Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2012, 05:29 PM   #301
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
C'Marie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,142
Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
So we can up our UD calories in maintenance? (scratches head) EVEN in the first 2 weeks induction? checking my calcs would be appreciated.

My stats:
I'm 50
173 pounds
NO exercise
5'4.5"
I get 1784 UD (and for induction 500, right? I'd rather not go lower than that, especially coming off hcg P2)

hubby:
60
200 pounds
he walks tons and tons on his job so I did the 1-3day to go "down" one level
6'1"
(and I should add, he's HOTTTT LOL he should get extra calories for that!)
I get 2527 UD and even at 20% it's 505

He is raving today about the hot and sour broth I made for our cabbage dish
"He said, I can have all of this? I thought I'd have to sacrifice! This is good! I'd buy this in a restaurant!"
__________________
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

HCG Rx to lose - JUDDD to maintain

Last edited by C'Marie; 06-23-2012 at 05:32 PM..
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2012, 05:40 PM   #302
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
C'Marie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,142
Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
I just had a 6 ounce serving of nonfat Greek yogurt with a teaspoon of my no calorie fiber stuff in it I got from the naturopath - oh man! I am FULL. That'll be a good go-to filler!
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:06 PM   #303
dee
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 185
Gallery: dee
Stats: (HW196)188/181.4/145
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart Nov 26.13 (formerly HHCG 2 rounds)
C Marie what is the no calorie filler? I could use me some of that
dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:10 PM   #304
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
C'Marie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,142
Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee View Post
C Marie what is the no calorie filler? I could use me some of that
Some people use glucomann powder or konjac root, mine is psyllium so it's just all fiber. Shows 5 carbs but 5 fibers and the nutrition information is all zeros. It says 100% psyllium seed husks no sweeteners, preservaties, artificial flavors or colors added. It's finely ground. It is nearly tasteless. You MUST drink enough water though or it won't move through your system properly. Ahem.

Last edited by C'Marie; 06-23-2012 at 07:14 PM..
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:36 PM   #305
Big Yapper!!!!
 
minimonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 8,021
Gallery: minimonkey
Stats: 5'0" -- very small frame
WOE: Clean eating, whole foods
I'm thinking about starting to put psyllium in things on my down days too -- it definitely does fill one up effectively! Plus, I have some on hand.

Yes, drink a lot of water with it!
minimonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #306
Big Yapper!!!!
 
minimonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 8,021
Gallery: minimonkey
Stats: 5'0" -- very small frame
WOE: Clean eating, whole foods
I hope the experts chime in about your maintenance calories question -- I am still a little baffled by the way all that is figured.

I ate a lot today (I am still doing unrestricted calorie, low carb up days, for better or worse) , and hope tomorrow is easy as down days go -- I also busted my butt in the gym, so I'm sure my muscles will appreciate today's eating!
minimonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:24 AM   #307
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
C'Marie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,142
Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
I'm sure someone will be along fairly quickly. This board is fabulous! I am hoping I can have my hubs go up in calories a little on his DD right away. He doesn't need to "lose" he just needs to redistribute and do it for health reasons - plus he's supporting me, sweet man.

500 is a bit too low for him with the foods he is able to take to work with no refrigerator, unless he just eats beef jerky LOL.... He eats canned water pack sardines (140), a banana (90), and an ezekiel bread almond butter sandwich every day (300)! Like, every day! LOL and 3 hb eggs for breakfast (270). That is what he eats like for his routine and together =800. Then dinner at home is completely negotiable, could be all veggies, and he's not a picky eater (obviously) so he is happy with cabbage soup for dinner. But when I add all those things I listed up, it's too high, and the only place he thinks he can cut is his sandwich - he said he could only eat half and still make it through his day. He could cut back to just 2 eggs in the morning; those 2 changes would make his workday 560 instead of 800. Good thing induction is only two weeks! If I was going to be around both weeks it'd be easy, I'd make sure he had something he could take that would work but I'm going to be out of town the 2nd week so I need to be prepared to hand him a safe list.

Last edited by C'Marie; 06-24-2012 at 01:28 AM..
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:39 AM   #308
Big Yapper!!!!
 
minimonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 8,021
Gallery: minimonkey
Stats: 5'0" -- very small frame
WOE: Clean eating, whole foods
Wow -- definitely back to my scheduled down day tomorrow -- today turned into a full on refeed day! I definitely need some damage control after this! Tomorrow is supposed to be a rest day from working out, but I am full of energy tonight (finally!) and thinking I may just bust out another gym day if I am not too sore...
minimonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:10 AM   #309
Big Yapper!!!!
 
minimonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 8,021
Gallery: minimonkey
Stats: 5'0" -- very small frame
WOE: Clean eating, whole foods
Wow -- this is such a lesson in how different one metabolism is to the next --

My partner, who is nearly 60 and 6 feet tall, starts getting way too skinny if he eats below about 2500 calories a day. He's pretty sedentary, due to being disabled by MS.

At the moment, we are attempting to get him to gain weight, as his weight fell to 140 lbs this past month (scary!) -- In order to see any upward movement on the scale at all, he is having to consume 4000 calories a day!

I'm just comparing that to C'Marie's husband, who is about the same age and same height, and much more active -- and noticing how incredibly different metabolisms are one to the next!
__________________
Rogue p2 cycling:

8/28:128.6 .... 10/7 118.4 ....10/20: 115.8
minimonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:05 AM   #310
Senior LCF Member
 
perrysmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 112
Gallery: perrysmom
WOE: general lc
Start Date: 11/8/2012
Hi,

I started low carb (SB) on the 13th and have lost 5 lbs. so far. I like this WOE because I can enjoy the foods I love without feeling guilty, but would like to have better control over the portions and times I eat. I have issues with food, I guess eating disorder is the correct term. It's more an obsession with my weight, food, and my appearance. When you think about how fat you feel, what to eat or not eat, all day long, it's not good.

So I'm thinking JUDDD might help because I won't have to think of food so much. I have Dr. J's book and went on JUDDD a few years ago with a friend, but she stopped after a short time because her husband complained they didn't have a lot of meals together. It seems there are a lot of people on the plan here, so I'd like to give it another go. I guess I'll have a DD today, read over the book again, and look for posts and threads here.

Wish me luck!
pm
perrysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:01 AM   #311
Senior LCF Member
 
FairyWren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 464
Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/136/124 5'3"
WOE: LC JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimonkey View Post
Wow -- this is such a lesson in how different one metabolism is to the next --

My partner, who is nearly 60 and 6 feet tall, starts getting way too skinny if he eats below about 2500 calories a day. He's pretty sedentary, due to being disabled by MS.

At the moment, we are attempting to get him to gain weight, as his weight fell to 140 lbs this past month (scary!) -- In order to see any upward movement on the scale at all, he is having to consume 4000 calories a day!

I'm just comparing that to C'Marie's husband, who is about the same age and same height, and much more active -- and noticing how incredibly different metabolisms are one to the next!
Hi mini, yes my husband is 60 and around 5' 10" he complains he is too heavy at 161lbs (6" taller than me and lighter, grrrr) he looks (and feels) really skinny to me - i can't imagine how he would look at 140lbs! He has put on around 6lbs since January, he used to run 3 times a week but fell and hurt his back when we were on holiday in January and hasn't run since. He probably eats around 2500 cals a day, probably medium carb as he has a couple of slices of bread in a morning and makes himself lentil, carrot and chorizo soup for lunch. Dinner for him (which i cook!) is usually meat of some sort usually served with vegetables stirred fried in plenty of olive oil. Plus he usually downs half a bottle of wine with dinner (i stick with water).

Edited: He was heavier than me!

Last edited by FairyWren; 06-24-2012 at 08:06 AM..
FairyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:34 AM   #312
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,857
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Marie View Post
So we can up our UD calories in maintenance? (scratches head) EVEN in the first 2 weeks induction? checking my calcs would be appreciated.

My stats:
I'm 50
173 pounds
NO exercise
5'4.5"
I get 1784 UD (and for induction 500, right? I'd rather not go lower than that, especially coming off hcg P2)

hubby:
60
200 pounds
he walks tons and tons on his job so I did the 1-3day to go "down" one level
6'1"
(and I should add, he's HOTTTT LOL he should get extra calories for that!)
I get 2527 UD and even at 20% it's 505

He is raving today about the hot and sour broth I made for our cabbage dish
"He said, I can have all of this? I thought I'd have to sacrifice! This is good! I'd buy this in a restaurant!"
Hi C'Marie, I think that for the induction period it is best to try to stick to the numbers as closely as you can.

My guess is the your DH is probably fine where he is, but the scales will tell you if I am wrong. Do you weigh daily? Unless you have a serious issue with scale numbers it is what I would recommend.

I think you have a gem of a DH.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:22 AM   #313
Junior LCF Member
 
cynthm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 52
Gallery: cynthm
Stats: 5'7". 165/151.8/135
WOE: JUDDD/HCG
Start Date: 06/24/2012 JUDDD; 7/30/12 HCG
Another newbie

Hi there! I too am new to this. I've been lurking for a few days, reading as much as I can. I've been a little addicted to gathering info, to be honest! Thanks to all the veterans who post so much great info, it's been so helpful and interesting ....I think I'm ready to start now! I stumbled across JUDDD by accident on the moderate carb forum, and was amazed that I'd never heard of it before. Like SO many others here, I've been doing low carb with NO success....I looked back over my logs for the last 6 months, and realized I just keep losing and gaining the same 3 or 4 pounds over and over again. Even when I stick to low carb religiously, even when I go as low as 2@ daily carbs on Atkins (miserable!), even on Paleo type foods. I don't eat wheat, don't eat sugar, don't eat processed foods, and yet, NO weight loss. And I don't over eat either....I track everything on ***********. So, all this merely helps me maintain and not gain. Sooooo frustrating! I truly believe in the health benefits of whole foods, little wheat and sugar, and will continue to eat that way. I also read so many books about the science behind low carb, and believe in it, but somehow it doesn't help me loss weight at all. I can't believe it, which is why I kept plugging away at it for so long, waiting for it to "kick in". I have a friend who is the same way, and we are always complaining to each other....trying to figure it out, is it the almost daily glass of wine? Is it the carrots? Is it too much fat? What? What? What is it? I finally admitted defeat, and that's when I found JUDDD. I'm excited to try it out, but a bit skeptical (ok, afraid!) about eating anything I want on UD. I would live to eat potatoes and rice again, but I'm so terrified I'll blow up. It's crazy, I know, but I'll try hard to let go of these fears. I did hcg once before, and cheated like crazy because I couldn't stand all the restriction, but at least I have some ideas of what I can eat on DDs. The calculator comes in at about 2000 for UD ( which seems like a lot) and just under 500 for DD.... I run about 3 times a week, and crossfit twice a week. So glad I found you guys...you seem like sucha friendly, supportive bunch! Today is my first DD! Started with and UD yesterday and ate a lot of carbs, up 2 pounds this am and trying not to freak out!!!
Cynthia.
cynthm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:31 AM   #314
Junior LCF Member
 
dragontatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5
Gallery: dragontatt
Hi everyone

Complete newb here...as in today is my 2nd (ie- up) day.

I bought The Alternate Day Diet a couple weeks ago cause in surfing around it didn't *seem* terribly difficult - not much counting and what-not.

Lo and behold, yesterday wasn't terrible, not really. I drank 2 'shakes' and could have had at least part of a 3rd but didn't feel the need. 'Worst' part was explaining to my girls & hubby why I wasn't eating...urgh.

Hope I can find some encouragement on this site, I have the feeling I'll be needing it sooner than later.

~dragontatt
dragontatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:28 PM   #315
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
C'Marie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,142
Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Hi C'Marie, I think that for the induction period it is best to try to stick to the numbers as closely as you can.

My guess is the your DH is probably fine where he is, but the scales will tell you if I am wrong. Do you weigh daily? Unless you have a serious issue with scale numbers it is what I would recommend.

I think you have a gem of a DH.
Yes, I weigh daily. I probably won't stop that, at least for now. I have to know I can get stable, and if I have to do a DD as a 500-calorie steak day to keep my P3 maintenance coming off hcg stable, I can do that.

He is a doll. We've been married 32 years this August. I couldn't do without him. Well, you know what I mean. I'd be lost.

If his numbers at 20% are 505, can he go up on induction a bit higher? Or is 20% supposed to be it except for Dr J saying we can do 500 if we want? For him, 30% is like 700. Could he do that and still do "induction" ok? He is just doing "maintenance." Can you go from zero to maintenance? Induction while on maintenance? Honestly he doesn't need to lose just redistribute a bit. He's at the age where he's started to lose a little muscle and we definitely want the anti-inflammation benefits for his heart.

I shouldn't worry too much though - longevity runs in his family - every one of his uncles is like 90++ before they go off to heaven. Amazing. Of course, all of them grew up eating on the farm, all whole healthy food in the old days. My sweets gradually has gotten back to too much junky food. At least doing JUDDD it's every other day! LOL

Last edited by C'Marie; 06-24-2012 at 12:32 PM..
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:45 PM   #316
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,857
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthm View Post
Hi there! I too am new to this. I've been lurking for a few days, reading as much as I can. I've been a little addicted to gathering info, to be honest! Thanks to all the veterans who post so much great info, it's been so helpful and interesting ....I think I'm ready to start now! I stumbled across JUDDD by accident on the moderate carb forum, and was amazed that I'd never heard of it before. Like SO many others here, I've been doing low carb with NO success....I looked back over my logs for the last 6 months, and realized I just keep losing and gaining the same 3 or 4 pounds over and over again. Even when I stick to low carb religiously, even when I go as low as 2@ daily carbs on Atkins (miserable!), even on Paleo type foods. I don't eat wheat, don't eat sugar, don't eat processed foods, and yet, NO weight loss. And I don't over eat either....I track everything on ***********. So, all this merely helps me maintain and not gain. Sooooo frustrating! I truly believe in the health benefits of whole foods, little wheat and sugar, and will continue to eat that way. I also read so many books about the science behind low carb, and believe in it, but somehow it doesn't help me loss weight at all. I can't believe it, which is why I kept plugging away at it for so long, waiting for it to "kick in". I have a friend who is the same way, and we are always complaining to each other....trying to figure it out, is it the almost daily glass of wine? Is it the carrots? Is it too much fat? What? What? What is it? I finally admitted defeat, and that's when I found JUDDD. I'm excited to try it out, but a bit skeptical (ok, afraid!) about eating anything I want on UD. I would live to eat potatoes and rice again, but I'm so terrified I'll blow up. It's crazy, I know, but I'll try hard to let go of these fears. I did hcg once before, and cheated like crazy because I couldn't stand all the restriction, but at least I have some ideas of what I can eat on DDs. The calculator comes in at about 2000 for UD ( which seems like a lot) and just under 500 for DD.... I run about 3 times a week, and crossfit twice a week. So glad I found you guys...you seem like sucha friendly, supportive bunch! Today is my first DD! Started with and UD yesterday and ate a lot of carbs, up 2 pounds this am and trying not to freak out!!!
Cynthia.
I so understand about the LC. I did it for years and years, just the same 4 or 5 pounds up and down again and again. Adding the carbs will make you gain as you have seen, but it will go and you will be free to make food choices you have almost forgotten about.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontatt View Post
Hi everyone

Complete newb here...as in today is my 2nd (ie- up) day.

I bought The Alternate Day Diet a couple weeks ago cause in surfing around it didn't *seem* terribly difficult - not much counting and what-not.

Lo and behold, yesterday wasn't terrible, not really. I drank 2 'shakes' and could have had at least part of a 3rd but didn't feel the need. 'Worst' part was explaining to my girls & hubby why I wasn't eating...urgh.

Hope I can find some encouragement on this site, I have the feeling I'll be needing it sooner than later.

~dragontatt
Many of us here ate real food on our DDs right from the start. The recommendation to stick to shakes is simply to keep the calorie counting easy. If you wish to feel free to eat up to 500 cals and ditch the shakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Marie View Post
Yes, I weigh daily. I probably won't stop that, at least for now. I have to know I can get stable, and if I have to do a DD as a 500-calorie steak day to keep my P3 maintenance coming off hcg stable, I can do that.

He is a doll. We've been married 32 years this August. I couldn't do without him. Well, you know what I mean. I'd be lost.

If his numbers at 20% are 505, can he go up on induction a bit higher? Or is 20% supposed to be it except for Dr J saying we can do 500 if we want? For him, 30% is like 700. Could he do that and still do "induction" ok? He is just doing "maintenance." Can you go from zero to maintenance? Induction while on maintenance? Honestly he doesn't need to lose just redistribute a bit. He's at the age where he's started to lose a little muscle and we definitely want the anti-inflammation benefits for his heart.

I shouldn't worry too much though - longevity runs in his family - every one of his uncles is like 90++ before they go off to heaven. Amazing. Of course, all of them grew up eating on the farm, all whole healthy food in the old days. My sweets gradually has gotten back to too much junky food. At least doing JUDDD it's every other day! LOL
I am pretty sure that he could do this, 30% would not be a problem for a man who is not overweight. The SIRT1 gene will kick in provided he sticks with the rotations.

Lovely to see you Newbies!
__________________
Cindy

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:17 PM   #317
Junior LCF Member
 
cynthm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California
Posts: 52
Gallery: cynthm
Stats: 5'7". 165/151.8/135
WOE: JUDDD/HCG
Start Date: 06/24/2012 JUDDD; 7/30/12 HCG
Thanks Cindy ! I can only hope to have losses like yours, and eat without obsessing about carbs ever again!
cynthm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:29 PM   #318
Senior LCF Member
 
Showcats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cicero Indiana
Posts: 169
Gallery: Showcats
Stats: 193/168.6/150 5'6" Age 48
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 4/1/12 (177.8)
C'Marie, my husband is also in maintenance and started 2 weeks ago. He still lost 5 pounds the first week and 4 the second using 800 calories on his DD.
Showcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:31 PM   #319
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,857
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Men!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:35 PM   #320
Senior LCF Member
 
Showcats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cicero Indiana
Posts: 169
Gallery: Showcats
Stats: 193/168.6/150 5'6" Age 48
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 4/1/12 (177.8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Men!
I agree! He lost more weight in 2 weeks than I have in almost 3 months! Oh well, I expected that when he started.
Showcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:40 PM   #321
Senior LCF Member
 
cactusrose63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Southeast AZ
Posts: 488
Gallery: cactusrose63
Stats: 156/156/130 - 5'4", Age: 53
WOE: JUDDD 1900/800 or less if I can!
Start Date: JUDDD restart June 2014
So great to see all the Newbs here!! Welcome one and all!!

It is amazing to me to see all of us coming from LC for YEARS and struggling to just maintain. I have been doing this for less than two months and feel so much FREEDOM. And lack of obsession. And actually looking forward to down days (SOMETIMES!!!). What this WOE has done for my food psyche is no less than miraculous.

I know you are all gonna this WOE!!
cactusrose63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:44 PM   #322
Big Yapper!!!!
 
minimonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 8,021
Gallery: minimonkey
Stats: 5'0" -- very small frame
WOE: Clean eating, whole foods
Down day over here -- I made a rather bizarre, but decent tasting and certainly filling concoction this morning -- had about a 1/2 cup of pumpkin, and added psyllium and warm water -- a tiny splash of cream, and some pumpkin pie spice and stevia, and it was a pretty filling bowl of something breakfast-ish. The texture was a little odd, but I didn't mind it.

If I am going to do regular down days, I suspect I will be doing this kind of thing -- I guess it goes with the territory.

After yesterday, I definitely need a down day -- very puffy with water retention this morning -- that is as much from the workout a it was from the high caloric intake yesterday I think.
minimonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:45 PM   #323
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
C'Marie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,142
Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
Thanks for your response. He definitely will be faithful in his rotations; he's just that way - the only way he wouldn't is if he got confused LOL... he gets up so early in the morning he may eat before he thinks about it! 1:30 am is EARLY ugh. I may have to leave him a calendar charted out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post


I am pretty sure that he could do this, 30% would not be a problem for a man who is not overweight. The SIRT1 gene will kick in provided he sticks with the rotations.

Lovely to see you Newbies!
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:46 PM   #324
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
C'Marie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,142
Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Showcats View Post
C'Marie, my husband is also in maintenance and started 2 weeks ago. He still lost 5 pounds the first week and 4 the second using 800 calories on his DD.
Ya that figures! ha ha ha
All my honey had to do before to lose weight was quit eating ice cream and quit drinking beer for awhile
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:47 PM   #325
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jbinme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,713
Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
PM, Cynthia, dragontatt!

I think you will JUDDD like I still do after 5 months!
Jbinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:00 PM   #326
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jbinme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,713
Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimonkey View Post
I hope the experts chime in about your maintenance calories question -- I am still a little baffled by the way all that is figured.

I ate a lot today (I am still doing unrestricted calorie, low carb up days, for better or worse) , and hope tomorrow is easy as down days go -- I also busted my butt in the gym, so I'm sure my muscles will appreciate today's eating!
Minimonkey-like you I workout a lot. Don't be afraid to eat a more if you always feel hungry. I don't know if that's the right advice to give but I figure if I feel hungry on dds then i refuse to feel hungry on uds too. Also on UDs I eat low carb, high fat unlimited calories. I still keep my dds calories low. When I hit maintenance I just added calories to uds not dds. If I do have a hard dd I can have more calories, I almost never have to. I just love the freedom on uds to eat as much as I need or want.
__________________
Janette
Jbinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:34 PM   #327
Big Yapper!!!!
 
minimonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 8,021
Gallery: minimonkey
Stats: 5'0" -- very small frame
WOE: Clean eating, whole foods
Thanks JBinme -- I appreciate the feedback! It looks like you are at goal, so clearly you found a method that worked for you -- congratulations!!

I'd love to think this approach would work for me, but I think I am over-eating on my up days. I am going to try keeping a bit of a handle on the up day eating for a bit -- aim for the prescribed figure for my stats. At the moment my up days are really, really high calorie (albeit low carb), and I don't think that is helping me much. I don't want to cut my overall caloric intake too far, but I also don't want to end up in a pattern of overeating half the time, and completely undo all the down day work.

I'm hoping to see my overall appetite decrease -- my appetite is my nemesis during hard training periods! Yes, I gain muscle easily, but I also end up gaining fat, and then having to cut calories hardcore to strip it off again, and I don't like that cycle at all.

I am going to try the tried-and-true JUDDD tricks -- make things with tons of fiber, learn to use konjac flour, and so forth -- and I will eat those on the up days as well as the down days if I feel ravenous. I'll just eat more real food on those days too.

If I start feeling more even keeled in a few weeks, I'll know I am on to something -- if not, I'll try a different approach.

Plus, the extra fiber is probably good for me in the long run.
minimonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:50 PM   #328
Major LCF Poster!
 
Joyjoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,212
Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Cynthia, ooooooo, I can identify with the fears, and the endless stalls. I'm thrilled you're here. I suspect Juddd will take care of both of those. my two cents? Be patient, persistent, and kind to yourself, and Juddd will do its thing. Read and post often. We all learn from each other.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:54 PM   #329
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jbinme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,713
Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
You'll find what works for you! KUTGW!
Jbinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:12 PM   #330
Junior LCF Member
 
ghostface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 55
Gallery: ghostface
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Men!
HEY!

i'm a dude and a June noobie to juddd.
ghostface is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:41 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.