Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2012, 05:32 PM   #421
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
re: miracle noodles

You can prepare them ahead of time and reheat in the microwave.
Depending what you are making you may or may not want to dry them first.
If I'm bringing them to work I prepare the whole meal then refridgerate and nuke when needed. DDs get easier. My first few weeks were brutal (headaches, queasy, dizzy, bad attitude!) and then all of a sudden I found that I just fly through them. I think it is the JUDDD magic!
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2012, 05:39 PM   #422
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: chelly59
Stats: 211.8/199.4/175 54yrs
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: January 4, 2014
3rd day

This is my 3rd day and my second DD. So far, so good. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the scale will reflect a lower number than it did yesterday. If I see the weight loss, it will encourage me to continue. No loss, I will just - - just kidding....it will make me try harder.
chelly59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:59 PM   #423
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I'm so excited for you, Chelly! And everyone who is just starting this wonderful WOE!
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #424
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heather
Stats: 175.8/152.6/145-150
WOE: JUDDD/Potato Hack
Start Date: Restart 6/27/14 - Loss: 23.2 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyPants View Post
Hi,
I'm on my 6th official DD. It is still pretty hard but I plan to stick with this for as long as I can. I've read it gets easier and I can't wait. I'm keeping under 500 on DD. I'm feeling a wee bit nauseous during the day as I have to save most of my calories for the evening or I will not make it. I get headaches in the afternoon also.

UD's are okay so far, just have to control that feeding frenzy a bit.

I'm planning to add some of the shiratiki noodles to the broth I drink on DD's and I have a couple of questions about them.

I'm sorry for all the questions at once, but I like to get some of my meals ready ahead of time b-4 the HUNGER MONSTER ATTACKS.
--------
Meri
Hi GrannyPants, I sympathize with your HUNGER MONSTER ATTACKS. Coincidently I had a bad attack on today's DD. So I made a 2 qt shirataki and veggie soup = 193 calories and it has held me all day. I posted it on "Down Day Recipes Only" - post #800. Of course there's tons of variations - it's just broth, veggies and noodles. But I chose the lowest calorie ones - I wanted HIGH VOLUME. I'm going to try the cabbage soup at "DD or UD Recipe. It's Yummy." It looks high volume. Of course there's tons of DD recipes to choose from. When I began, I was choosing DD foods that triggered my HUNGER MONSTER; so tried to fast - neither worked for me. But high volume veggies, broth and noodles nailed it. Way under 500 too!!!

I don't think it's necessary to go through hunger and headaches. Experiment to find what works for you - just don't suffer through it.

Wonderful to have you here. Keep this up and you'll be trading your GrannyPants for a ThongBikini. Yeah, your avatar is so CUTE!!!

Window of 145-150 goal: Only 2.6 lbs. to go.

Last edited by Heather; 06-27-2012 at 06:44 PM.. Reason: typos as usual.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:07 PM   #425
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusrose63
Stats: 156/156/130 - 5'4", Age: 53
WOE: JUDDD 1900/800 or less if I can!
Start Date: JUDDD restart June 2014
Tammy, hang in there, you are gonna LOVE this WOE. Take your measurements too, though. I think it helps when the scale doesn't move as quickly as we would like.
cactusrose63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:39 PM   #426
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Welcome Grannypants!!! So many folks are coming in from outside of LCF! I think this is great! The JUDDD word is spreading!

Heather,

Your soup sounds like it would be filling. I can't live without Miracle Noodles on DD. In fact, I think that is the best down day habit I have. Somewhere, I think it was on Amazon, I saw a reviewer said that he lost all of his extra weight by substituting miracle noodles for his lunch every day. I guess he mixed it with broth and small amount of protein.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:20 PM   #427
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
Hugs and warmest welcomes to any new JUDDD BUDD!! I know I have missed so many! Best of luck to each and every one of you. No better WOE exists!....or....no better support!

Phyl
gotitnow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:25 AM   #428
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Henush
Stats: 220
WOE: JUDDD/Fast-5
Start Date: Restart - September 2013
and to chelly, star, and grannypants! As an "older newbie" (sice late May) I'm sure you'll love it here.
Henush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:03 AM   #429
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
Morning! I'm down to 187 from 190 today is an UD. So hopefully Saturday morning I'll be down another pound. Worked out Monday night on elliptical and did weights. I got a horrible heat rash/reaction to some sunscreen I've never used and felt like crap. Went to Dr yesterday she gave me a shot, looks much better today. However, didn't sleep at all last night and normally I am a sleeping machine. I took 2 Benadryl too! Sheesh! Hoping I feel like working out tonight before bed.

Have a great day all!

Last edited by BaileysGirl; 06-28-2012 at 05:07 AM..
BaileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:24 AM   #430
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/136/124 5'3"
WOE: LC JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimonkey View Post
Ladies -- I am done with Juddd, for now. I'm going back to what I KNOW works for me when I am working out, and that is straight up low carb -- high fat, high protein, eat to satisfaction. I may not lose doing this, but once I am really adjusted to it again, any gains will be muscle primarily, and I will not be hungry, miserable, or obsessive.
Mini!!!! I'm gonna miss you!! But, yes you have to do what you are happy and comfortable with. You take care

chelly and star - i'm sure you are going to love JUDDD!

I'm away from home from tomorrow morning early and will have very little internet access so will be AWOL from LCF for a few days. Don't know how the eating will pan out as i'm going to be somewhat reliant on other people being in charge - luckily one of my friends who i'm going to see to help celebrate her birthday has just lost 56lbs and still has some weight to lose - so instead of our usual cocktails followed by a slap-up meal plus dessert we're going to be eating healthy - she's cooking for us!! She wants to know all about JUDDD in readiness for maintenance, i'm taking her the book to read.

Have a great weekend everyone!
FairyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:26 AM   #431
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Fairy Wren, you too. And enjoy.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:44 AM   #432
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Hi,

I'm planning to add some of the shiratiki noodles to the broth I drink on DD's and I have a couple of questions about them.

I see you have to rinse them and par-boil them. Can I do this ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator?
About how long would they last?
Should they be dried a bit b-4 use?
If I dry them for a recipe can I store them dried?

I'm sorry for all the questions at once, but I like to get some of my meals ready ahead of time b-4 the HUNGER MONSTER ATTACKS.
--------
Meri
First of all welcome to JUDDD.

I rinse my shirataki noodles and dry them out by cooking them in a small skillet until they start making noises. I season them with garlic powder, onion powder, italian spices or whatever as I am drying them. I can then store them in a sandwich bag to take to work. I have no idea how long they will be good in the frig. The longest I have left some in a ziplock (after drying them in the skillet) is about a week and they were fine. I dry the shirataki rice to take to work to add to Progresso Light soup but only use the noodles at home.
My favorite DD lunch at work is thin sliced turkey rolled around a split dill pickle spear.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:49 AM   #433
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
Just stopping in to say hello.... don't have a scale with me at the moment - well, for a few days anyway, with family taking care of some things and forgot it. But guess what? I'm not freaking out because I have JUDDD rotations to keep me strong. Yesterday I was 2 pounds below my last injection weight on hcg and doing good. Daughter and her BF also started and are doing good. Hubby doing well also. I am logging everything and will be ok. I will check in again when I can. Thanks for all your support!
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #434
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GrannyPants
Stats: Weigh 2 much Age 53
Start Date: June 19 2012
Thanks for the welcome, everyone is so very nice and helpful here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
You can prepare them ahead of time and reheat in the microwave.
Depending what you are making you may or may not want to dry them first.
If I'm bringing them to work I prepare the whole meal then refridgerate and nuke when needed. DDs get easier. My first few weeks were brutal (headaches, queasy, dizzy, bad attitude!) and then all of a sudden I found that I just fly through them. I think it is the JUDDD magic!
Hi Carly, the headaches are not throbbing, just really annoying. It's probably my fat genes trying to trick me into eating .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
Hi GrannyPants, I sympathize with your HUNGER MONSTER ATTACKS. Coincidently I had a bad attack on today's DD. So I made a 2 qt shirataki and veggie soup = 193 calories and it has held me all day. I posted it on "Down Day Recipes Only" - post #800. Of course there's tons of variations - it's just broth, veggies and noodles. But I chose the lowest calorie ones - I wanted HIGH VOLUME. I'm going to try the cabbage soup at "DD or UD Recipe. It's Yummy." It looks high volume. Of course there's tons of DD recipes to choose from. When I began, I was choosing DD foods that triggered my HUNGER MONSTER; so tried to fast - neither worked for me. But high volume veggies, broth and noodles nailed it. Way under 500 too!!!

I don't think it's necessary to go through hunger and headaches. Experiment to find what works for you - just don't suffer through it.

Wonderful to have you here. Keep this up and you'll be trading your GrannyPants for a ThongBikini. Yeah, your avatar is so CUTE!!!
When I trade in my grannypants, I wonder if I should change my name to GrannyThong...THAT avatar might be a bit scary

I am definitely making soup like yours for my DD tomorrow.

---------------
Meri
GrannyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:46 PM   #435
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henush View Post
and to chelly, star, and grannypants! As an "older newbie" (sice late May) I'm sure you'll love it here.
I am loving it already

---------
Meri
Old 06-28-2012, 06:00 PM   #436
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
First of all welcome to JUDDD.

I rinse my shirataki noodles and dry them out by cooking them in a small skillet until they start making noises. I season them with garlic powder, onion powder, italian spices or whatever as I am drying them. I can then store them in a sandwich bag to take to work. I have no idea how long they will be good in the frig. The longest I have left some in a ziplock (after drying them in the skillet) is about a week and they were fine. I dry the shirataki rice to take to work to add to Progresso Light soup but only use the noodles at home.
My favorite DD lunch at work is thin sliced turkey rolled around a split dill pickle spear.
Thank you for the Welcome and especially for the tips on preparing the shirataki. I probably would not have thought to season them in the drying part.
As long as I can do a few batches ahead it should work out perfectly, especially in the summer heat. The further I am away from the stove the better.

----------
Meri
Old 06-28-2012, 07:07 PM   #437
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ghostface
it's a down day, I haven't eaten anything all day, just water and a few cans of diet coke.

should I just go to sleep? its 10pm here, kinda feel like I want to eat a can of soup.
ghostface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:18 PM   #438
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: minimonkey
Stats: 5'0" -- very small frame
WOE: Clean eating, whole foods
Thanks, Fairywren -- I think I will still read and post occasionally over here -- I may give another go to JUDDD once my body has adjusted to being off p2 for a while ... and I want to keep cheering you folks on!

Grannythong... you better change your avatar when you get to the thong point, lol! Shudder to think what would happen if one did an image search for that!! (then again, there are some pretty darn hot grannies out there, so perhaps it would be surprising in a good way.)

I actually just read an article a couple of months ago about a 74 year old woman who got into bodybuilding, and still competes --

Most of us could only dream of looking this good in a thong, at any age!

8/28:128.6 .... 10/7 118.4 ....10/20: 115.8

Last edited by minimonkey; 06-28-2012 at 07:38 PM..
minimonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:28 PM   #439
Big Yapper!!!!

Or this good:

http://archives.citypaper.net/articl...03/naked.shtml

Last edited by minimonkey; 06-28-2012 at 07:45 PM..
Old 06-28-2012, 07:31 PM   #440
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostface View Post
it's a down day, I haven't eaten anything all day, just water and a few cans of diet coke.

should I just go to sleep? its 10pm here, kinda feel like I want to eat a can of soup.
Impressive, I have never gone without food all day. I say if you are hungry, eat and don't worry about it. I personally can't fall asleep when I am hungry (stomach growling)!
Old 06-28-2012, 07:59 PM   #441
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimberino
Stats: 235/141 50 yo
WOE: Atkins/now JUDDD
Start Date: 3 '09 Atkins-3 '12 JUDDD
A big welcome to everyone! Been on vacay and just now getting back to check in here. So thrilled to see a MAAAAN on here! Seems like everybody has things under control, but we have some wonderful JUDDD experts here for any questions/problems. Not to mention so many wonderful JUDDD Buddds who give out the attagirls (or attaboys now!).
kimberino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #442
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Congrats Natasha on the good loss!

Welcome to everyone!

Congrats Marie on introducing family to the JUDDD plan. No worries about the scale.

Mini, I think Ernestine is the one who I read about a year ago and she is definitely very young looking for her age! She could be my mom and is in excellent shape.

Ghost, I think you are doing great if you are already fasting the whole day! Hope you have a BIG LOSS tomorrow!
Old 06-28-2012, 09:20 PM   #443
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ghostface
we'll see, with so much uncertainty around fasting vs min cals and hitting your up day cals vs undercutting/overshooting up day values etc, i'm gonna have to do some experimenting. thinking about eating big tomorrow (like not even counting) and seeing what happens after a fast.

someone did make some popcorn and I couldn't help eating a little bit of that (you know you can't resist that popcorn smell)
ghostface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:31 PM   #444
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Aw, I bet you are going to be doing great! Enjoy tomorrow's BIG feast!
Old 06-29-2012, 01:12 AM   #445
Big Yapper!!!!

Sunday -- I think Ernestine is my fitness idol -- that woman is amazing, beautiful in so many ways, and such an inspiration!

I am enjoying watching all of you on your JUDDD journeys -- and I love the support here, so even though I am not JUDDDing, I will be following this thread.

I am enjoying eating plentifully at the moment, and my body is appreciating it -- finally, tonight, I have real energy for the first time since ending p2. I think I needed a period of refeeding before even considering any more caloric restriction, and my body is letting me know I am on the right track.

At some point, I suspect JUDDD may be just the plan for me, just not right now. I plan to take advantage of this caloric upsurge and build some major muscle -- as much as I can manage to build in the next couple of months When it comes time to focus on leaning out rather than building up, I will be giving the JUDDD approach another try.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:37 AM   #446
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mini, I am so glad you are refeeding and giving yourself the rest you need from restricting! This was my main concern with all hcgers and some of you have been restricting much longer and that does begin to wear you down. I am looking forward to hear about your muscle building and how the strengthening is going.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:44 AM   #447
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimonkey View Post
Sunday -- I think Ernestine is my fitness idol -- that woman is amazing, beautiful in so many ways, and such an inspiration!
Mini - Ernestine is my fitness idol also!!! So glad you posted her video. I think she started late in life also - 50ish?

I upgraded my dumbell workout based on her routine in one of her articles. I don't think her book is out yet (?) She maintains by walking and lifts only 3X week now (not in competition).

I call it my Couch Potato Workout - while sitting watching TV 1/2 hour on UDs I pump dumbells 8 to 15 lbs. according to her routine. My arms hit total fatigue in less than 1/2 hour. Then walk 5 miles a day for lower body. I so love this routine cause I don't have to change clothes, drive to a gym, pay money, it's not boring - cause I'm WATCHING TV!!! I taught it at the TOPS club. It's so easy, just 3X a week, 1/2 hour - people think you have to work out for hours every day to become toned. Not so.

Increasing muscle is SO IMPORTANT for metabolism and health. You know - "Diet if you want to look good in clothes, exercise if you want to look good 'nekked'".

The other lady you posted was so inspiring also! Never saw her before. Unbelievable!!!
Old 06-29-2012, 08:25 AM   #448
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][B]

When I trade in my grannypants, I wonder if I should change my name to GrannyThong...THAT avatar might be a bit scary

I am definitely making soup like yours for my DD tomorrow.

---------------
Meri
Ohhhhhh!!! GrannyThong - that is so clever for you to think of that name!!! I LOVE IT! Can I call you that now? I think you've just given some reader here an idea for the lastest hot item to sell on HSN.

I think my DD soup recipe is #798, not #800. I'm going to look at all the recipes today - I need some more HIGH VOLUME veggie ones for DDs. I felt so good, strong and healthy from all those vitamins and minerals from 2 qts of veggies in me. I usually feel so weak on DDs. What a difference. Hope you find some good recipes you like also.

See you later
Old 06-29-2012, 06:01 PM   #449
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
Ohhhhhh!!! I think my DD soup recipe is #798, not #800. I'm going to look at all the recipes today - I need some more HIGH VOLUME veggie ones for DDs. I felt so good, strong and healthy from all those vitamins and minerals from 2 qts of veggies in me. I usually feel so weak on DDs. What a difference. Hope you find some good recipes you like also.

See you later
Heather, there is a really good Weight Watchers mexican soup in one of the DD recipe threads, 45-55ish cals per cup,and the recipe makes a ton. Enjoy.

By the way, maybe try to add in some more protein to your DD, it may help you feel more satisfied longer, since protein helps to stabilze your blood sugar levels. Best to you.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:49 PM   #450
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
minimonkey;15762289]Sunday -- I think Ernestine is my fitness idol -- that woman is amazing, beautiful in so many ways, and such an inspiration!
Wow! I cannot believe the beautiful skin and muscle tone on those women. I hate excersing and have the pants to prove it.

The only planned excersise I do right now is a few minutes on the stationary bike while I wait for my blouses in the dryer.

-------------
Meri