Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2012, 04:55 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lylydvd
free days ..??

i heard that it's alright to have a free day every now and then. i actually did this once and lost without any problem..today is my second free day after only 20 days since the first one..i'm feeling guilty.. i ate 3300 calories today which mean 1200 extra calories..i'm trying make myself feel better by keep telling her :"this may be helpful to prevent my body from going into starvation mode and shocking my metabolism etc"..but i'm not really convinced !!
my question is:how can i undo this?
lylydvd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2012, 06:10 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IThinkICan
Stats: 218/142-144/145
WOE: HCG-R5P4 JUDDD
Don't worry. Just make sure you have a good DD tomorrow and keep up with the rotation. You have to splurge every now and then... people go a whole week on vacation without sticking to proper limits and the rotation, and they can get right back on track after a few DDs. I'm sure you'll be fine. Do a DD tomorrow, UD the next day, and DD after that... keep it going!
IThinkICan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:03 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
I agree, just move on with your rotations as always. However, I would not continue to tell yourself untruths about FD being good for weight loss, they aren't. I'm sure you haven't done any lasting damage, don't worry!
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:23 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Llydvd, one of my FAVOURITE thing about Juddd is the fact that today is a new day. I love this because I have a lot to learn about my weird relationships with food, guilt, and perfectionism (to name a few of the biggies). Over the last six weeks, I feel like I've run into almost every wall I have ever known, and rats, I'll bet there are more to come! BUT I'm learning something each time, and am SO happy to see that guilt, for one, is not ruling me quite the way she used to.
I think we're all doing beautifully,
Old 06-01-2012, 03:24 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Llydvd, one of my FAVOURITE thing about Juddd is the fact that today is a new day. I love this because I have a lot to learn about my weird relationships with food, guilt, and perfectionism (to name a few of the biggies). Over the last six weeks, I feel like I've run into almost every wall I have ever known, and rats, I'll bet there are more to come! BUT I'm learning something each time, and am SO happy to see that guilt, for one, is not ruling me quite the way she used to.
I think we're all doing beautifully,
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:53 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
The worst that happens from one UUAD is that you slow yourself down a tiny bit. Make sure you have a normal, clean DD and you will be back on track very quickly.

The important thing is to consider why you had a FD, or UUAD. Was it a special occasion? Special occasions sometimes happen. And, on some of them, we can make a conscious decision to eat whatever we want, then get back on track as quickly as possible.

Or, was your FD "just because"? Because of stress, because something looked really good, just because. I encourage you to consider what triggered this and make plans about what you are going to do the next time you encounter that trigger - begin working to change the your relationship to food.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:52 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/120/118-123
WOE: JUDDD
lylydvd- I also had a free day yesterday It was supposed to be DD and I did fine till about 2 PM. I had some almond flour crackers in the afernoon and from there it went down hill. I basically binged on fruits and smoothies and stopped counting. Well, I added up everything in the evening and my calories count was about 1500-1600. So I over-ate my DD by 1000 cal

Well, today is another day and I am making it a DD. It was my first day of period and also first time period on JUDD (since I started JUDD 3 weeks ago). It is rare that I am hungry during my period. I am usually ravenous few days before. I only had 1 day during PMS that I went over my calories. I am still learning how my hormones and react on the new diet. I am also learing about carbs (which I eliminated on Atkins before starting JUDD).

I think the reason why it went downhill for me yesterday was because I was hungry and I reached for fruits. I am very carb sensitive and once I start I can't control myself. It would have been a better choice to have some turkey that I had in the fridge but stupidly I thought I will have just little bit of fruits (since they don't have as many calories as meat), but this triggered a craving for more.
Anyway, it happens and I read that many people actually loose after free day. So let's not worry and move on!!! Today is another day

My Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...orward-11.html
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:51 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Wow that could have been so much worse! I wouldn't feel too bad. I get ravenous around TOM and if I were to cheat it sure wouldn't be with fruit and smoothies lol. I can't imagine that you did any real damage.
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote