Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2012, 06:57 PM   #121
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: minimonkey
Stats: 5'0" -- very small frame
WOE: Clean eating, whole foods
ACK. I was flippin' starving by 6 pm, and I gave in and had a salad with walden farms dressing and nutritional yeast (arugula, mung bean sprouts, and some broccoli slaw). So, I am coming in at about 500 today, vs. the 350 I was aiming for... hmph. I think the banana this morning was a mistake -- too carby. I think I need to do lower carbs for the first portion of this, anyhow, until some kind of hunger suppression kicks in.

I have been very grumpy all day too -- some of this is hormones, I'm sure --- TOM should be over, but it is hanging on and threatening a round two, which is all too common for me these days. I am not loving perimenopause

I know that 500 calories is hardly a disaster --and that a salad isn't really a "cheat" --and really, maybe I should go with the JUDDD suggestion of starting out with 500 calorie down days for the first two weeks anyhow -- that doesn't seem like a bad plan. I can drop it down later, once I am in the groove of JUDDDing. As long as I can maintain -- more or less -- these first couple of weeks, I'll be satisfied. I figure I can get back to the business of losing once I've replenished a bit.

What I really wish I could do is about a week long refeed -- I think I am still feeling depleted coming out of a p2/cleansing phase -- but I don't want to lose momentum, and I don't want unnecessary gains.

I'll let it go -- move forward from here, and try keeping the carbs lower tomorrow and see if it helps with the hunger --I'll up the protein and the fat a bit, and keep the carbs to a minimum.

It's so hard to figure out what is psychological and what is physical hunger sometimes... but this was definitely physical ... my stomach was gnawing at me, and my energy was crashing. (I've been working on the house all day, so being fairly active.) I feel a lot better after a salad... and that ain't comfort food, lol!

8/28:128.6 .... 10/7 118.4 ....10/20: 115.8
minimonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skyesmom2002
Stats: 194/167/154
WOE: Trim Healthy Mama
This is my second time Juddding. Last time I lost 5lbs and then I bounced, bounced, bounced all over that scale. This go around I am exercising regularly and tracking my calories on UD. I am now at 5 lbs lost and kind of scared to weigh again. I am going to at the end of this week. Keeping my fingers crossed .

Why is it I'm never hungry on my UD? Today is one and I've eaten maybe 400 calories and I'm not hungry. DD are tougher. It's that I want what I can't have mind game .

My Journal- Getting Real With Myself
skyesmom2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:47 PM   #123
Big Yapper!!!!

Okay, so I am amending my plan, stat! -- the carbs have to go. I was a starving, craving, mood swinging, headache-ridden mess by tonight (TOM part two isn't helping) -- so I finally decided to let today be a refeed/free day, and I will start a proper JUDDD tomorrow, minus the carbs.... I will start with (ahem) my first down day.

I consumed some ungodly amount of calories this evening, so I will call this my first (and hopefully last) up, up, and away day - and an important lesson learned.

Carbs. Are. Not. My. Friends.

I *knew* there was a reason I was on a board called LowCarbFriends.... now, what was it again? LOL.

I'm not going to let this deter me, but I certainly am going to take it to heart, and get on track tomorrow.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:11 AM   #124
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
We always recommend that you stat JUDDD with an UD. Call it a re-feed if you will. Partly this is because you can fill your body with healthy nutritious food and also allow yourself a little something you love and have perhaps missed while following other plans.

If you have eaten no carbs for a long time, of course they are are going to trigger something. Take it easy.

back Tanya, sound as if you are going great guns this time around. It is important to keep an eye on those UD calories. And that exercise will help too.

The mind game of hungry DDs and UDs where we don't care whether we eat of not.... If I could explain that I'd make a million.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ack-juddd.html
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:26 AM   #125

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyesmom2002 View Post
This is my second time Juddding. Last time I lost 5lbs and then I bounced, bounced, bounced all over that scale. This go around I am exercising regularly and tracking my calories on UD. I am now at 5 lbs lost and kind of scared to weigh again. I am going to at the end of this week. Keeping my fingers crossed .

Why is it I'm never hungry on my UD? Today is one and I've eaten maybe 400 calories and I'm not hungry. DD are tougher. It's that I want what I can't have mind game .
I know exactly what you mean I lost 4.2 lbs last week, but this week I am not excited to get on the scale. I keep thinking last week was a fluke! I weigh only after a DD, so I probably will brave the scale tomorrow. I only count calories on DDs. I am like you--not so hungry on the UDs that I want to eat everything in sight, so they have gone well for me! So far doing it this way is working for me. Once the losses slow down, I will count my UDs.

mini--I have never brought back bananas into my life. I have a bunch in my kitchen as DH insists on buying them. The whole bunch is growing more brown by the day as no one is eating them. They are too sugary for any lowcarber. And Dr S did say specifically to stay away from them in P3. Try them again, but wait til you are firmly away from P2 for a while
Old 06-12-2012, 09:36 AM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mcneilnomore
Stats: 309/305/150
WOE: moderate carbs and calories
Start Date: 3/10/14
Yesterday was an UUAAD for me, and this morning my weight was UUAA. Grrr...It was stupid mindless eating. I stopped at Dairy queen with my ds and thought I would be good by not getting a blizzard and just getting a cone. I went home and it was a carb frenzy: two bowls of cereal, sweet potato fries, and string cheese. I was good all day. I guess it's safe to say that icecream is a trigger. I love how my brain works on JUDDD. After I polished off the fries, I stopped and realized my eating was out of control and I didn't eat anything for the rest of the night. And I'm not beating myself up for overdoing it because today is a do over. DD today and weight down tomorrow. I have slip ups but they haven't spiraled out of control. One bad meal does not equal one bad day, week, month, year, etc... I JUDDD. It's the only diet I've ever done that I don't care if I lose slowly. I just like feeling like this.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:08 AM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heather
Stats: 175.8/152.6/145-150
WOE: JUDDD/Potato Hack
Start Date: Restart 6/27/14 - Loss: 23.2 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcneilnomore View Post
I JUDDD. It's the only diet I've ever done that I don't care if I lose slowly. I just like feeling like this.
Jennifer,

I feel the same way. I've only done JUDDD one week and already losing my obsessing over food and the speed of weight loss. That has NEVER happened before on a diet.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:24 AM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Jennifer, been there, done that, and feel the same way about Juddd. It's like the next DD is always standing there, smiling, welcoming. And somehow, those UUAADs (or whatever they're called) are becoming less powerful and less frequent. I'll tell you, some days the weight loss is just a happy side effect of Juddd, and these changes in my relationship to eating are the main event. Enjoy. Thanks for sharing your learning with us.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #129
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Jennifer, been there, done that, and feel the same way about Juddd. It's like the next DD is always standing there, smiling, welcoming. And somehow, those UUAADs (or whatever they're called) are becoming less powerful and less frequent. I'll tell you, some days the weight loss is just a happy side effect of Juddd, and these changes in my relationship to eating are the main event. Enjoy. Thanks for sharing your learning with us.
Loved reading this! I never heard it put that way but realized when I read it that this is exactly how I feel! I have totally stopped obsessing about food. I'm so much more relaxed about eating...or NOT eating...with JUDD Gotta love it.

Who knew when we started this that we would really look forward to DDs?? And, that we don't always have to go nuts on an UD or a FD??

Today's my birthday and I had a good DD yesterday so I could just enjoy myself today. But, seriously, I'm not hungry yet. I had a couple of bites of a scrambled egg so far today. It didn't really float my boat, so to speak. So, I didn't even finish it.

Just sipping tea and ice water and happy as a clam.

DH was going to take me out to dinner, but I decided it will be more fun to BBQ a nice lean steak and have it with a salad and a glass of cabernet.

At this point, I'm wondering if I'll be hungry enough to eat much of the steak! I'll make a big salad and probably steam some spinach.

Oh, and I'm gonna try the zucchinni tots recipe. That sounds so good.

You guys are all so great! Really glad I popped in here to do some reading. I'm just surfing around.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:24 PM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ninthmuse
Stats: weight is low, low, low!!
WOE: juddd
Start Date: 9th june 2012
hello to all!

watching all the progress with interest - yesterday was a terrible day, i don't think i have ever been so miserable. i also think it has something to do with being - like mini - 'perimentalpausal' as i like to call it. i had to, had to, had to eat an extra 3 portions of protein to stay sane. i went to bed early with a thumping headache and feeling sick as a dog as i was still ravenously hungry - i have just never experienced that kind of hunger. i think it's possible that once those hcg patches come off it's a very fast exit from the body.
had water retention this morning which didn't surprise me and was .6 up but i don't care it's within the ldw. as i had decided to end on 48 hrs wo hcg i had 3 scrambled eggs and bacon bits (my own) with a little butter then some left over protein in the form of turkey later in the morning and during the day had 2 boiled eggs. none of it really appealed to me to be honest and it wasn't till this evening when i had a wonderful chilli with sour cream and cheese that i really enjoyed my food.
unfortunately, i have also been in and out of the loo like a jack in the box. again, i am not surprised as i had not really planned to have enough clean foods around. life gets so complicated deosn't it!
we'll see what the scales say in the morning. i didn't eat unless i was hungry and only ate till satiated unlike some days on other p3s!! the water retention has already gone
hope everyone is getting their losses with the juddding - and kissa, i found the sticky with dr j on it. it was good to have that data, it made a lot of sense.
i have a weekend of fundraising to do so i probably won't check in till after then. the food side will be interesting to manage but i thought that i would relax and realised that it's not the end of the world and juddd is just around the corner. debs
ninthmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:24 PM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mcneilnomore
Stats: 309/305/150
WOE: moderate carbs and calories
Start Date: 3/10/14
Yam-Yam!!!!
mcneilnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:35 PM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

Happy birthday, YamYam! I loved your thoughts, and I can hardly wait to feel the way you do about UDs! I'm getting there. I adore DDs, and if you'd told me that was even remotely possible I'd have laughed at you six weeks ago. Right now I'm doing excellent UDs but they take some planning, some breathing, and I still can't eat sweet stuff or eat anything in the morning or I'm done for. But I know this'll change. DDs did.
I love Juddd.
Thanks again to everyone who posts. SO much to learn!
Old 06-12-2012, 01:26 PM   #133
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcneilnomore View Post
Yam-Yam!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Happy birthday, YamYam! I loved your thoughts, and I can hardly wait to feel the way you do about UDs! I'm getting there. I adore DDs, and if you'd told me that was even remotely possible I'd have laughed at you six weeks ago. Right now I'm doing excellent UDs but they take some planning, some breathing, and I still can't eat sweet stuff or eat anything in the morning or I'm done for. But I know this'll change. DDs did.
I love Juddd.
Thanks again to everyone who posts. SO much to learn!
Thanks, you guys! I guess I should change my stats from 57 to 58, huh? This year whizzed by me.

Kristen: I'm just like you when it comes to eating anything carby or sweet in the morning. It just wakes up my hunger monster and I want to eat all day. If I have something like eggs for breakfast, I'm good. Usually I don't even do that. I just have coffee in the mornings and I feel totally satisfied for a long time.

UDs were very hard for me in the beginning. This whole new world of food without restrictions opened up. I kept thinking, wow! I can have this...I can have that! LOL! And I did! It didn't take much for me to get carried away.

What happens eventually I think is when the SIR enzymes build up inside of us and they trigger Leptin production we get calmer. The food monster inside me is easily satiated with healthy foods and I don't stress at all. Thus, no emotional eating. Yay! There is so much to about JUDD and even about fast-5 for me.

I've found that when I'm traveling, it's so good to use fast-5 as a back up. I can tell it will be a great option for maintaining some day. Pretty easy to do and a no-brainer.

One of these days I'm going to get back to reading The Warrior Diet. I only finished about half the book and there was some good into in there.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:35 PM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, YamYam, that's very helpful.
I'm a big fast5 fan, too. My body feels best with a condensed eating window.
(I'm not a June newbie but I love this thread. Thanks for everybody's input. )
Happy day, everyone.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:09 PM   #135
Big Yapper!!!!

I don't think I can blame the carbs completely for yesterday -- I was actually doing fine with the fruit during the p2/cleanse phase -- I think yesterday was primarily hormonal (wanting to attack a box that was getting on my nerves is NOT my normal state of mind!) I'd say that 75 percent of the refeeds I've had over the last year or two have been due to hormonally driven hunger -- periMENTALpausal, indeed!!!!!!!

I'm keeping today low, low carb/ high fat as a ketosis reset (I'll go with up day calories as a high limit) -- and will try another true down day tomorrow.

I'm not freaking out about it, but I am taking this as a cautionary experience and will keep my JUDDing low carb from here for a while --- I'm fine with low carb eating.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:21 PM   #136

Go girl, that is the attitude!
Old 06-12-2012, 08:18 PM   #137
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tag425
Stats: 160/127/120
WOE: JUDDD since 5/12
Start Date: Hcg 4/12. JUDD 5/12
I stayed low carb through phase 3, then slowly increased carbs in p 4 to see how my body would react. I am able to do moderate amount carbs now.
Tag425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:58 PM   #138
Senior LCF Member

I had a DD. It wasn't as hard as the last one. Not to say that I couldn't go into my kitchen and eat. I could! Just easier to fight the mind cravings today.

Yam-Yam!
Old 06-12-2012, 09:02 PM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

Way to go, Tanya! I found they got MUCH easier mentally and physically. Hope the same happens for you.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:28 PM   #140
Big Yapper!!!!

I was still absolutely starving today, so I ran with it, and ate to satisfaction with very low carb foods. I am certain I way exceeded anything like my calorie limit, but I also think it was good for my psychologically as well as physically -- I am still recovering from one of the most stressful, depleting periods of my life, and my body took a huge hit from that -- I integrated a cleanse into this last p2, which was healing to be sure, but still taxes the body -- so I decided to just run with the hunger, and let today be a true restoring and restocking of the reserves day. By tomorrow morning, I suspect I'll be well on my way to ketosis, which tends to kick in quickly for me -- and I'm sure my body will appreciate the buffer as I do my down day.

I'm going to do this with the suggested figure of 500 for down days for the first two weeks, and 1840 for up days -- and I will just try to stay off the scale, trust the process, and let this do its magic.

So -- tomorrow is a new day, and a down day -- and I am feeling good about that decision.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:14 PM   #141
Big Yapper!!!!

I think the refeed was a good idea -- I noticed last night that my legs finally felt strong again on stairs (they had gotten very weak during the p2) and the returned strength felt good.

Today is a down day, and I am feeling fine about it. I had my calories mid day -- about 400 all told, in one meal -- and I will just keep it to non calorie liquids for the rest of the day. I wasn't starving when I woke up, so I think this is going to be fine -- and I do think it was better to do the refeed than to continue to struggle with that "gnaw my arm off" hunger!
Old 06-13-2012, 03:20 PM   #142

Yes, the UD start is always wise. So glad you are having a good DD now.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:21 AM   #143
Senior LCF Member

UD and this time I had no problem eating! Good thing I had kickboxing tonight...

Hope everyone is doing well. KUTGW!
Old 06-14-2012, 02:16 AM   #144
Big Yapper!!!!

Kissa --

The thing is, I *did* start with an up day before my big fail day -- I think I really needed a couple of refeed days (in excess of up day calories) before starting this, though, having just come out of a p2/cleanse, where I was eating about 300 calories a day for three straight weeks.

I did fine today -- saved 100 emergency calories for after my workout in case I was starving -- which I was -- so I came in at pretty much exactly 500, with a Bar Method workout in the mix (man, it has been a while -- I felt that workout!) I'm glad I am going with the somewhat higher number of 500 for starters with the down days -- I can drop it lower later on, if need be.

I'm hungry tonight, but not ravenous, and I will definitely be looking forward to my up day tomorrow.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:45 AM   #145

Ah, I missed that Mini! I am so glad it is going better now. I think a couple of days was very wise, that was very, very little food you had been eating.

Hope kickboxing was fun Skyesmom.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:11 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ninthmuse
Stats: weight is low, low, low!!
WOE: juddd
Start Date: 9th june 2012
still not made the jump but . . . .

a quick post before i am off for my fundraising weekend. hope you're doing well mini and i see all the other juddders are all good.
i was down again today - i think it was a bit of residual water retention so i was happy. as it is a weekend away i have been cooking food up in advance and am taking it in a coolbox. i know i'm a bit of a fraud being on the juddd threads but i didn't want to hop to the p3 one only to have to come back.
dh wants to start juddding monday so it looks like a good place to start. he's looking forward to it and by then i will have introduced more foods back in so my system won't have a big shock when it's getting carbs again.
i hope you all have a great weekend and i will catch up on monday! debs
ninthmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:09 AM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/136/124 5'3"
WOE: LC JUDDD
Hi everyone!

It's been great to read through this thread - a great mix of new JUDDDers and seasoned JUDDDers experiences! I'd spent a little time lurking and reading up on all the info and FAQs, decided yesterday to unlurk and duly registered

I'm on day 5 today, an up day, it's going well so far and i swear i've already shrunk a wee bit...
FairyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:12 PM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome, FairyWren! Day 5 is fantastic! They fly by after this. Enjoy. We'll look forward to your thoughts.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:15 PM   #149
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi all --

Enjoying my up day munching! I think I'm on track now -- I'll be doing this low carb for the first few weeks. I already dropped a lot of the bloat from the refeed days, which is encouraging (I'm not weighing, but I can feel it in my body).

I think the refeed was the right thing to do -- I was just too depleted to go into any further caloric restriction without replenishing first -- and whatever uptick in weight I had from the refeed will come off along with the remaining weight, in time.

I'll start weighing in a few days, just so I have some idea of what the scale is doing, bounces and all. I'll be doing a lot of weight training this summer, so I am not expecting a lot of scale losses at any rate -- but I can get a little scale phobic if I don't have some kind of reality check on that front.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:45 PM   #150
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Henush
Stats: 220
WOE: JUDDD/Fast-5
Start Date: Restart - September 2013
Hi all,

Didn't realize there was a special June newbie thread, but here I am (if a bit belated). I started 5/22, and lovin' it! Really feeling better about my relationship with food, not obsessing about my clothes (which are getting looser..)

I have no experience at all with hcg, but from what I read as I zoomed thru this thread, it sounds like I did it accidentally in pregnancy, when I lost over 20 lb in the first trimester (NOT intentionally - I had hyperemesis gravidarum) I always said it was the best diet I ever did...though I was totally dehydrated, couldn't keep anything down, not even water, and ended up on IV for a while. Needless to say, I gained my weight back in the last trimester (and then some!), and here I am...

Love JUDDD!
Tova
Henush is offline   Reply With Quote