Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2012, 10:30 AM   #241
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: corgimom
Stats: 145/135/128
WOE: 8 hour diet/limited carb
Start Date: 06/17/12 restart
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusrose63 View Post
Oh yeah, about the calories! I realized over the years my portions were getting larger, even if LC--no wonder my weight was so hard to control. So the counting calories for now has been really good for me to relearn. So happy to have you here, and look forward to your progress in your BMI, how your clothes fit, and on the scale!
Thanks! I have read many times that people who keep track of calories as a rule succeed in both weight loss and maintenance, but I always resisted because I wanted an easy button. But having a fat % that resembles that of bacon, I decided to just suck it up. This up and down plan allows me to indulge somewhat on up days, and I am exercising as well (another thing I resisted).

Kitty,garnet10 and watermelongirl -

Last edited by corgimom; 06-20-2012 at 10:32 AM..
corgimom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #242
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: garnet10
Stats: 182/Goal 125
WOE: hCG
Start Date: hCG 10/9/10; restarted 10/14/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
What are you eating on the DDs? Are you doing P2 foods and amounts? Or are you spreading your wings and doing other non-boring foods I find I can no longer do P2 because I hate the foods now. Maybe that is why I find myself doing the shakes on my DDs. Hmmm I have cucumbers from the garden, tomatoes from the garden and I have not touched them. I don't eat apples or grapefruit either. I always plan to, but never get around to it. I just saw where someone ate cottage cheese and strawberries---I might have that tomorrow. I loved it on P2 and would have that as my go to food. I do find that the DDs are very easy to do, so I am thankful to hcg for that at least!
Dawn, I was actually going to post that I could not look at 3.5 oz of chicken or steak one more day! I'm not a good cook, so my options were pretty boring. I actually have some 3.5 oz filet mignons sitting in my freezer, so now that I have so many more options on a DD, I think I'll experiment with cooking them.

For breakfast I have a protein shake with a handful of greens (spinach, kale, or celery), but now I can add in a Tbsp of almond butter. Or I can have Fage greek yogurt with frozen berries on a DD. For lunch I've been eating iceberg lettuce wraps with turkey breast or ham with cheese and mayo or mustard. It's so nice to add flavorful things I could not add with the hcg diet. For dinner I've been eating Kind bars but I think at some point I will have to defrost those steaks.

If you have home-grown cukes and tomatoes I hope you get to sample them! The beauty of this diet is the freedom on the down day. I've even had coffee with heavy cream on my DD's, watching the calorie intake. Such a pleasure!

I really hope this diet works for me, because I can live like this. I found that with the hcg protocol, the week before I was to start the VLCD again I would start binge eating to get in all the things I was going to miss out on (for the next 3 to 6 weeks). Now I don't have to "try to get it in" because I know I can sample something the next day if I wanted to.

It actually took me the first week to realize I didn't have to cram in all the things I enjoy on my up days, because I could eat them again in 2 days!

And it is true, DDs are a piece of cake for me because of hcg--I know I can do that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimonkey View Post
Welcome, Garnet, and everyone else whom I haven't met yet! I'm another former hcg-er hoping to find a better solution --hcg got me so far, but I never managed successful maintenance --

So far, I'm liking JUDDD pretty well -- I am doing it low carb.
Minimonkey, I hope this is the answer for maintenance as well! I hope we find success here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyWren View Post
Wow! I lose my internet connection for 12 hours and there is so much activity on here while i'm offline!

garnet10 and watermelongirl

I'm 12 days into JUDDD and loving it. As the other posters have said you can tailor the plan to your own needs and tastes. I'm keeping low carb on my UDs (because i personally feel better like that as i have had some internal issues) - around 25-30g and on my DDs feel fine with around 50g carbs. I'm losing nicely so far and feeling great.

Good luck!
Thanks, FairyWren, I'm hoping this is the lifelong plan for me.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:18 AM   #243
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kare30bear
Stats: 5' 3": 201(16/17)/137.4(5/6)/120(?)
WOE: LC/JUDDD (6/20/12)
Start Date: LC 3/7/11; restarted LC 4/30/12; JUDDD 6/20/12
Newbie coming from a LC lifestyle. Today is my first day, it's going to be an UD. 1788 calories, doing my JM Killer Buns & Thighs today (my thighs and butt already hurt from it on Mon).

Breakfast was CJ's Breakfast Pudding with Blueberries & a Cup of Coffee. 545 calories so far this morning.
kare30bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:04 PM   #244
dee
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dee
Stats: (HW196)188/181.4/145
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart Nov 26.13 (formerly HHCG 2 rounds)
HI all, I am new here. I started yesterday with an UP day while I was reading Dr. J's book. And today is my first DD. Not so bad so far probably b/c as an ex HHCG'r I am used to going without LOL. I do have a headache though. I was just finishing up a P3 R2 but my weight was not stablizing. I loosely followed EFGT during P3 but I kept getting lost with all the foods I needed to track and do the % on. I really liked the ladies over there though so I may still pop in there. I don't like cutting ties LOL. Plus I think I need the coconut oil so perhaps on my UP days? I thought maybe JUDD may be more my thing since I am used to the DDs already and I am going to 'try' to get by without counting cals on my UPs and hopefully that will work out. If it doesn't then I will just bite the bullet and count cals on my UPs too. My first goal is the 160s. I've already been in to the 170s but since I didn't stablize in P3 I guess I need to find something I can live with. JUDD seems very workable since when I am strict...I AM strict We will see.
dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:18 PM   #245
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Henush
Stats: 220
WOE: JUDDD/Fast-5
Start Date: Restart - September 2013
Hi Dee, and to all the newbies from another newbie... I've been 4 weeks on JUDDD.

Dee- You sound like you've got it all planned out, which is really key for this woe. I've just reached a full month on JUDDD, and really love it. I *so far* am not counting UDs, just making sure not to binge on them, and I'm seeing great results. For me, the freedom not to count is great and freeing, but I am very STRICT with my DDs...I only went over my 411 DD calorie limit once, and that was the dat TOM came to call Of course, different strokes for different folks, and you'll have to see how your body reacts.

Good luck!

Tova
Henush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:28 PM   #246
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee View Post
HI all, I am new here. I started yesterday with an UP day while I was reading Dr. J's book. And today is my first DD. Not so bad so far probably b/c as an ex HHCG'r I am used to going without LOL. I do have a headache though. I was just finishing up a P3 R2 but my weight was not stablizing. I loosely followed EFGT during P3 but I kept getting lost with all the foods I needed to track and do the % on. I really liked the ladies over there though so I may still pop in there. I don't like cutting ties LOL. Plus I think I need the coconut oil so perhaps on my UP days? I thought maybe JUDD may be more my thing since I am used to the DDs already and I am going to 'try' to get by without counting cals on my UPs and hopefully that will work out. If it doesn't then I will just bite the bullet and count cals on my UPs too. My first goal is the 160s. I've already been in to the 170s but since I didn't stablize in P3 I guess I need to find something I can live with. JUDD seems very workable since when I am strict...I AM strict We will see.
Oooh, you sound just like me I can follow rules, and good with them. But then when left to my own devices......crash and burn. So far this JUDDD has been excellent I am so good at P2 and P3 (well, until I started cheating on the last few rounds and couldn't get my head in the game ) when I reach P4---all hell breaks loose and well, I need another P2 real quick! So here I am.....JUDDD is fantastic!!! I am doing the same as you. Keeping to 500 calories on the DDs with not counting on my UDs. So far I have lost weight!! I am so excited because I have included carbs on my UDs and lost! Never happened in P4. You will love this too

I am wondering about the coconut oil as well. I really need it right now as I am sick with a cold and my body is fighting a virus. But I don't want to go over my DD calories. I am on the fence with slipping it in there today. I am not sure if I would count the calories or not. Hmmmm I definitely get it in on those UDs.

Today is my DD and I am trying to go for a mini steak day. I have already cooked the steak and have a garden tomato I am ready to tear into Drinking coffee right now to get me through. I am so used to it, so I am good with waiting all day to eat.

Good luck!!
Old 06-20-2012, 12:35 PM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: goose1
Stats: 229/193.2/166.4/140
WOE: lchf
Start Date: Jan 02/14
I just started today. I'm starting with a down day and I'll be doing down days on M W F with a medium day on Saturday. I'm going with the 30% weightloss mode for now. Up days are 1895 and Down days are 569. I'll see how that workds out for now. I just don't think I could go any lower right now, maybe after I've been doing it for awhile and gets some good low cal menu's on the go. Also I'm using the little or no exercise option. Even though I do walk most days.
goose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:04 PM   #248
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: minimonkey
Stats: 5'0" -- very small frame
WOE: Clean eating, whole foods
Up day, here! Started off with a power breakfast -- I'll eat as hunger dictates for the rest of the day.

I do think I may be losing a bit of fat, though I am still on hiatus from the scale -- my legs seems a bit leaner and my pants a little looser I think.

Planning to get in an upper body lifting workout today
minimonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:35 PM   #249

Quote:
Up day, here! Started off with a power breakfast -- I'll eat as hunger dictates for the rest of the day.

I do think I may be losing a bit of fat, though I am still on hiatus from the scale -- my legs seems a bit leaner and my pants a little looser I think.

Planning to get in an upper body lifting workout today
Mini--isn't it great to get back on track with working out? I love it!! I exercise as my schedule allows and I am loving getting back to it. I have missed it while on P2. I keep forgetting to add it back in on P4, but then again once I get to P4 I go right back to P2 so no chance to get back to it. Anyhow, I am enjoying the workouts!!

Yay for pants being looser

Last edited by dawnyama; 06-20-2012 at 01:36 PM..
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:00 PM   #250
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kitty135
Stats: 176/161/148
WOE: Hhcg,LC,JUDDD
Start Date: 10/11/11
FairyWren, that is so great that you are having good weight loss after only 12 days in. That's very encouragng to us beginners.

This is my second DD, and it has been pretty hard as I'm experiencing quite a bit of hunger, even more so than I ever had on P2. Does this hunger subside on the down days after awhile? I sure hope so.
kitty135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:40 PM   #251
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusrose63
Stats: 156/156/130 - 5'4", Age: 53
WOE: JUDDD 1900/800 or less if I can!
Start Date: JUDDD restart June 2014
Kitty, check out all the stickies for DD staples, food finds, DD recipes, etc. Tons of ideas to help keep your hunger at bay and sanity intact on the DD!
cactusrose63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:08 PM   #252
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heather
Stats: 175.8/168.6/cute
WOE: JUDDD 1658/332
Start Date: Restart 6/27/14 - Loss: 7.2 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty135 View Post
This is my second DD, and it has been pretty hard as I'm experiencing quite a bit of hunger, even more so than I ever had on P2. Does this hunger subside on the down days after awhile? I sure hope so.
Hi Kitty - I'm on my 8th DD and they have gotten progressively easier. I've read longtimers say they become much easier. You'll find what works and what doesn't. Some fast on water, saying food makes them more hungry. On my hardest day, I'd eaten 500 calories of processed food and veggies and canned broth and I just got hungrier. Now I do watermelon and water and I'm not hungry. So experiment. Just don't want you to get discouraged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goose1 View Post
I just started today. I'm starting with a down day and I'll be doing down days on M W F with a medium day on Saturday. I'm going with the 30% weightloss mode for now. Up days are 1895 and Down days are 569. I'll see how that workds out for now. I just don't think I could go any lower right now, maybe after I've been doing it for awhile and gets some good low cal menu's on the go. Also I'm using the little or no exercise option. Even though I do walk most days.
Hi Goose1 - Hope you didn't get too hungry today. People usually start with an UD so they're well fueled to endure their first DD. But since you did 569 you may be okay. Hope so! And

Average loss a day: .26 lb
Average loss a week: 1.8 lb
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:36 PM   #253
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amlyjo
Stats: 332/310/175
WOE: LC-HF-MP
Start Date: June 2013
Wow, lots of newbies! Welcome from another newbie! I started on Friday and have lost almost 3 pounds as of this mornings weigh in. I can't wait to see what my one month losses are!! The DDs are hard at first but I think it will get easier.

I wish you all the best on your new journey!!
amlyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:39 PM   #254
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
OMG

I have just talked to my hubs about JUDDD, just letting him know what I was doing next, and why. He does all the grocery shopping, and is super considerate and supportive. So I was explaining it, the short version, and he is considering doing it with me. NOTHING else has struck him like this. I read parts of the book to him. He says, "That sounds doable" and I am in shock. I don't want to get my hopes up. oh please! that would be so nice to be on something together! I can't even imagine that.

HCG Rx to lose - JUDDD to maintain
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:18 PM   #255
Big Yapper!!!!

C'Marie! That would be wonderful to have him on board with you!!! I really hope that happens.

My sweetie is on a concerted plan to gain weight right now (he had gotten WAY too skinny!) so I am feeding him non-stop -- it's finally starting to work, thank goodness. A 6-foot-tall man does NOT look good at 140 lbs! He has the craziest metabolism -- he's really quite sedentary, due to being largely disabled -- but he burns through calories like nobody's business.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:22 PM   #256
Big Yapper!!!!

I had an excellent, hard upper body workout with weights today, and enjoyed the heck out of my up-day, post workout meal. Protein, fat, and more of the same -- YUM! (Big juicy burger with cheese, mushrooms, a bit of avocado -- oh, heaven!)

I have had two hard workout days in a row, now, so tomorrow is a down day, and a rest day. I definitely prefer the lifting days to be up days, at least for now. Lifting makes me truly hungry!

Still no scale for me-- it feels good to be focusing on fitness and health goals, and not stressing the scale right now. I do suspect I will start weighing soon though, just so I know what is happening on that front.

8/28:128.6 .... 10/7 118.4 ....10/20: 115.8
Old 06-21-2012, 12:24 AM   #257
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skyesmom2002
Stats: 194/167/154
WOE: Trim Healthy Mama
Wow, I don't even know where to begin on welcomes! ALL !

I had a horrible day . My 17 year old son got in a car accident, more like a bad fender bender. He and all of the boys were ok (they were driving to wrestling camp).The lady he hit was difficult (to put it nicely).

It was a good thing I had to be on the road to the Bay Area to take care of the car and of course to just hug my boy. Otherwise I would have done a face plant into my fridge. I just wanted to eat. I have to do some work on that kind of emotional eating, it clearly is a problem. Good thing it was an UD!

My Journal- Getting Real With Myself
skyesmom2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:04 AM   #258
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KelAly8894
Stats: 124/118/110
WOE: JUDDD 1500/500
Start Date: 5/29/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyesmom2002 View Post

I had a horrible day . My 17 year old son got in a car accident, more like a bad fender bender. He and all of the boys were ok (they were driving to wrestling camp).The lady he hit was difficult (to put it nicely).

It was a good thing I had to be on the road to the Bay Area to take care of the car and of course to just hug my boy. Otherwise I would have done a face plant into my fridge. I just wanted to eat. I have to do some work on that kind of emotional eating, it clearly is a problem. Good thing it was an UD!
So sorry to hear about the accident, but so GLAD everyone is okay. Your "face plant into the fridge" is hysterical !!! My daughter drove 8 hours with her high school friends to Myrtle Beach. I will be praying hard on Saturday that they make it back okay. We never stop worrying....that's for sure.
KelAly8894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:09 AM   #259
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kitty135
Stats: 176/161/148
WOE: Hhcg,LC,JUDDD
Start Date: 10/11/11
Thanks for the tip, cactusrose, I'll check out those stickies!

And, Heather, appreciate the feedback. I think I want to try the watermelon. I might even do the apple day thing, reminiscent of my hcg days.

Cactus and Heather: Are you seeing results yet?
kitty135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:53 AM   #260
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusrose63
Stats: 156/156/130 - 5'4", Age: 53
WOE: JUDDD 1900/800 or less if I can!
Start Date: JUDDD restart June 2014
Quote:
Thanks for the tip, cactusrose, I'll check out those stickies!

And, Heather, appreciate the feedback. I think I want to try the watermelon. I might even do the apple day thing, reminiscent of my hcg days.

Depending on the day, only 5-8 pounds down, but lots of inches. Clothes are fitting loosely that I could barely get over my hips 7 weeks ago. That's why I really advise tracking measurements. Very happy with results so far.
cactusrose63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:52 PM   #261

Quote:
FairyWren, that is so great that you are having good weight loss after only 12 days in. That's very encouragng to us beginners.

My experience with hcg has me flying right through the DDs with NO issues whatsoever. I just watched "The Revolution" on ABC today and the guest was Bob Harper. The Biggest Loser trainer. He wrote a book and they were going over tips for getting skinny. One of the tips--go to bed hungry. Well, easy enough for me Did that many a nights on P2 But seriously he said that makes you ready for breakfast. Not sure the logic in that, but that is the reason he gives. Anyway, I am sure you will get used to the DDs soon enough. I drink coffee and tea to make my tummy full, just as I have done on the hcg protocol.
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:38 PM   #262
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/136/124 5'3"
WOE: LC JUDDD
Quote:
Hi kitty, i'm just finishing my 2nd week and on a DD - i really haven't felt hungry at all today, the hunger has gradually got less the more DDs i've done. It's weird because i'm always hungrier on an UD.

Hi to the other newcomers and
FairyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:57 PM   #263
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heather
Stats: 175.8/168.6/cute
WOE: JUDDD 1658/332
Start Date: Restart 6/27/14 - Loss: 7.2 lbs
Quote:

Kitty - Yes, thanks for asking. I've lost 4.2 lbs in 2 weeks which is the speed of light for me. It took me the whole year of 2011 to lose 7 pounds on a "sensible" 1,200 calorie diet and I lost 0 pounds after that on 6 weeks of lc. After that miserable experience I sat down and cried for the first time in my life over weight because I thought I had no where else to turn except to fasting the weight off.

Doing a search for safe fasting I found JUDDD. So I absolutely love, love, love JUDDD since I'm losing and EATING SO MUCH. I feel like I've died and gone to heaven's banquet on UDs. I have total respect for JUDDD and so never go over my UD or 500 DD calories. I walk 4 to 5 miles a day and do light weights 3X a week. I'm very determined to get to maintenance and do JUDDD for life. I really it.

Are you sorry you asked? I have a hard time giving short answers (like Cactusrose).

P.S. - Like Cactusrose, love how clothes are getting SO loose. I expect the scale to slow down a lot! But would be thrilled to lose 1 lb a week since my metabolism is so slow.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:12 PM   #264
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skyesmom2002
Stats: 194/167/154
WOE: Trim Healthy Mama
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelAly8894 View Post
So sorry to hear about the accident, but so GLAD everyone is okay. Your "face plant into the fridge" is hysterical !!! My daughter drove 8 hours with her high school friends to Myrtle Beach. I will be praying hard on Saturday that they make it back okay. We never stop worrying....that's for sure.
I hear you. It is hard being a parent . But worth it! Hope your daughter has fun and gets home safely.
skyesmom2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:22 PM   #265

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyesmom2002 View Post

What a terrible day, so glad no one was seriously hurt. Just look after your son and yourself for the time being. JUDDD will be here for you.

Well..................... Moving on..........................

This thread started SLLLLLOOOOWWWWLLLYYY. I thought to myself maybe a monthly Newbies thread isn't needed.

Wow was I wrong. I take a couple of days off for 'real life' and you all go mad.................

Thank you all for giving JUDDD a chance and to you Newbies.

I am not going to try to name you all but, whether you come from HCG, Low Carb or any other eating plan, I know that you are going to just LOVE this.

Visit the threads often, ask lots of questions and dig into the joy of JUDDD.

I am sorry if I haven't answered all your queries just now but, over time, we will get to know each other and be of help I know. In the meantime, your new JUDDD BUDDDs are here offering support. Enjoy your new experience,

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:12 PM   #266
dee
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dee
Stats: (HW196)188/181.4/145
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart Nov 26.13 (formerly HHCG 2 rounds)
2nd DD coming up tomorrow and......I admit it. I'm a little scared. On HCG when you cheat....you put on weight and it takes days to come back down and start losing again. I cheated once in R1. And wow. Did that hurt. I learned quickly to never do that again. It's that very mentality that has me brainwashed. Yes I know I will likely gain a couple of lbs tomorrow. Why am I so apprehensive? I know I could just skip weighing tomorrow but I know myself. I will do it. Ugh. Newbie anxiety is a downer.
dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:18 PM   #267
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
The only thing you have to do on JUDDD is track the calories and stay within your numbers. There is really no way to "cheat" since you are allowed to eat whatever you want to as long as you count the calories. I know the cheat mindset is ingrained in many of us and it does take awhile to get over it.
I am one that weighs daily and tracks the bounces. I can now (after 5 months) pretty much guess what I will weigh on any given morning based on my past weighins.
Patience and enjoy because JUDDD is a pleasant trip.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/148/139 JUDDD 01/08/12
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:28 PM   #268
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kare30bear
Stats: 5' 3": 201(16/17)/137.4(5/6)/120(?)
WOE: LC/JUDDD (6/20/12)
Start Date: LC 3/7/11; restarted LC 4/30/12; JUDDD 6/20/12
I am LOVING this so far!!!

I did a 24 on 24 off fasting a couple days one week to see if I could handle the fasting period... so JUDDD just seemed like something I could really do well on.

I did my first UD yesterday and first DD today and stayed within my calories provided by the calculator and I have SO much energy and happiness flowing through me today. First off, I woke up 2 lbs lighter after my UD this morning (a new all time low since I restarted LC this past April) so that MADE my morning. But I honestly feel like I am more in control of my food and I enjoy eating fruits and nuts now.

It's only been 2 days, but if this is how it will be from now on I can seriously see myself eating like this for life. You JUDDDers were NOT joking when you praised this WOE!! I actually feel "lighter" too.
kare30bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:24 PM   #269
Big Yapper!!!!

Skyesmom

So glad no one was seriously injured in the car accident! Also glad you didn't dive head first into comfort food, since I'm sure you feel better about yourself on that account.

Karebear -- welcome! I'm a newbie too -- seems a lot of people like this WOE quite a lot.

I woke up starving today -- two hardcore workouts back to back, and my body was screaming for nourishment this morning-- on what was supposed to be a down day. I decided after a few hours of nagging hunger to make it an up day instead, and to do my best to do it without any guilt, too -- just accept that I made a decision, eat nourishing foods, and go to a down day tomorrow.

So, I am well fed, much recovered from the muscle work, and ready to do a down day tomorrow. Yes, I know that it isn't recommended to do that in the first two weeks, and it isn't the plan as such ... but I also know that when I am that hungry (physical, not mental hunger) that it tends to make my post-workout recovery twice as long if I override the urge to eat ... so I did what I thought was best.

Tomorrow is another rest day from exercise, and I think I will do fine with the down day, having eaten well and plentifully today -- but I hope this isn't an ongoing thing. I tend to run into problems enforcing even moderate caloric restriction when I am training -- but I also know that there are plenty of bodybuilders who do caloric zig-zagging, or intermittent fasting, and who do really well with it... so I am hopeful that it is just a matter of my body adapting.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:13 AM   #270
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/136/124 5'3"
WOE: LC JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kare30bear View Post
I am LOVING this so far!!!

I did my first UD yesterday and first DD today and stayed within my calories provided by the calculator and I have SO much energy and happiness flowing through me today. First off, I woke up 2 lbs lighter after my UD this morning (a new all time low since I restarted LC this past April) so that MADE my morning. But I honestly feel like I am more in control of my food and I enjoy eating fruits and nuts now.
Yes it really is amazing isn't it

Quote:
I woke up starving today -- two hardcore workouts back to back, and my body was screaming for nourishment this morning-- on what was supposed to be a down day. I decided after a few hours of nagging hunger to make it an up day instead, and to do my best to do it without any guilt, too -- just accept that I made a decision, eat nourishing foods, and go to a down day tomorrow.
Sounds like a good descision mini and as you say you were able to make that descision guilt free knowing that you could get right back into that DD tomorrow.
FairyWren is offline   Reply With Quote