Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2012, 10:11 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member
 
Mitsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 210
Gallery: Mitsa
Stats: start 118/ goal 100
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 05/26/12
1st dinner out since startng Juddd and its DD



Not sure what to do??
Im so hungry today, not sure why???/ Morning was fine and its now 3pm and i have had 20g plain popcorn, laughing cow cheese and 1 very thin slice of low fat ham. calulator says 336 for dd for me. Dinner not till 7pm.
Dont know whether i will last that long. Can i have up to 500 still ?
casseroles tonight for dinner but not sure what kind they are and whats gone into them...

Last edited by Mitsa; 06-01-2012 at 10:12 PM.. Reason: forgot to mention something
Mitsa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2012, 04:59 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
gotsomeold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Asheville, NC / Marietta, Ga
Posts: 3,789
Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
You can have 500 calories, yes. Many of us find we lose weight and gain all the benefits eating at a somewhat higher level than the website calculates.

There are 'hungry' DDs sometimes. The TOM cycle (ovulation or period) seems to cause many of us to be especially hungry for a day or two. Stress can do it. Just plain adjusting to the new woe can do it.

I encourage you to test different foods to find what helps on those days. Always begin with a big glass of water. Thirst frequently masquerades as hunger. On most DDs I stick to veggies (lots of volume, low cal) but I keep baked chicken or turkey in the fridge as I find sometimes literally one bite of protein calms the feed-me-monster. Ditto fats. I have been known to measure 1/2 teaspoon of butter (20 calories) and just eat it. But, always start with that glass of water then do something that requires concentration - sometimes bodies forget they are hungry.

Over time, as the sirtin enzymes build up and your body adjusts to the JUDDD woe, you may find hunger diminishes tremendously.
__________________
- Nancy
GOAL 10/3/12
Still at goal 2/6/13
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:29 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member
 
Mitsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 210
Gallery: Mitsa
Stats: start 118/ goal 100
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 05/26/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
You can have 500 calories, yes. Many of us find we lose weight and gain all the benefits eating at a somewhat higher level than the website calculates.

There are 'hungry' DDs sometimes. The TOM cycle (ovulation or period) seems to cause many of us to be especially hungry for a day or two. Stress can do it. Just plain adjusting to the new woe can do it.

I encourage you to test different foods to find what helps on those days. Always begin with a big glass of water. Thirst frequently masquerades as hunger. On most DDs I stick to veggies (lots of volume, low cal) but I keep baked chicken or turkey in the fridge as I find sometimes literally one bite of protein calms the feed-me-monster. Ditto fats. I have been known to measure 1/2 teaspoon of butter (20 calories) and just eat it. But, always start with that glass of water then do something that requires concentration - sometimes bodies forget they are hungry.

Over time, as the sirtin enzymes build up and your body adjusts to the JUDDD woe, you may find hunger diminishes tremendously.
I drink about 4 ltr a day so I know it's not that. I am however in the muddle of my cycle. I wasn't hungry on the last couple of dd but today has been different so that might be it.
Do I do a ud or dd tomorrow?
Mitsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:53 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!
 
adillenal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,630
Gallery: adillenal
Continue your rotation.
I am not a fan of over doing the water intake either so not sure if 4 lt = over a gallon is pushing it or not. Not sure of where I read it but in some book I have it talks about too much water being as bad as not enough. Flushing out salts and such faster than they can be replenished.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:43 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
gotsomeold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Asheville, NC / Marietta, Ga
Posts: 3,789
Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Mitsa, if you went wild and ate almost to (or over) UD levels, count this as an UD and have a DD tomorrow. If you ate more than DD levels but not as much as UD levels, count this as a DD and maintain your normal rotation.

And, take note of the time in your cycle.

This will probably happen again next month...it might even happen again in two weeks (ovulation and TOM can each cause hormonal swings). As you pinpoint the dates, you can make plans to have lots of low-cal food on hand for the magical I'm Starving days. AND you can plan to test various foods to find out what is most satisfying.

Ultimately, most bodies do seem to burn hotter on these starving DDs. So, they do not seem to slow down weight loss or mess up maintenance. This is a learning blip in your journey - don't worry.

Adi, I do agree it is possible and very dangerous to over-hydrate. But, as a culture, many of us do not drink enough. So, I include water in my suggestions. Sometimes one glass of water cools those hunger pains.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 06-02-2012 at 07:47 AM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:07 AM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!
 
adillenal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,630
Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post

Adi, I do agree it is possible and very dangerous to over-hydrate. But, as a culture, many of us do not drink enough. So, I include water in my suggestions. Sometimes one glass of water cools those hunger pains.

I agree that a glass of water is fine but the OP said she drinks 4 Lt of water a day. That is a lot. I tried once to drink 120 ounces and could not do it. All I did was drink water all day. Plus ended up having serious leg cramps due to depletion of vital nutrients. So each person is different in their needs for hydration.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:42 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 402
Gallery: Avicenna
Stats: 215/190's/somewhere in the 170's
WOE: Paleo/primal 80/20
Start Date: July 2011 (JUDDD in February 2012)
Life happens! So far, I've found that socializing is the main reason I have trouble staying with my DD limit. (Fortunately, I don't do it very often...) I'd say just eat as little as you can while still being polite, and I think that even if you go a little over your limit, as long as it's still significantly less than you'd normally eat, it's still a DD.
Avicenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 04:09 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member
 
Mitsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 210
Gallery: Mitsa
Stats: start 118/ goal 100
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 05/26/12
It's morning here, so good morning all.

Last night turned out fine. From what I ate during the day (163 cals), 100 cal popcorn, 48 cal laughing cow cheese and 1 slice of thin lite ham 15 cals, i had some spare cals. Calculator says 336. Then at dinner I didn't have dessert as I'm not a sweet eater. I feel I'm over dd cals and under ud cals. My dinner portion wasn't too large, 1 tbs mash potato, large serving spoon of chicken casserole, 2 tbs of peas, 1 tbs of carrots, 1/2 cup of cauliflower. Before dinner there were some nibbles of potato crisps and nuts. I counted 7 cashews, and I ate 8 large potato crisps.
As for water, I've done that for years. No problems. I just sip it during the day. I worked in the gold mines and it was very very hot. Just habit now. Its not 4 litres every day but definitely, at least 3- 4 ltrs everyday I dont drink soft drinks or fruit jiuces. Definitely a habit. Great for the complexion too.

Last edited by Mitsa; 06-02-2012 at 04:41 PM..
Mitsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 04:39 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,819
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsa View Post
It's morning here, so good morning all.

Last night turned out fine. From what I ate during the day (170 cals) I had some spare cals. Calculator says 336. Then at dinner I didn't have dessert as I'm not a sweet eater. I feel I'm over dd cals and under ud cals. My dinner portion wasn't too large, 1 tbs mash potato, large serving spoon of chicken casserole, 2 tbs of peas, 1 tbs of carrots, 1/2 cup of cauliflower. Before dinner there were some nibbles of potato crisps and nuts. I counted 7 cashews, and I ate 8 large potato crisps.
As for water, I've done that for years. No problems. I just sip it during the day. I worked in the gold mines and it was very very hot. Just habit now.

I am a big water drinker and believe in it! I add 1/4 tsp of sea salt to my 1st glass and that is sufficient to keep me from over drinking and washing so many of my nutrients out. Sounds like you are doing well Mitsa!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 04:45 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member
 
Mitsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 210
Gallery: Mitsa
Stats: start 118/ goal 100
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 05/26/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Mitsa, if you went wild and ate almost to (or over) UD levels, count this as an UD and have a DD tomorrow. If you ate more than DD levels but not as much as UD levels, count this as a DD and maintain your normal rotation.

And, take note of the time in your cycle.

This will probably happen again next month...it might even happen again in two weeks (ovulation and TOM can each cause hormonal swings). As you pinpoint the dates, you can make plans to have lots of low-cal food on hand for the magical I'm Starving days. AND you can plan to test various foods to find out what is most satisfying.

Ultimately, most bodies do seem to burn hotter on these starving DDs. So, they do not seem to slow down weight loss or mess up maintenance. This is a learning blip in your journey - don't worry.

Adi, I do agree it is possible and very dangerous to over-hydrate. But, as a culture, many of us do not drink enough. So, I include water in my suggestions. Sometimes one glass of water cools those hunger pains.
Definitely marked this time down, see what happens next month.

Btw, that is such a happy photo of yourself.
Mitsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:18 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Oregon Coast
Posts: 790
Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Mitsa, something filling that I love for DD is cauliflower mash. They are so much like mashed potatoes but many less calories. Here is the recipe.
One head cauliflower, steamed till soft
4 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
Salt to taste
Put both in blender while hot
Blend until creamy

I always keep a batch of these in the fridge and eat these on DD and UD. It usually makes about four cups. 8 oz of cooked cauliflower is 52 calories and 4 tablespoons of whipped cream cheese is 120 calories. So one cup or 8 oz of this would be about 86 calories give or take. Some heads of cauliflower are larger than others so each time you make it you might get more or less than 4 cups total. I divided the 120 calories by 4. It is actually quite filling for a veggie.
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:49 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member
 
Mitsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 210
Gallery: Mitsa
Stats: start 118/ goal 100
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 05/26/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffabuff View Post
Mitsa, something filling that I love for DD is cauliflower mash. They are so much like mashed potatoes but many less calories. Here is the recipe.
One head cauliflower, steamed till soft
4 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
Salt to taste
Put both in blender while hot
Blend until creamy

I always keep a batch of these in the fridge and eat these on DD and UD. It usually makes about four cups. 8 oz of cooked cauliflower is 52 calories and 4 tablespoons of whipped cream cheese is 120 calories. So one cup or 8 oz of this would be about 86 calories give or take. Some heads of cauliflower are larger than others so each time you make it you might get more or less than 4 cups total. I divided the 120 calories by 4. It is actually quite filling for a veggie.
Sounds delightful,
Gotta try that one for sure. When you say whipped cream cheese, is that like a soft spreadable cheese in a jar? The terminology there compared to Oz can differ sometimes.

Last edited by Mitsa; 06-02-2012 at 09:58 PM..
Mitsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:33 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.