Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2012, 07:53 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Joplin Missouri Memorial 5k and marathon run

This is for Rosehip, my story of food and running.
I've been off the wagon from JUddd a few weeks---- pushing it probably a month...sorry embarrassed here, but truthful.
And have been over eating and need to get a handle on it again. But I'm not stressing about it. Today is a new day.
My last 5 k which was the tornado recovery run in Joplin.
I had been eating about 1,500-2000 each day.
The day before the run I ate terrible, big bowl of ice cream, banana, choc syrup before bed. But I wasn't over eating prior few days before run.
I work at home pretty hard most days, we have a hobby farm that came with a terrible house that we've made into a mansion! It's beautiful now.
Back to my run.
I ran my close to PR-best time that day!
My time I was very happy with 32:50 sec. Best part I finished without pain, I had all the air I needed, my knees did great!!
I was/still m on cloud nine about my run.
I hadn't ran prior probably for 2 weeks, due too life.. Grrr.
So when The gun was fired that day for the run to start. 3,000 runners was FUN!
I had in my head that I was going to enjoy this run with my hubby and friends. No stress to keep up, I just wanted to have no injurys, and get some exercise.
And I did great. ((((My own speed)))) And for a 56 year old, I was 4th. in 12 ladies to finish. My best part for me was I didn't have to walk!! 3.1 miles, feeling good!! I kept thinking man my knees feel great, man I have air! I kept steady pace. A few times thru the run was thanking God for helping me. To relax and just focus. It's important for me to run helps my head!
It was my favorite flat-ish corse, only one good incline. That's what I love. Flat ish course to run.
Leading up to the run. I had been going to the gym twice a week for yoga and Pilates, and lite wt lifting most those days.
I feel y/p gym helped me since I hadn't ran much this spring.
I hope relax and not push ur self to hard while eating JUddd woe. Dd calories were problem for me. When exercising Yes we have to push our selfs but not TO HARD.
My menu the day before my next 5k will include
another BANANA SPLIT, without guilt. smile!
Good luck to all run/walkers u can do it. Good running shoes are a must. I've gone through several pairs. Love running, love practicing
Today zero calories for me so far, it's only 9:30 am, tons of coffee.
I've missed the JUddd good head feeling, cool body temps. I'm on the WAGON TODAY AGAIN.
I'm 5'7 137lbs this am. Not bad for as bad as I have been eating. About 4 lbs to drop and I'll be a liter runner!!!! I love it!
Oh my sister in law is one of our running buds. She did her 5k run well that day as well. She ate bad the night before too. AND WE BOTH NEVER DO THAT BEFORE A RUN.
I ain't pushing my luck, back to JUddd I go. Today dd, goal 800 cal. Plan to wait and eat in early afternoon, 1pm, fingers crossed!
Terri
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2012, 10:08 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
WTG Ei!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:12 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Thank uuuu.
Rest ur knee.
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:22 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/147/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012
Loved your story of food and running! Thanks for sharing and Enjoy that next guilt free banana split and race!
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:33 AM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: RenoMom
Start Date: 4/29/13
Good job and congrats on you personal best.
RenoMom is offline   Reply With Quote