Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2012, 09:56 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melisa82
Stats: 5'6" SW 244 CW Too Much GW 160
WOE: LC
Start Date: 3/27/12
Feeling Discouraged

My weight has been UP after every UD, which is to be expected, but it's not going back down after my DD. I've put on 3.4 pounds in the past 5 days For the 1st time, I feel like throwing in the towel. I was only a pound away from my May goal and now I'm 4+ pounds away.

IDK what to do as I haven't changed anything. It's not TOM, I'm not sick, I'm not taking any Rx's, etc etc etc... I have no idea what is going on, but I don't like it.

Just wanted to get it out there. Thanks for listening.
Goal 4: 145
melisa82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2012, 10:09 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10

Keep on keeping on Melissa. This too shall pass.

If you throw in the towel, what good will that do? You won't have the joy of only dieting half the time, and we won't have the fun of your company.

Seriously though I am sure you will see a loss soon. I am betting that you are looking great and if you are doing everything the same you should see the pounds fall away and take some more with them.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:12 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 8/18/14
Wish I could help . Maybe time to refigure the calculator if you've lost quite a few pounds thus far on JUDDD?
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:33 AM   #4

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Our crazy bodies never want to do what we ask of them. I think if you're doing everything the same, it's got to be either an environmental factor which will pass soon enough, or maybe some sneaky sodium got into the mix and it's water weight will also be gone soon enough.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:48 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Relax... It happend to me too.. take a break from looking at it that way... You have not gained "FAT" .. Please Dont change anything.. Keep doing what you have been doing and it will release that excess water.. Perhaps what you need to do is take a break from your scale.. I became obsessed with my scale too..Started getting courious as to what i weighed right after a meal,, then how much did i weigh before i went to bed.. I finally had to put the dang thing away.. and "trust" in JUDDD~ I work the rotations follow my numbers and get on now back to every other day.. Soon to be once a week real quick here.. I know we want this soo bad.. that we become focused on one thing.. and when the numbers dont make any sence we began to feel like it is somthing we did or at least can control... You are doing it just fine.. Remember.. no one but us see's that number on the scale.. no one else see's that number.. I really belived that once i hit a certain number..( for me a year ago) was 190.. i told my self i would be sooo happy if only ... if only.. But now here i sit,, stuck at that number.. and i am not any happier now than i was at 225.. WHY??? Because i let that dang scale control how i was goin to "feel" for that day~.. Well .. No more!!! Look at all that you have lost... see how much better you feel,, and then remember.... the only time limits we have on this weight loss journey,.... we have set up in our OWN minds! Relax.. Give it time.. our bodys are very complex... its never going to be "black or white" Some times we need to see that "GREY" is beautifull too.. Hang in there kiddo
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014

Last edited by sterlinggirl; 05-30-2012 at 10:51 AM..
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:50 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Words of wisdom!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:05 PM   #7

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
again Kimberly, you are rocking today.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:07 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Melisa, oh, I hear you! You know, I wonder if periods of discouragement are just part of the deal as we learn to do this Juddd thing.
I'm really lucky. I only get near a scale about twice a week now. In fact I only weighed myself about three times during the first month (not because i'm disciplined, mind you. I'm a neurotic nut about the numbers but didn't have a scale, then had a broken scale, then traveled, etc.) When I found out I hadn't lost anything after 3.5 weeks, I sorta packed it in for a couple of days. I came back because I like the idea of this WOE. And somehow seven pounds has disappeared in the last two weeks. The weird thing is that without a scale I would have said I was losing steadily the whole time. It sure felt like it. I was losing pants during that first month.
So I don't know what to say except that, in my dream world, we'd all do JUDDD together on an island somewhere and only weigh ourselves once a month or something. Then we'd just be screaming with happiness every time we saw a number.
It's possible that this'll feel less horrible in a few days. We'll all be sending you for those days.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:52 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4

ditto to all the awesome stuff everyone else said!

have you changed your exercise lately?
that can add both water weight and muscle weight.

even if you haven't changed your exercise,
I think I've read/heard that some people put on muscle due to JUDDD alone.

I have a body fat scale and even though it's not 100% consistent,
if I sort of go by averages, I do seem to have lost about 2-3% bodyfat
(which would be about 6-8lbs) while only losing 3lbs on the scale.

I hope your measurements & how your clothes fit are not reflecting this mysterious 3.4lb gain!

Oh, and you said it's not TOM. How about ovulation time?
I often gain more during that than the other.

again!
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:25 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Melissa, don't throw in the towel! Maybe you just had a little extra salt in a few of your meals. It could be anything or nothing at all. Just hang in there and stay the course. You will hit your goal soon enough.
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:33 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimberino
Stats: 235/141 50 yo
WOE: Atkins/now JUDDD
Start Date: 3 '09 Atkins-3 '12 JUDDD
I was feeling the panic as well today - have a gain of about 3 lbs that I don't know where in the heck came from. BUT, I went shopping with the kiddo and tried on the next size down capris just for giggles, and they fit! So, while I may not be losing pounds right now, I'm losing inches. Hang in there!
kimberino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:10 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Please don't give up Melisa. I truly believe this will turn around soon.

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:12 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stargazer
Stats: 190/166/147 5' 10"
WOE: Juddd/ Dukan
Start Date: March 2012
Be extra vigilant about tracking calories and make sure you are at the right UD number now you are so much lighter?
stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:24 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/193/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Just a thought, but could it be around ovulation time for you. I gain almost as much during that week as a I do TOM, nearly 4-5 pounds. So for me, TOM then lose for 1 week then O for a week with gains then lose again for a week then TOM again. Just a thought to keep in mind.
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:04 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rosehip
Stats: 217/194.5/145 - 5'10"
Start Date: LC Jan 2012/ JUDDD May 2012
Kimberly! Some excellent advice there!

I, too, am a scale addict and reading this thread has really helped!

Just want to echo what others have said: don't give up! You will get there, even if it seems impossible right now.
rosehip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:30 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CatherineA
WOE: formerly LC; trying JUDDD 2322.464
Start Date: 5/4/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by melisa82 View Post
My weight has been UP after every UD, which is to be expected, but it's not going back down after my DD. I've put on 3.4 pounds in the past 5 days For the 1st time, I feel like throwing in the towel. I was only a pound away from my May goal and now I'm 4+ pounds away.

IDK what to do as I haven't changed anything. It's not TOM, I'm not sick, I'm not taking any Rx's, etc etc etc... I have no idea what is going on, but I don't like it.

Just wanted to get it out there. Thanks for listening.
You took the words right out of my mouth, Melisa....

Lots of good advice here. I think because I lost so well at the beginning of the month my expectations were unrealistic. Maybe we need a patience thread. I suspect mine is RX, hormones and s l o w recovery from surgery but boy, that first week was fantastic....sigh

let's hang in there, ok?
CatherineA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:04 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineA View Post
You took the words right out of my mouth, Melisa....

Lots of good advice here. I think because I lost so well at the beginning of the month my expectations were unrealistic. Maybe we need a patience thread. I suspect mine is RX, hormones and s l o w recovery from surgery but boy, that first week was fantastic....sigh

let's hang in there, ok?
Ive been there too.. When the weight dropped soo fast i was expecting it to continue at that pace.. when i started to crawl i felt like "i" did somthing wrong.. Or maybe i set my self up for faliure hoping for somthing that was not possible! But what i have learned here is this.. For each sucessfull UP.DD rotaion we "lock" in that progress,, even though we are not rewarded with it on the scale! Just hold fast to the idea,, that every day you follow the rules the body has NO CHOICE but to give us what we deserve~ Another thought to ponder is this.. each pound of fat we need to lose is 3500caloires.. When you look at how many caloire deficit it takes to lose one single pound it can really put things into a better perspective.. hang in there girls~ It is working,, and you will see your just rewards soon
Old 05-31-2012, 06:14 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday, was not a good day. I let the scale mess with my head = bad food choices(way too much salt and CARBS in the form of breading on buffalo wings), bad attitude, just a bad day all around. Woke this morning feeling it. I had a horrible headache and felt like crap. Lesson learned.

So, I didn't weigh today because I didn't want to see what I did to myself. Tomorrow is the beginning of a new month, so I will weigh and take ownership for my choices and then move forward. I think that I put too much pressure on myself and at times, I am way too strict.

Ok. Feel better.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:31 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CharlotteChick
Stats: 164/147/140
WOE: Post-hcg/high fat/low carbs
Start Date: JUDD: March 27, 2012 :-)
SO glad you started this thread. I sure needed to hear all the wonderful pep talks and reminders you got today. This is a great thread to come back to when you need a good pick-me-up

We just need to keep on keeping on!
CharlotteChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:19 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melisa82 View Post
Yesterday, was not a good day. I let the scale mess with my head = bad food choices(way too much salt and CARBS in the form of breading on buffalo wings), bad attitude, just a bad day all around. Woke this morning feeling it. I had a horrible headache and felt like crap. Lesson learned.

So, I didn't weigh today because I didn't want to see what I did to myself. Tomorrow is the beginning of a new month, so I will weigh and take ownership for my choices and then move forward. I think that I put too much pressure on myself and at times, I am way too strict.

Ok. Feel better.
Hey girl,, let re visit your numbers, i dont know what your age is.. but i think if perhpas you took a look at your numbers agin.. and perhpas we adjust them to what would work for you such as.. is your issue your down day? is the issue with your UD? or the food choices you made.. (iif its the Food choices example you were lowcarb and then added them back) then you will just have to wait it out for the water weight to adjust.. If we need to work on your up days numbers we can help there and also with your down day.. so please hun.. let us help where we can ok.. i think we need a liltle more info on what you are doing and how you seam to fall short in what area in order to help you.. it breaks my heart to see yours post,, i feel your pain and i soo want to offer any help i can.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:15 PM   #21
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: RenoMom
Stats: 300/294/199
WOE: JUDDD started 300
Start Date: 4/29/13
Awesome thread, what a great group of Juddd buds we have
Im glad your feeling better, and I know i will get to this point too, and will re read this post.

Hows it going today?
RenoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:36 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Today is a DD and it's a good day in terms of calories, but a very crazy day at work.

I consumed around 650 calories today Well, that's IF I eat the 4oz of steak that is on the grill right now.

Thanks for all the love and support
Old 06-02-2012, 06:29 AM   #23
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: RenoMom
Stats: 300/294/199
WOE: JUDDD started 300
Start Date: 4/29/13
Mmm steak
RenoMom is offline   Reply With Quote