Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2012, 05:33 PM   #331
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Hey ghostface, not to worry. It's envy, man. 100%.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2012, 06:56 PM   #332
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Well, just as the thread gets jumping I am bailing. I am going back on the hcg. I am maintaining very well on JUDDD, but it is not what I want to do. I have about 15, maybe 20 lbs to lose. So, I have started to load and will be on hcg for at least 23 days if not longer. I want to go til goal this time around. I will be back to JUDDD once I am done, so I will be back. Have a great rest of the month and I hope to join you folks come July!
Old 06-24-2012, 07:50 PM   #333
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: minimonkey
Stats: 5'0" -- very small frame
WOE: Clean eating, whole foods
Good luck with your round, Dawn! I hope it is a great success!
minimonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:20 PM   #334
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
ACK. Not hungry, only have 1200 calories in, UD supposed to be somewhere around 1600-1800 (1784) from what I understand. What do I do? Wait until I am hungry and eat super late at night? Or just skip it? Eat 2-4 tablespoons co? Maybe I'll go get some salmon defrosted. There is good food here, just not hungry coming off of P2 (hcg) yet.

Last edited by C'Marie; 06-24-2012 at 10:23 PM..
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:41 PM   #335
Big Yapper!!!!

Wow -- C'Marie -- can you send some of that my direction? I've been battling crazy hunger. I hope the experts chime in -- some say it is really important to eat to your UD level, others say not so much ... I have no idea!
Old 06-24-2012, 10:44 PM   #336
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Best wishes Dawn! We will be here when you get back!

Mini, I see some on the daily "what are you eating" thread that say they have konjac/gluc pudding. I have not tried it yet, but have seen all types of ways of eating it. It could be used for both DD/UD. I eat miracle noodles quite a bit on DD.

Marie, I run into the "stuffed" on an UD problem a lot. I just try to eat as close as I can. I have been under by about 200 calories quite a bit. I am losing, but only 1.5 to 2 lbs per week. I am definitely on the downward slope and have been since starting. My weight doesn't bounce as much as some of the others, but I am guessing this has to do with my lower UD. If you are maintaining, it probably will not be an issue.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:46 PM   #337
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mini, I don't know why you can't have more calories? Aren't you working out with weights? Dr. J has a level for exercise on the calculator so that you can have more.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:05 PM   #338
Big Yapper!!!!

Sunday -- I used the number for moderate exercise (3 to 5 times a week, per the calculator.) Yes, I work out with weights.

I've been sticking to the down day figure of 500, which is actually a bit higher than my recommended dd figure for maximum loss (recommended is 380) ... and I know I have been exceeding the up day figure, which is a fairly generous 1840. I'm not counting on the up days right now, just keeping it all low carb -- but I am thinking I probably SHOULD start keeping the up days under wraps too.

On average, though, that only figures out to be about 1220 calories a day, if I do manage to stick to those numbers. Yes, it seems low to me a bit, too -- but the general wisdom is that the calculator is too generous with the amounts allowed for exercise, rather than too scant.

The problem is that I am short, and my goal weight is only 105 lbs (which is very lean on me, due to the muscle) -- and I am also 44 years old -- so the overall, average caloric recommendations are pretty low even if I was exercising hard every single day -- and that is assuming that I eat every calorie they allot me for the exercise.

I don't know -- maybe I am just whining needlessly -- maybe I will find that I can indeed work out just fine on the recommended intake once I adjust to it. . I'm going to give an honest go to doing this according to the 1840/500 rule, and see where it gets me.

I do know that I tried working out seriously while on 1000 calories a day last year, though, and it crashed my body, badly -- I had no energy, I started losing strength rather than gaining it. I was determined to tough it out, and I ended up getting sick, and in a cycle of bad inflammation that took me months to recover from... so I am perhaps being a bit more cautious after that experience.

I was also overtraining a bit at the time (rarely taking rest days, and doing a fair amount of intense cardio in addition to the weights) so the caloric deprivation was only part of the picture ....

Who knows -- I don't want to jump ship too early, and prematurely ditch something that might work well for me once I get used to it. If this really looks like it isn't working, I'll move to the maintenance numbers and see if that is better.

8/28:128.6 .... 10/7 118.4 ....10/20: 115.8

Last edited by minimonkey; 06-24-2012 at 11:20 PM..
Old 06-24-2012, 11:09 PM   #339
Big Yapper!!!!

I may give a go to the Konjac flour -- though there is something in me that rather hates the idea of making strange concoctions to keep myself from eating real food ... something seems wrong about that. I'd almost rather just drink tea, and acknowledge that I am hungry, and I am choosing not to eat.

I should also probably mention that I find it challenging to live on 1000-ish calories a day even when I am NOT working out -- I get very dragged out and have little energy. I can do it, but I do find it unpleasant, and I think my health suffers after a few months of doing that.

Am I just being a total wimp here? If this many people can do JUDDD and love it, it must be possible to thrive while doing it.

Last edited by minimonkey; 06-24-2012 at 11:17 PM..
Old 06-24-2012, 11:10 PM   #340
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The packages of salmon I have would put me over and I really am not hungry. I am thirsty. So I am drinking several glasses of water right now. Must be what I need. I am going to go with it. I have one fat bomb in the freezer, and I may eat that before bed, I may not. I was hoping to get more protein in due to P2 protein deprivation, but I will stick with my DD tomorrow regardless. I need to remember to eat earlier tomorrow, trying to wait too long for my brunch my first DD was a bust (I was hungry too long and not very satisfied after but I stuck to it). I may end up eating 400 calories of protein and 100 calories of veggies.

Don't worry, MM, I will get hungry - I knew it would be awhile after P2, though, which is one of the reasons I wanted to start JUDDD and get a couple DD under my belt before the hunger really kicked in.

HCG Rx to lose - JUDDD to maintain

Last edited by C'Marie; 06-24-2012 at 11:31 PM..
Old 06-24-2012, 11:55 PM   #341
Big Yapper!!!!

C'Marie -- I hope you slide effortlessly into never being hungrier than the plan allows for -- I'm still hoping that my hunger will get kicked to the curb by the sirtuin magic -- so I am keeping on with this.

I am having a calorie controlled up day tomorrow, and we'll see how that treats me. I should probably also get on the scale at some point, lol -- but I think i will do a couple of weeks at the prescribed numbers first, assuming I can make it that long without losing my mind.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:33 AM   #342

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
No time for much today, travelling back to town.

Keep up the good work, it can be tricky getting the balance right at first, although, if you don't weigh I don't know how you will know which set of calories do suit you....

Also most of you coming off HCG are used to having 'artificial' hunger control from the HCG as I understand it, so hunger may feel tough. Forgive me if I am wrong I have no experience of it.

Eating up to your UD cals is all about the swing of high and low calories that sets you SIRT1 in action. While an occasional day under should not matter too much it is not a trend to encourage.

I would like to say that the Dr gave us the numbers to help us not to hinder us... They may take some adjusting to but the first couple of weeks it is wise to follow his advice as nearly as possible, at whichever % you choose.

Of course if you choose to stay off carbs.... I won't say more.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ack-juddd.html
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:37 AM   #343
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok I am going to finish my UD calories. I actually am hungry now so I am going to eat some salmon. I am doing this right or not at all. Thanks, Kissa.

I am weighing, btw. I am too afraid not to. I hope someday to be over that fear but today is not that day. After 3 weeks I will start adding starches/sugars in, slowly. I already eat quite a few "carbs" in the way of fruit, dairy, wine, and more carby veggies and some nuts here and there. Today for example I am at over 40 carbs. I don't intend on living a life forever without any carbs or starch; but I do have to watch the processed foods and wheat and several of the gluten-free alternate starches due to health reasons. I am certainly going to take everything you veterans say very very seriously.

Thanks for all your help. I know it's a sacrifice to answer the same dern questions over and over again.

Last edited by C'Marie; 06-25-2012 at 12:43 AM..
Old 06-25-2012, 12:42 AM   #344

Old 06-25-2012, 01:02 AM   #345
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My carbs for my first UD were like 53 (I guess I am getting more carbs than even I thought LOL)

And with what I just ate, today will be closer to 60 carbs. I had some almond flour paleo carrot cake I made on my last UD along with some salmon and tea. Now I'm only about 60 calories short, not more than 500.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:15 AM   #346

Better! Bet you enjoyed it too.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:37 AM   #347
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, and tomorrow's 500 is all planned out - down to 5 left

Last edited by C'Marie; 06-25-2012 at 01:41 AM..
Old 06-25-2012, 03:12 AM   #348
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/136/124 5'3"
WOE: LC JUDDD
Hi C'Marie, i felt the same yesterday on my UD - i had breakfast and lunch but by the time dinnertime came i was 800 cals short and really didn't feel hungry. I decided on something calorific but not bulky, if you know what i mean! I ate chicken breast, steamed cauliflower and shredded cabbage and made a nice calorie rich, low carb sauce from cream, butter and cheese. Did the trick.

By the way, what is a "fat bomb" ??

Very weird how DDs are somehow easier than UDs isn't it?
FairyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:14 AM   #349
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/136/124 5'3"
WOE: LC JUDDD
By the way, good luck Dawn - see you back here July!
FairyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:30 AM   #350

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimonkey View Post
I may give a go to the Konjac flour -- though there is something in me that rather hates the idea of making strange concoctions to keep myself from eating real food ... something seems wrong about that. I'd almost rather just drink tea, and acknowledge that I am hungry, and I am choosing not to eat.

I should also probably mention that I find it challenging to live on 1000-ish calories a day even when I am NOT working out -- I get very dragged out and have little energy. I can do it, but I do find it unpleasant, and I think my health suffers after a few months of doing that.

Am I just being a total wimp here? If this many people can do JUDDD and love it, it must be possible to thrive while doing it.
I used the shirataki noodles and konjac powder when I first started JUDDD and they helped. I almost never use them anymore, and the appetite suppression really is there, or if I'm having a "hungry" day, I just deal with it. Someone's signature line says "Hunger is not an emergency." It's absolutely true.

I think you'll also find, if you give JUDDD a real chance, that your energy issues will be negated. So many hear have more energy on DDs than on UDs. It can't be a fluke if so many of us have that particular benefit, right? (I don't have it, but I'm newly diagnosed hypothyroid and working on optimizing my meds).

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:46 AM   #351
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am one who does have more energy on JUDDD and I think it is the SIRT1. I don't do weights except for maybe twice per week. I do HIIT and rebounding quite a bit. Am trying to do something every day.

Marie, I guess I assumed you were in maintenance. If you are in WLM, you will need your scale in order to see where you are in the UD numbers. Also, I am 54 and as you know my cals are not going to be the same as some of the young ones. My thinking is that the hcg protocol helped me get rid of the foods that were causing me so much inflammation and weight issues in the first place. Once I was able to eat the right way for me, I noticed that my calorie levels lowered. I stabilized well, but not at the higher level. I sometimes have the days of hitting UD calories and a bit more too. I really think it helps in a strange way to have at least one of these each week.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:55 AM   #352

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Fat bombs are here:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...fat-bombs.html

I am using them for loading! Big bites of fat, they are.
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:19 AM   #353
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

@Sunday I am in maintenance mode, but I understood starting out regardless that I had to still do the rotations at max 500 calories DD because the book/website said so and my UD were the same no matter where on the percentages I put into the computer. (In order to activate the gene). I definitely don't want to go lower than 500 calories just immediately coming off of hcg. I know I am protein deficient, for me. I know some people do great on so little protein on P2 but I can tell right away it's not great for me. I only did a 26 day minimum 500 cals this time but I did up my protein because I added eggwhites in exchange for one of my fruits, and I had beef nearly every day.

Hubs was somewhat confused today but he left out his banana for work, split his sandwich in half, and will come out somewhere between 600-700. I know he did not eat enough yesterday, if he was like me, the DD before actually quelled his appetite for his UD and though I tried to convince him, I'm sure he didn't get enough calories in. Although I know he did have some cheetos and wine so maybe that helped enough. I hope his DD today goes well. He used to water only fast for religious reasons and he did a juice/veggie fast for 10 days once a couple years ago and did fine; I think it's just confusing to him what he can have and not have since he's never counted a calorie in his life LOL. I think on his UD I will sneak him some fat bombs! lol
Old 06-25-2012, 11:33 AM   #354
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
Hi! So I've been maintaining the 6 pounds I gained on vacation in May! Sad I know...But every weekend since has turned into a 3 day UD fest...SO starting today thru July 3rd I'm on strict rotation. I'd rather lose those 6 before my next vacation which will be a 10-12 day road trip. I'm here...Keep me STRICT please!

I am also planning on using the elliptical at home 30 minutes per day, walking for 15 minutes on my break at work and doing about 7 minutes of weights each night just arms and a little leg work. I'm also going to try to limit my carb intake this week which I haven't been doing lately.

Natasha

BaileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:43 AM   #355
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Marie View Post
@Sunday I am in maintenance mode, but I understood starting out regardless that I had to still do the rotations at max 500 calories DD because the book/website said so and my UD were the same no matter where on the percentages I put into the computer. (In order to activate the gene). I definitely don't want to go lower than 500 calories just immediately coming off of hcg. I know I am protein deficient, for me. I know some people do great on so little protein on P2 but I can tell right away it's not great for me. I only did a 26 day minimum 500 cals this time but I did up my protein because I added eggwhites in exchange for one of my fruits, and I had beef nearly every day.

Hubs was somewhat confused today but he left out his banana for work, split his sandwich in half, and will come out somewhere between 600-700. I know he did not eat enough yesterday, if he was like me, the DD before actually quelled his appetite for his UD and though I tried to convince him, I'm sure he didn't get enough calories in. Although I know he did have some cheetos and wine so maybe that helped enough. I hope his DD today goes well. He used to water only fast for religious reasons and he did a juice/veggie fast for 10 days once a couple years ago and did fine; I think it's just confusing to him what he can have and not have since he's never counted a calorie in his life LOL. I think on his UD I will sneak him some fat bombs! lol
I think you all have it worked out just fine! Hubby and you both may have a few UD's where you don't get all your calories in, but then again you may actually do it with no problem. He will get the rotation down and this will help your days be much easier. I think it is great that he is doing this with you. Mine isn't the least bit interested and I have even suggested all of the health benefits that he really could use.

I even have a UUAD every now and then or when I go over my UD by 200+ and it hasn't caused any problems??? I just think my numbers are such that my bounces aren't quite like some others are having. 1700/700
Old 06-25-2012, 12:12 PM   #356
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I had no change today even after 1700+ calories and almost 600 of that very late at night. I am surprised but happy with that. After 2 weeks I probably will move up to 700 for DD but we will see. I know on vacation I will start adding starches and sugars little bits here and there until the BIG ONE which will be a luau on an UP day so I'm sure it will be UUAD that day!

Remember, you promised to help me not freak out
Old 06-25-2012, 12:17 PM   #357
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Do you think the calorie difference between up and down days needs to be at least 1000? I think I've seen someone here or the book say that. Just curious. I wouldn't mind having more calories on my DD when in maintenance mode on vacation especially but don't want to close the gap if my UD calories are only 1784. The calculator on the JUDDD site said my 45% 803 and 50% 892 and that makes my UD cals and DD less than 1000 spread. And I'm sure not understanding WHY there even is a 55% or 60% calculator on there if to keep the gene activated you are supposed to stay at 50 or lower. *stillconfusedaboutthat*
Old 06-25-2012, 12:22 PM   #358
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Marie View Post
Do you think the calorie difference between up and down days needs to be at least 1000? I think I've seen someone here or the book say that. Just curious. I wouldn't mind having more calories on my DD when in maintenance mode on vacation especially but don't want to close the gap if my UD calories are only 1784. The calculator on the JUDDD site said my 45% 803 and 50% 892 and that makes my UD cals and DD less than 1000 spread. And I'm sure not understanding WHY there even is a 55% or 60% calculator on there if to keep the gene activated you are supposed to stay at 50 or lower. *stillconfusedaboutthat*
LOL! Boy can I tell you are an accountant!!! So am I! But the difference is, I never have been too overly concerned on JUDDD because I knew that no matter what I was going to have the SIRT-1 helping so even if I reached the stage of sloooowww losses, it would be okay. I wouldn't be gaining.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:25 PM   #359
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

As to your question, I do not know about the highest number, because I don't have the book downloaded, (mine is hard copy). I do know that once you have the Sirt-1 going strong... you could theoretically, take a week off, go on a cruise and come back with only a 1 lb gain. Or even have a loss! That is how good the JUDDD program is. I have been reading this board long before I ever began, and I have seen time after time of JUDDDers going on vacation and never gaining because of the Sirt-1 actually continues for up to 2 weeks after you stop JUDDDing. Now that is the really great aspect of this plan!
Old 06-25-2012, 12:28 PM   #360
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mine is only 1,000 calorie difference so that could not be true. I have been losing with 1700/700 and only occasionally 350 or less DD. I chose the 35% so that I could have a little bit of fun on summer break.