Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2012, 08:36 PM   #151
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: minimonkey
Stats: 5'0" -- very small frame
WOE: Clean eating, whole foods
End of up day check in -- I decided to do more or less what Dawn is doing for this first couple of weeks, minus the carbs -- meaning sticking to the 500 calorie down days, and eating to fullness on up days, without caloric restrictions. The JUDDD website actually recommends this strategy for the first two weeks -- except that I am doing it low carb.

I think perhaps I overate a little today -- not intentionally, but I got full a lot faster than I thought I would...but I am not going to stress that, either. Tomorrow is a down day, and I suspect my up days will be more moderate from here on in ... I'm still replenishing from the extended caloric restriction, I think... and I am well on my way to getting there.

I'm liking this so far -- and I am hopeful that I will start getting some real hunger suppression soon. I am definitely feeling a lot more satiated after today's eating than I did after my full-on refeed a couple of days ago, so that is encouraging!

I'll be aiming for another workout tomorrow ... I'm sore today It feels very, very good to be back in the gym.

8/28:128.6 .... 10/7 118.4 ....10/20: 115.8

Last edited by minimonkey; 06-14-2012 at 08:39 PM..
minimonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2012, 08:58 PM   #152
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm rather looking forward to my down day too -- I'm looking forward to the peace of mind that so many of you describe -- I think the whole hcg adventure really disrupted any kind of normal relationship I used to have with food -- and I want it back!
Old 06-14-2012, 11:37 PM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skyesmom2002
Stats: 194/167/154
WOE: Trim Healthy Mama
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimonkey View Post
I'm rather looking forward to my down day too -- I'm looking forward to the peace of mind that so many of you describe -- I think the whole hcg adventure really disrupted any kind of normal relationship I used to have with food -- and I want it back!
I hope you find some "peace" with Juddd.
skyesmom2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:36 AM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mitsa
Stats: start 118/ goal 100
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 05/26/12
Quote:
End of up day check in -- I decided to do more or less what Dawn is doing for this first couple of weeks, minus the carbs -- meaning sticking to the 500 calorie down days, and eating to fullness on up days, without caloric restrictions. The JUDDD website actually recommends this strategy for the first two weeks -- except that I am doing it low carb.

I think perhaps I overate a little today -- not intentionally, but I got full a lot faster than I thought I would...but I am not going to stress that, either. Tomorrow is a down day, and I suspect my up days will be more moderate from here on in ... I'm still replenishing from the extended caloric restriction, I think... and I am well on my way to getting there.

I'm liking this so far -- and I am hopeful that I will start getting some real hunger suppression soon. I am definitely feeling a lot more satiated after today's eating than I did after my full-on refeed a couple of days ago, so that is encouraging!

I'll be aiming for another workout tomorrow ... I'm sore today It feels very, very good to be back in the gym.

Back in the gym, hey? Good for you. I started today, im sure i will feel it tomorrow.
Mitsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:09 AM   #155
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Hi Tova, good to see you joining in here. It is great to get to know a group of Newbies and share the learning curve with them.

KUTGW everyone.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:08 AM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
Hi! Been struggling to get rid of the vacation pounds I picked up a month ago. I lose 3-4 then comes a weekend where I have 3 UD in a row. Going to try really hard to get back down to 183 by the time I go on my road trip July 3rd. Wondering if I should just do LC for the rest of the month?
BaileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:45 AM   #157
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amlyjo
Stats: 332/310/175
WOE: LC-HF-MP
Start Date: June 2013
I everyone,

May I join you? I posted in RenoMom's thread "Will this work for me?" and got some welcomes, but I thought I better post in a newbies thread to find my buddies!

I can't believe I never heard of this WOE before!! Or have I...? I mean, it makes so much sense! How many times have we had a big holiday meal like at Thanksgiving and the next day you eat hardly anything because you had so much great food and you know you need to moderate. Why didn't it occur to me before to do this as a regular WOE?

I am starting today! Today will be an UD so that I can have another UD on Sunday to have a nice meal with my family for Father's Day. I do plan to stick to lo carb on all days. I just feel better and it helps me with my cravings. I will allow the occasions popcorn with butter on an UD though!

I'm super excited to see where this journey takes me, even if it's a little slow. I have hypothyroid and am not currently on meds (due to lack of insurance). I have a plan to get back to the doc by the end of this month to remedy that, so that should help too. But I have tried ALL the super calorie restrictive diets (remember *******? ) and I just can't stick to something like that long term. Reason is that I don't lose that way! So I starve myself for a week only to find very small loses and I have no motivation. I would rather take 2lbs lost per week only restricting 1/2 the time. It seems so motivational for me!

Now I am off to find out where locally I can buy some of those miracle noodles/rice to try. Seems expensive to order so I would like to try to find them locally. Any ideas? I'm in the Austin area.

amlyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:25 AM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Amlyjo, welcome. It's a wonderful WOE and a WONDERFUL group of people. We'll look forward to hearing more from you. Enjoy!
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:01 PM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileysGirl View Post
Hi! Been struggling to get rid of the vacation pounds I picked up a month ago. I lose 3-4 then comes a weekend where I have 3 UD in a row. Going to try really hard to get back down to 183 by the time I go on my road trip July 3rd. Wondering if I should just do LC for the rest of the month?
I was doing the same thing the last time I tried JUDDD with the same stall. This time around I am sticking with the UD/DD rotation and it is working. I'm down 7lbs since June 4th. Good luck with whatever you decide to do
Old 06-15-2012, 02:04 PM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Amlyjo! I think your going to like this WOE. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:07 PM   #161
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/136/124 5'3"
WOE: LC JUDDD
Just popped in to say i'm just finishing my 3rd DD, the easiest so far. Feeling happy and ooooh, maybe a bit hyper and euphoric (Is that normal?!)
FairyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:09 PM   #162

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyWren View Post
Just popped in to say i'm just finishing my 3rd DD, the easiest so far. Feeling happy and ooooh, maybe a bit hyper and euphoric (Is that normal?!)
It's normal. The "magic" has hit you earlier than most of us, so enjoy it!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heather
Stats: 175.8/158.8/145; 5'4"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart 6/27/14 - Loss: 17 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlyjo View Post
I everyone,

But I have tried ALL the super calorie restrictive diets (remember *******? ) and I just can't stick to something like that long term. Reason is that I don't lose that way! So I starve myself for a week only to find very small loses and I have no motivation. I would rather take 2lbs lost per week only restricting 1/2 the time. It seems so motivational for me!

Now I am off to find out where locally I can buy some of those miracle noodles/rice to try. Seems expensive to order so I would like to try to find them locally. Any ideas? I'm in the Austin area.

Hi Amlyjo - Yes, I'm excited for you too!!! I welcomed you over on the other thread. You described me exactly on the low cal diets - torture! And loss would come to a screeching halt because our metabolisms were going into starvation mode. So I felt caught in a vice - if I raised calories - weight went up. If I lowered calories - weight loss stopped. So I believe JUDDD is the answer.

Anyhoo - I see the noodles in all major grocery chains. They're in the produce department by the tofu usually.

Hope to see you on the June weigh in thread soon.

Last edited by Heather; 06-15-2012 at 02:21 PM..
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:21 PM   #164

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
I can't believe I never heard of this WOE before!! Or have I...? I mean, it makes so much sense! How many times have we had a big holiday meal like at Thanksgiving and the next day you eat hardly anything because you had so much great food and you know you need to moderate. Why didn't it occur to me before to do this as a regular WOE?

Welcome!!! What you describe above is exactly how my skinny DH stays skinny!! If he eats out for lunch at work, he eats very lightly at dinner--or hardly any at all. If he skips lunch (mainly this is what he does) he will devour dinner Of course this sounds like an alternate meal diet for him, but he really does instinctively follow this JUDDD plan. He actually follows his hunger for what he eats. If he is hungry he eats, if he is not hungry he doesn't eat. What a concept He has been the same jeans size since I met him 20 years ago. Men......

I am not in Austin, but I have found the miracle noodles in my local health food store. The brand that Hungry Girl endorses and her picture is on the package, I have seen at Kroger. They have a nice organic/natural foods section and found those there. Not sure if they are the Miracle noodles or another brand, but they are very low calorie noodles.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:22 PM   #165

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Sounds like you have hit your stride
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:26 PM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heather
Stats: 175.8/158.8/145; 5'4"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart 6/27/14 - Loss: 17 lbs
Quote:
FairyWren - Ohhh, I'm happy for you too!!! I know how you feel

(love that bird )
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:47 PM   #167

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
I everyone,

May I join you? I posted in RenoMom's thread "Will this work for me?" and got some welcomes, but I thought I better post in a newbies thread to find my buddies!

I am starting today! Today will be an UD so that I can have another UD on Sunday to have a nice meal with my family for Father's Day. I do plan to stick to lo carb on all days. I just feel better and it helps me with my cravings. I will allow the occasions popcorn with butter on an UD though!

I'm super excited to see where this journey takes me, even if it's a little slow. I have hypothyroid and am not currently on meds (due to lack of insurance). I have a plan to get back to the doc by the end of this month to remedy that, so that should help too. But I have tried ALL the super calorie restrictive diets (remember *******? ) and I just can't stick to something like that long term. Reason is that I don't lose that way! So I starve myself for a week only to find very small loses and I have no motivation. I would rather take 2lbs lost per week only restricting 1/2 the time. It seems so motivational for me!

to JUDDD, you are going to love the ride!
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:09 AM   #168
Big Yapper!!!!

Welcome to the newcomers, from another newcomer!

Skyesmom -- terrific losses!!!

Mitsa -- yeah, I'm feeling the workout a bit! It feels great to get started again, though -- and it is a good kind of sore -- hope yours is too

I am finishing my second successful down day -- today wasn't bad at all. I'm feeling leaner and less inflamed, so I think the water weight/inflammation is coming off well -- I might get on the scale in the morning, just to know where I stand.

I can see really liking this plan once I'm in the groove of it I'm allowing myself to eat to satisfaction on up days for these first two weeks, and then will rein up day calories in from there if I need to -- and sticking to the 500 calorie limit on down days (though I came in at about 400 today) -- we'll see how this treats me. If I don't lose at first, that's ok, so long as I am maintaining over time. I can tweak later, once I am in the swing of doing this. Right now, it feels good.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:01 AM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/136/124 5'3"
WOE: LC JUDDD

Thanks everyone! When i wrote that at 10pm last night i'd been up since 4am but still felt really good and not hungry which is amazing for me!

JUDDD magic is great!!!!

Hi to the other June newbies, hope this woe makes you feel as good as i feel right now
FairyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:12 AM   #170
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Quote:
I can see really liking this plan once I'm in the groove of it I'm allowing myself to eat to satisfaction on up days for these first two weeks, and then will rein up day calories in from there if I need to -- and sticking to the 500 calorie limit on down days (though I came in at about 400 today) -- we'll see how this treats me. If I don't lose at first, that's ok, so long as I am maintaining over time. I can tweak later, once I am in the swing of doing this. Right now, it feels good.
Great plan! Great attitude!

Feeling the inflammation go - in my case seeing it vanish as my cheeks and nose tone down to the color of the rest of my face - really is magic.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:41 AM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mcjful
Stats: 256/165/150
Start Date: Everyday
Quote:

Just a nosy lurker here LOL
Sprouts and Whole Foods both have the noodles.
mcjful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:27 AM   #172
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amlyjo
Stats: 332/310/175
WOE: LC-HF-MP
Start Date: June 2013
Thank you all for the warm welcomes!! It feels good to have kindred spirits! Yesterday was day one, and UD and I think I did pretty well getting all the way up to 2500 cals. Wow, it was actually tough to do. I will work on planning that better for better nutrition and lower carbs. Today is a DD and I have it all planned out. Should be fine though because we have a feast for Father's Day planned for tomorrow so I have a lot to look forward to!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjful View Post
Sprouts and Whole Foods both have the noodles.
AH! Sprouts!! I didn't think of that!! I did find on the Miracle Noodles website that Central Market carries them but I didn't want to have to drive down there. I thought I might check out a big Asian market nearby too, it looks like a fun place to explore! I want some of that chili garlic sauce mentioned in a few recipes and figured I could get that there and find the noodles. There's a Sprouts right by my Costco so I may just wait to hit both as I also need some coconut oil. Thanks for the tip!
amlyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:02 AM   #173
Big Yapper!!!!

Staying off the scale still, but I definitely look leaner today (again, I think a lot of my recent gain was inflammation) -- so that is great.

I hope the anti-inflammatory effects go to my face soon. I am having the acne outbreak of a lifetime (and that is saying a lot, since I get bad ones!) -- I'm sure it is from the cleanse I just finished, because this always happens to me when I cleanse... but boy is it miserable.

I ate a big up-day breakfast, but have a feeling it'll be relatively light eating for the rest of the day -- it is supposed to be hot today, and that always kills my appetite ... and combined with ketosis and the early-stages of appetite suppression from JUDDD, I don't think I will be wanting much for the rest of the day.

I am planning to work out later in the day.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:35 PM   #174
Senior LCF Member

I had my first slip up today . I had a DD that turned into an UD. I'll just try it again tomorrow. Beside I like my Up Days on MWF which are the same day as Kickboxing nights. I feel better working off some of those extra calories .
Old 06-17-2012, 12:12 AM   #175
Big Yapper!!!!

Up day was great -- I did end up eating quite a bit after all, and got in a good workout too I am loving being back in the gym, and it feels wonderful to do it with adequate nutrition in the mix! A couple more weeks of the isometric training, and I will start hitting the weights in earnest.... yes!

I'm all set for my down day tomorrow -- and I suspect I may hop on my scale on Monday morning just to see what it has to say. So far, I'd say this is treating me well -- but I am only 5 days in, so it is very early to tell how it'll be long term. I am finding it easy, though, and that is nice!

Tomorrow will probably be a rest day from exercise, unless I decide to throw some cardio in the mix -- if I feel energetic, I may do just that.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:02 PM   #176
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: corgimom
Stats: 145/135/128
WOE: 8 hour diet/limited carb
Start Date: 06/17/12 restart
Well, I did do this starting back in January. Drifted away and now I am back. What I'm really working on in my body fat %. Even when I got to my goal, I noticed that it didn't look as good at when I was 39. Not at all. Now that I'm in menopause, I notice that layer of belly fat and a thickened waist. So, I'm going to avoid the scale and do what was suggested upthread (thank-you Sheridan): get some pants in a smaller size and use them as a gauge of my progress.

We joined a small local gym a couple of weeks ago, and I've been using the treadmill. DD likes the exercise bike with a pre- programmed workout, and DH does the machines 3 days a week before work. This plan gives me the flexibility I need to enjoy things I like and I did lose 10 pounds pretty effortlessly earlier this year.

I'm also going to try to participate here more than I did, so I can get to know all of you better.

Kate
corgimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:05 PM   #177
Big Yapper!!!!

Corgimom --

I feel your menopause pain! I am in perimenopause, and trying to find a way to manage it. You have a great attitude, and I suspect you will have wonderful success with this!

It is my third down day -- and I have very little hunger today. I've had my 500 calories, and I feel quite well fed, actually.

Tomorrow I start monitoring my up day calories too -- and I will do that rotation (1840 up days, 500 down days) for a couple of weeks and see how that treats me. I'm doing all of this low carb.

If that is enough to start yielding fat losses, I'll be thrilled! I'm back in the gym regularly as of this week, and wanting to build more muscle, so am definitely wanting to avoid any more prolonged, regular caloric restriction -- I'm hopeful that this will be just the plan for me!
Old 06-17-2012, 09:20 PM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Welcome back Corgimom !

Minimonkey- Glad your DD went so well.

I had a good DD today . After this weekend I will not weigh for awhile those two UD's were HIGH . Hope everyone had a great Father's Day
Old 06-17-2012, 09:39 PM   #179
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: williamson_ja
I'm just starting. My first DD will be tomorrow. I went to the store and picked up a bunch of stuff that should help me get through. Wish me luck. I' m hoping to see a couple of pounds lost this first week. I've been having a hard time with the last couple of pounds and I just can't seem to lose anything lately. I've noticed that this forum is super friendly and very positive. I really like that!
williamson_ja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:52 AM   #180
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, I got mighty hungry later in the day -- I ended up eating a bowl of veggies, and think I came in just a wee bit high on the total calories, but not by much. Definitely looking forward to tomorrow's up-day-ness, though!

This is such a change of mind-set from hcg -- it is a bit hard to wrap my head around the mentality, but I am getting there. I am looking forward to the whole sirtuin thing (yes, that's the technical term, lol) kicking in -- I understand the beginnings of it happen about two weeks in, and the full effect takes about nine weeks... is that correct?

I don't have the JUDDD book, so am operating from what I read on the website, and what I have found on here, in terms of information. I will probably buy the book when funds allow ....