Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2012, 03:07 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mcneilnomore
Stats: 309/305/150
WOE: moderate carbs and calories
Start Date: 3/10/14
Day Three and checking in. I am on my second DD and feeling really good. Much better than my first DD. I drank my protein shake with chia in it this morning and I think that really helped satiate. I am still hungry but it's in the background. I also started taking the diatomaceous earth last night which I found oddly tasty. I'm just getting crazy these days. I still have one shake to go and will have a cup of broth later on if I need it. How is everyone doing????

I am fascinated by Hcg. I looked into it here at a medical weight loss center but it was crazy expensive. $375 for the first appointment and $285 for each monthly refill of hcg. My jaw fell onto my desk when I saw that. I have so much to lose that it would cost a fortune. Youch! I wish I could afford it and I'm not taking it off the table for the future but I thought I'd give JUDDD a shot first.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #62
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcneilnomore View Post
Day Three and checking in. I am on my second DD and feeling really good. Much better than my first DD. I drank my protein shake with chia in it this morning and I think that really helped satiate. I am still hungry but it's in the background. I also started taking the diatomaceous earth last night which I found oddly tasty. I'm just getting crazy these days. I still have one shake to go and will have a cup of broth later on if I need it. How is everyone doing????

I am fascinated by Hcg. I looked into it here at a medical weight loss center but it was crazy expensive. $375 for the first appointment and $285 for each monthly refill of hcg. My jaw fell onto my desk when I saw that. I have so much to lose that it would cost a fortune. Youch! I wish I could afford it and I'm not taking it off the table for the future but I thought I'd give JUDDD a shot first.

I lost what I needed to lose on homeopathic hcg for less than $100 total. No clinic required!! It took me 3 rounds and not quite a year. It works, it really does
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:39 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
I lost what I needed to lose on homeopathic hcg for less than $100 total. No clinic required!! It took me 3 rounds and not quite a year. It works, it really does
That is incredible!
mcneilnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:44 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

My down day yesterday was not a great day. I had my three protein shakes and chicken broth so I followed my plan real well except....I added 2 T. chia to two shakes. I should have checked the package first because I had no idea there were so many calories! 240 extra calories in chia seeds. Yikes. I loved the chia in my shakes so I will try subbing out one shake so I can try making a chia pudding with one of the shakes. Live and Learn. I'm just proud that I learned that last night and was able to keep on plan. No thinking "well, I guess I blew it, time to eat". Nope, not me. I just shook it off and didn't eat anything. Small victory, but a victory none the less.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:54 AM   #65

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Don't let that get you down, aren't chia seeds very high in fibre? Well done on sticking to plan and not allowing yourself to go mad.

You will do fine, just put it down to experience. A victory indeed.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:58 AM   #66
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
Jennifer, that is not a small victory, it's a huge one! Very happy for you!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:56 AM   #67

My DD was yesterday and I did not eat!!! I was so full from my UD the day before that I could not even think of eating anything. I nibbled on some coconut treats I made because I made them for the first time. I was making them for my UDs in fact LOL. They came out great!! But I am very surprised I didn't even want to eat. I did have coffee, but only 2 cups not my normal 3. So I consider that a huge plus!!! Onto my UD today. Oh, and my last UD day I ate out twice and at a lot of food (and it was NOT lowcarb, what I am used to eating) and I am down on the scales today!!! I was shocked because I ate a lot of food Tuesday. And it was fabulous!!! I have gone out to eat in the very recent past and felt so guilty for eating stuff I was not supposed to. But with JUDDD since nothing is off limits it was so freeing. It was incredible to tell my DH for the first time in years "Let's eat wherever tonight". He was surprised and kept asking me "can you have that?" Especially as I ate the potato pancake and then had dessert afterwards LOL. We ended up going to a German buffet. It was wonderful seeing his face light up like that. Anyhow, I know it won't be like this forever as I am expecting the scale to go up AND down, but I am quite impressed with my results so far!!!!!

Last edited by dawnyama; 06-07-2012 at 11:09 AM..
Old 06-07-2012, 11:02 AM   #68
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jabbok
Quote:
My DD was yesterday and I did not eat!!! I was so full from my UD the day before that I could not even think of eating anything. I nibbled on some coconut treats I made because I made them for the first time. I was making them for my UDs in fact LOL. They came out great!! But I am very surprised I didn't even want to eat. I did have coffee, but only 2 cups not my normal 3. So I consider that a huge plus!!! Onto my UD today. Oh, and my last UD day I ate out twice and at a lot of food (and it was NOT lowcarb, what I am used to eating) and I am down on the scales today!!! I was shocked because I ate a lot of food Tuesday. And it was fabulous!!! I have gone out to eat in the very recent past and felt so guilty for eating stuff I was not supposed to. But with JUDDD since nothing is off limits it was so freeing. It was incredible to tell my DH for the first time in years "Let's eat wherever tonight". He was surprised and kept asking me "can you have that?" Especially as I ate the potato pancake LOL. It was wonderful seeing his face light up like that. Anyhow, I know it won't be like this forever but I am quite impressed with my results so far!!!!!
that is good Dawn I think your body is relieved too from too much hcg and I am happy that you are having good results with juddd.
jabbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:04 AM   #69

Cindy-you are doing well yourself girl
Old 06-07-2012, 11:07 AM   #70

Lovely Dawnyama! It is one of best things about JUDDD, not having to impose our choice of restaurant on family and friends.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:01 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ninthmuse
Stats: weight is low, low, low!!
WOE: juddd
Start Date: 9th june 2012
new to juddd and old to lcf

hi - another newbie to juddd jumping on here - i read the sticky and have the book so am prepped and ready.

dawn might remember me from a couple of years ago when i did hcg but i never stabilised well in the maintenance phase which seems to happen to a lot of us. just finishing off another p2 round though with hcg patches - it's gone really well but i always intended to switch to judd when in p3. i have 2 questions though, anyone here do the switch in p3 to juddd?
and also, in the book i read that on an ud you can eat what you want although i read that people stick to the upper limit of their rmr? so which is it? i am intending on just maintaining on p3 and then going into wlm when i can start adding more carbs in.

was that a bit too much for a first post here?

should warn you that ocasionally i go awol as i work on disaster relief so can be on call and off to places with no/little wifi but will check in whenever i can!

any help i can get in the meantime gratefully accepted!
ninthmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:07 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthmuse View Post
hi - another newbie to juddd jumping on here - i read the sticky and have the book so am prepped and ready.

dawn might remember me from a couple of years ago when i did hcg but i never stabilised well in the maintenance phase which seems to happen to a lot of us. just finishing off another p2 round though with hcg patches - it's gone really well but i always intended to switch to judd when in p3. i have 2 questions though, anyone here do the switch in p3 to juddd?
and also, in the book i read that on an ud you can eat what you want although i read that people stick to the upper limit of their rmr? so which is it? i am intending on just maintaining on p3 and then going into wlm when i can start adding more carbs in.

was that a bit too much for a first post here?

should warn you that ocasionally i go awol as i work on disaster relief so can be on call and off to places with no/little wifi but will check in whenever i can!

any help i can get in the meantime gratefully accepted!
I do remember you!! I am starting JUDDD after coming off yet another failed round of hcg, so I have just jumped in. I figured I didn't do a proper P2, so why do a proper P3? No LDW to stick to I have done well, but am only 3 days in. So far, I have stuck to the 500 calories on DDs (so easy thanks to hcg ) and not counting on UDs. I have lost weight doing it that way. I do know that eventually I will need to count on the UDs, but I am dieted out right now and know that counting everything will just send me over the edge I am giving it another week and then will start looking at my UD numbers. I have always counseled others who make the switch from hcg to JUDDD to do a proper P3. You don't (well, I know I don't ) want to be gaining in P3. And that would be my fear with the DDs. However, since I didn't follow my own advice I hope someone can come in and advise you on that. Best of luck to you!!

Oh, I think I remember a response to the "when to start JUDDD after hcg". There is a thread on that in this forum somewhere. But it was suggested to do P3 for 2 weeks and if you are stable and not needing a CD then you can do JUDDD. But it was recommended to do P3 for at least 2 weeks.

Last edited by dawnyama; 06-07-2012 at 12:23 PM..
Old 06-07-2012, 12:17 PM   #73

ninthmuse.

We had a reply from Dr J about exactly that question. You will find it in the stickies at the top of JUDDD.

Even this reply is still somewhat ambivalent. If you are close to goal I, and many here, strongly recommend you start off using the numbers as given until you reach goal.

I see you are basically at goal but would still suggest you tread gently.

However, many of us do find we can add UD and even DD calories in maintenance. I wouldn't try to run before you can walk, if you get my drift. 'Normal calories' is something many of us who have wrecked our metabolisms over the years may never understand.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

Last edited by Kissa; 06-07-2012 at 12:18 PM..
Old 06-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #74

And we are loving your progress.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:17 PM   #75
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kreisherk
Stats: 199/188.5/150
WOE: JUDDD along with controlled carbs for now
Start Date: May 2012
Hi everyone. I already introduced myself in the introduction thread so you may want to pop there if you feel you need to know about ME. haha Anyway, this is my first day and have never heard of or attempted this WOE before. I was doing Atkins prior to this. I've done the homework and am ready to tackle this. Looking forward to all of your comments and suggestions as well as offer my own as time goes by.
kreisherk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:00 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heather
Stats: 175.8/169.0/cute
WOE: JUDDD 1658/332
Start Date: Restart 6/27/14 - Loss: 6.8 lbs
OOPS! I already posted in Intro Thread - I didn't see this June one.

.......sooo won't repeat it all here.

I started yesterday on my first DD. I was down 2 lbs. today.
I JUDDD already
I've read everything on it, and I totally get it. I think this will work for me. I'll begin posting my progress in the June stats thread.

Heather

February - lost 12 - 1,000 calorie low-fat diet
March - lost 6.6 - 1,000 calorie low-fat diet
April - lost 6.6 - 1,000 calorie low-fat diet
May - lost 0 - Atkins
June - Day 1: lost 2 - JUDDD
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:46 AM   #77

You did it right, introduce yourselves in the Sticky thread then join the new June JUDDDers here!

Lovely to see you doing such great work and enjoying our wonderful JUDDD way of life. Pop in often and ask lots of questions. Good to have you with us.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:38 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ninthmuse
Stats: weight is low, low, low!!
WOE: juddd
Start Date: 9th june 2012
Quote:
I do remember you!! I am starting JUDDD after coming off yet another failed round of hcg, so I have just jumped in. I figured I didn't do a proper P2, so why do a proper P3? No LDW to stick to I have done well, but am only 3 days in. So far, I have stuck to the 500 calories on DDs (so easy thanks to hcg ) and not counting on UDs. I have lost weight doing it that way. I do know that eventually I will need to count on the UDs, but I am dieted out right now and know that counting everything will just send me over the edge I am giving it another week and then will start looking at my UD numbers. I have always counseled others who make the switch from hcg to JUDDD to do a proper P3. You don't (well, I know I don't ) want to be gaining in P3. And that would be my fear with the DDs. However, since I didn't follow my own advice I hope someone can come in and advise you on that. Best of luck to you!!

Oh, I think I remember a response to the "when to start JUDDD after hcg". There is a thread on that in this forum somewhere. But it was suggested to do P3 for 2 weeks and if you are stable and not needing a CD then you can do JUDDD. But it was recommended to do P3 for at least 2 weeks.
thanks for the welcome and the good luck wishes, and thanks for remembering me dawn! so dawn, my next question to you would be: now that you are juddding in p3 are you eating p3 style or are you right in there mixing it up with the carbs? and if you are - did you add them in slowly? and listen, i know everyone does their own thing so i'm not just going to do it 'cos dawn said i could'!! i am totally on the fence at the moment. all i know is my p3 back a couple of years ago was a cd nightmare and i would rather be in control this time so this woe looks a doddle especially since you quite rightly mention that we are used to the 500cal!!
i am going sticky hunting - thanks for what you said though, it rings so true with how i feel about hcg, great losses but . . . . dxx

Last edited by ninthmuse; 06-08-2012 at 10:38 AM.. Reason: typo
ninthmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:45 AM   #79

ninthmuse

I did NOT do P2 properly--cheated the whole dang time!! So don't do as I do. IF you have done a proper protocol P2, then follow it up with a protocol P3. I think that is best for everyone. Currently, I am doing my UDs as anything goes and I am losing!! But I am only in my first week of JUDDD. So I don't know if this will continue or not. For all I know I have just jinxed myself LOL. However, I have been diet fatigued for so long that I am just going with what I want to do. What I want to do is a "normal, regular day" alternating with a P2 day. So I have my 500 calories hcg style down day altering with whatever I am wanting to eat, carbs and all. But I don't eat that many carbs to begin with. I don't do breads or potatoes on any regular basis. I mostly eat low carb with a sweet treat thrown in.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #80

Wish I could comment on HCG but I know nothing about it except what I read here.

Dawnyama, have you really only been doing this for a week? I have enjoyed your posts for so long I feel you've been doing it for ages.

Appreciate your input on the HCG, thank you.

Ninthmuse, we love the New forest, always mean to spend more time there, but with homes in London and Devon it never seems to happen.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:52 PM   #81

Cindy--yes!! Just a week. I have been posting here and there because I kept meaning to start JUDDD, but I would always say "when I am done with P2, I will switch" and then I would never be done with the P2! I was not getting anywhere with the hcg this round, so I just decided to make the leap. So glad I did. It is a very good beginning for me. I am down another pound today--and that is after an UD!! I am shocked. This DD is a little tougher than my first one because I am hungry but I have been through this before on hcg, so nothing I haven't done before. I have tea and coffee and water beside me so I can get through. I will make it, I know I will.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:04 PM   #82

Wow, I am amazed and delighted for you. I gather from what I read the 500 cal DDs can be harder than the HCG 500 cal days, partly because of the freedom of the UDs which kind of 'stretch' our stomachs and give us a taste for other foods.

You have so done your homework here, I am thrilled that you are now a true blue JUDDD BUDDD.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:39 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Hello newbies and not so newbies! I am on day five and feeling pretty good. No miracles yet, but I'll keep my fingers crossed. I do hope there will be some increase in energy and weight loss. I just started TOM so my energy and mood are already low. I wanted to follow the book exactly and drink shakes for two weeks on my down days but I can't do it. The shakes are not filling. I had some soup and fruit today along with protein drinks and I feel a little better. I love how positive everyone is and I hope I can feel like that soon. I am intimidated. I'm struggling and wonder if that's normal? I'm hungry on down days, its manageable but unpleasant. My up days haven't been as good as I would like. I have this mentality about carbs that I need to get past. I've been overeating and I think its a fast or famine mentality. Carbs have been the enemy for so long that I feel like I am cheating when I'm eating them and am not regulating myself. Tomorrow is an UD and I'm going to eat more consciously. One thing I am loving is that for the first time ever I am craving vegetables and fruit! Unheard of! Sorry for the negativity.

Last edited by mcneilnomore; 06-08-2012 at 07:40 PM..
Old 06-08-2012, 08:31 PM   #84

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Jennifer, it's very normal to have a period of adjustment with this WOE. Lots of people feel great right away, but just as many need a few weeks, or even several weeks of the rotation in before they get the good appetite suppression and general feeling of well-being. Hang in there. It WILL get better. The UDs generally sort themselves out after a while too. Lots of us go hog wild in the beginning until our brains really let it sink in that if you don't have "it" - whatever it is that day that you're just dying to have--you can have it day after tomorrow. There's never more than one day between UDs, so you don't have to stress about the cravings. I hope that makes sense.

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:48 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

It does Dawn, thank you. I've been focusing so much on the "you can eat it tomorrow" that I never thought about the day after tomorrow. Brilliant. I keep thinking that I have to fit it all in one day. I need to focus on the fact that I have lots of days that I can fit in the luxuries. Thank you so much!
Old 06-08-2012, 10:46 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimberino
Stats: 235/141 50 yo
WOE: Atkins/now JUDDD
Start Date: 3 '09 Atkins-3 '12 JUDDD
Good post Dawn and so true...I went totally nutso when I first started, cramming every "forbidden food" I could get into my mouth. And now I've found I crave the very foods I was so tired of and I eat basically moderate carbs just because I want to. The funny thing is, though, I still lost weight in the beginning. JUDDD really is magic *I still love my Big Macs though!
kimberino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:50 AM   #87

Yes Jennifer it will get easier, and you are not being negative, simply being open. This is what the boards are all about. We want to help an we can only do that if we know the issues. Enjoy the real foods on your DD, the idea of the shakes is simply for simplification. If you are prepared to count your calories carefully, as most of us chose to do, you will be surprised how much real food you can eat.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:03 AM   #88
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: minimonkey
Stats: 5'0" -- very small frame
WOE: Clean eating, whole foods
One last day of the hcg p2/cleanse transition, and then I am on JUDDD, ladies and gentlemen! I did the bare minimum p2 round, a little rogue -- and I just did a cleanse, so I am starting with a happy gut and a fresh system.

I am about ten pounds from goal, still, and I am hoping to take those off with JUDDD. If not, I'll consider another hcg round ... but right now, I am jonesing to give this a try.

The JUDDD calculator gave me 1841 calories for up days, 381 calories for down days during the induction phase -- I think that will be ok. That's based on my goal weight, and moderate exercise -- I'm resuming my workouts next week, and I train hard, so that is probably about right.

I may fast on some of my down days, and get the IF benefits in there as well -- or keep it to just veggies on those days, perhaps ... I'll see how it goes. I like fasting, so I may go that route -- we'll see.

I am planning to do the p3 rules for the most part for the next three weeks ... though I probably will have some lower glycemic fruits, and also will probably eat flax .. both of which are debatable on p3 .... but for the most part, I am sticking to the p3 rules.

I'd really love this to be the end of hcg for me ... it's done me well, but I need to move on, and I hope this is the answer. If not, I'll do the one more round to reach goal, and then use JUDDD to maintain long term.

8/28:128.6 .... 10/7 118.4 ....10/20: 115.8
minimonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:19 AM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
MDs are usually used to change the planned DD/UD rotation. You eat at (DD + UD) / 2 level. This calculation puts one DD into the high maintenance (65%) level.

I do best, and it is recommended that MD be followed by UD.

I have used the MD concept to set an upper limit when a special occasion falls on a DD. Then, I have just kept my normal rotation so the next day is UD. I have never lost big after one of those special events, and the MD may have slowed me down a teensy bit...but at the end of the week I had continued to lose.

I think special occasions should be just that, special and celebrated. The important thing is don't have one every DD.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:12 AM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Hi all! Just popping in to say.....I am still around. Was reading posts but not been in the mood to post much. Been a miserable week. My 12 year old puppy Rocky got sick and died. It really hit us all hard. He grew up with the kids and was just the best dog we ever had! Gosh I miss him!! Its so weird not coming home and yelling Rocky road, and not be greeted with barks and tail wagging! I keep telling myself, hes better now. But I so wish I could rub his ears one more time! I look forward to the rainbow bridge!

Well back to our lives now, softball tournament this weekend. Just finished up making 10lbs of cabbage and noodles to donate. Its our organizations tourney, so we all donate to earn money for this one!! Hubby and daughter already left. I am leaving in about 20 mins. I need to go to the bank and stop and grab paper bowls that I forgot last night, before I make it to the fields. Lucky for us, its only 20 mins away! I love home tourney's!!!

Have a great day all!! I will post more laters!!!

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote