Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2012, 05:21 AM   #91
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/114.8/128 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD - 1/1/12 + intermittent LCHF
Oh Tanya! I am so sorry about your Rocky! But I am glad he is beyond suffering now. Been there. Still getting over it.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2012, 05:38 AM   #92
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
Tanya I'm so sorry about Rocky.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:44 AM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Tanya, ahhhhh, godspeed and safe travels to Rocky. So sorry for you. We can all rub our dogs' ears today and send the love to Rocky. Not the same, I know, but all we can do is throw love your way, and his.
Joyjoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:04 AM   #94

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/118.4/118 5'3.75"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Well, another DD done, another lb gone! I am amazed that I have lost every day this week!!! I hope it continues. I think now that I am down to my normal adult weight I might just hang around here, but I hope not. I have some more pounds to shed LOL!!! Here is to my UD today!!!

I went a little crazy on my UDs this week. It was so freeing to be able to eat "whatever I wanted" and I ran with it! Still lost, so all is good. I mainly eat low carb, and intend on eating that way 90% of the time. If I can eat "junk" 10% of the time and lose I am good!!!!

Have a great Saturday!!
Old 06-09-2012, 03:26 PM   #95
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: minimonkey
Stats: 5'0" -- very small frame
WOE: Clean eating, whole foods
Katie --

I am so sorry about your dog!!! There really are no words to describe that pain -- makes me tear up just thinking about it. Losing a pet really is losing a family member -- my heart goes out to you.

Dawn!!! My goodness, this plan is working wonderfully for you!!!! I am so glad you decided to give it a try!

Tomorrow will be my first JUDDD day .... and thank goodness for it. I am going to do my best to really follow the plan, and trust that it will work. I'm supposed to start with an up day, right?

I'm on the fence about what to do about carbs.... right now, I have full glycogen stores, because I've been eating a lot of fruit on the cleanse... and part of me thinks I'd like to try keeping the carb counts a bit higher rather than going low-carb again right away. Like Dawn, I also didn't do a proper p2, so I am not overly concerned about doing a truly proper p3 either.

I think I will give it a try with the carbs included (fruit, eventually other carbs) and see if it works for my body. I'll be staying mostly grain free for now, though I would like to be able to add some in later down the road -- and I think I will stay dairy free for a while, since my body seems to do better without it (much to my dismay!)

I do plan to include flax fairly soon, though -- and coconut and almond flour. Maybe down the road I can include some real grains in the mix.

My ideal diet, if I could eat anything in the world with no repercussions, would be healthy, clean foods -- including whole grains, fruit, and some dairy. I have no desire to eat junk -- it has been so long that I've lost my taste for that stuff entirely.

8/28:128.6 .... 10/7 118.4 ....10/20: 115.8
minimonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 03:34 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mcneilnomore
Stats: 309/305/150
WOE: moderate carbs and calories
Start Date: 3/10/14
Katiebubb, I am so sorry for your loss. We lost our companion of 16 1/2 years and I know we will always miss her. My heart is with your family.
mcneilnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #97

Mini,

I have totaled my weight loss for the week and I am down 4.2 lbs That is with my eat whatever attitude on the UDs. I could not be happier Looking forward to next week.
dawnyama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Showcats
Stats: 193/168.6/150 5'6" Age 48
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 4/1/12 (177.8)
Tanya, so sorry to her about Rocky. My oldest dog is 15 1/2 and can't imagine losing her.

to all the newbies. You will find this to be the most helpful and supportive group of people ever!
Showcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:17 PM   #99
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kreisherk
Stats: 199/188.5/150
WOE: JUDDD along with controlled carbs for now
Start Date: May 2012
I'm checking in. This is my third day into JUDDD and had my first DD yesterday. Wasn't horrible, but I was irritable by the evening. Of course what soothed that was sleep and 1 1/2 lbs. down today. I'm not getting too excited because I always seem to go down a few pounds in the first couple days of every diet I've ever done, but will try to keep a positive attitude by continuing forward and sticking to the plan. I wish everyone success on their journey's as well.
kreisherk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:14 PM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Lower Carb/JUDDD
thank you everyone about my Rocky!

I do need to apologize as this was suppose to have been posted in the june chat thread. I mixed up titles!!!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:36 AM   #101
Big Yapper!!!!

Katie -- no worries about the thread mixup. I prefer threads where people actually share their lives as well as their diets, personally -- and you clearly had some very sympathetic ears here.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:42 AM   #102
Big Yapper!!!!

Dawn -- I am ABSOUTELY THRILLED for you! After all that struggling with hcg, this is a huge move in the right direction! I so hope it continues

I also hope I can do half as well as you are doing on this!

I start tomorrow, and I guess I will jump right in with an up day, though I admit the thought scares me a bit. Today was a medium day for me -- the last day of my p2 transition, and I introduced protein and more coconut oil to my veggie/fruit mix -- came in around 1200 calories I think.

I honestly wasn't much hungry at all today, which is interesting. I think my body has gotten used to cleansing, and is still rather in that mode. I felt perfectly well fed on the 1200 calories -- that's unusual for me when I am not dosing.

In a weird sort of way, it is nice to be starting this above goal -- I don't feel there is as much at stake, and so am a little more relaxed about the whole thing.

I do plan to contine eating tons of veggies -- they are good for me, very filling, and I love them.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:13 PM   #103
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, I jumped in with both feet after all -- I'm going straight JUDDD, no p3, no restriction on dairy -- I had carbs and dairy with my first meal (a banana, honey greek yogurt, and more). I was very hungry by the time I ate (around 2 pm) and I don't think I'll have any trouble hitting my UD calories today.

We'll see if I can handle this -- I certainly hope I can -- and that my body can.

I need the psychological break from dieting -- and I really don't mind the alternating down days if I can have total freedom on the up days (within my calorie limit, that is).

It is time to nourish and replenish my body -- starting up the supplements in earnest today, and hitting the gym this week too

I may, or may not, weigh after tomorrow's down day -- I stayed off the scale this morning. Since I'll be doing some serious weight training, I am going to try not to place too much importance on what the scale says, and focus more on how my body looks and feels ... the scale jumps around a lot when I am training hard, and I can't wait to get back to that!!!! Muscles, baby, muscles -- I am about to build me some more of 'em!
Old 06-10-2012, 02:33 PM   #104

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Be gentle with yourself. JUDDD is not about any one day, or any one meal.

Expect weight gains and losses, the scale, she bounces. You are a beautiful, fit, healthy woman, and you are changing your eating style. There will be changes in your weight. Be ready and be kind to yourself.

I cannot tell you how lovely it is to maintain with JUDDD. But please, please, please be patient while you metabolism adjusts.

We are with you all the way. I have a feeling that this is going to be such a joy for you.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:02 AM   #105
Big Yapper!!!!

Great advice Kissa, and I hear you loud and clear! Thank you for the kind words I am tired of fighting -- tired of dieting -- and I need to find a sustainable way to coexist with my body's needs.

I'm expecting some ups and downs, and am just going to stay off the scale for a bit and roll with the plan. I am certainly willing to give this a real chance to work for me, and I know the first bit is a roller coaster ride for most people.

I came in a bit high on my UD calories today I think (I wasn't measuring portions, but I kept a loose tally), but the JUDDD website emphasized that it is important to eat at least your up day calories during the induction period, and that more is okay if you aren't eating past your hunger level, which I didn't. Coming off of p2, I was hungry -- and I was active all day -- no formal workout, but I was in motion for the vast majority of my waking hours (as I typically am).

I do plan to be super diligent with the down day numbers -- and I am jumping right into the lowest of the WLM down day figures... I'm totally prepared to do that -- at least I hope I am. I've thought this through a lot over the last few weeks, and this really seems like the right thing to be doing at the moment.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:25 AM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ninthmuse
Stats: weight is low, low, low!!
WOE: juddd
Start Date: 9th june 2012
neither did i!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
ninthmuse

I did NOT do P2 properly--cheated the whole dang time!! So don't do as I do. IF you have done a proper protocol P2, then follow it up with a protocol P3. I think that is best for everyone. Currently, I am doing my UDs as anything goes and I am losing!! But I am only in my first week of JUDDD. So I don't know if this will continue or not. For all I know I have just jinxed myself LOL. However, I have been diet fatigued for so long that I am just going with what I want to do. What I want to do is a "normal, regular day" alternating with a P2 day. So I have my 500 calories hcg style down day altering with whatever I am wanting to eat, carbs and all. But I don't eat that many carbs to begin with. I don't do breads or potatoes on any regular basis. I mostly eat low carb with a sweet treat thrown in.
no, i didn't either. i have forgone most of the allowances and have had coffee lattes with 1% (about 4 a day) although i have still lost. i don't know why but i didn't get the hunger quitting on me like i did before. i think i can safely say that apart from the losses it's been disastrous and not a little weird!!

i just posted on the newbies thread and said that i was on day 2 of p2 w/o hcg but am going only 48 hours and have already had to have extra protein due to extreme hunger. down days will be nothing compared to this!

i so admire you and mini - i haven't the guts to go so rogue on p3 but i am tempted i must admit. interestingly i was reading the p3 part of simeons protocol and i have come to realise that what he says there can be interpreted different ways. he says (paraphrasing) that as long as you don't get into sugar and starch then you can be more liberal with the fats. so i am thinking that if you aren't - on some days - as liberal with the fats maybe you can have more of the carbs i must admit where i was steadfastly thinking clean p3 juddd style i have now started to think maybe not especially since i see you are losing so well. i think i will experiment and keep you posted.

and another musing: simeons didn't really perfect his diet and maybe that's why the p3/p4 goes out of control another ?

i am reading progression with interest! debs
ninthmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:37 AM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Ninthmuse, we love the New forest, always mean to spend more time there, but with homes in London and Devon it never seems to happen.
me too kissa!! which is good since i live here, although we are planning to move north of brighton to a rural location as soon as we can.
we have a log cabin in the garden does that count as a secondhome?? and i love devon - my df's family came from kingsbridge, totnes and newton ferrers. why would you come to the new forest if you could go to devon. and i love, love, love london - many moons since i lived there but i got out when i blew my nose and realised what was coming out was black!! sorry for the graphic description.
i suspect that with the congestion charges and so many hybrid and electric cars it is much better now but way out of my price range unfortunately otherwise - and in contradiction to moving to a rural location- i'd be back like a shot! debs
Old 06-11-2012, 02:50 AM   #108
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, we'll see how this goes, lol! I think I am just at the end of my hcg rope right now, and ready to try something entirely new - hence the total switch to JUDDD. If I can lose on this plan, even slowly, I am willing to do that to goal -- the maintenance plan seems incredibly sustainable long term.

I've done low carb for years at a time, and I don't mind living that way -- but the idea of actually eating carbs, for a while, is enticing -- and others have done extremely well with this plan, carbs and all.

I honestly think I did some damage to my metabolism with all the low calorie dieting I did in the past year, and maybe shaking things up dramatically with the carb and calorie cycling will be helpful in repairing that ... I don't know, but I am willing to give it a try. I'm at a point where gaining a little bit isn't going to be the end of the world -- it might make me grumpy, but it certainly won't destroy my world... and I am willing to take some risks in the hopes of making progress in the long run.

At the very least, I'll be busting my booty in the gym, and packing some more muscles onto this little body of mine -- and that will be incredibly satisfying. I really, really missed my workouts, and I can't wait to get lifting heavy again!!!

An awful lot of former hcg-ers have switched to JUDDD, and many of them have done extremely well with it (a few have found it didn't work out for them) -- I figure I owe it to myself to give it an honest chance to work, and that means really working the plan for a few weeks and seeing how it goes.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:07 AM   #109

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthmuse View Post
me too kissa!! which is good since i live here, although we are planning to move north of brighton to a rural location as soon as we can.
we have a log cabin in the garden does that count as a secondhome?? and i love devon - my df's family came from kingsbridge, totnes and newton ferrers. why would you come to the new forest if you could go to devon. and i love, love, love london - many moons since i lived there but i got out when i blew my nose and realised what was coming out was black!! sorry for the graphic description.
i suspect that with the congestion charges and so many hybrid and electric cars it is much better now but way out of my price range unfortunately otherwise - and in contradiction to moving to a rural location- i'd be back like a shot! debs
Lol, I am lucky as I live on Hampstead Heath, and having lived in HK and Bombay back in the day London air seems fresh.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:27 AM   #110
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Tanya sorry about your loss!!!!!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:37 AM   #111
Senior LCF Member

minimonkey the brave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimonkey View Post
Well, we'll see how this goes, lol! I think I am just at the end of my hcg rope right now, and ready to try something entirely new - hence the total switch to JUDDD. If I can lose on this plan, even slowly, I am willing to do that to goal -- the maintenance plan seems incredibly sustainable long term.

I've done low carb for years at a time, and I don't mind living that way -- but the idea of actually eating carbs, for a while, is enticing -- and others have done extremely well with this plan, carbs and all.

I honestly think I did some damage to my metabolism with all the low calorie dieting I did in the past year, and maybe shaking things up dramatically with the carb and calorie cycling will be helpful in repairing that ... I don't know, but I am willing to give it a try. I'm at a point where gaining a little bit isn't going to be the end of the world -- it might make me grumpy, but it certainly won't destroy my world... and I am willing to take some risks in the hopes of making progress in the long run.

At the very least, I'll be busting my booty in the gym, and packing some more muscles onto this little body of mine -- and that will be incredibly satisfying. I really, really missed my workouts, and I can't wait to get lifting heavy again!!!

An awful lot of former hcg-ers have switched to JUDDD, and many of them have done extremely well with it (a few have found it didn't work out for them) -- I figure I owe it to myself to give it an honest chance to work, and that means really working the plan for a few weeks and seeing how it goes.
have to say i agree with the messed up metab. i feel a little that way too and i agree with others who have switched when they say that they don't actually believe the hypothalamus resets. i don't think mine did!

i love your guns, they are impressive. you look to be in good shape. i am a marathon runner myself so aerobic as opposed to 'an'!! i used to get so bored but all exercise is addictive once you get into it. i'm starting to train for another marathon next year (did london twice - fancy changing it up this time) but need to get some energy back. debs
Old 06-11-2012, 07:34 AM   #112
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jabbok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebubb View Post
Hi all! Just popping in to say.....I am still around. Was reading posts but not been in the mood to post much. Been a miserable week. My 12 year old puppy Rocky got sick and died. It really hit us all hard. He grew up with the kids and was just the best dog we ever had! Gosh I miss him!! Its so weird not coming home and yelling Rocky road, and not be greeted with barks and tail wagging! I keep telling myself, hes better now. But I so wish I could rub his ears one more time! I look forward to the rainbow bridge!

Well back to our lives now, softball tournament this weekend. Just finished up making 10lbs of cabbage and noodles to donate. Its our organizations tourney, so we all donate to earn money for this one!! Hubby and daughter already left. I am leaving in about 20 mins. I need to go to the bank and stop and grab paper bowls that I forgot last night, before I make it to the fields. Lucky for us, its only 20 mins away! I love home tourney's!!!

Have a great day all!! I will post more laters!!!
sorry about your dog it is hard to lose a pet.
jabbok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:43 AM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mcneilnomore
Stats: 309/305/150
WOE: moderate carbs and calories
Start Date: 3/10/14
I have officially ended my first week with a five pound weight loss. Gee, that feels good. My dream would be to lose at least three pounds this week because I am just coming off of TOM and sure I am carrying some extra water weight and then I would love to lose 2 lbs. a week.

I gave up on trying to drink shakes only during the first two weeks of down days. I drank one for breakfast yesterday and filled the rest of my calories with veggies, fruit, and a little couscous and I was very barely hungry. I even watched the food channel without going nuts. I think, for me, filling up with lots of veggies and some fruit is the best way for me to get through my down days.

We recently started raising our own chickens for eggs and meat and yesterday was our first "harvesting" day. It was not a great day but I will be having super fresh chicken for dinner tonight.

Glad to see how well everyone is doing. I'm sorry I don't comment more but the hcg speak has me baffled.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:04 AM   #114

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
Jennifer, I've been here for 6 months and the hcg speak has me baffled too. That's just a small segment of our JUDDD population. Don't hesitate to post more often. We need all kinds of input! WTG on 5 lbs!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:12 AM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimonkey View Post
Great advice Kissa, and I hear you loud and clear! Thank you for the kind words I am tired of fighting -- tired of dieting -- and I need to find a sustainable way to coexist with my body's needs.

I do plan to be super diligent with the down day numbers -- and I am jumping right into the lowest of the WLM down day figures... I'm totally prepared to do that -- at least I hope I am. I've thought this through a lot over the last few weeks, and this really seems like the right thing to be doing at the moment.
Girl you and me both I have been on and off hcg for 3 years and just tired of the whole diet thing altogether. I want to get off this crazy ride and I think this is it!! I am eating normally, which is what I have wanted to do all the time. I really don't mind staying low carb most of the time with an occasional treat thrown in, but not worrying about food has been wonderful!!! I know you will find it freeing too!!
dawnyama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:09 PM   #116
Senior LCF Member

blind as a bat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
ninthmuse.

We had a reply from Dr J about exactly that question. You will find it in the stickies at the top of JUDDD.

Even this reply is still somewhat ambivalent. If you are close to goal I, and many here, strongly recommend you start off using the numbers as given until you reach goal.

I see you are basically at goal but would still suggest you tread gently.

However, many of us do find we can add UD and even DD calories in maintenance. I wouldn't try to run before you can walk, if you get my drift. 'Normal calories' is something many of us who have wrecked our metabolisms over the years may never understand.
after very kindly scribbling to me what do i do? miss it completely!! blame the lack of food! thanks for this kissa - i will go to the stickie and have a gander. i will most certainly follow your advice and tread gently. i had a miserable - and i do mean miserable - day today, sorry to be a moaning minnie
i was so hungy even after an extra protein meal, ended up with a massive headache and had to eat an extra two portions of protein this evening just to stay this side of sane!
tomorrow is another day and i will be having eggs and bacon in the morning but it seems like a lifetime away and quite frankly even eggs and bacon is making me feel quite nauseous! hopefully a goodnight's sleep will put paid to this headache.
right, i'm off sticky hunting! debs
Old 06-11-2012, 01:13 PM   #117
Senior LCF Member

i'm impressed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
Mini,

I have totaled my weight loss for the week and I am down 4.2 lbs That is with my eat whatever attitude on the UDs. I could not be happier Looking forward to next week.
wow that's blinking brilliant dawn - and this is coming out of a rogue p2 and not doing a full on p3?

big ups!! debs
Old 06-11-2012, 01:24 PM   #118
Big Yapper!!!!

McNeil! Whoohoo on the great losses!

Sorry about all the hcg speak -- so many of us are coming off that plan that it does get a little out of hand sometimes.

I don't know how you farming types do it -- though I respect people who raise their own food... I'd love to have chickens for eggs, if I had the space, but I couldn't eat them -- of course, this is coming from someone who rescues wounded pigeons, lol!
Old 06-11-2012, 01:35 PM   #119
Big Yapper!!!!

Muse -- thanks, about the 'guns' I've put on a little more mass in the upper body since that photo, and I am at about the same weight now as I was then. Overall, I am in good shape -- just have some stubborn lower body fat that I want to shake, and I prefer myself very lean. I am blessed with a body that builds muscle easily, and a mind that appreciates muscular women.

I can get into cardio when I do it regularly, but I prefer weight training in general. Good HIIT/interval cardio I enjoy -- steady state does nothing for me.... I have one of those bodies that adapts to cardio very fast, and it takes heroic efforts to raise my heart rate at that point.

I'm hoping to get into a groove of doing weights three days a week, and two days of interval cardio interspersed in there -- that seems to be a good balance for me, as long as I don't go too gonzo with the muscle work during cardio, and end up undoing my progress by overtraining (which I am inclined towards doing.) I tend to forget how important rest and recovery is during times of muscularly-intense training.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:42 PM   #120
Big Yapper!!!!

Today is my first down day -- I ate my one meal when I woke up, and will just be doing non-calorie liquids from here on in. I am a breakfast gal (though breakfast happened at 1 pm, since I slept in!) -- if I have a meal early, I am generally ok for the rest of the day. If I don't, I tend to get grumpy.

So... today's fare was 2 eggs, beaten with a little defatted coconut milk and unsweetened cocoa powder and microwaved (yummy chocolate cake thing!) topped with a banana and walden farms chocolate syrup. That comes to about 350 calories, all told -- and that's it for the day.

If I can hold off eating until about the same time tomorrow, I'll get a nice little bit of intermittent fasting action in, too I got into a good groove with IF a couple of years ago. It didn't net me any losses, because I was eating a lot during my eating periods, but I did enjoy it.

Wishing you all a good day!!!