Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2012, 06:57 AM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
June Newbies post here

to JUDDD.

We hope you have all read WHAT IS JUDDD? COME INSIDE AND SEE!! and some of the other great Sticky threads at the top of the JUDDD board.

This thread is designed so that you should ask questions and get to know each other. Most of the JUDDD 'old timers' pop in to read and offer advice if they can.

Feel free to post all over the JUDDD board and begin your own posts too.

I hope some of the April Newbies will pop by to tell you their successes and offer their support too.

Enjoy the journey, and good luck.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2012, 10:39 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KelAly8894
Stats: 124/118/110
WOE: JUDDD 1500/500
Start Date: 5/29/2012
Thanks, Cindy. This is my first week. I've been stuck with Low Carb, and this WOE sounds so refreshing. I'm on my second DD today, and it's going much better than the first. So far, all I've had today is water and coffee with low cal cream. I think this has been easier for me than eating early in the day. I plan to have my one and only dinner this evening. I haven't weighed myself since starting. I thought it'd be better to wait a few days. I took a break between Low Carbing and this, so I've already seen that 5lb gain and managed to lose that before starting JUDDD. I'm having problems updating my profile. I'll have to work on that later this weekend. I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts. You have inspired me to give this WOE a try. I truly believe this is what I've been waiting for. I am 51 years old, menopausal, 5'6". I am about 8-10 pounds from my goal weight, so I'm willing to lose the weight slowly and then go into solid maintenance mode. I'm so excited to join this group and lend my support whenever I can !!!
KelAly8894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:46 AM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jabbok
I am starting juddd after doing several rounds of hcg but not being able to stabalize on P3 so after doing lots of reading on this board I will do juddd to lose the last 20 pounds and to maintain.
jabbok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:50 AM   #4

Lovely to have you here Cindy, from another Cindy x
Old 06-01-2012, 02:40 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimberino
Stats: 235/141 50 yo
WOE: Atkins/now JUDDD
Start Date: 3 '09 Atkins-3 '12 JUDDD
Welcome Kel - I am doing the same as you. Got stuck on Atkins for the last 10-15 lbs and came to JUDDD. I still somehow do moderate carbs, mostly due to what I choose to eat, not anything subconscious, and I've managed to lose 10 lbs since the end of March *must add that I also throw in a Big Mac and fries here and there as well . So, I think you'll find this WOE very satisfying. Good luck to you!

Welcome Cindy! Hope you find success here with JUDDD.

Kim

Last edited by kimberino; 06-01-2012 at 02:42 PM..
kimberino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:46 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: PhoebeHerself
Stats: 203.4/183.6/160
WOE: -17.8 lbs HCG/JUDDD is next
Start Date: February 2012

Like you all, I've done LC and HCG. 7ish years ago, I lost 35 lbs LCing. Then, I got pregnant, had two babies, and now that my baby is 3, decided that it was time to do something about these 40 lbs. I lost 17.8 with HCG and moved to JUDDD 4 days ago.

My first Up day was a UUAD :blush: as we went to an Hibachi restaurant and I ate my weight in fried rice. Lesson learned.

Thanks for this thread!
PhoebeHerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:56 PM   #7

Lesson learned, indeed, lol.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Groovia
Stats: 238/228/145
WOE: ??
Start Date: May 2012
Hi! I've been reading about JUDDD online for the past few days. I actually started HCG vlcd using patches on Monday and have been absolutely ravenous, so I started looking for something else. I'm not entirely sure how this is supposed to work. Should I get the Alternate Day Diet book, or can I find the info online? What's a UUAD?
Groovia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:09 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

UUAD = up up and away day. Basically, when you just totally blow it. Whoops!
Old 06-01-2012, 06:48 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovia View Post
Hi! I've been reading about JUDDD online for the past few days. I actually started HCG vlcd using patches on Monday and have been absolutely ravenous, so I started looking for something else. I'm not entirely sure how this is supposed to work. Should I get the Alternate Day Diet book, or can I find the info online? What's a UUAD?
Glad to have you join us!

Up at the top of this forum are several threads that are "stickied" because they contain important and helpful information on this wonderful way of life. One that should answer quite a few of your questions is WHAT IS JUDDD? COME INSIDE AND SEE!!

My suggestion to all newcomers is to read, read and read some more! Immerse yourself in the threads here and spend some time at the forum every day. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something you read or if it doesn't make sense.

I sincerely hope all the new folks find this as wonderful and positively life changing as I have.
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:32 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Welcome to all the newbies! Glad to see you jumping in, and doing so well.

Agree that you should read all you can, and then ask away on what needs clarifying.

I came to JUDDD with just a few pounds left to lose to goal, stalled after losing 20 pounds following a paleo woe. And to my surprise, lost almost nothing my first month (just 2 pounds--which did get me to my original goal, but I was hoping for more). Apparently, I had some internal healing that needed doing before my body was going to release the weight. I maintained (on purpose) for about 6 weeks, and then went back to wlm and lost 4 pounds in 2 weeks. I am now 5 pounds below my original goal, and have been maintaining since early April.

I share that to let you know that while JUDDD IS a weight loss plan, it is also SO much more. If you read (especially the NSV--non scale victories) thread, you will see example after example of these benefits--lowered blood pressure, improvement in allergies, less pain from arthritis, clothes that fit better (even when the scale hasn't changed), more JOY in life, and on and on and on.

Can't wait for all of you to begin sharing in that as well.
Old 06-02-2012, 04:27 AM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KelAly8894
Stats: 124/118/110
WOE: JUDDD 1500/500
Start Date: 5/29/2012
Thanks so much for your replies !!! I woke up this morning after my second DD and had lost 3.4lb. I even had a couple glasses of wine last night. If I'd been LCing, that would never have happened. I'm loving this so far. I know it's probably all water weight so far, but I'll take what I can get. So far I've been able to workout pretty intensely the morning of a DD before any of the fasting weakness (I get a little of that) sets in. I've been amazed at how the DD hasn't been as bad as I thought. When temptation settles in, I just try to stay busy doing something around the house or outside, plus I think of all of you other JUDDDers out there who are working hard to make it through a DD. You are all such an inspiration to me. What a wonderful group of ladies !!!
KelAly8894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:53 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for sharing that, Tina! I've read the NSV thread and it's just what I need. I have a gastrointestinal auto-immune disease and after so many rounds of yucky steroids, my body and metabolism are just so incredibly whacked that it doesn't know which side is up. I've tried Paleo and SCD and, while they made my gut feel better, I was still overweight. JUDDD, in addition to Paleo seems to be what I'm looking for. While I know my body and that it doesn't release quickly, there appears to be promise, KWIM? Feeling better + the possibility of gradual weight loss = excitement for me!
Old 06-02-2012, 07:39 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Welcome, everybody! Yup, read, read, read, and enjoy the trip. Fantastic group of supporters and converts here. I'm only six weeks in, but I LOVE ths. Even during the few hours on occasional struggly DDs when I don't like it, I love it.
Have a beautiful day. Let us know how it goes for you.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:44 AM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!

I started my dd on Monday and I am down 4.2 pounds but I am sure alot of it is water which is still ok, the dd are getting better as I found the shariaki noodles which I have made with lean ground beef and laughing cow cheese for supper.

Thanks for all the welcomes I am looking forward to losing weight and hanging out with you guys.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:26 AM   #16

Look at these great starts! June is going to be a great month I can tell.

KelAly, keeping busy on a DD is key, I am sure we all know the dangers of allowing ourselves to get bored, the Nibble Fairy is always watching for chance to grab us then.

Phoebe, I am so glad you looked at the NSV thread it is inspiring isn't it? I am sure you will find you body gradually healing with JUDDD.

I use the shiritake noodles a lot Cindy. They add bulk and texture and are great in stirfrys of all kinds.
Old 06-02-2012, 11:21 AM   #17
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Look at these great starts! June is going to be a great month I can tell.

KelAly, keeping busy on a DD is key, I am sure we all know the dangers of allowing ourselves to get bored, the Nibble Fairy is always watching for chance to grab us then.

Phoebe, I am so glad you looked at the NSV thread it is inspiring isn't it? I am sure you will find you body gradually healing with JUDDD.

I use the shiritake noodles a lot Cindy. They add bulk and texture and are great in stirfrys of all kinds.
I wasn't sure if I would like them because they smelled awful when I opened the bag but I made sure that I rinsed them off with hot water then I cooked them with the hamburger added in taco seasoning, the laughing cow cheese and some lettuce tasted just like a taco and very filling.
Old 06-02-2012, 03:11 PM   #18

I think once you get past the smell, (why ) they are so useful. I believe that in the States you can buy a 'riced' version of them, but I have done that by simply chopping them in a blender, then I have yet another base for meals.

Glad they are working for you Cindy.
Old 06-02-2012, 03:56 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Alania
Stats: 196/185/130
Start Date: September 2014
I started JUDDD on May 16th and have lost 8.4 pounds since then. I absolutely love this lifestyle. It is so freeing to not have to think about all of the foods I can't have anymore, because I can have any food I want if I just wait until my up day!

I am hoping that this WOE will help lower my BP, too.
Alania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 04:50 PM   #20
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I think once you get past the smell, (why ) they are so useful. I believe that in the States you can buy a 'riced' version of them, but I have done that by simply chopping them in a blender, then I have yet another base for meals.

Glad they are working for you Cindy.
I am in Canada, I haven't seen any of the riced version ones, I buy the angel hair ones and chop them up
Old 06-03-2012, 02:11 AM   #21
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: minimonkey
Stats: 5'0" -- very small frame
WOE: Clean eating, whole foods
Hi everyone! I am following these threads with interest, since I will be starting JUDDD when I come off my current (slightly rogue) round of HCG p2. I'll be doing the first three weeks low carb (no starch, no sugar) since that is the next phase of the hcg plan -- and then I may try adding a few more carbs in depending how it goes. I will stay sugar free and largely grain free, but would like to be able to eat fruit, sweet potatoes, and the occasional non-wheat grain, if my body will permit it.

At the moment I am dairy free too, but will try adding it back after I get off the current hcg round, and see if I can tolerate it.

I'm excited to get started with this! I can end the p2 any time after the 10th, but I may extend it depending how close I am to goal -- if I can hit goal, I will do that, and then do JUDDD for maintenance.

8/28:128.6 .... 10/7 118.4 ....10/20: 115.8
minimonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:58 AM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Sheridan's Helpful Hint For Newbies:

Dig out a pair of pants that you can't fit into that you've hidden in the back of your closet. If that's not possible, go to a thrift/charity shop and buy a pair of pants that are somewhat too small to get into. Try those pants on frequently, especially if you show no downward movement on the scale. You will almost certainly be amazed at the changes your body is making even though you may not see it documented on the scale. Pants are a much better tool to show progress than is the scale. As you are able to fit comfortably into the tight pants, go get another pair to use as a gauge.

Another thing is to go out and get a measuring tape and measure yourself right at the beginning and periodically retake those measurements. Very often you will find you're shrinking even though the scale doesn't.

Wishing you all every success for this wonderful, life-changing way of life!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:31 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetlilac
Stats: 235/235/140
Start Date: June 2012
Hi everyone I am new and going to try this woe. I hope i can get thru the DD. I have abt 100 lbs to lose, has anyone lost that much on this woe?
sweetlilac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:23 PM   #24

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlilac View Post
Hi everyone I am new and going to try this woe. I hope i can get thru the DD. I have abt 100 lbs to lose, has anyone lost that much on this woe?
There are a couple of us who have that much to lose and a couple who have lost that much. I started with over 100 to lose and have lost 63 as of this morning. Over 53 pounds of that has been with JUDDD.

KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:23 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Majella
Stats: 191/183/132
Start Date: June 2013
Hello everyone! I am not a newbie have been hanging around since last December. Though I'd join here for motivation for my restart I also want to say the health benefits are really good. My skin is so clear now and my muscle mass has increased as well! I didn't do much exercise on this plan so now my plan is to do more walking. There is a nice circle I can do where I live and it'll take me around 90 min to do it. Best of luck everyone!!!
Majella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:43 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cavegirl
Stats: 230/217/140
WOE: VLC/VLCD
Start Date: March 2014
Hi everyone.

I've not used LCF's for ages, not since my last bout of weight lost after DD no1. But after another two pregnancies, both with health complications that led to massive weight gain (including being wheelchair bound) i'm now keen to get rid of the 70lbs or so that i've gained.

I am very comfortable with LC and had success previously with mixing LC with the fast fast, which after reading up seems to have quite a few similarities JUDDD and carb cycling. However, psychologically, even though i feel great in ketosis and know that sugars are bad for me personally, i just feel deprived sometimes and want the sugary goodness. Which of course then makes me feel like a total failure!!

JUDDD as a way of eating though, seems to cater for this. Allowing more freedom so i'm wondering if on a psychological level it might be easier long term?

So i'm going to try a loosely paleo/low GI WOE with the alternate day JUDDD WOE and on UD's if i want the occasional cake then so bet it.

The only caveat is that my DD no 2 is 4 months and still exclusively breastfed so i'll need to up my cals some. I'm going to try UD2400 DD600 and see how i fare!

Wish me luck!!!
Old 06-03-2012, 02:47 PM   #27

Cavegirl, I am sure you will find way to work JUDDD, although I don't know of anyone of the board who is currently breastfeeding,

Pop in often and do post on the June Newbie thread.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:31 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: blotto76
Stats: 175.25/163/140
WOE: Atkins first time round, Dukan now
Start Date: 5 May 2008/restart 17 June 2013 (Dukan)
Hi all, popping in to mark my spot. I'm not new to JUDDD, but I'm recommitting as I've fallen off the wagon lately. I'm hoping June will be my month! :-)

x
blotto76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:13 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Buttercup204
Stats: 204/197/165
WOE: NK/JUDDD
Yay! Welcome everyone! I re-started 5/21 (did JUDDD briefly in '08 and '09) so I'm not new to JUDDD but I feel like I'm just starting out as I'm more committed than I've ever been!!! Btw, I've lost 11 lbs since 5/21. Yippee!!! Plus my asthma has already greatly improved. No other diet has done that for me!

Last edited by Buttercup204; 06-03-2012 at 11:14 PM..
Buttercup204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:47 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cavegirl
Stats: 230/217/140
WOE: VLC/VLCD
Start Date: March 2014
Quote:
Cavegirl, I am sure you will find way to work JUDDD, although I don't know of anyone of the board who is currently breastfeeding,

Pop in often and do post on the June Newbie thread.
Hi Kissa!

Oh yes, I will, thanks for the warm welcome.

Last time i lost weight, posting on LCF's really helped me stay on track so i'll certainly be here regularly!

I had a search around the JUDDD threads and there were a few on JUDDD and breast feeding. The general consensus being is that one needs to calculate the additional calorifc out put of nursing. Many on the momma's doing JUDDD and nursingwere starting at a DD of around 1000-1200 and then using trial and error to see how low they could go if necessary. Some ladies had reported losing teeth and hair from not getting enough nutricion so nursing mums do need to be careful! (on many weight loss plans not JUDDD specifically).

Having done VLC, fast fasting and carb cycling before whilst breast feeding I already know a DD as high as 1200 wouldn't work for my weight loss and i know that i can reduce calories considerably and still be healthy provided by DD are nutrient rich and that my UD contain lots of protein and fat to fill me up!

But anyway, i'll keep you posted! My hubs is doing this with me too (he put on "sympathy" weight hahaha) but it means i have that extra support! Yay!
Cavegirl is offline   Reply With Quote