Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2012, 05:54 AM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Terilynn
Stats: back to LC 1/6/14, going to stick to & make it
WOE: LC
to psyched to eat

Do you ever have problems eating (especially on an up day) after seeing the scale on a nice downward motion?

I am absolutely not wanting to eat just so I can keep seeing lower numbers.

How do you get over it?
Terilynn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2012, 05:57 AM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Trust the JUDDD plan! Me, after a DD I am starving in the morning and am always anxious to have a good hearty breakfast...and that keeps me good for hours!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:00 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
Agree with trusting the plan. As counterintuitive as it sounds, if you don't eat, you'll sabotage yourself more than if you do! So enjoy every last one of those UD calories knowing you earned this morning's great weigh-in.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:41 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Started Judd on 3.26.12
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Woot! on the great results.
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:20 AM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh - I totally agree and I am not even saying I am not hungry - I am just saying my brain is saying....see, you can lose all this darn weight....just don't eat for a while.

I have done hHcg and I know "for me" it isn't the way to go. At this time last year I was at 160 and flying high from it...... guess what???? When I started JUDDD April 16th I was 200!
Old 06-04-2012, 08:24 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 59 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
I know exactly what you mean! Yes, I've experienced the same thing. After a great DD and a nice drop on the scale sometimes AND experiencing the appetite suppressant aspect of JUDD, it's easy to talk myself into not eating because the old mindset is there. See? nice drop from a low cal day! Don't put anything in your mouth! You are not hungry anyway!..... BUT! BUT! BUT!

I've tried it and I don't get the expected drop the next day.

My personal way to overcome it has to do with protein. I remember everything I've read about how important lean protein and healthy fats are for weight loss. I'll go ahead and wait until after lunch if I'm not hungry.

That seems to satisfy that voice in my head that is telling me not to eat. Then I make a nice whey isolate protein shake with 30 grams of protein to break the fast. I make it my mission that day to get in 80 to 100 grams of protein and lots of green veggies, especially spinach and asparagus and cabbage.

I drink milk and eat Greek yogurt because dairy can also be helpful in weight control.

Later in the day I'll have 2 of my hot chocolate/coconut oil drinks. Then for dinner I do something like salmon or tilapia or chicken. I make sure I have it cooked in EVOO. I jot down my calories in a note pad as I go along because that makes it like a game. Can I get to 1900 with all very healthy food?

Then I'm proud of myself if I get in all the protein, veggies and dairy that I aimed for.

Think of it as a game that's making your body healthy. Your scale will reward you! JUDD can be fun!

Congrats on a good post DD drop!! KUTGW!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:56 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
I do! I do! Sometimes on an UD, I have trouble putting that very first calorie in my mouth. For me, it would be akin to winning a 20 billion dollar lottery and being afraid to spend the first dollar!!

When it happens to me, I make myself remember that my Metabolism Boss will holler at the little people, otherwise known as Little Fat Cell Keepers, to hold on to the fat 'cos she's starving us AGAIN. That makes me eat to keep the little cretins from hanging on to the fat.

You gotta eat on your UD!!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 10:58 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Stats: 162/149/149
Start Date: March, 2009
It is true sometimes, Teri, we can't "believe in" our right to eat (or need to eat) after a good scale number. For me, there's a tendency to want to "hold on" to that number for the next day, because I spent a long time with the mindset that my body "should" lock the new number in - get used to it, accept it.

With JUDDD, we get to let go of our "shoulds".

What I can always "believe in" is the great truth that I am going to be seriously hungry by evening. And if I wait too long in the day to make a decision and EAT, I know from pure experience my eating will go out of control that night. THAT I believe!

So I try to look at the whole UD spreading out before me. Then I remember to treat my breakfast/lunch as insurance for a sensible supper that will let me steady my calories under my UD number.

That's one reason I love the daily "What are you eating?" threads here. Even if I don't always post, it's a reminder to always spend a little while in the morning thinking about the WHOLE day.

Lost 13 pounds on JUDDD in 2009 and began happy maintenance. Slipped up in 2012, but JUDDD got me back to goal!
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:11 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Sooo happy for you Terilynn! I also know that panic sort of feeling! When in WLM I would feel that way after seeing a drop after a DD and it would last maybe a few minutes, until I would remind myself how this plan works, focus on what I was gonna "get-to-eat!!!" that day, and proceed to enjoy myself!!!!And.....ya know what....the plan did not fail me. It's a bit of a challenge in maintenance too and takes adjusting to, but so far so good. I may at some point decide to drop a few more lbs., but for now I am so very happy and content and feel blessed to have found JUDDD.NEVER GIVE UP!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:16 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
I can't get a piece of bacon dripping with walden farms syrup in my mouth fast enough when I wake up on an UD But on a lot of UD sometime during the day I forget that I can eat, so for awhile I don't, until I remember it's an UDI really think my menopausal mind is going senileAll the days seem to go by so quickly. By the time the weather gets really hot, we should all look much better in our summer clothes
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:44 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/114.8/128 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD - 1/1/12 + intermittent LCHF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terilynn View Post
Do you ever have problems eating (especially on an up day) after seeing the scale on a nice downward motion?

I am absolutely not wanting to eat just so I can keep seeing lower numbers.

How do you get over it?
I know exactly what you mean. I love looking at the scale and, with appetite suppression, I tend to forget about eating.

So, I remind myself that, for me, Spring proved if I eat too little on UD I will stall and lose the lovely NSVs.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:35 AM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

I ended up eating ok in the end yesterday, but I was only eating to eat at every meal. I was not hungry. In fact, a little bloated and miserable stuffed feeling even when not eating. Very strange. I am sure today on my DD it won't go as smoothly.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:58 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/114.8/128 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD - 1/1/12 + intermittent LCHF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terilynn View Post
I am sure today on my DD it won't go as smoothly.
It might. For me, once appetite suppression kicks in, it kicks tail daily.

On the other hand, given those symptoms, watch your tummy (sorry about the mangled metaphor). You might have a bug coming on.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:53 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IThinkICan
Stats: 218/142-144/145
WOE: HCG-R5P4 JUDDD
I totally feel lost after a drop... like I don't know what to eat or how much to eat after a nice drop! Just eat up those UD calories and think to yourself, "I can skip that tomorrow."

Then don't get on the scale again until after another DD.
IThinkICan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:34 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Stats: 162/149/149
Start Date: March, 2009
The new thread today, "six weeks to OMG" made me rethink my post in this thread. Maybe I don't have to feel that my calories need to spread out through the day, either, just to insure against a late meal of too many calories. Maybe that's a "should", too!!!
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote