Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2012, 05:39 PM   #91
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Stats: 227/175/? 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: started JUDDD 3/22/2012
You're a real good egg, Phyl.
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2012, 08:56 PM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Another here who stumbled on JUDDD by accident. I was searching for coconut bark recipes that led me to lcf, and started reading on the paleo board. But it was pretty dead, so I went looking into the other forums, saw the JUDDD acronym and wondered what the heck it meant. LOL And here I am. So glad I found y'all.

And Phyl, I feel like you do right now too. So many have joined recently, and I LOVE that, but feel bad because I can't spend as much time here and so feel like I'm not getting to know people like I was able to before.

Great UD today. Didn't 'cheat' once (on the bad for me foods I've been pigging out on). Made some coconut/peanut butter fudge that was so yummy, and just had one small piece after lunch (used Stevia, so no sugar). Found a recipe for a flax tortilla (no grain, vegan) and made those for supper, so I actually had something to put my burrito meat on, rather than just eating it with a fork.

PJ, I'm so glad you got a little whoosh. After all you've been through, you deserve it for sure. And I'd imagine that the anti-inflammatory nature of JUDDD will help in your healing as well.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:34 PM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Sheridan...Thank you for the sweet sentiment...too bad I'm scrambled some of the time!!!

Phyl
gotitnow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:52 AM   #94
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Phyl, you are right in the middle of all the JUDDD love and support, we quite understand about the real life stuff, as you know I was quiet for a while. That is fine, no guilt allowed.

Thanks Zipp, it is wonderful.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:46 AM   #95
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Looks like my new plan to follow LFL on UD's is working. I only had a .8 bounce up this morning after an UD. For me, it is so much easier to follow a structured plan since even after 5 months I still get carried away on UD's. Enjoyed my lunch salad with fullfat dressing. Haven't had a salad in forever since I hate lowfat dressings. Otherwise the day was uneventful. Looking forward to a new low tomorrow since today is a DD.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:07 AM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/285/<160 (5'7")
WOE: LC/JUDDD/Fast5/Diabetes Miracle 2010-12
Start Date: 2014: Shangri-La
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
I decided to do a DD yesterday, my first since the car accident...
woke up yesterday at 273.4,
today at 268.2!!! New low!!!!!!!!!
Only by .4lb; last new low was 268.6, but I hadn't seen it since 5/26.
In fact, I hadn't seen anything under 270 since 5/26.
Yesterday, I saw 268.2 again! Quite nice after an UD!
Then today...266.8!!! Yay, finally! It seems like months since I've had significant or steady weight loss...I hope it keeps up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
PJ, I'm so glad you got a little whoosh. After all you've been through, you deserve it for sure. And I'd imagine that the anti-inflammatory nature of JUDDD will help in your healing as well.
Thank you!
I didn't fast the first few days after the accident, but after someone posted about being sick & not hungry for her scheduled UD, I suggested fasting to speed the healing...then decided to take my own advice.

Yesterday was my second DD and I still haven't eaten today. I feel good...not "let's go to kickboxing class" good, but pretty good!

I've kept up my l-glutamine and green coffee bean extract intake throughout all this. I wonder if they're the reason I'm finally losing again?

On a non-weight-related topic...One of my neighbor's kittens crawled up my pants & shirt & fell asleep in my hand yesterday!!! He's very little and doesn't know how to nurse properly; he keeps biting his mom so she runs away from him...this means her other kittens aren't getting to nurse peacefully. I walked home with him in my hand...he stayed asleep... I'm feeding him with a bottle and he's doing great! My friend says the momma was nursing the others this morning, so this is good for all the kittens! I don't know if I'm keeping him yet, but definitely want to take care of him for a few days until he gets stronger.

He reminds me of a baby duck when he's sleeping--he's so ridiculously tiny!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kitty.jpg (21.3 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by piratejenny; 06-14-2012 at 10:10 AM.. Reason: add photo
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:33 AM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
PJ You KNOW you'll end up with him. They are not to be denied..

I feel really free today, going to a cocktail reception before a lecture on Wyeth by his granddaughter at the Atheneaum. I KNOW I can have whatever I want within reason-and it's an UD!! I still had DDs, but I like having so many more choices. And it's coming into fruit season-YAY peaches!
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:44 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

I enjoyed some fruit with my lunch--fresh berries and a little pineapple, and it's a DD for me. I even topped it with a little coconut milk whipped cream. YUM!

And PJ, that kitten has claimed you, he's staying.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: 150?/?/135 52yo
WOE: JUDDDish
PJ, so happy for your beautiful numbers! And for your new friend.
Joyjoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:59 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Stats: 162/149/149
Start Date: March, 2009
Consider taking him back for family visits, Jenny, to keep him aware of the others and the others aware of him, so he'll get healthy cat-social-growth knowledge.

adi, I hope you have a good number in the morning, but even if it's not great you already see you've had a good idea here.

I found Dr. Johnson's studies through all the interest in calorie restriction that followed the Biosphere, Dr. Wolford, and the Scientific American telecasts with Alan Alda. Not until I read his book did I realize Putnam's title choice of "Alternate Day" was not the original name, which I'd heard about on the net for years but never investigated - Up Day, Down Day! When I found this forum I was like,

Lost 13 pounds on JUDDD in 2009 and began happy maintenance. Slipped up in 2012, but JUDDD got me back to goal!
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:14 PM   #101
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, I will take the kitty back for visits.

We already have a cat, so we will have to see if she accepts the situation. I actually thought she would try to take care of the kitty (long story--she's done it before with kittens AND puppies ) but she's growling a lot and refusing to stay in the house.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:21 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lynnport
Okay, I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to ask questions on, but here goes... I've read the book. How do most people manage carbs and calories on up and down days? I've been off and on low carb for years. I feel the best with high fat, semi low carb days (50-60) and about 1500 -1600 calorie days. When I stick to this I lose slowly. I quit eating wheat 4 1/2 weeks ago and lost 7 lbs without trying. I want to take it to the next level. Any suggestions?
lynnport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:44 PM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
Ready for another question from us hcg jumpers?! LOL

Nah, I love my hcg but I am really interested in using JUDDD for maintenance - and I asked questions more in the thread hikergurl started today.

My main question here is, where do I find info on the anti-inflammatory aspects of the program? Arthritis and fibro pain gets relief from hcg but I'm not looking forward to that ending next week. ShelbyLA told me that is a big part of JUDDD - how long does it take to kick in, anything special I should be aware of, who has done it for that?

Thanks!

HCG Rx to lose - JUDDD to maintain
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:03 PM   #104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

AND I just went ahead and bought the book on kindle. But I'd really like to hear what you all have to say, anyone who has experience with the anti-inflammatory aspects especially - or even hearsay ! "I had a friend who knew a janitor who had a sister who had a neighbor who said it totally helped...." ya scientific like that Or real science or real first-hand knowledge. It all will help !
Old 06-14-2012, 11:56 PM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Thank you Kissa for reassuring me. You are always one of the sweetest hearts around here. I'm too old to be so insecure, aren't I? It's just hard to feel like you're "giving back" enough sometimes, the support is so wonderful.......which reminds me......I KNOW I'm not the only one that misses Beeb, Pat, Jo, Sophie, Sazzie (to name a few) being here on a daily basis. I understand all to well how our lives can get in the way though......for all sorts of reasons. Here is some xtra love and for everyone today!

Phyl..........Just want to add how glad I am for all the precious buds
still here daily !!!!
gotitnow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:42 AM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnport View Post
Okay, I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to ask questions on, but here goes... I've read the book. How do most people manage carbs and calories on up and down days? I've been off and on low carb for years. I feel the best with high fat, semi low carb days (50-60) and about 1500 -1600 calorie days. When I stick to this I lose slowly. I quit eating wheat 4 1/2 weeks ago and lost 7 lbs without trying. I want to take it to the next level. Any suggestions?
I eat primal (no grains, refined sugar, potatoes, dairy--I'm allergic), and I'm allergic to eggs as well. My carb level on dd's is 30-40 g, and on UD's 80-100g. I lost 20 pounds just doing this, and then came to JUDDD and lost the next 7 to my goal. Find your numbers using the calculator, and stick to them. JUDDD doesn't care what you eat, just how much. Eat what fuels your body and makes you feel best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Marie View Post

Nah, I love my hcg but I am really interested in using JUDDD for maintenance - and I asked questions more in the thread hikergurl started today.

My main question here is, where do I find info on the anti-inflammatory aspects of the program? Arthritis and fibro pain gets relief from hcg but I'm not looking forward to that ending next week. ShelbyLA told me that is a big part of JUDDD - how long does it take to kick in, anything special I should be aware of, who has done it for that?

Thanks!
I have experienced it. I got a lot of anti-inflammatory benefit from dropping grains/sugars and eating real, whole foods. My issues were primarily aching joints, especially my feet and legs when I first got out of bed. And that simply went away. To see more, read the NSV (non-scale victories) thread. LOTS of examples in there.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:59 AM   #107
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Thanks!
I posted the following snip a few days ago on the Non-Scale Victories thread. That NSV thread should be a "must read" for all newbies!

Non-Scale Victories- please list them

Quote:
I'm not sure what caused me to think about this yesterday, but it suddenly dawned on me that I haven't had to park in the close-up parking space reserved for "senior citizens" at the grocery store for a couple months. The last several times I've even deliberately parked at the outer edge of the lot so I could get more exercise. And I've refused help from the baggers getting the stuff from the store into my car.

I used to have arthritis in my hip and knee so bad that when it was at its very worst I had to use a cane. Hated that! Not being able to really do much played a big part in how much weight I gained, I'm sure of it. Even when I lost weight last year, I still hurt pretty bad a lot of the time. A trip to the store sometimes completely did me in for a couple days. Last Christmas just before I made the decision to go off low carb for the holidays, I'd lost down to 217 (10 pounds lower than my starting weight for JUDDD) and had to cut short a shopping trip at the mall because my hip was absolutely killing me. I don't think I was even in there for 30 minutes before I had to leave.

I'm sitting here thinking about all of this and it seems like something I saw in a movie, if that makes sense. It happened to the character who is playing me in a movie. Yet I know it was me not so very long ago. Being skeptical by nature, I doubt I would have really believed it had someone told me the difference would be this drastic or this quick. But it has.

Just the freedom from chronic pain is reason enough to follow this way of eating for the rest of my life.
I hope you find as much relief as I have!
Old 06-15-2012, 12:09 PM   #108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm very glad to know that. I've walked with a cane for more than 2 years now. I'm 50, not 80, and I don't like feeling it like this. I read the entire book last night LOL. I am a tax accountant, not a scientist, but I think I get the gist of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
I used to have arthritis in my hip and knee so bad that when it was at its very worst I had to use a cane.

I hope you find as much relief as I have!

Last edited by C'Marie; 06-15-2012 at 12:13 PM..
Old 06-15-2012, 02:08 PM   #109
Big Yapper!!!!

Guess I hadn't realized that I rarely have any joint pain anymore. Now that is a nice side effect.
My weakness is ice cream so why have I researched all morning and now have ice cream custard cooling in the frig??? I made it with fresh goat milk and a dozen fresh eggs and a little cream. I had to find a new recipe since all of mine were low carb and used WAY too much cream. The calories would kill me. I can't freeze it until the custard has cooled. Should have started sooner since tomorrow is a DD. I have a Cuisinart with the canister that I keep in the freezer just in case I want to make ice cream. Made plain vanilla with infused vanilla beans. YUM!! Can't wait for my after dinner treat.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/148/139 JUDDD 01/08/12
Old 06-15-2012, 02:33 PM   #110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The kitty weighed about 8.75 oz the night I brought him home...
Now he weighs 12.5! In less than 48 hours!!!

I have been bottle-feeding him at least once an hour when he is awake, sometimes 2 or 3 times. It takes quite a while for him to drink just a teaspoon or two of formula!

Today he seems a bit less needy...he bravely climbed up the couch and fell asleep, instead of climbing up my shirt and sleeping in my hand or on my neck.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:38 PM   #111
Big Yapper!!!!

Good for kitty. More milk equals faster growth.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:25 PM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Stats: 162/149/149
Start Date: March, 2009
Quote:
I quit eating wheat 4 1/2 weeks ago and lost 7 lbs without trying.
That is wonderful, lynnport. I didn't come to JUDDD from a low-carb background and I don't count carbs on UDs so can't help you there, except to say I try for moderation. But on DDs I try to have a protein meal (often an omelet) , and a salad meal, and just limit carbs beyond that. Today, for instance, 1/2 sweet potato and 1/2-cup blackberries. Beyond calories, I am as likely to watch sodium as carbs.

C'Marie, I'm so glad you found some input. I feel better on JUDDD. But I don't know exactly how to explain it and think I may see more of the respiratory improvement than the joint improvement. However, the fact that I can report to you I find inflammation improvement at all does seem positive. Our bodies all gain what they need individually.

I am trying hard not to get excited. I see a really good build-up to an excellent scale number for me tomorrow. I only gained 1/2 pound from my 1,800-plus UD yesterday and had the feeling the scale was flirting with showing less. Interestingly, I didn't avoid carbs and didn't plan my sodium particularly well. Rather than my usual omelet I had quiche, of all things. And I had dessert twice. But don't seem to have had a problem with it!

Speaking of omelets, has anyone else (in US, I suppose) seen the new IHOP commercials that explain that IHOP always puts pancake batter into their omelets???? Anyone else find that a negative rather than positive point???
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:32 PM   #113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/168.5/155
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Just had to check in with y'all after a week (actually 4 DD's) with a total loss of 10 pounds (added one more this morning) so am feeling quite good about JUDDD. As I've said before, I've been lc'ing for years and been losing and regaining the same 10 pounds but think this is the best fit for me. I'm sure the weight loss will slow down this week but I'm also seeing the inches disappearing as well. I like someone's suggestion about using an under-sized pair of pants as a marker. Looking forward to the trip to the thrift store to buy the smaller size.

So, thanks to you all for your support and, yes, I did buy the book and enjoying it. I still need to check out some of the "science" behind this woe but I love doing that, too. BTW, so many of the folks here on this forum are people I've been following on other threads for a long time and I feel as tho' you are old friends....thanks again and I'll keep you posted on my journey.

Mary in SoCal

BTW, we found out some time ago about IHOP and the pancake mix in the omelets and stopped going to IHOP even tho' we only rarely ate the omelets.

Last edited by Mssarge; 06-15-2012 at 06:34 PM.. Reason: add a note
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:07 PM   #114
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I'm very glad to know that. I've walked with a cane for more than 2 years now. I'm 50, not 80, and I don't like feeling it like this. I read the entire book last night LOL. I am a tax accountant, not a scientist, but I think I get the gist of it.
I'm 57, so I know just what you mean. I hope you get as much relief as I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
The kitty weighed about 8.75 oz the night I brought him home...
Now he weighs 12.5! In less than 48 hours!!!

I have been bottle-feeding him at least once an hour when he is awake, sometimes 2 or 3 times. It takes quite a while for him to drink just a teaspoon or two of formula!

Today he seems a bit less needy...he bravely climbed up the couch and fell asleep, instead of climbing up my shirt and sleeping in my hand or on my neck.
Made my heart smile to read that, Jenny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mssarge View Post
Just had to check in with y'all after a week (actually 4 DD's) with a total loss of 10 pounds (added one more this morning) so am feeling quite good about JUDDD. As I've said before, I've been lc'ing for years and been losing and regaining the same 10 pounds but think this is the best fit for me. I'm sure the weight loss will slow down this week but I'm also seeing the inches disappearing as well. I like someone's suggestion about using an under-sized pair of pants as a marker. Looking forward to the trip to the thrift store to buy the smaller size.

So, thanks to you all for your support and, yes, I did buy the book and enjoying it. I still need to check out some of the "science" behind this woe but I love doing that, too. BTW, so many of the folks here on this forum are people I've been following on other threads for a long time and I feel as tho' you are old friends....thanks again and I'll keep you posted on my journey.

Mary in SoCal.
WOW! GREAT going, Mary! I just know you're going to love this new way of life!
Old 06-16-2012, 09:11 AM   #115
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
C'Marie, I really hope the JUDDD magic works for you. So many of us 'older' ones find we feel much better on JUDDD.

I love that little kitty PJ and that is a great job you are doing. Thank you, on behalf of kittens everywhere!

Wow Mssarge, that is an astounding loss in such a short time. Congrats.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 01:50 PM   #116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
Good for kitty. More milk equals faster growth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
Made my heart smile to read that, Jenny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
I love that little kitty PJ and that is a great job you are doing. Thank you, on behalf of kittens everywhere!
Aw, thanks, ladies!!!

He weighs a bit more today & is very becoming very playful...I think he is doing well! His tummy is getting quite big; I hope I am not over-feeding him! But he doesn't eat every time I offer it, and he backs up after a few minutes of drinking or starts playing with something. So I'm just sort of trusting his appetite.

He pooped the night I brought him home but hasn't pooped since--that's almost 3 days! I may have to name him Jamie (OhioGuy)!!!

Last edited by piratejenny; 06-16-2012 at 01:52 PM.. Reason: kitten tried typing lol
Old 06-16-2012, 02:11 PM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Showcats
Stats: 193/168.6/150 5'6" Age 48
Start Date: 4/1/12 (177.8)
PJ, the kitten is adorable. How old is he? If he is very young he may not be able to poop on his own and will need to be stimulated. I had to do that with my baby puppies when their mom wouldn't take care of them.
Showcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 02:19 PM   #118
Big Yapper!!!!

I don't know about kitties but for baby goats that don't go, I give them a glycerin enema since I always have glycerin on hand for my lotion making projects.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:23 PM   #119
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

i think he is 4 or 5 weeks.
i had no idea they need help!!!
thank u so much for mentioning that!
c̶a̶n̶ ̶u̶ ̶p̶l̶s̶ ̶t̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶2̶ ̶"̶s̶t̶i̶m̶u̶l̶a̶t̶e̶"̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶?̶
(never mind...youtube to the rescue!!!)

he did poop on his own that 1 time, but it was very loose--he had licked a lot of coconut oil off my fingers; perhaps it gave him diarrhea
(his eyes were crusted shut & i used the oil to clean them)

ps--he does pee on his own several times a day.
very big puddles for such a tiny guy!

Last edited by piratejenny; 06-16-2012 at 02:37 PM.. Reason: ps
Old 06-16-2012, 02:44 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Showcats
Stats: 193/168.6/150 5'6" Age 48
Start Date: 4/1/12 (177.8)
Hi PJ, usually their moms stimulate them for the first 4 to 5 weeks so if he doesn't go on his own, stimulate him at least 3 times a day or better yet, everytime he eats. My kitten in my avi was 4 or 5 weeks old when we took her in as a foster and was eating and going on her own. Your little guy sounds younger than that if he is still being bottle-fed. It is a great thing you are doing taking care of him. Kittens are so much fun. We adopted ours last week when she was finally up to 2 pounds and could be spayed.

Last edited by Showcats; 06-16-2012 at 02:53 PM..
Showcats is offline   Reply With Quote