Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2012, 02:37 AM   #271
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Good choice Mini, just eat wisely on both UD and DD and you will do great.

Karen, you will love JUDDD.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2012, 06:13 AM   #272
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kitty135
Stats: 176/161/148
WOE: Hhcg,LC,JUDDD
Start Date: 10/11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee View Post
2nd DD coming up tomorrow and......I admit it. I'm a little scared. On HCG when you cheat....you put on weight and it takes days to come back down and start losing again. I cheated once in R1. And wow. Did that hurt. I learned quickly to never do that again. It's that very mentality that has me brainwashed. Yes I know I will likely gain a couple of lbs tomorrow. Why am I so apprehensive? I know I could just skip weighing tomorrow but I know myself. I will do it. Ugh. Newbie anxiety is a downer.

Dee, I am right there with you. Hcg did the same thing to me. Today is my 3rd DD, and I, too, expected to have a weight gain after my UD's. BUT, I was literally shocked that my weight remained constant. I really wanted to skip the daily weighing, but I guess I can't stand to know what is happening, especially when I ate pizza and ice cream last night. I have weighed myself everyday for well over a year, so it's hard to just stop. But, anyway, you may be pleasantly surprised by what you see if you decide to weigh. Some have lost weight after UPs, but I was just so happy to have stayed the same. Today I am going to try some of the DD tips I've learned here on this site to combat the hunger. Looking forward to the day!
kitty135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:23 AM   #273
Junior LCF Member

Thanks, Cactus, Dawn, FairyWren, and Heather for your encouraging words, tips, and sharing your amazing results! Love this thread in that people really do respond when you have a concern.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:55 AM   #274
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/136/124 5'3"
WOE: LC JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty135 View Post
Thanks, Cactus, Dawn, FairyWren, and Heather for your encouraging words, tips, and sharing your amazing results! Love this thread in that people really do respond when you have a concern.
Aw, no problem, the no hunger thing WILL come!
FairyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:18 AM   #275
dee
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dee
Stats: (HW196)188/181.4/145
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart Nov 26.13 (formerly HHCG 2 rounds)
Thanks Adi! I will keep chugging Maybe one day I will see a loss after an UD.

Kitty; I did gain 2 lbs...as I knew I would so I'm not disappointed. I did eat carbs yesterday so it's expected. It's just tough breaking that HCG mindset. Didn't realize it would be that difficult to stop thinking that way.
dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:02 AM   #276
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: beadart
Stats: 193/137/115 is goal - 5'2"
WOE: low carb, high protein/fats/JUDDD/now hcg
Today is my 3rd UD. So far I have gained 1.4 and lost 1.4 so essentially nothing has happened except for my shocking experience in the scale. After hcg, this bounce is a bit scary. I guess these first few weeks are about learning what my body is doing. My husband is also doing this with me and he has already come down 4 lbs. I know, I know, men are different, he didn't do hcg so his body has some different adjustments.
I reading comments from others that have come here from hcg. I know I am not alone in this. I just wanted to say how I appreciate this thread and meeting so many people with so many words of encouragement. I know I can do this!
beadart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:10 AM   #277
dee
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dee
Stats: (HW196)188/181.4/145
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart Nov 26.13 (formerly HHCG 2 rounds)
Beadart: by the looks of things...there are a lot of ex hcg'ers here. I guess we are used to the DDs but not the UDs and that scale can be frightening. I'm very glad I'm not alone at trying to get used to the UDs.
dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:15 AM   #278
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: beadart
Stats: 193/137/115 is goal - 5'2"
WOE: low carb, high protein/fats/JUDDD/now hcg
Dee, I know, it gives me comfort knowing others are right with me here.
Hugs...
beadart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:11 PM   #279
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: minimonkey
Stats: 5'0" -- very small frame
WOE: Clean eating, whole foods
Oh yeah, lots of us former hcg-ers here -- I'm one too!

I'm just staying off the scale for the first few weeks while I try to get the hang of eating this way. I'm having problems with appetite regulation, a bit -- I started working out hard again, and that tends to make me ridiculously hungry! I hope the appetite suppression comes soon for me. I've been doing the "eat to satisfaction" method with the up days, but keeping low carb across the board -- I know that "satisfaction" is more than my up-day calories, though -- so I will be moving to the calorie counting on up days soon.

I'm feeling much better after my added up day yesterday -- feeling just fine to make today a down day, which is relieving. I do hope that I won't have too many of those "chew your arm off" down days (turned up-day) like I had yesterday -- I don't want to be messing with the rotations!

Anyhow, back on track today, and just going to move forward from here. I'm puffy with water retention, but given how sore I am right now, that isn't much surprising. Tomorrow is another up day, and another gym day --probably another full body workout with the Bar Method.

8/28:128.6 .... 10/7 118.4 ....10/20: 115.8
minimonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:35 PM   #280
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm having a rough day -- I'm doing my down day, and I am really hungry I've already had my calories for the day, and a few extra in the form of a salad, and I am still really hungry ---

I hope the appetite suppression kicks in for me soon, because I am really NOT loving this right in this moment. I'll keep myself busy for the rest of the evening, and drink fluids, and try to ignore it .... but right now, I'm feeling disheartened. I hope a few weeks of this and I will find a groove -- but after a million years on hcg, frankly, I am TIRED of being hungry.

I wonder if I might do better with complete fasting (water, black coffee and tea only) on my down days -- it's a thought. I've done pretty well with fasting in the past, and it does tend to de-activate my 'eat' response somewhat when I do it regularly. I may just give that a try on my next down day.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:54 PM   #281
Big Yapper!!!!

Well -- looks like I survived the day -- I had a few marinated (no oil) mushrooms, so I came in somewhere around 600 calories -- not horrible.

I'm really hoping I start getting the appetite suppression soon -- I will really try to attend to hunger tomorrow and eat only to the point of not being hungry anymore -- and hope that nets me at or below my suggested up day ceiling. Tomorrow is a workout day for me, and I am looking forward to that!

I will give this a few more rotations before changing much of anything .. but honestly, if I am going to spend at least half my time uncomfortably hungry, this may not be the plan for me. I am going go get some Konjac goop and try making some of the down day fillers, too.

I spent most of the past year uncomfortably hungry (thanks to way too much time on p2), and I've grown weary of it
Old 06-22-2012, 09:41 PM   #282
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimonkey View Post
Well -- looks like I survived the day -- I had a few marinated (no oil) mushrooms, so I came in somewhere around 600 calories -- not horrible.

I'm really hoping I start getting the appetite suppression soon -- I will really try to attend to hunger tomorrow and eat only to the point of not being hungry anymore -- and hope that nets me at or below my suggested up day ceiling. Tomorrow is a workout day for me, and I am looking forward to that!

I will give this a few more rotations before changing much of anything .. but honestly, if I am going to spend at least half my time uncomfortably hungry, this may not be the plan for me. I am going go get some Konjac goop and try making some of the down day fillers, too.

I spent most of the past year uncomfortably hungry (thanks to way too much time on p2), and I've grown weary of it
I eat Miracle Noodles about once per DD and I take L-glutamine too. I think it was PirateJenny who told us that L-Glutamine helps with fasting. Another great fasting aid is Resveratrol. Some say it is the only way they can fast.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:06 PM   #283
Big Yapper!!!!

I take resveratrol, and have never found l-glutamine to be much of a help -- but thank you for the suggestions!

I do like the miracle noodles well enough, and will start adding those in more often.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:39 PM   #284
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skyesmom2002
Stats: 194/167/154
WOE: Trim Healthy Mama
I had a great UD. I find when I eat what I have a craving for on UD's. My DD are so much easier. I went to Zumba tonight and did my first kettlebell workout this morning. KB is intense! I liked it! I have done JUDDD before without exercise and lost 5lbs but could not lose anymore. This time around I've been exercising 4 days out of the week and the scale has been dropping steadily and my clothes are fitting better
skyesmom2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:54 PM   #285
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skyesmom2002
Stats: 194/167/154
WOE: Trim Healthy Mama
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimonkey View Post

I hope you can find some way to make JUDDD work for you
skyesmom2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:02 PM   #286
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks, Tanya -- I do too. I am not giving up yet-- I'll give it a few weeks and tweak things if I need to -- I guess I am just questioning whether further caloric restriction is the right course of action for me at this particular time, after having done so much of it and having had it backfire on me so badly....
Old 06-23-2012, 01:32 AM   #287
Senior LCF Member

Hi mini - hope your UD is going well, glad to hear that you survived your DD. I'm afraid i don't have any helpful suggestions for you but i can say that i have added the glucomannan powder (1/2tsp) to my morning shakes on the last couple of DDs and i haven't had too much hunger.

Skyesmom good to hear that things are going well for you
Old 06-23-2012, 01:35 AM   #288
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
I started P3-JUDDD style today. I had a meal out at Applebees, all P3-safe (former hcg'r) and had a good day. Ready to do my first DD tomorrow, with miracle noodles (well, a generic kind from an Asian grocery near me). Wish me luck!
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:05 AM   #289
Big Yapper!!!!

Good luck, C'Marie!

I am really looking forward to seeing how this treats you -- I hope it is a great success!!
Old 06-23-2012, 05:29 AM   #290
Junior LCF Member

FairyWren, seriously, nine pounds in 13 days??? That is amazing! What is your secret? Just following the plan? You will be at your goal in no time. So happy for you.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:48 AM   #291

Wow Faierwren that is impressive, great job.

Mini, are you trying to lose or simply maintain? If it is maintenance then you can eat way more cals on your UDs. Lots of people still lose in maintenance... Have a peep at the Maintain Lane, once you have 2 or 3 weeks of these starter numbers under you belt it may be the answer for you.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:11 AM   #292
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty135 View Post
FairyWren, seriously, nine pounds in 13 days??? That is amazing! What is your secret? Just following the plan? You will be at your goal in no time. So happy for you.
Yes, just following the plan - 500 cals on DDs and 1950(ish) on UDs. Drinking plenty of water, i try and have 2 litres a day. Keeping it low carb (25-30g on UDs and around 50g on a DD). Some of that will have been water weight as i came from a 5 week carb fest

The losses are bound to slow down now i'm sure! Have lost 1.5" off my waist as well which i was rather happy about i don't usually measure myself but after reading through the non-scale victories thread i thought i would see what's going on.

So no, no secrets just sticking with the plan. And do you know what, i don't really mind if it takes me the next two years to get to goal i feel with JUDDD that it IS achievable and i really like the WOE.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:23 AM   #293
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heather
Stats: 175.8/155.8/149.8
WOE: JUDDD/Potato Hack
Start Date: Restart 6/27/14 - Loss: 20.0 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Wow Mini, are you trying to lose or simply maintain? If it is maintenance then you can eat way more cals on your UDs. Lots of people still lose in maintenance... Have a peep at the Maintain Lane, once you have 2 or 3 weeks of these starter numbers under you belt it may be the answer for you.
Mini - This is exactly what I was thinking. With all your exercising seems to me you need more calories??? If I was that starving, I'd eat a big bowl of vegetable soup or something, going up to maintenance calories for awhile. Sounds like your body is telling you it needs to heal with more calories after so long in starvation level. Hope something someone says helps you.
Heather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:30 AM   #294
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heather
Stats: 175.8/155.8/149.8
WOE: JUDDD/Potato Hack
Start Date: Restart 6/27/14 - Loss: 20.0 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyWren View Post
So no, no secrets just sticking with the plan. And do you know what, i don't really mind if it takes me the next two years to get to goal i feel with JUDDD that it IS achievable and i really like the WOE.
Fairywren - Couldn't have said it better.

(uhhhh.....yeah, maybe I could - just change two years to one please. )
Heather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:31 AM   #295
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusrose63
Stats: 156/156/130 - 5'4", Age: 53
WOE: JUDDD 1900/800 or less if I can!
Start Date: JUDDD restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Mini, are you trying to lose or simply maintain? If it is maintenance then you can eat way more cals on your UDs. Lots of people still lose in maintenance... Have a peep at the Maintain Lane, once you have 2 or 3 weeks of these starter numbers under you belt it may be the answer for you.
I totally agree. I only lift weights and run or elliptical 2 X week on average because of my work schedule and I am using the "light exercise" calories. I am still losing, and body is changing how I like so far.

It sounds like you work out quite intensely, I think you should up your cals to at least the moderate level for UD. I would seriously consider upping your DD a bit too, essential even, after the first 2 weeks--if not right now--considering your workout intensity. No diet is sustainable if it does not work for US, and keeping our sanity is key IMHO.

Lost 3 pounds from Jan 1 2012 til April 30 2012 by "eating healthy", LC, etc...
Lost 12 pounds from May 1 2012 til September 1 2012 with JUDDD

Down and Up 10-15# every year since 2000 with VLC, semi LC and Carb Cycling
Anticipating forever success with JUDDD!!
cactusrose63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:05 PM   #296
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
I know I shouldn't have weighed after an UD according to JUDDD but I'm an hcg'r first and foremost and so I did. NO CHANGE. I'm really hopeful I stabilize this time like a rock. Watching those calories yesterday was an eye-opener. I think in previous P3's I was trying to really up the calories, which is good, but I may have been too high too quick, along with eating some foods better reserved for later after stabilization.

And hubs and I went over some of his regular calories and he is going to start with 500-600 for this two weeks because of his activity level at his job and to ease into it. Making a big pot of miracle noodles/cabbage/spicybroth for him and I to eat later today along with some chicken. I'm still amazed he's actually willing to do JUDDD with me. As long as I help him plan everything out and he can do UD calories every other day where he can have his snacks/treats etc he seems fine with it. LOVING JUDDD right now just for that reason alone!

HCG Rx to lose - JUDDD to maintain
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:56 PM   #297
Big Yapper!!!!

Fairywren -- your numbers are amazing -- this obviously agrees with you!

C'Marie -- awesome about the NO CHANGE from yesterday! You go!

Thanks, everyone, for the feedback. I am wanting to lose another ten pounds or so, but would be fine with stabilizing for a while and then taking those pounds off once I am stable and my body has adapted to this style of eating -- I don't tend to lose pounds well while I am training hard in any event.

I'm using the numbers for moderate exercise as it is -- which gives me 1840 on up days, and I am sticking with the 500 for down days (as opposed to the 380 for maximum weight loss mode). I've been pretty good about sticking to the down day numbers, but have gone over on the up days, I know --

I'm not ravenous today (up day), so maybe that is a good sign.

I do work out pretty hard , generally about 4 times a week (not counting walking and general daily activity) and I work out to build muscle, which my body does extremely well for a woman. It does tend to send my appetite through the roof, though, and I hate that.

Using these numbers, it averages out to less than 1200 calories a day, which honestly does seem low to me -- but since plenty of you are working out and using the prescribed numbers, I didn't want to mess with it too much upfront --

I'll give it a few more rotations, and hope my body adapts.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:58 PM   #298
Big Yapper!!!!

I've noticed that a lot of you add the extra maintenance calories to your up days, rather than the down days...? The JUDDD calculator gives me the same up day number, and a much higher down day number for maintenance....

Is there an advantage to adding the extra calories to the up days instead, or is that just something you prefer for some reason?
Old 06-23-2012, 03:33 PM   #299

Yes that is correct Mini, Dr J never seems to up the UD cals, but I follow Pat's (So Happy) theory about pushing the cals as much as we can to fix our broken metabolisms.

It seems to work for many of us, but who knows if it works for us all. It does for me...
Old 06-23-2012, 03:48 PM   #300
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks, Kissa

I guess I am doing some version of that right now -- higher up days than recommended at times, and trying to stick pretty closely to the the down day limits. I may switch that up, though, if the down days continue to be so miserable -- I'm hopeful that in time my body (and mind) will get the hang of the rotations.

I will keep trying and see what ends up feeling right in time -- and I will see how I feel after busting my booty in the gym this afternoon!