Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2012, 01:08 AM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/136/124 5'3"
WOE: LC JUDDD
Hi skyesmom, glad your DD turned out well

Hi there amlyjo from another newbie

corgimom, i'm in the menopause too and when i find my waist (i know it's in there somewhere) i'll let you know if it's thickened compared my younger, thinner days. Seriously though it sounds like you have a great plan to get toned up.

williamson_ja good luck with JUDDD, i'm only into my second week and really loving it! The first couple of down days were fairly hard but since then i've been fine.

minimonkey i love the way you are embracing this whole WOE, yes i think two weeks is mentioned in the book for getting the SIRT1 going well (i've read the book and can't remember - maybe this WOE will also improve my memory?)

Had a DD yesterday and felt just fizzing with energy, i was up at 4am (work) then later in the day i dragged DH out for a walk to the beach. Made myself go to bed at 10pm.

Today is an UD and i've been working out the menu for the day - kind of struggling to get to my target calories who'd have ever thought that would be a problem! It was like, "i'd better add a couple of tablespoons of cream to that to make it more calorific!" I suppose as long as i'm not too far short of my UD cals it won't be too bad.

Last edited by FairyWren; 06-18-2012 at 01:10 AM..
FairyWren is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2012, 01:59 AM   #182
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: minimonkey
Stats: 5'0" -- very small frame
WOE: Clean eating, whole foods
Fairywren --

I love your avatar and name -- I am a bird person I am an avian rehabber, more precisely, and have accumulated a small permanent flock of my own .. 13 pigeons and 5 doves, none of whom can live in the wild for one reason or another (disability, raised in captivity/too tame, etc.) Birds make my heart sing.

You also seem to be doing very well embracing this WOE, and seem to be having lovely results upfront!

I'm liking this so far -- and I'm definitely willing to give it an honest go! I feel quite optimistic at the moment that this may be a real turning point for me in terms of the way I approach my relationship to food.

I'm aiming for another good up-day workout tomorrow -- yippee! I am excited about finally getting back in the gym, and about building some more muscle. Once I am back in lifting shape, there is a whole weights program (Cathe Friedrich's STS system) that I am going to be starting -- I fully expect to be a lean, strong little machine once Cathe gets done kicking my booty for several months straight! She's pretty much my fitness idol, alongside Burr Leonard of the Bar Method.

Actually, one of the biggest attractions to JUDDD, for me, is the anti-inflammatory effects. I have a tendency towards getting systemic inflammation/over-training syndrome much more quickly than most people, because I have Lyme disease (it's mostly in remission, but I still have to manage it.) So, when I train hard, inflammation is always lurking as a demon that might derail me. I am really hoping that JUDDD helps with that... and I feel hopeful that it will.

I would also roll over at least three times from happiness if I could see an anti-aging effect on my skin

I think the physical stress of long-term, constant caloric deprivation made the inflammation much worse-- and taxed my whole system pretty badly. I can't tell you how glad I am to be getting out of that loop, and moving on to something healthier and more sustainable.

8/28:128.6 .... 10/7 118.4 ....10/20: 115.8
minimonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:54 AM   #183
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Corgi, Fairy, I just wanted to add that I found my way to Juddd while looking for WOEs that might work for menopausal women. LC was no longer working for me as well as it had, and I was dismayed at the thought that a big belly (with the back fat that came with it) was inevitable for me at this age.
Anyway, Juddd works. My belly is back to what it was, and the back fat is almost gone. Incredible.
Enjoy the trip, here.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:58 AM   #184
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: minimonkey
Stats: 5'0" -- very small frame
WOE: Clean eating, whole foods
Joyjoy -- that is really encouraging! I hope it helps control some of the perimenopausal craziness across the board... I am not loving all that very much right now!
minimonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:03 AM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

Mini, I respect the craziness most of the time. It lets people (okay, mostly my lovely man) know that I am a wild woman and a force to be reckoned with!
Old 06-18-2012, 08:23 AM   #186
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cabrioluvr
Stats: 18/12/6
WOE: Atkins!
Start Date: 03/2000
I'm going to try JUDD too. I have struggled with menopause symptoms for the past couple of years - and on low carb (high fat) I just have nonstop hot flashes!! And I'm finding that low carb (after 12 plus years) is not taking off the weight like it used to (coupled with my age I'm sure!).
cabrioluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:16 AM   #187
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: corgimom
Stats: 142/140/125
WOE: LC
Start Date: 09/02/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimonkey View Post
Corgimom --

I feel your menopause pain! I am in perimenopause, and trying to find a way to manage it. You have a great attitude, and I suspect you will have wonderful success with this!

It is my third down day -- and I have very little hunger today. I've had my 500 calories, and I feel quite well fed, actually.

Tomorrow I start monitoring my up day calories too -- and I will do that rotation (1840 up days, 500 down days) for a couple of weeks and see how that treats me. I'm doing all of this low carb.

If that is enough to start yielding fat losses, I'll be thrilled! I'm back in the gym regularly as of this week, and wanting to build more muscle, so am definitely wanting to avoid any more prolonged, regular caloric restriction -- I'm hopeful that this will be just the plan for me!
Thanks for the encouragement. There are several ways to do this WOE-which is good in case you need to adjust it to work for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyesmom2002 View Post
Welcome back Corgimom !

Minimonkey- Glad your DD went so well.

I had a good DD today . After this weekend I will not weigh for awhile those two UD's were HIGH . Hope everyone had a great Father's Day
Thanks for the welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamson_ja View Post
I'm just starting. My first DD will be tomorrow. I went to the store and picked up a bunch of stuff that should help me get through. Wish me luck. I' m hoping to see a couple of pounds lost this first week. I've been having a hard time with the last couple of pounds and I just can't seem to lose anything lately. I've noticed that this forum is super friendly and very positive. I really like that!
Good luck! I think I've seen many times that on this plan your body will show what the scale doesn't. I'm going to use my waist measurement along with the scale to mark my progress. This is a great forum!
corgimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:24 AM   #188
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: corgimom
Stats: 142/140/125
WOE: LC
Start Date: 09/02/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Corgi, Fairy, I just wanted to add that I found my way to Juddd while looking for WOEs that might work for menopausal women. LC was no longer working for me as well as it had, and I was dismayed at the thought that a big belly (with the back fat that came with it) was inevitable for me at this age.
Anyway, Juddd works. My belly is back to what it was, and the back fat is almost gone. Incredible.
Enjoy the trip, here.
That is so wonderful to know! FairyWren and cabrioluvr-there is hope for us!
corgimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:31 AM   #189
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KelAly8894
Stats: 124/118/110
WOE: JUDDD 1500/500
Start Date: 5/29/2012
Quote:
I just wanted to add that I found my way to Juddd while looking for WOEs that might work for menopausal women. LC was no longer working for me as well as it had, and I was dismayed at the thought that a big belly (with the back fat that came with it) was inevitable for me at this age.
Enjoy the trip, here.
Joyjoy, I have already noticed my menopausal belly and back fat shrinking after only about 2 weeks of JUDDDing, Like you, I wasn't getting anywhere with LC after a while. I have a very small frame, and that extra fat in the middle was really noticeable. Now I am actually looking forward to wearing bathing suits on my upcoming cruise. THANK YOU JUDDD
KelAly8894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:32 AM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimonkey View Post
Actually, one of the biggest attractions to JUDDD, for me, is the anti-inflammatory effects. I have a tendency towards getting systemic inflammation/over-training syndrome much more quickly than most people, because I have Lyme disease (it's mostly in remission, but I still have to manage it.) So, when I train hard, inflammation is always lurking as a demon that might derail me. I am really hoping that JUDDD helps with that... and I feel hopeful that it will.

I would also roll over at least three times from happiness if I could see an anti-aging effect on my skin

I think the physical stress of long-term, constant caloric deprivation made the inflammation much worse-- and taxed my whole system pretty badly. I can't tell you how glad I am to be getting out of that loop, and moving on to something healthier and more sustainable.
Well i'm sure that it's a great move to try JUDDD. I certainly agree about the long-term caloric deprivation - i did a very low cal diet earlier this year and although it was supposed to contain all the essential nutrients my skin really suffered, it was dry and itchy, my complexion was awful, i never usually get spots but i had a breakout every week. It's taken me two months to be recovered from that.

I spend a lot of time outdoors and in the field - i'm always picking up ticks and got tested twice in the last 6 months for Lyme Disease, thankfully the tests came back negative.

It'll be really interesting to see how you do on JUDDD regards the inflammation issues. In the past i've suffered with Ulcerative Colitis, i had a 16 year remission until late 2010 - i'd been eating bucket loads of carbs and had put on quite a bit of weight and it flared up again. I got it under control with the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD) and hopefully it should stay under control. That's one of the reason's i'm trying to do JUDDD low carb but i'll certainly, in time, see how i am and perhaps introduce some more carbs for up days.

Evie
Old 06-18-2012, 09:33 AM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
back fat is almost gone. Incredible.
Enjoy the trip, here.
Yay! Backfat be gone! Can't wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabrioluvr View Post
I'm going to try JUDD too. I have struggled with menopause symptoms for the past couple of years - and on low carb (high fat) I just have nonstop hot flashes!! And I'm finding that low carb (after 12 plus years) is not taking off the weight like it used to (coupled with my age I'm sure!).
Welcome! Good luck with JUDDD. Seems to be a whole collection of us menopausal ladies here

Re. the hot flashes I find that if i'm in ketosis they disappear.

Evie

Last edited by FairyWren; 06-18-2012 at 09:37 AM..
Old 06-18-2012, 10:06 AM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyWren View Post

Evie
Evie, that's so interesting! Before Juddd, it was clear that sugar worsened hot flashes for me. I never had tons of them, and they weren't horrid generally, but they seem to have disappeared since starting JUDDD 8-9 weeks ago, so something's going on. I like it!
Old 06-18-2012, 10:10 AM   #193
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cabrioluvr
Stats: 18/12/6
WOE: Atkins!
Start Date: 03/2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyWren View Post
Yay! Backfat be gone! Can't wait

Welcome! Good luck with JUDDD. Seems to be a whole collection of us menopausal ladies here

Evie

I wish! I am the complete opposite. If I'm truly in ketosis and burning fat, my hot flashes are lots worse. If I try to go the low fat route and lower calories - they all but disappear. My body is so strange.....
cabrioluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #194
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
To so many new and returning JUDDD BUDDDs.

Sorry I haven't been around much but I've been having fun with a house guest.

It is great to see you all supporting each other here. Just to add that I am well past the menopause now but it was only after JUDDD helped me to lost my last 10 lbs that I saw the 'back fat' go. I have also been LC for over 10 years and had just stopped losing.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusrose63
Stats: 156/156/130 - 5'4", Age: 53
WOE: JUDDD 1900/800 or less if I can!
Start Date: JUDDD restart June 2014
I just wanted to give the Newbies something to look forward to...I was a Newbie less than 2 months ago!

JUDDD Week 7 Summary...

Starting weight 4/30: 154
Weight 5/31/12: 147.5
Today's Weight 6/18/12: 146, TWICE in the past 3 days, so I think it's officially my new baseline weight.

Pounds Lost in 7 weeks: 8

Inches Lost in 7 weeks...
Waist: 2.5"
Hips: 2.5"
Each Thigh: 1.5"
Each calf: 1.0"

AND I am feeling so much better, it really keeps me motivated on the Down Days. SOOOO enjoying the Up Days WITHOUT GUILT OR OBSESSION! I LOVE this WOE!!

I finally came to realize--time is going to pass me by no matter what...where do I want to be in one month, by mid summer, when I want to be out doing autumn activities, the holidays, etc? I NEEDED to pick a plan I could live with and stick to it. For me, JUDDD is that plan!

Looking forward to HUGE success for you Newbies! Best to you all. Love all the successes so far!

Lost 3 pounds from Jan 1 2012 til April 30 2012 by "eating healthy", LC, etc...
Lost 12 pounds from May 1 2012 til September 1 2012 with JUDDD

Down and Up 10-15# every year since 2000 with VLC, semi LC and Carb Cycling
Anticipating forever success with JUDDD!!
cactusrose63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:56 AM   #196

Brilliant Barb!
Old 06-18-2012, 11:58 AM   #197
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NonnyK
Stats: 5" 1' Goal 130-- My Fitness Pal Username: NonnyK
WOE: JUDDDer
Start Date: 06/7/12
Hello all!! I just finished my first week of JUDDD. I am happy to say that I lost 2.2 lbs.! I am so very excited!!
NonnyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:59 AM   #198

That is great Nonny, and this is just the beginning.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:01 PM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusrose63 View Post
I just wanted to give the Newbies something to look forward to...I was a Newbie less than 2 months ago!

JUDDD Week 7 Summary...

Starting weight 4/30: 154
Weight 5/31/12: 147.5
Today's Weight 6/18/12: 146, TWICE in the past 3 days, so I think it's officially my new baseline weight.

Pounds Lost in 7 weeks: 8

Inches Lost in 7 weeks...
Waist: 2.5"
Hips: 2.5"
Each Thigh: 1.5"
Each calf: 1.0"

AND I am feeling so much better, it really keeps me motivated on the Down Days. SOOOO enjoying the Up Days WITHOUT GUILT OR OBSESSION! I LOVE this WOE!!

I finally came to realize--time is going to pass me by no matter what...where do I want to be in one month, by mid summer, when I want to be out doing autumn activities, the holidays, etc? I NEEDED to pick a plan I could live with and stick to it. For me, JUDDD is that plan!

Looking forward to HUGE success for you Newbies! Best to you all. Love all the successes so far!
Thanks for taking the time share your success!! It is very encouraging!!
Old 06-18-2012, 12:02 PM   #200
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
That is great Nonny, and this is just the beginning.
Thanks! I can't wait!
Old 06-18-2012, 12:04 PM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah, Nonny!!!
You earned it. Enjoy the next week!
Old 06-18-2012, 12:26 PM   #202

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Woohoo Nonny!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:26 PM   #203

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
WTG Barb!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:34 PM   #204
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NonnyK View Post
Hello all!! I just finished my first week of JUDDD. I am happy to say that I lost 2.2 lbs.! I am so very excited!!
That's terrific! Keep up the good work!

Barb is rockin' it!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:19 PM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Well done NonnyK

Thanks Barb - you are a great inspiration

Last edited by FairyWren; 06-18-2012 at 02:21 PM..
Old 06-18-2012, 02:55 PM   #206
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
How quickly the sirtuin thing builds up is highly individual. Some of us are there in about two weeks. Some have taken two months to really 'feel' the burn. (Fortunately, weight loss begins long before the SIRs finish accumulating - no one get demotivated hearing this.)

The interesting thing is, when it hits, frequently it really hits - many of us can tell exactly when the magic really settled in and started doing it's thing. My weight loss rate doubled from Wednesday in my fourth week JUDDDING. And all the lovely NSVs started happening.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 06-18-2012 at 02:56 PM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:36 PM   #207
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kitty135
Stats: 176/161/148
WOE: Hhcg,LC,JUDDD
Start Date: 10/11/11
Today is my first DD. I'm really hoping this is the plan I've been looking for. Everyone's words are so inspiring and encouraging. Thanks to all for taking the time to post to this thread.
kitty135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:46 PM   #208
Major LCF Poster!

Kitty, all the best today. The DDs get easier. There is lots of info on the threads to help you make them easier.
We'll look forward to hearing how it goes for you!
And yeah, this is a very enthusiastic place. With good reason.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:38 PM   #209
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
Kitty! So glad you decided to join us.
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:41 PM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusrose63
Stats: 156/156/130 - 5'4", Age: 53
WOE: JUDDD 1900/800 or less if I can!