Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2012, 07:28 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
No more un-happy days~

Ya know.. as i sit here everyday reading about numbers.. i have come to a new goal decision for me... I look at the number on my scale every day.. sometimes two or three times a day and when i dont see a "number" i like.. it puts my mood for the day in to a tailspin! Well no more! I sat down with my self last nite and had a long talk about what is it goin to take to make you happy?? And the funny thing was.. my answer was not what i expected.. "self" said thing like... "last year if you had reached 190 you would have thought you had the world by it tail!~" Yet here i sit at that number and am so un-happy.."why" i asked.. Well my conclusion was not about "that number" .. I still have a large (but alot smaller than last year) Miffin top!.. When i look at my self naked or clothed it is the one thing that i hate the most about my body.. I dont want to hate any part of my body any more~ So here goes.... My goal for happiness is for me to be able to make "that roll" gone! I now know that NO NUMBER on my scale will make me as happy as that roll to be gone will.. The Roll keeps me from so many things.. Clothes must always be two to three time my true body size to accomidate it and i am so tired of making accomidations for that dang rollAs of this day..May 31,2012 my new goal is to do what ever it takes for that roll to be gone from my life forever~ Thank you for letting put this out there.. i need to see it in writing to hold my self accountable.. LOVE MY JUDDD BUDDDS
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2012, 07:52 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
I understand about that roll! Even at 5 pounds below goal, I still have it when I sit (at least it's gone when I stand now). But I realize that without exercise, I am NOT going to be able to make that dang thing disappear. So I, just yesterday, had a long talk with myself as well, and decided that the one thing I really love is ballet. So I am going to do 1/2 hour of ballet barre exercises at least 3x a week. That will strengthen my core, whittle my legs, and help with endurance as well. I did a few plies last night to get me in the groove, and will likely start a bit slower at first so I don't get so sore I quit, but I AM going to do this.

We can eliminate the roll together!
Old 05-31-2012, 08:04 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
I understand about that roll! Even at 5 pounds below goal, I still have it when I sit (at least it's gone when I stand now). But I realize that without exercise, I am NOT going to be able to make that dang thing disappear. So I, just yesterday, had a long talk with myself as well, and decided that the one thing I really love is ballet. So I am going to do 1/2 hour of ballet barre exercises at least 3x a week. That will strengthen my core, whittle my legs, and help with endurance as well. I did a few plies last night to get me in the groove, and will likely start a bit slower at first so I don't get so sore I quit, but I AM going to do this.

Yes we can... Together woo hoo .. i love the sound of that
Old 05-31-2012, 08:11 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimberino
Stats: 235/141 50 yo
WOE: Atkins/now JUDDD
Start Date: 3 '09 Atkins-3 '12 JUDDD
Hubby told me he likes the tops of muffins the best (dating myself here, as I know he got that from an old Seinfeld epi) - so I may just have to be content to hang onto mine! What a great attitude you have - numbers can set the tone for our whole day and it does get tiring. Good luck!
kimberino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:29 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Kim~ And you if you found happiness with in your self your half way there( sounds like hubby is a keeper~
Old 05-31-2012, 09:10 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Kimberly, I can so relate to this. The number on the scale is so inaccurate in the picture it paints for me. I'm 2lbs from goal, and after some DDs swing down to 1lb from goal, but I've got that roll too. I'm like a ball on two toothpicks. Granted a smaller ball now, but still way rounder up top than bottom. No butt, no hips, no thighs, no chest either, just that awful belly. It is a constant nightmare looking for jeans and pants that fit.

Thing is, I'm not interested at all in losing more weight than the goal I've set, and I'm not sure that would be the answer for me to lose the belly either. It's gotten to the smallest size it's been with JUDDD compared to the millions of other diets in the past, but it's still practically the same size as my hips. I'm starting to think that there's just no way I can get it to the size I want without some serious exercise as well. I used to workout religiously a few years back and I need to buckle down right now and get back into it.

I wish you the best of luck, and I'd like to join you guys in trying to rid myself of "the roll" as well and having a better self-image!
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:49 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilanteira View Post
Kimberly, I can so relate to this. The number on the scale is so inaccurate in the picture it paints for me. I'm 2lbs from goal, and after some DDs swing down to 1lb from goal, but I've got that roll too. I'm like a ball on two toothpicks. Granted a smaller ball now, but still way rounder up top than bottom. No butt, no hips, no thighs, no chest either, just that awful belly. It is a constant nightmare looking for jeans and pants that fit.

Thing is, I'm not interested at all in losing more weight than the goal I've set, and I'm not sure that would be the answer for me to lose the belly either. It's gotten to the smallest size it's been with JUDDD compared to the millions of other diets in the past, but it's still practically the same size as my hips. I'm starting to think that there's just no way I can get it to the size I want without some serious exercise as well. I used to workout religiously a few years back and I need to buckle down right now and get back into it.

I wish you the best of luck, and I'd like to join you guys in trying to rid myself of "the roll" as well and having a better self-image!

Aww welcome to the "roll removal" We can do this~ We will do this~ We are all stronger than we give ourselves credit for.. I hate exersise! But i know now.. its really the way i have to go if i want to be happy with my body~
Old 05-31-2012, 10:23 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/116.8/115-120
WOE: JUDDD
I am on the same boat. Only 4 lbs away from goal but the roll is there (It did get smaller with the weight loss) but I have a feeling I can never get rid of it completely. This is just how I am built. I always had a belly. I was a very skiny kid wiith a belly. I also have flat butt Thankfully I am happy with my upper part
I read somehwere if you have shorter torso, or the last rib and you pelvic bone are very close to each other, it is difficult to get flat abb. I have 1.25 " space b/w the two.
I like that goal- LET'S WORK ON THE ROLL

My Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...orward-11.html
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:34 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobelowcarber View Post
I am on the same boat. Only 4 lbs away from goal but the roll is there (It did get smaller with the weight loss) but I have a feeling I can never get rid of it completely. This is just how I am built. I always had a belly. I was a very skiny kid wiith a belly. I also have flat butt Thankfully I am happy with my upper part
I read somehwere if you have shorter torso, or the last rib and you pelvic bone are very close to each other, it is difficult to get flat abb. I have 1.25 " space b/w the two.
I like that goal- LET'S WORK ON THE ROLL
I have one of those rib cages.. very very short in the torso and nice long leggs~ According to my hubby i have no butt either,just wide hips,, i am working on lunges.. and floor exersize to pump up my rear,, and it seams to finally have a new shape,, and in only a week and half.. My roll was never there in high school,, but after my first kid.. i was 296 punds and had gotten this weird roll of flesh that sits on top of my pants Now i know i can never make it gone gone.. but! i will make it less visable! The bad thing is,, if i am on all fours hands and knees.. it hangs away from my body sooo i know there is goin to be some that will never leave due to its skin.. but im ok with that.. for now!
Old 05-31-2012, 10:45 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: zeraspride
Stats: Highest 282.5 CW: 265 GW: 160
Start Date: 5/21/12
Kimberly - on a different but similar vein - when I lost weight last time I was happy with the way I looked except for the flab under my arms. I mean it was so bad little children would ask me about it. No adult would dare! This time I want to work on my arms in particular to hopefully widdle away at the flab as I go along. But mostly I just want to find a way to accept me for the way I look (the horror) at any given time and yes even now at 260+ pounds which is so hard.

Anyway, just wanted to say how proud I am of all you ladies that are maintaining or pretty much near your goal weight and still JUDDDing along. I hope to be like you all when I get to my goal!

If food is not the problem, eating is not the solution!

Better to have 100 enemies outside your car than one enemy in the car with you - an Arabian proverb

Down 12.8 pounds
zeraspride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:46 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Kimberly, my muffin was born about two years ago, as I approached menopause. I'm trying to make peace with her (she's not the prettiest baby,but she's mine!). She's dwindling a wee bit as I lose weight, but I finally understand why some older folks sometimes wear their pants hiked way up to their ribs.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:59 AM   #12
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
One thing to remember is you, me, WE are all more than that number! Don't let that number dictate how you feel or act! I didn't weigh for many years due to that number having control over me...now with JUDDD I can weigh and it still no longer has control!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:01 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:04 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
One thing to remember is you, me, WE are all more than that number! Don't let that number dictate how you feel or act! I didn't weigh for many years due to that number having control over me...now with JUDDD I can weigh and it still no longer has control!
I do know how that kind of feels.. I mean..Before,, there is no way in heck i would ever EVER tell any one how much i really weighed! Now..Im like yah i was blah blah lasat week and this week i am blah blah, its weird how i now have no fear to say that number out loud any more!
Old 05-31-2012, 11:05 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Kimberly, my muffin was born about two years ago, as I approached menopause. I'm trying to make peace with her (she's not the prettiest baby,but she's mine!). She's dwindling a wee bit as I lose weight, but I finally understand why some older folks sometimes wear their pants hiked way up to their ribs.
I can not imagine wearing mine up that high~lol
Old 05-31-2012, 11:08 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeraspride View Post
Kimberly - on a different but similar vein - when I lost weight last time I was happy with the way I looked except for the flab under my arms. I mean it was so bad little children would ask me about it. No adult would dare! This time I want to work on my arms in particular to hopefully widdle away at the flab as I go along. But mostly I just want to find a way to accept me for the way I look (the horror) at any given time and yes even now at 260+ pounds which is so hard.

Anyway, just wanted to say how proud I am of all you ladies that are maintaining or pretty much near your goal weight and still JUDDDing along. I hope to be like you all when I get to my goal!
I hear you loud and clear.. I am you! I know the pain you are feeling.. i am there.. I have those wings. but still have a lot of flesh still in mine too.. BUT i need to find peace in my head first,, and be my own cheerleader at times.. to try and feel like i am a sucess and i am more than the sum of all my partsZeraspride.. we will heal... but it will take time
Old 05-31-2012, 11:27 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
That's a great idea, I love it!

I can certainly relate. For me the scale can become obsessive. After being in every mode from refusing to get weighed at all, to being completely crazed about weighing multiple times a day, I've finally trained myself to weigh only two times (right in a row to verify) in the morning after a DD. I do get so tempted to stray from that but if I do I'll be on the same path you described above, checking multiple times a day in every scenario I can think of....it's just all too much. And you are so right at how much that "number" can affect moods.

You've got a great plan!
Old 05-31-2012, 12:31 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWeigh View Post
That's a great idea, I love it!

I can certainly relate. For me the scale can become obsessive. After being in every mode from refusing to get weighed at all, to being completely crazed about weighing multiple times a day, I've finally trained myself to weigh only two times (right in a row to verify) in the morning after a DD. I do get so tempted to stray from that but if I do I'll be on the same path you described above, checking multiple times a day in every scenario I can think of....it's just all too much. And you are so right at how much that "number" can affect moods.

You've got a great plan!
Ya know hun.. Yesterday i got real down and thought to my self.. was not to long ago i was upset i could not get past 194 .. i just wanted so bad to be 190.. well now thats not good enough any more either. Normally i eat on my DD 120 cals in creamer in my coffee ya know.. and i have been adding as most have said.. like 200 or so real food choices on those down days too.. well yesterday... I ate a bag of cheetoes..320 cal for one of those single person bags! I enjoyed it soo much! Been for ever since i had a "cheat".. Well that lead to eating my way up to 950 cals on my DD!!!!!! Unreal~ Any way.. the guilt was so bad that i just HAD to get on the scale after all was said and done for the day just to see what damage i had done~ Weird aint it how we think we really can gain weight that fast huh?? I was shocked to see no change on a dd with food in my belly.. and to wake up to no gain was even more shocking.. Thats when i saiid.. enuffff,,, i put my scale away, and now (like my hubby) i will weigh in only once a week.. just to keep tabs on that numbers for tweeking purposes.. this is goin to be the hardest part of my challnge to my self.. is to not hop on all day every day
Old 05-31-2012, 12:58 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KathyL
Stats: 205/118-122/125 5'4" Age 53
WOE: low glycemic index in 2011 JUDDD in 2012
Start Date: January 2011
I like your way of thinking (and having conversations with yourself)!

I've been in a different yet similar spot. I am below goal but not really happy about my weight though I should be. I don't have a muffin top or a roll. But I have this bit of belly that really bothers me. It's just up front and center. I can lose more weight and it shrinks some and that makes me happy. Except the rest of me shrinks too and I honestly don't need that! So I need to quit connecting the number on the scale with that issue because I do not want to go lower. I exercise a lot already but nothing really targets my abdomen so I'm going to look for some different exercises to try. I'd love this to be gone by vacation in October.
KathyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:00 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Abby
Stats: 5'7";197_'09;167/139/132_'12
WOE: LC/VLC
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
I understand about that roll! Even at 5 pounds below goal, I still have it when I sit (at least it's gone when I stand now). But I realize that without exercise, I am NOT going to be able to make that dang thing disappear.
I too am close to goal but still have a roll. It's not noticeable when I'm clothed, but it IRKS me no end!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not delicate enough to do ballet. I have an abs routine at the gym but realize that we CANNOT lose fat in selective areas regardless of our routines. I most likely will simply lower my goal weight to achieve the desired result........

Good Luck,
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:15 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I did my ballet work today, AND walked 1/2 mile. I had a blood sugar spike after having some coconut milk ice cream after lunch and needed some brisk exercise to bring it down. So I walked while swinging and pumping my arms. 20 minutes later, it was right back down where it should be. Whew.

And I'm not too sore, so can do more exercise tomorrow.

I also need to remind myself that I'm not 16, and I HAVE had 4 children. I am not likely to every have a completely flat stomach again--at least not without working WAY harder than I ever intend to. So while I can make some changes, I need to be realistic about what to expect.

And I thought I'd share that while my weight is ultra stable, I did record 1/4" losses from my waist, rib cage, abdomen and hip measurements this morning. The body sculpting power of JUDDD just totally amazes me.

Last edited by mykidsteacher; 06-01-2012 at 09:17 PM..
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:27 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
Ya know hun.. Yesterday i got real down and thought to my self.. was not to long ago i was upset i could not get past 194 .. i just wanted so bad to be 190.. well now thats not good enough any more either. :
I honestly had to QUIT thinking about how much I do weigh, and stay completely focused on how much I've lost. If I thought about where I am right now I would lose hope that I will ever arrive at "reasonable". Despite losing 40 pounds since January (25 on JUDDD), I don't think anyone has noticed. How sad is that! Oh well, I'm going to keep plugging along, leaving days and pounds in the past!
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:12 AM   #23

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
We've noticed! And we are thrilled, you are one of our JUDDD stars.

Tina, what a great idea taking up ballet. Do you simply do it at home? Did you see dearest Eieio has taken up archery? What a great bunch you all are.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:20 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Hey no weigh,, i know how ya feel,, no one has notice mine either.. Then i actually bought a new goal sweater and wore that out, and finally people noticed,, part of my problem was that i was still trying to use my old clothes and they hide everything,,, "fat or weight loss" So i was sabataging my self by not showing off what i have lost~ go buy a a new shirt and see what folks say then!
Old 06-04-2012, 10:21 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Tina.. WTG you losing still inches.. Thats really where its at aint it,,, Firm firm firm up is my new moto!~
Old 06-05-2012, 03:24 AM   #26
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KelAly8894
Stats: 124/118/110
WOE: JUDDD 1500/500
Start Date: 5/29/2012
Hey, Ladies. I have really enjoyed this thread !!! At my age (51), I have found the only exercise that works to shrink my belly fat is high intensity interval training (HIIT). I have found some dvd's that seem to work for me. They include short bursts of higher intensity cardio (with small weights) followed by a short recovery time. This type of workout is new for me and pretty hard to do, but the results are the best I've seen in years. I too am going to stop worrying about what the scale is telling me and focus on the results I am seeing and feeling. Thanks so much for all of your comments. I find all of you so inspiring!!!
KelAly8894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:50 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelAly8894 View Post
Hey, Ladies. I have really enjoyed this thread !!! At my age (51), I have found the only exercise that works to shrink my belly fat is high intensity interval training (HIIT). I have found some dvd's that seem to work for me. They include short bursts of higher intensity cardio (with small weights) followed by a short recovery time. This type of workout is new for me and pretty hard to do, but the results are the best I've seen in years. I too am going to stop worrying about what the scale is telling me and focus on the results I am seeing and feeling. Thanks so much for all of your comments. I find all of you so inspiring!!!
I will have to look up that Dvd for my self.. I have started target training with weight for my wings now.. i know they will never look normal but... i can make them look better!~
Old 06-05-2012, 06:27 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
We've noticed! And we are thrilled, you are one of our JUDDD stars.

Tina, what a great idea taking up ballet. Do you simply do it at home? Did you see dearest Eieio has taken up archery? What a great bunch you all are.
Kissa, yes, just do it at home. I took dance from ages 3-8, and again from 13-26. I also taught. LOVED it. Had a dream of being a ballerina. Took ballet in college, but more for the exercise than anything else. The practical side of me took over and I majored in business (the whole starving artist thing didn't have so much appeal as I got older, lol).

I got some music for ballet from the library, and just created my own routine. I'm already feeling stronger!
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:21 PM   #29

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Well done TIna.

Kimberley I love your new avatar. Such a great couple. Good advice about wearing clothes that fit the way you are now! Looking good.

Respect on interval training KelAly.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote