Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2012, 11:57 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Buttercup204
Stats: 204/197/165
WOE: NK/JUDDD
Great plan so far! I found that when I was nursing I had to eat every two to three hours to keep my milk supply up and if I did that (small meals often) I lost and baby gained. If I ate the typical three meals a day I gained and baby lost out. Maybe my body is just weird. Plus when I was nursing I got this insatiable appetite and craved fried chicken constantly. Lol. Anyways, I would say if you nibbled your proteins and fats throughout the day that you'd have no affect on your supply as far as reducing it or causing any problems there. Just take those vitamins!! No need to lose teeth or hair to lose a few lbs.

You're lucky your hubby is joining you. That makes things easier for you! Lucky you!

-Michelle
2nd Mini-goal: 190
3rd Mini-goal: 185
4th Mini-goal: 180
5th Mini-goal: 175
6th Mini -goal: 170
Goal: 155-165 & size 8/10 or whatever weight gets rid of my wobbly bits!
Buttercup204 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2012, 09:38 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
I guess I'm not a newbie since I lurked in April and started last month. However, I gained some weight on my vacation in May and every weekend now I cannot seem to stay on a DD if it falls on weekend so my weekends end being 3 UD! I've got to get it in control! Praying that happens this weekend b/c I'll be out of town again!

I guess my goal for the month of June will be to get back to 183 which is where I was before I went on vacation. I had gotten down to 187.5 from 190.5 but each weekend it just shoots back up. I already know the summer months will be hard for me because we have so many things planned on most weekends. So...here we go! I'm gonna give it my best shot!

Natasha

BaileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:34 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mcneilnomore
Stats: 309/305/150
WOE: moderate carbs and calories
Start Date: 3/10/14
Last year I lost 50 lbs on low carb with 5 weeks of JUDDD. I got "diet fatigue" and have gained back 30 lbs. It happens everytime, I get so sick of thinking about food that I quit and when I diet, that is all I think about. I'm trying something different this time. I am on my first day of JUDDD. I'm doing the two weeks of protein shakes that are suggested by the book. I'm not counting calories and I'm not weighing daily. I know that I will need to count calories when I start eating on my down days but I'm not going to be hypervigilant. I have tried so many times to lose weight and I am sick of it. I'm not going to be my own worst enemy this time. I'm just going to do my best to eat 500 calories on my down days and use good judgment on my up days. If I stop losing weight I will consider counting my calories (and my carbs) on my up days but for now I'm going to try to trust myself not to eat mindlessly.

My first DD is going well so far. It's 10:30, I'm drinking my coffee, and I've had one protein shake that I drank with a coffee stirrer to make it last. I ordered a cross stitch kit to have something to do with my hands tonight and will plan on going to bed early.

Hope all the newbies and not-so-newbies are having a good day.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:14 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cavegirl
Stats: 230/217/140
WOE: VLC/VLCD
Start Date: March 2014
I love cooking too much to buy ready mixed stuff or shakes. So i'm trying to invent my own low calorie, low GI, low carb, high protein menu.

I'm using unsweetened soya milk in my decaff tea. I made a Cypriot breakfast dish with spices, courgette (zucchini) and 1 egg for breakfast (100cal). Had half a small advocado with lemon juice for lunch (75cal) and then will make some sort of low cal turkey curry with a small amount of brown basmati for dinner.

I'm aiming for 600-700 ish calories a day to start with as i'm nursing my 4 month old.

Will see how i get on with losses and my milk supply!
Old 06-05-2012, 06:17 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Welcome to all the newbies!!!
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:30 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Did pretty well yesterday, went a little over my 500 calories...
Old 06-05-2012, 08:44 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mcneilnomore
Stats: 309/305/150
WOE: moderate carbs and calories
Start Date: 3/10/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileysGirl View Post
Did pretty well yesterday, went a little over my 500 calories...
Me too. I had to crack open some chicken broth around dinner time. The shakes were not cutting it but I'm going to hang in there. I wasn't hungry at all this morning but I ate breakfast and now I'm starving. I had cereal so I think I need some protein. Yay up day!
mcneilnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:41 AM   #38
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Oh, yeah!!! I have been saying "I will start JUDDD soon, I will start soon". Well, soon was yesterday!!! I had my DD, followed my 2 hcg meals for the day which come to 500 calories, and weighed in this morning 2 lbs lighter!! I am very pleased. I am going out to dinner with my DH (with none of our 4 kids--what a treat!!) tonight and probably won't weigh in tomorrow. I know what eating out does for the scale and my weight. But I will be looking forward to my DD tomorrow. Here is to the first week of JUDDD..........
Old 06-05-2012, 10:13 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jilligan
Stats: Goal = 155 ~ 5'10"
Question

Ok, I've been reading about JUDDD, and am considering it. I think it will be a good fit for me. I have gained back 50 lbs after stopping hcg over a year ago. Do I just do one UD then one DD then UD and keep alternating, or a certain number of UD to DDs?
Jilligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:16 AM   #40
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilligan View Post
Ok, I've been reading about JUDDD, and am considering it. I think it will be a good fit for me. I have gained back 50 lbs after stopping hcg over a year ago. Do I just do one UD then one DD then UD and keep alternating, or a certain number of UD to DDs?
This is a good place to start and yes it is UD/DD over and over and over.

WHAT IS JUDDD? COME INSIDE AND SEE!!
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:57 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jilligan
Stats: Goal = 155 ~ 5'10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
This is a good place to start and yes it is UD/DD over and over and over.

WHAT IS JUDDD? COME INSIDE AND SEE!!
Thanks. That's what is seemed like. I guess I will make sure today is an ud and will do a dd tomorrow.
Jilligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Can someone enlighten me please?

I left this forum for a few years and come back to find so much discussion on HcG and people here discussing HcG meals? I understood that HcG was the pregnancy hormone (one i know very well as i have increased levels of it that make me very sick when pregnant). I had a quick google and couldn't fathom for the life of me how taking HcG could be a weight loss plan? Or what an HcG meal might be?

Could someone pretty please help me catch up?
Cavegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:45 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavegirl View Post
Can someone enlighten me please?

I left this forum for a few years and come back to find so much discussion on HcG and people here discussing HcG meals? I understood that HcG was the pregnancy hormone (one i know very well as i have increased levels of it that make me very sick when pregnant). I had a quick google and couldn't fathom for the life of me how taking HcG could be a weight loss plan? Or what an HcG meal might be?

Could someone pretty please help me catch up?
We have a whole forum on hcg:

HCG Diets - Low Carb Friends

It is how I lost weight, and lost very well. Now I have switched to JUDDD. The thing about hcg diet is you follow a 500 calorie plan while taking the hcg. I have carried my low calorie hcg menu plan over to the DDs on JUDDD. Not meant to confuse anyone, just letting those on hcg know what I am doing.
dawnyama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:35 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

...buffering...

(off to read that thread)

Last edited by Cavegirl; 06-05-2012 at 01:37 PM..
Old 06-05-2012, 01:55 PM   #45

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Hi Blotto, good to see you back. I have had a long weekend on UDs due to the Jubilee celebrations, back onto the straight and narrow on Thursday.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:06 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

I can't fathom the science of how HcG can help with weight loss or to reset the metabolism in any of the forums or on the internet.

I produce high levels of HcG during pregnancy and it certainly didn't ever contribute to weight loss!?!?

Obviously such low calories must lead to weight loss but it really is fascinating, so many people have lost weight this way?

I would try it myself but i really don't think it would be safe whilst breast feeding. Maybe if i am struggling to shift the last stone after i've stopped nursing i will give it a try?

And apologies for hijacking the thread with an HcG question.

I wonder if anyone has combined the two? Ie taking HcG in DD?
Old 06-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Majella
Stats: 191/183/132
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 2013
Cindy the celebrations looked like good fun everywhere but a pity it was raining in London. I will be doing my first DD tomorrow after a failed one yesterday. I was travelling a lot and find it very hard to control myself but I was still under 1500 calories and the same today. I also went for a walk today while the sun was out and just after I got home it poured down in buckets! Fingers crossed for tomorrow
Majella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:23 PM   #48

Quote:
I can't fathom the science of how HcG can help with weight loss or to reset the metabolism in any of the forums or on the internet.

I produce high levels of HcG during pregnancy and it certainly didn't ever contribute to weight loss!?!?

Obviously such low calories must lead to weight loss but it really is fascinating, so many people have lost weight this way?

I would try it myself but i really don't think it would be safe whilst breast feeding. Maybe if i am struggling to shift the last stone after i've stopped nursing i will give it a try?

And apologies for hijacking the thread with an HcG question.

I wonder if anyone has combined the two? Ie taking HcG in DD?
I lost weight in my first trimester with each of my 4 pregnancies So it worked for some of us! That is how I figured it would work for me as a diet plan. I don't understand the science of it either, but I tried it and it worked for me. I have gained the weight back....believe me it is not the miracle I thought it was. But I have been dealt some blows that have sent me screaming to the food. I have had my share of woes in the last year to last me a lifetime that would bore everyone to tears here, but I have learned that you have to be conscientious when you reach goal--maybe even more so than when you are taking off the weight Which is a shame, but makes you really appreciate the journey as a process, not an end goal to reach and be done with. I won't merge the 2 diets together--that is not how hcg is intended. And the JUDDD magic happens when you lower calories one day and up them another. Two different concepts altogether. But I hope you try hcg one day--I will say that when my weight was dropping, so was the cellulite!! Then inches are almost more incredible than the pounds. I was thrilled, and hooked I am on my way back down......

Last edited by dawnyama; 06-05-2012 at 02:25 PM..
Old 06-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Hi Blotto, good to see you back. I have had a long weekend on UDs due to the Jubilee celebrations, back onto the straight and narrow on Thursday.
Oh, what fun Cindy I would have enjoyed every minute of it too. That queen of yours is a trooper, she is Such a lovely lady.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:04 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Our street had a picnic in the Orchard and the pub had games, a bouncy castle and fancy dress! It was all Jubilee-tastic!

Managed my first DD today.

1 egg (54cals) 1 courgette(20), 3 pork ribs (250cals) and a few cashews(90cal) olive oil (60cal) 400ml unsweetened soya milk (119cals) rice cakes (120 cals). Total 713

So around what i was aiming for as a breast feeding mum but time will tell if that is around the right amount for me.

Most of the Juddd advise suggests weighing once a week after a DD, should i weigh tomorrow or weight for after a few more DD?
Old 06-05-2012, 06:13 PM   #51

Cavegirl--just curious, what is a courgette?
Old 06-05-2012, 06:58 PM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Hi all, I checked in on another thread but guess I should check in here, as well, as I'm a newbie to JUDDD...I started yesterday and must have been retaining a lot of water as I lost four pounds overnight...yep, I was up several times.

I've been on the over 50 forum for a while. Anyway, I've been lurking here for a while and finally decided it was time to take action. I've been losing and regaining the same 10 pounds so I decided to try something new...I didn't have too much trouble yesterday but found that you really have to plan the down days. I've been low carbing for a long time and really, really enjoyed the bread I had today and am looking forward to ice cream for my evening snack...Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia.

Anyway, this looks like a good place to be and I look forward to many chats with you all.

Mary in SoCal
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Alania
Stats: 195.6/185/140
Start Date: 2-3-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
Cavegirl--just curious, what is a courgette?
Not Cavegirl, but I think it is a zucchini.
Alania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #54

Thanks, Alania.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #55
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sunnycam
Hello There,

I just started JUDDD last week... so far so good... I'm just taking it one day at a time... hopefully I can shed the last 5 - 10 lbs for good!
sunnycam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:09 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Hi Dawnyama,

Yup as Alania said Courgette = zucchini. I've never thought about it before but just as a guess i'd say courgette has french etymology and zucchini has italian...but they are low carb, low calorie yumminess just the same! I made a Cypriot dish with the egg and courgette, it was delicious.

Thanks for all your info on HcG btw Dawnyama! Sounds like it works incredibly well for a lot of people. When i googled i found a rave review in Marie Claire, but that was a lady with 25lbs to loose and who had injections.

Anyway, JUDDD seems perfect for myself and my husband right now. Psychologically, it seems so much more achievable to have the "it's just one day" mantra. It gives a lot of flexibility and I feel i can sustain a little deprivation for just one day!

Weighed myself after the first DD but no loss. Wasn't expecting any after just one UD/DD cycle after weeks on LC to behonest. But I feel optimistic that i will have lost something a week from now.

Welcome and hello to all the other new Juddders. (Are there any other Brits out there who are instantly reminded of a freaky puppet "when the moon is fat"?!! hahaha)

Last edited by Cavegirl; 06-06-2012 at 12:14 AM..
Old 06-06-2012, 02:00 AM   #57

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Hi Dawnyama,

Yup as Alania said Courgette = zucchini. I've never thought about it before but just as a guess i'd say courgette has french etymology and zucchini has italian...but they are low carb, low calorie yumminess just the same! I made a Cypriot dish with the egg and courgette, it was delicious.

Thanks for all your info on HcG btw Dawnyama! Sounds like it works incredibly well for a lot of people. When i googled i found a rave review in Marie Claire, but that was a lady with 25lbs to loose and who had injections.

Anyway, JUDDD seems perfect for myself and my husband right now. Psychologically, it seems so much more achievable to have the "it's just one day" mantra. It gives a lot of flexibility and I feel i can sustain a little deprivation for just one day!

Weighed myself after the first DD but no loss. Wasn't expecting any after just one UD/DD cycle after weeks on LC to behonest. But I feel optimistic that i will have lost something a week from now.

Welcome and hello to all the other new Juddders. (Are there any other Brits out there who are instantly reminded of a freaky puppet "when the moon is fat"?!! hahaha)
Cavegirl, that sums up the 'do ability' of JUDDD perfectly. Have you found our UK JUDDD thread?

MSSarge, Sunnycam. JUDDD is a great way to lose and I am sure you will love these boards and make lots of new friends here.

Just to let you know, we all have ups and downs even while maintaining. I have had a crazy few days of eating (and drinking) for the Queen's Jubilee and after a worrying 127+ yesterday things were back to a nice 125 today, I have got used to seeing numbers beneath my 126 'goal'.

Out to lunch again today but tomorrow the rotations will be back in full swing.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:11 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Here's to hoping I stay true to this Down Day! There's always tomorrow! Have a great day everyone!

I lost 35 pounds on HCG! It's crazy but it works! (for some people)
Old 06-06-2012, 11:29 AM   #59
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jabbok
I am on day 11 I have lost 4.8 pounds I am happy with that, I came from doing hcg but couldn't stabilize in phase 3 the weight just kept going up so I decided that it was time to do juddd it is working now the scale is going down.
jabbok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:52 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rosehip
Stats: 217/194.5/145 - 5'10"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: LC Jan 2012/ JUDDD May 2012
Have a small question and feel like I am still a newbie (not yet a month on JUDDD)

A friend's birthday is on Friday and we are going there for a BBQ. Friday is also a DD for me - I am thinking a DD will be mostly manageable as I can't eat cake or treats anyway (allergic to eggs) so will stick with grilled bbq stuff.

However, I've read about people doing medium days (MD) and wondering what those are and how they fit into the rotation? Would I do UD - MD - UD again?

Any guidance greatly appreciated....JUDDDers are so helpful!!

My Blog:http://theforkleftbehind.wordpress.com
rosehip is offline   Reply With Quote