Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2012, 03:43 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mayleesa
Stats: (5'5") 209/176.4/140lb
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/26/2013
here we go...again

great all week...working out, working my numbers and guess what always happens....a WEEKEND comes along and wipes me back to my starting point come monday...DANG YOU WEEKEND! saturday is slated to be my down day, and sunday is the WINE FESTIVAL!!! of course that will be my up day but man are these 2 days the hardest to commit to one of them being down....my friends/family and i are always hanging out and food and alcohol are the things we do....i need some help or i'm gonna be in this week of greatness/weekend of epic fail cycle for the rest of my life...i just need to find a way to care more for the dd weekend day whichever it may be or just keep batting around 199 which also makes me mad cause i can't lose my vacation weight for love nor money...and trust me if paying large sums of money would make me thinner i'd die a broke woman....i wish i could pay a voodoo witch doctor for some lbs gone hahahahaha

Feb 1: 190 ---> 193.8
March 1: 185 -> 188.0
April 1: 180 --> 184.8
May 1: 175 --> 178.2
June 1: 170
.......-5/month until my birthday in
DECEMBER: 140

Last edited by mayleesa; 05-31-2012 at 03:44 PM..
mayleesa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2012, 04:29 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
Another post suggested upping the dd cals to a max of 60% mode when traveling or special occasions. I don't know what you are currently eating on dd but if its 500 you can try like 700 etc....depending what the cal says, then go back to your lower dd during the week? Just an idea. Haven't tried it yet.... good luck
cuttie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:43 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mayleesa
Stats: (5'5") 209/176.4/140lb
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/26/2013
thanks i talked to myself after posting this and told me that i WANT this more than i need food or booze....i will try my hardest this saturday and i will take into the upping percentages more instead of just giving in completely to the food/etoh....thanks i'm just sad i can't control myself better
mayleesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:17 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CharlotteChick
Stats: 164/147/140
WOE: Post-hcg/high fat/low carbs
Start Date: JUDD: March 27, 2012 :-)
It's one day at a time If we mess up, we mess up -- but wake up the next morning to a new day. New beginnings.
CharlotteChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:50 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Maylessa, all of us have to deal with one DD every weekend. Why can't you just enjoy your friends and family and leave it at that? It is simply a matter of what your priorities are. Do you want to "reward" yourself with food or give yourself what you really deserve, a lean and healthy body. You simply cannot have both. You are really wasting your efforts during the week only to undo them each weekend. Then you have to deal with all the guilt and anger that comes with it. Does anything you are eating taste that damn good. You still have one UD per weekend to have your food and if you plan well, you can eat well.Kh That's a lot more than you could do on any other diet I can think of. I tend to go with a bit of tough love. You really can have your cake and eat it too on this woe, just not everyday. I eat my beloved chocolate every UD. Would I love to eat it everyday. YES! But I will settle for every other day while fitting in my thin jeans. It's really a win win. Think about it
Vanessa
PS: cuttie, that was suggested for someone with a completely different circumstance and would not be appropriate in this instance.

Last edited by Muffabuff; 06-01-2012 at 12:55 AM.. Reason: Forgot
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:50 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Mayleesa,
Acchhh, we're all learning our way through this, aren't we? And each of us runs into the behaviors, the cravings, the family patterns, the WHATEVER that got us here as we're finding our way through. I think it's fantastic that you can identify your challenge so well (don't know if I'm there yet), and fantastic that you put it all on a thread so that we can pitch in our support.
My two cents? Nobody knows what you want better than you do. And nobody gets more frustrated about your own obstacles. Every single one of us can identify.
Take heart. Lots of good people here have made it through. And lots of good people here are rooting for you. Somebody'll post words that will give you just the right inspiration for today.
We turn the ship around, bit by bit.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:39 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttie99 View Post
Another post suggested upping the dd cals to a max of 60% mode when traveling or special occasions. I don't know what you are currently eating on dd but if its 500 you can try like 700 etc....depending what the cal says, then go back to your lower dd during the week? Just an idea. Haven't tried it yet.... good luck
I actually agree with this only if you have been JUDDing for a while.. It is not recommened durring like the first few weeks or so.. What IMHO is needed is a WOE you can live with.. and JUDDD is just that woe.. If you go to the thread that Cutie is reffering to here.. you will see that if you UP your down days on occation(based on per need) you can still work this plan and not ruin everything you worked for.. What i would do is to "plan" You must pick that number your goin to go with even at a higher percentage say.. 45% loss mode or 50% for that day only.. What ever that higher number is.. Plan out your evening with freinds.. be socal but remember.. you still must stay with in "that" number for the day.. IE if your normal DD cal is 500 and you chose to party.. and go with say 1000 even.. Save those calories for that party.. fast all day.. or nibble.. but in order to have your cake and eat it too on a DD even with higher percentage you will need some disapline on that day..Plan and stay with in what ever down day percentage you chose just for that day.. I would never recommend.. to make this a habbit.. i would know that you "can" use it like this on those times that a DD falls with a fun party time for the summer. Good luck.. and if i am way off base i am truly sorry.
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:21 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KelAly8894
Stats: 124/118/110
WOE: JUDDD 1500/500
Start Date: 5/29/2012
I certainly hear you, Mayleesa. Today is a DD for me, and my DH and I usually spend part of the evening relaxing with a glass of wine or two. On days like this I try to fast until dinner time (having coffee with some low cal cream and stevia if I have to) and then have a large salad as my only meal. I also make sure to workout pretty intensely for at least an hour in the morning, before the fasting has really kicked in. Also, there are many low cal drinks and snacks you can bring along with you on weekends to help. I love Absolut Citron, club soda, and real lime juice (I crush the heck out of some thin pieces of lime to really get the juice out, and then dump them in). It is very refreshing and definitely only for sipping. Trader Joe's has a great white bean hummus and lots of others that are very low in calories. Sometimes I have some of that with carrots or celery as my appetizer. I really believe you have more low cal choices than you think. Good luck !!!!
KelAly8894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:04 AM   #9
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
This is the thread that was referred to. I believe I had an epiphany...my longest post ever.

I don't think it is something to be used every DD or even every weekend DD, but I think by reading it you may be able to get your head around the idea that you have not necessarily 'failed' if you overeat on a DD. The danger for many of us is that if we eat a few cals over our correct number we 'throw in the towel' and eat and drink like there is no tomorrow. Which, as you well know is not helpful.

So do your very, very best. As Muffabuff says, the fun is the folks, not the food. (In part )

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:29 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
One way I deal with weekends is by choosing ONE MEAL per Saturday or Sunday to just eat with my friends or my son and not worry about the calorie count too much.

I'm losing very slowly so this may not be acceptable to you.
Also, it is not strictly JUDDD so there may be some who disagree with me.
However, it keeps me from going completely off the rails.
There's also an IF (intermittent fasting) plan called Fast5.
You fast for 19 hours and limit your eating to 5 hours per day.
I find this works great for festivals, holidays, BBQs, etc.

So I might do something like this:
UD Thursday
Fast* all day Friday but have "Up Day" dinner (or a regular DD if nothing special comes up).
Fast all day Saturday but have "Up Day" dinner (or late lunch..for a BBQ or birthday, for example).
Sunday breakfast/brunch, no lunch, light dinner.
Monday DD, Tues UD, Wed DD, Thurs UD, repeat.

(*I sometimes have coffee & cream, or chicken broth with grated zucchini and/or cream, or something else really light...about 100-200 calories from waking until dinner).

I did Fast5 exclusively for a few months this winter (took a break from JUDDD).
I only gained 0.1lb in Jan, 0.7 in Feb and 0.7 in March. NOT bad for me at all, considering I wasn't counting calories OR carbs!!! Although I had hoped to lose, not gain, it showed me that it's a possible plan for maintenance (if I ever get there, lol).

And Fast5 can be combined with JUDDD, if you find that limiting your eating window daily is helpful. The ONLY rule is to observe the 5-hour window; you can do that with UD/DD calories.
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6

Last edited by piratejenny; 06-01-2012 at 10:35 AM.. Reason: *
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:41 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Pirate Jenny,
I did a fast 4-or-5 for about four days almost a month into Juddd. It was a welcome break at the time and prevented me doing a lot of caloric damage. I felt like leaping back into Juddd after that, but I'm grateful for your reminders about riffs on IF
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:00 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
Mayleesa......hoping what these great caring BUDDS have said will help and I want you to know how much I am rooting for you. EVERYONE wants to see yoy succeed.

Your loving caring JUDDD BUDD, Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote