Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2012, 09:53 PM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NonnyK
Stats: 5" 1' Goal 130-- My Fitness Pal Username: NonnyK
WOE: JUDDDer
Start Date: 06/7/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty135 View Post
Today is my first DD. I'm really hoping this is the plan I've been looking for. Everyone's words are so inspiring and encouraging. Thanks to all for taking the time to post to this thread.
You can do it Kitty!
NonnyK is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2012, 11:24 PM   #212
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skyesmom2002
Stats: 194/167/154
WOE: Trim Healthy Mama
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamson_ja View Post
I'm just starting. My first DD will be tomorrow. I went to the store and picked up a bunch of stuff that should help me get through. Wish me luck. I' m hoping to see a couple of pounds lost this first week. I've been having a hard time with the last couple of pounds and I just can't seem to lose anything lately. I've noticed that this forum is super friendly and very positive. I really like that!
Welcome and best of luck to you. You won't need it though, because this plan is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabrioluvr View Post
I'm going to try JUDD too. I have struggled with menopause symptoms for the past couple of years - and on low carb
(high fat) I just have nonstop hot flashes!! And I'm finding that low carb (after 12 plus years) is not taking off the weight like it used to (coupled with my age I'm sure!).
Glad you have found this WOE! I think you will it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonnyK View Post
Hello all!! I just finished my first week of JUDDD. I am happy to say that I lost 2.2 lbs.! I am so very excited!!
Good job on your loss!

Quote:
Today is my first DD. I'm really hoping this is the plan I've been looking for. Everyone's words are so inspiring and encouraging. Thanks to all for taking the time to post to this thread.
This is a great group ALL!
skyesmom2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:35 PM   #213
Senior LCF Member

I don't know why I say that I'm not going to weigh myself. Because I always do anyways. I thought it would be good for me to see the damage from my 2 high UD in a row(Friday and Saturday). Well I lost .3 . I'll take it and just be more careful next weekend. I had a good UD and kickboxing. Night everyone.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:30 AM   #214
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: minimonkey
Stats: 5'0" -- very small frame
WOE: Clean eating, whole foods
This thread is so motivating!!! Great job, everyone!

My up day today was definitely a lot less hungry than the last ones have been -- I had to make a concerted effort to eat all my up day calories, which is a wonderful change after being so ravenously hungry after hcg. I hope this is the beginning of the appetite suppression that everyone talks about.

I still haven't weighed, and I don't think I will for another week or so -- but I'm liking the plan so far -- tomorrow is another workout day, and a down day, so I think I will save some of my calories for a post-workout snack.

8/28:128.6 .... 10/7 118.4 ....10/20: 115.8
minimonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:01 AM   #215
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Tanya! That is wonderful news! Those little sirtuin thingies are really starting to do their dance inside of you (Happy Dance).

Mimi, as I have read your posts, while you were fighting with hunger, I have been betting you are going to end up being one of the ones who struggle to eat enough on UD. I spent March and April accidentally finding ways to eat too little (fix a proper UD meal, get busy and fail to notice I never ate it ....). Have fun!

Kitty, how did you feel this morning? Starving? Or, food? what is that?

Last edited by gotsomeold; 06-19-2012 at 03:02 AM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:03 AM   #216
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/136/124 5'3"
WOE: LC JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimonkey View Post
This thread is so motivating!!! Great job, everyone!
I'll second that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimonkey View Post
My up day today was definitely a lot less hungry than the last ones have been -- I had to make a concerted effort to eat all my up day calories, which is a wonderful change after being so ravenously hungry after hcg.
Yup! I had a target of 1936 cals yesterday but only made 1700, i didn't eat my snack, i just wasn't hungry - i never, ever thought i would hear myself say that

Just hope i ate enough yesterday to keep me going through my DD today?!

Evie
FairyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:06 AM   #217
Senior LCF Member

And kitty! How do you feel after your first DD - isn't it great to now be on an UD?!
Old 06-19-2012, 07:32 AM   #218
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kitty135
Stats: 176/161/148
WOE: Hhcg,LC,JUDDD
Start Date: 10/11/11
Thanks everyone for the welcoming. Feeling pretty good this morning, just having my coffee, but with cream today. And, yes, it is nice to know I have the freedom to eat today. I just came off hhcg, so I'm pretty used to this empty feeling in the mornings. Looking forward to eggs and toast later this morning.
kitty135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:00 AM   #219
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Henush
Stats: 220
WOE: JUDDD/Fast-5
Start Date: Restart - September 2013
On Saturday we ate out and I wore a suit I haven't worn for over a year! Like someone else once posted, the clothes don't lie.

I've been doing JUDDD for 3+ weeks now, and the moment I've been dreading has passed...TOM showed up. I always get major cravings/hunger the first day or two. So my planned Sun DD did get hijacked from 400 to around 700 calories, but that's still less than my 35%, so I know I didn't blow it. Yesterday's UD was fine, and by today I'm back to normal craving-wise. And the plan goes on, no beating myself up about it. Just won't go near the scale for the next week or so...I can't stand watching her bounce
Henush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:43 AM   #220
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: corgimom
Stats: 142/140/125
WOE: LC
Start Date: 09/02/2014
Wow, there is so much inspiration here since I last visited! I have been doing good with up/down days this time. Before a decided to do this WOE again, I made a rule for myself that I would diligently track my calories and activity. Also protein, fat, carbs and fiber. It is really helping me to log everything I eat and drink. I wear a little gizmo called Easy Fit that records my activity level. Keeping track (which was something I just hated/avoided doing in the past) is really helping me.

I've also managed to stay off the scale the last couple of days and just pay attention to how my body feels.
corgimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:04 AM   #221
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusrose63
Stats: 156/156/130 - 5'4", Age: 53
WOE: JUDDD 1900/800 or less if I can!
Start Date: JUDDD restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgimom View Post
Wow, there is so much inspiration here since I last visited! I have been doing good with up/down days this time. Before a decided to do this WOE again, I made a rule for myself that I would diligently track my calories and activity. Also protein, fat, carbs and fiber. It is really helping me to log everything I eat and drink. I wear a little gizmo called Easy Fit that records my activity level. Keeping track (which was something I just hated/avoided doing in the past) is really helping me.

I've also managed to stay off the scale the last couple of days and just pay attention to how my body feels.
Glad you are here Corgimom! I have really been trying to focus on how I feel too. I mean, sure, I can--if I want, have ANYTHING on my UD. But how do I feel afterwards? So I have been making choices that make me feel good, not too much sugar, but thoroughly enjoying veggies and fruit. Protein keeps me filled up and not starving, I like that feeling. Finally focusing on ME instead of obsessing about food. Loving this WOE.
cactusrose63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:53 AM   #222
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: corgimom
Stats: 142/140/125
WOE: LC
Start Date: 09/02/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusrose63 View Post
Glad you are here Corgimom! I have really been trying to focus on how I feel too. I mean, sure, I can--if I want, have ANYTHING on my UD. But how do I feel afterwards? So I have been making choices that make me feel good, not too much sugar, but thoroughly enjoying veggies and fruit. Protein keeps me filled up and not starving, I like that feeling. Finally focusing on ME instead of obsessing about food. Loving this WOE.
Great perspective! I am concentrating on getting enough protein (and fiber), it seems that it's important when working on my whopping body fat percentage. My BMI is at the max for normal, and my weight is within the parameters for my height and age. But that body fat (35.9%!)-OUCH. I calculated it because I just know that when I was younger 140 carried a smaller size than it does now. And that no matter how high my weight was, my tummy and waist did not store fat. I don't miss TOM, but dealing with with different hormones and such is a challenge. I am also upping fruits and veggies (low cal, fiber, all of that). And all that eating out we've been doing..huge cutback there after I checked out the nutrition/calories of some of our favorite restaurants. Holy Toledo, what an eye-opener.
corgimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:37 PM   #223
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
How quickly the sirtuin thing builds up is highly individual. Some of us are there in about two weeks. Some have taken two months to really 'feel' the burn. (Fortunately, weight loss begins long before the SIRs finish accumulating - no one get demotivated hearing this.)

The interesting thing is, when it hits, frequently it really hits - many of us can tell exactly when the magic really settled in and started doing it's thing. My weight loss rate doubled from Wednesday in my fourth week JUDDDING. And all the lovely NSVs started happening.
Thank you for your post I cannot wait for things to start happening to me. I have the weight loss happening, but want the other stuff too
dawnyama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:40 PM   #224

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
What a lovely, happy, busy thread this has become. I love to see that.

to the newcomers, I love how prepared you all seem to be.

Looking forward to getting to get to know you.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #225
Big Yapper!!!!

Tova, Dawn -- CONGRATULATIONS on the losses! Congrats to us all for doing so well!

Gotsomeold -- well, I surely hope you are right about me eventually struggling to eat my up day calories regularly -- time will tell I suppose.

Down day today, and I was really hungry when I woke up -- I ate 400 of my 500 calories in my waking meal, and am saving some veggie calories for after my workout.

I'm puffy and retaining a lot of water today, which I don't love -- but I know it is water retention (darn hormones) so I won't freak about it. Working out will definitely make me feel better. I will also chug water all day.

Still no scale for me -- as long as I am keeping to the rotations, I see no reason to bother weighing right now. I will start instituting calorie control on the up days tomorrow, and after a week or so of that, I will probably get on the scale every once in a while.

This is a lifestyle change, and I am prepared to roll with the fluctuations for a while. I am trying to look at this in the big picture -- I could not continue to cycle on and off (mostly in) p2 forever, and it had really begun to backfire for me -- so this is going the right direction. I am glad I am doing it low carb though, at least for now.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:43 PM   #226
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: garnet10
Stats: 182/Goal 125
WOE: hCG
Start Date: hCG 10/9/10; restarted 10/14/13
I am new to JUDDD--I lost 52 pounds following Dr. Simeons' hCG protocol, but have been unable to lose the last 10. I restarted the very low calorie diet three times in the last 2 months, but was unable to get past the first few days. Odd, because I had done it so many times before. I just started to feel very fatigued and light-headed these last few times.

JUDDD interests me as a way of life, because I need to think about my food on a daily basis, and I feel like this will keep it real for me.

It's also nice knowing I really can eat something I want the next day! It certainly makes life in general easier.

However, since I am so used to seeing weight fly off on the hCG diet, the lack of weight loss since the initial drop of 3 pounds (sort of the way I'd lose weight on a "correction day" with hCG) 2 weeks ago is a bit discouraging.

Hoping to see the scale move again soon!
Old 06-19-2012, 05:44 PM   #227

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet10 View Post
I am new to JUDDD--I lost 52 pounds following Dr. Simeons' hCG protocol, but have been unable to lose the last 10. I restarted the very low calorie diet three times in the last 2 months, but was unable to get past the first few days. Odd, because I had done it so many times before. I just started to feel very fatigued and light-headed these last few times.

JUDDD interests me as a way of life, because I need to think about my food on a daily basis, and I feel like this will keep it real for me.

It's also nice knowing I really can eat something I want the next day! It certainly makes life in general easier.

However, since I am so used to seeing weight fly off on the hCG diet, the lack of weight loss since the initial drop of 3 pounds (sort of the way I'd lose weight on a "correction day" with hCG) 2 weeks ago is a bit discouraging.

Hoping to see the scale move again soon!

Nice to see you over here!! I do hope you see the scale move again real soon.
dawnyama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:29 PM   #228
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: garnet10
Stats: 182/Goal 125
WOE: hCG
Start Date: hCG 10/9/10; restarted 10/14/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
Nice to see you over here!! I do hope you see the scale move again real soon.
Hi Dawn! Nice to see you! It has been interesting to see so many hcg'ers here. I really do hope the scale moves again!
garnet10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:56 PM   #229
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: watermelongirl
Stats: 186/177/150
WOE: Atkins + Body Revolution
Start Date: May 23, 2012
I just recently switched to JUDDD from Atkins Induction. The past few days, I've simply gone by calorie count rather than trying to go LC as well.

Does anyone have opinions about keeping things LC as opposed to eating whatever?

Does anyone do LC only on down days?
watermelongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:18 PM   #230

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet10 View Post
Hi Dawn! Nice to see you! It has been interesting to see so many hcg'ers here. I really do hope the scale moves again!
What are you eating on the DDs? Are you doing P2 foods and amounts? Or are you spreading your wings and doing other non-boring foods I find I can no longer do P2 because I hate the foods now. Maybe that is why I find myself doing the shakes on my DDs. Hmmm I have cucumbers from the garden, tomatoes from the garden and I have not touched them. I don't eat apples or grapefruit either. I always plan to, but never get around to it. I just saw where someone ate cottage cheese and strawberries---I might have that tomorrow. I loved it on P2 and would have that as my go to food. I do find that the DDs are very easy to do, so I am thankful to hcg for that at least!
Old 06-19-2012, 07:57 PM   #231
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kitty135
Stats: 176/161/148
WOE: Hhcg,LC,JUDDD
Start Date: 10/11/11
Today was my first UD. I feel like I am eating so much more than I should be, even though I am well under my calories. It's so hard to believe that this really does work. Did anyone else feel this way? Is it ok to be several hundred calories below your maximum on the UDs?
kitty135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:00 PM   #232
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by corgimom View Post
Great perspective! I am concentrating on getting enough protein (and fiber), it seems that it's important when working on my whopping body fat percentage. My BMI is at the max for normal, and my weight is within the parameters for my height and age. But that body fat (35.9%!)-OUCH. I calculated it because I just know that when I was younger 140 carried a smaller size than it does now. And that no matter how high my weight was, my tummy and waist did not store fat. I don't miss TOM, but dealing with with different hormones and such is a challenge. I am also upping fruits and veggies (low cal, fiber, all of that). And all that eating out we've been doing..huge cutback there after I checked out the nutrition/calories of some of our favorite restaurants. Holy Toledo, what an eye-opener.
Oh yeah, about the calories! I realized over the years my portions were getting larger, even if LC--no wonder my weight was so hard to control. So the counting calories for now has been really good for me to relearn. So happy to have you here, and look forward to your progress in your BMI, how your clothes fit, and on the scale!
Old 06-19-2012, 09:29 PM   #233
Senior LCF Member

This thread is hoppin today! Sounds like everyone is doing well. I'm not feeling great today. So I chose to eat a little higher than my normal 500 DD. I just felt too shaky. KUTGW everyone
Old 06-19-2012, 09:45 PM   #234
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Today was my first UD. I feel like I am eating so much more than I should be, even though I am well under my calories. It's so hard to believe that this really does work. Did anyone else feel this way? Is it ok to be several hundred calories below your maximum on the UDs?
Kitty, it's best to be right around your calculated #s. The fluctuation between the calorie levels each day is what keeps your metabolism going is how I understand it. This causes the weight loss. And keeps your sanity more on the following DD. This I why I am tracking what I eat until I know almost instinctively that I am on track daily. I suggest you just give it a try for a month before you try to tweek the guidelines. And in the meantime, enjoy your extra calories!
Old 06-19-2012, 10:39 PM   #235
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heather
Stats: 175.8/152.6/145-150
WOE: JUDDD/Potato Hack
Start Date: Restart 6/27/14 - Loss: 23.2 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by watermelongirl View Post
I just recently switched to JUDDD from Atkins Induction. The past few days, I've simply gone by calorie count rather than trying to go LC as well.

Does anyone have opinions about keeping things LC as opposed to eating whatever?

Does anyone do LC only on down days?
Watermelongirl. Gosh - so many Newbies coming in so fast! I feel like Lucy in the chocolate factory, they're coming so fast, can't keep up.

Anywho - I'm an Atkins refugee too. I started 2 weeks ago and like you, simply went by calorie count rather than lc. I think you'll get a unanimous opinion that you should keep things lc or eat whatever you choose. Some coming from lc stay that way and others slowly start adding carbs in as they feel comfortable. Go by how your body is feeling. I noticed very quickly that I started feeling relaxed and free about sensing (sort of like intuitive eating) what my body needed. Does it feel like it needs a fruit? Protein? A salad? A bagel with peanut butter? The freedom of choice (with a calorie limit) is very liberating. You will love it!

Yes, I'm sure some do only lc on DD's. Do it and see how YOU feel if you want to. Example: I did 4 shakes on first DD. Next day, I could tell my system felt clogged. Then I did protein patties and salad next DD - too much salt and preservatives. Last DD did whole day of watermelon, celery and water - felt great, so clean. Yes Watermelongirl - that's one of my go to foods now on DDs - WATERMELON - your Avatar. So see what "feels" best for your body. We've all been so use to big RULES and JUDDD is so simple - it takes getting use to the freedom and trusting yourself as to what's the right food for your body. If you want to, post on the weigh in thread for June so people can get to know you. Good luck - YOU'LL LOVE JUDDD I'll look for you. I just get so excited for Newbies!

Window of 145-150 goal: Only 2.6 lbs. to go.

Last edited by Heather; 06-19-2012 at 11:34 PM..
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:15 PM   #236
Big Yapper!!!!

Skyesmom -- I also went about 100 calories over my 500 dd limit -- I did a killer workout and was ravenous after -- but I went in for a big salad with a little eggplant hummus, so I doubt that will hurt me much.

I'm keeping tomorrow well under wraps for the ud calories, so that should also help things along from here. I think on workout dd's I will need to workout fasted and eat after -- or risk going over on calories
Old 06-19-2012, 11:30 PM   #237
Big Yapper!!!!

Welcome, Garnet, and everyone else whom I haven't met yet! I'm another former hcg-er hoping to find a better solution --hcg got me so far, but I never managed successful maintenance --

So far, I'm liking JUDDD pretty well -- I am doing it low carb.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:21 AM   #238
Senior LCF Member

Wow! I lose my internet connection for 12 hours and there is so much activity on here while i'm offline!

garnet10 and watermelongirl

I'm 12 days into JUDDD and loving it. As the other posters have said you can tailor the plan to your own needs and tastes. I'm keeping low carb on my UDs (because i personally feel better like that as i have had some internal issues) - around 25-30g and on my DDs feel fine with around 50g carbs. I'm losing nicely so far and feeling great.

Good luck!
Old 06-20-2012, 03:00 AM   #239
Big Yapper!!!!

Fairywren -- I also just plain feel better with lower carbs, though I do plan to experiment with that once I am at goal.

I generally keep to about 40 grams a day, maximum. I'm not too much of a meat eater, though, so I go a bit higher than induction levels fairly often.

I think I am going to have to do my workouts on down days fasted, and eat after -- I tend to get really hungry about an hour after working out I worked out pretty hard today, and have been hungry all evening -- the salad definitely killed the worst of that, but I think I would do better having my calories after I hit the gym -- I can work out fasted pretty well, as long as I am not in a state of constant caloric restriction.

I'll be looking forward to breakfast, though I do have to say that my energy level today was pretty good, and I hope that continues.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:59 AM   #240
Senior LCF Member

Yes i'll probably up the carbs a wee bit as i go along - i love fruit (especially strawberries and blueberries), nuts and veg and also fancy some dark choc now and again. I plan to take it slowly.

Do you work out everyday? I'm thinking of starting the Couch to 5k running plan in the not too distant future but wasn't sure if it would be better to do the runs on an UD or a DD.

Yes, energy levels good here too and i managed over 11,000 steps yesterday (logged on my FitBit).