Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2012, 08:39 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mary615
Hello, Just starting JUDDD

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking on this forum for about a week now, and decided to finally say hi. I've probably tried every diet you can think of, however I'm never able to stick to one longer than a day. When I found out about alternate day dieting, I had a feeling that this might be for me! I went out an purchased the Alternate Day Diet book by Dr. Johnson and have read about half of it so far.

Today is my third Down Day of 400 calories, and I have to say the DD's are not so bad. I haven't been counting calories on the UD's and at this point I don't think I want to - I like the idea of only having to think about dieting every other day. I've been keeping the DD's low carb with things like cheese sticks, hard boiled eggs, broth, and syntrax nectar shakes.

I didn't check my start weight because I was scared to see what it was , but I'm guessing it was around 205 lbs. My goal weight is 135 lbs. I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow morning, and then once a week to make sure I'm losing. This WOE give me hope that I can reach my goal weight once and for all!!

Also, I have asthma, and I'm currently on a couple of medications for it. It would be extra amazing to have my asthma get better from doing this along with losing weight!
mary615 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2012, 09:21 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: babykinz
WOE: LCishJUDDD

I have a feel you will have great success on this WOE!
babykinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:50 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Buttercup204
Stats: 204/197/165
WOE: NK/JUDDD
Mary, I know my asthma has improved greatly this way so look forward to some changes soon! My asthma is pretty much strictly exercise induced so I don't use my inhaler much but I am more prone to bronchitis, pneumonia and similar and I'm often put on prednisone, etc for it and I'm tired of each course making me gain 15 lbs! So if this WOE helps prevent sickness from asthma and the related meds, I'm happy! So far so good and I've even been able to start running again. It's very exciting! I started about two weeks ago now and have lost 11 lbs and started around where you have. My goal is 165 but my secret-ultimate-pie-in-the-sky goal is under 150 (anywhere in the 140's would be amazing) but have struggled in the past to ever get all the way to my goal. I'm 5'10" so I'm probably overestimating what I should weigh just because I hide my weight well, but I don't want to hide weight anymore! Good luck, keep it up and you're going to love the effects!

I just wanted to let you know that asthma symptoms often do get better on JUDDD - something to look forward to, besides the weight loss which in and of itself is great enough reason to stick with this WOE!

-Michelle
2nd Mini-goal: 190
3rd Mini-goal: 185
4th Mini-goal: 180
5th Mini-goal: 175
6th Mini -goal: 170
Goal: 155-165 & size 8/10 or whatever weight gets rid of my wobbly bits!
Buttercup204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mitsa
Stats: start 118/ goal 100
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 05/26/12
Welcome !! You'll do great and there are so many friendly helpful people here that will support you.
I'm new myself , this is my second week and will do my first weigh in on Sunday or Monday. Jeans already looser.
Mitsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:55 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Mary.Just my opinion, but I think you are starting on the wrong foot by not counting calories on UD. If you read any of my posts you will find that as few as 200 calories over on a given day can equal zero weight loss. I know it isn't fun to count calories but Judd is about calories and really nothing but calories. Not knowing how many calories we were eating is how we became overweight to begin with. I assume you are trying this woe because it is different from your current way of eating with which you became overweight. You did not count calories with your current way of eating, how did that work out for you? Which ever way you choose to do Juddd I'm wishing you good luck and great success.
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:53 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
I really think you'll JUDDD!
Jbinme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:54 AM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Lost with JUDDD! Maintaining with HDE/IE
Mary!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:02 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Great job, Mary! Do what works for you now and if you find you have to tweak things later you can. Some people count calories, some don't on UD. I don't always "count" per say but I make pretty sure I know how close I am to my upper limit. Sometimes it way higher but at least I know
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:41 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Welcome, Mary! And enjoy. We're gad to have you here.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:18 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: stitcher
Start Date: April 1, 2012
I started JUDDD with slightly higher calories than I'm eating now. I think that helped ease me into the program. Good luck, I'm sure you will do well!

Lynn
stitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:40 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
So glad you are finding the DDs easy so far! They get even better once the sirtuins are built up to max.

I'm one who believes that in the beginning, if you have a pretty good idea of calories and can estimate on UDs it's OK not to count. The most important thing is to get started! That's exactly what you are doing and I'm proud of you and glad you are here with us!

Once you step on the scale and have a starting point, you will know eventually whether or not you have to count calories on UDs. It's simple, really. If you are not losing then you can figure that you are either not eating enough or you are eating too much. A trial week of counting on UDs after you've been doing it for a while will let you know if you are on target or not.

Another suggestion I have is that you should get out a tape measure and record your measurements. Don't just measure the traditional B-W-H. Measure the circumference under your arm pits! Measure your thighs. Measure underneath your "girls" where your bra strap is. Measure your neck.

I am one who started dropping clothing sizes really quickly on JUDD although the scale was moving down very slowly. I measured bust, waist, hips and didn't see a huge change so immediately started measuring other things as I realized we have lots of "nooks and crannies" where we lose inches and that change makes our clothes looser.

When you notice the inches melting, you can be assured that the scale will catch up and show a nice drop soon. JUDD has some pretty great fat melting magic while retaining muscle. That's one reason it's so good.

You are going to love this WOL!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:14 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Glad you're back, YamYam.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:34 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
Hi Mary, !

If/when the time comes and you quit losing, be sure to track your UD calories for a few days. Although I'm a pitifully slow loser - and I have the bounciest scale around - I took a suggestion to count them. Turns out I wasn't eating up to my UD calories. Once I did, I had a nice drop on the scale.

You'll love JUDDD once you get into the groove and the Sirt gene kicks in.
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:50 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: zeraspride
Stats: Highest 282.5 CW: 265 GW: 160
Start Date: 5/21/12
Another Welcome!!! You will love this section of the boards! The ladies here are so supportive. I'm a newbie myself - two weeks in but I love this program. I count my UDs sort of but I'm more concerned with keeping the DD calories under my limit and so far so good. If and/or when I stop losing then I will re-examine keeping better track of UPs. Report back and let us know how well you are doing!
zeraspride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:51 AM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan

In addition to the very good suggestion of measuring, dig out a pair of pants that you haven't been able to get into in a while. If you need to, go get a pair that's too snug at the thrift store. Use those pants as an indicator of your progress. The pants won't lie!

Sending you every good wish for long term success!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:18 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhioGuy
Stats: 6'2'' 370 atkins to 355 then JUDDD
WOE: Good bye LC, Hello Juddd
Start Date: 3/5/2012 atkins intro JUDDD 3/29/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
So glad you are finding the DDs easy so far! They get even better once the sirtuins are built up to max.

I'm one who believes that in the beginning, if you have a pretty good idea of calories and can estimate on UDs it's OK not to count. The most important thing is to get started! That's exactly what you are doing and I'm proud of you and glad you are here with us!
i should just go around the forum and say: "what she said!"

over eating is over eating. you will know if you ate to much and there is
a statement he makes about needing or not needing to count calories on UDs. (i think its a sticky thread now?) but you will eventually but like yam says..
you can estimate and you know when you have eaten poorly, but after a few weeks you will be rockin!
OhioGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:50 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Sheridan great idea, that's a much better indicator than any scale!
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:54 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CatherineA
WOE: formerly LC; trying JUDDD 2322.464
Start Date: 5/4/12
Mary

You'll love JUDD!
CatherineA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:54 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow