Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2012, 06:43 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetie_pie
Stats: 249.5/228/165
WOE: Atkins / low carb
Start Date: May 2010/re-start Feb 20. 2012
Considering JUDDD..... What can I expect ???

Hi all,

I've been reading the posts in this forum for a little while. I've been losing on Atkins induction for about 4 months now. (Down 24 pounds)

The first 15 pounds came off in the first 2 weeks. The rest has been a slow go. And I haven't been cheating.

I'm just wondering if you experienced Juddd-ers can chime in and tell me what your typical losses look like from week to week?

I'm finding it hard to be hungry at the end of every day. I have not been allowing myself any cheat days.. and I"m feeling a bit deprived. But, another part of me is scared to let go, since eating low carb has really helped me to keep my cravings under control. I worry that JUDDD will make me spin out of control!

So I'm wondering what would be your typical weekly weight loss?

".. a year from now you will have wished you started today..."
sweetie_pie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2012, 06:58 AM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
First - Welcome to JUDDD.
I am steadily losing an average of a pound per week. I started January 8 and have lost a total of 22 pounds. Slow but steady and I like JUDDD way too much to worry about quick weightloss.
You can continue to eat lowcarb on JUDDD. JUDDD is all about calories - not carbs. You get to choose what foods you eat.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:00 AM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Terilynn
Stats: back to LC 1/6/14, going to stick to & make it
WOE: LC
I have only been JUDDDing a little over a month. I love it, however, if you are looking for quick; I don't think JUDDD is it.

I don't understand being hungry low carbing (Atkins) though - you must be restricting calories too....
Terilynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:01 AM   #4
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I was always hungry when I did LC so I understand how you are feeling. Some of us just need carbs to feel full. I could eat a half a cow and be hungry in an hour but if I eat a small bowl of oatmeal I have no problems and can go for hours without being hungry again. I never counted or restricted calories on LC so I know it wasn't lack of calories that was causing me to be hungry.

Here is a good link with lots of info:

Want To Know LOTS About JUDDD?

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 05-30-2012 at 07:05 AM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:01 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for your reply. I see that you have done Atkins before. Are you eating low carb now? What types of food do you have on your up days?
Old 05-30-2012, 07:04 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terilynn View Post
I have only been JUDDDing a little over a month. I love it, however, if you are looking for quick; I don't think JUDDD is it.

I don't understand being hungry low carbing (Atkins) though - you must be restricting calories too....
On the weekends, I usually eat more than I should (but I still try to eat only LC foods). I just find that in the past few weeks I'm not losing as much, so I am restricting my calories for about 3 days a week, in order to be sure that I see a weight loss on the scale.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:05 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimberino
Stats: 235/141 50 yo
WOE: Atkins/now JUDDD
Start Date: 3 '09 Atkins-3 '12 JUDDD
I am losing about 1/2 to 1 lb per week. I was strict LC for 3 years - it was a great WOE for me and it helped me to get the weight off, but I knew I didn't want it to be my WOL. I read a little piece of advice here one day that has really helped with adding the carbs back in - one step at a time. See how your body adjusts and if it triggers cravings, etc. I have no problems and, frankly, I'm just happier I still am moderate carb (80 to 100 most days), but do have the occasional Big Mac splurge.
kimberino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:11 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
I have been JUDDDing now since 3-1-12..with a 21.6 pound loss.. I have eliminated "whites" still on my JUDDD plan but eat lots of fruit and veggys with the once a week or two times a week flax whole wheat pitas to make my pizza from.. Loss now has been around 1 pound per week average.. I see no reason for JUDDD to be an excuss to go crazy.. Yes you can eat any thing you chose.. but IMO why would you chose to eat things that you know in your mind are just not good for your body on regular basic? I Decided that for me... again IMO .. I want to eat to live and not live to eat any more.. I have spent half my life as a larger gal and now its time to live the second half as a thinner healthier me~ Best of luck in what ever you choose... Point is..Its not the WOE its the will power to commit to doing whats best for YOU and your body!
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:25 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Agree with starting out lc, and then adding them back slowly to see how you react. You are already restricting cals some 3 days a week, why not just go all out with a DD and see what happens?

You may find you do just fine with heaps of veggies added in, but need to go more slowly on the grain/sugar stuff. Or you may find you body responds beautifully to even those. Simply try them one type at a time, for a week or two. If you start to feel bingy, then remove it and try again a few weeks later.

For some, JUDDD has quick results. But most settle in to a slower, but steady downward trend. If you do add back carbs, you must be prepared for the bouncy scale. It just happens. But the trend is downward--like a ball bouncing down the stairs.

I tend to come in around 40g carbs on a dd, and 120g on an UD (gross). But I eat practically no grain, and no refined sugar. So my carbs are from nuts, veggies, fruits (mostly berries) and other incidentals.

You could always give it a month, and see how it goes.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:29 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Steph, I have no idea what JUDDD will do with your body. It seems to be different for each of us. I lost nothing (that lasted, anyway) for the first four weeks but I felt great, overall. In the last two weeks, I seem to have lost seven pounds. This makes me very, very happy. And all kinds of wonderful things are happening to my historically whacked relationship with food.
You CAN expect the happiest and most supportive group of juddders anywhere to welcome you and answer all your questions as you grow into this. This group is one of the HUGE keys to JUDDD success, IMHO.
So. WELCOME!
Old 05-30-2012, 07:35 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

You CAN expect the happiest and most supportive group of juddders anywhere to welcome you and answer all your questions as you grow into this. This group is one of the HUGE keys to JUDDD success, IMHO.
So. WELCOME!
Old 05-30-2012, 07:40 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mainemom
Stats: 147/129/115 5' 1"
WOE: LC; Intermittent Fasting; Wheat Free
Start Date: January 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
I have been JUDDDing now since 3-1-12..with a 21.6 pound loss.. I have eliminated "whites" still on my JUDDD plan but eat lots of fruit and veggys with the once a week or two times a week flax whole wheat pitas to make my pizza from.. Loss now has been around 1 pound per week average.. I see no reason for JUDDD to be an excuss to go crazy.. Yes you can eat any thing you chose.. but IMO why would you chose to eat things that you know in your mind are just not good for your body on regular basic? I Decided that for me... again IMO .. I want to eat to live and not live to eat any more.. I have spent half my life as a larger gal and now its time to live the second half as a thinner healthier me~ Best of luck in what ever you choose... Point is..Its not the WOE its the will power to commit to doing whats best for YOU and your body!
Well, said, Kimberly. And words I need to take to heart. I started LC, then JUDDD to not only get thin, but to be healthy. And I've been slipping up on the "healthy" part lately.
mainemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:05 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
I do LC with JUDDD, although I do have a few more carbs one day a week. But the rest of the week, I eat low carb. I'm a very slow loser and my loss has averaged out to a pound a week.

The scale bounces like crazy - have you checked out the bouncy chart thread?

Hope you give JUDDD a try. Once that SIRT1 gene kicks in, you'll really love it.
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:10 AM   #14
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
It's different for everyone, so I don't think there's a one-size-fits-all answer with regards to what to expect. I hear over and over that JUDDD is not a "fast" weight loss plan, but I lost more quickly with JUDDD than with any other plan I've tried, including Atkins. And I added in all carbs and haven't restricted since. I have lost 52 pounds with JUDDD since December. The last nearly month of that time, I've been taking a maintenance break (though I've lost a little bit during that time, too--just not as fast).

My best advice is always to try it for a month, as close to "by-the-book" as possible, and see how you like it. I will never go back to anything else. A big part of the reason for how thrilled I am with JUDDD is the simple fact that, while calories are restricted, nothing else is. I never feel deprived. I get to choose what goes into my body, and that often includes wine, chocolate, bread . . . you get the picture.

Whatever you decide, !

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:02 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
Well, for me, some weeks are way better than others, but it is just so easy to keep plugging along, it’s not like a diet at all!

From January through March I ate low calorie/lowish carb. I lost 14.8 pounds in 90 days.

On JUDDD I have lost another 25.3 pounds, however I accomplished that loss in 59 days.

What amazes me is that my average calorie count is the SAME on JUDDD as it was on the LC/LC woe I did Jan-March.

JUDDD is magic for me, your mileage may vary.

Wishing you much magic!
Connie
Old 05-30-2012, 09:28 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Connie, that IS amazing!
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:10 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Connie, that IS amazing!
I know, right? I want what SHE'S having!!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:21 AM   #18

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I think Connie has that magic set of scales, and that is her trick!

Steph, each of us has a different metabolism and so no one else's experience will be yours. LC and JUDDD work well together for most of those who choose that.

I followed the other path and reintroduced carbs into my life. I am so happy I did and my energy levels and mood have never been better. I believe that SIRT1 gene is truly wonderful for our health, which is just as important as our weight.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:02 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
I think Connie has that magic set of scales, and that is her trick!

Okay, it's been a secret...but what the heck, have a look. I just had two days of barbecue bliss (both UDs). It was Pulled Pork on served on (OMG) WHITE buns drizzled with homemade bbq sauce, along with homemade baked beans (made with APPLE PIE FILLING ), cole slaw, and dessert was Apple Strudel over ice cream!!! Did I mention 2 Platinum Bud Lite beers?

I thought I would be in bounce mode for sure, instead I received a whoosh from the JUDD fairy and lost 4.5 pounds this week. Proof BBQ is good for you? Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

It's unfortunate that all those side dishes and the dessert were not also photographed!

NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:14 PM   #20

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
:kicking :

It is a case of I'll have what ever she's having....
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:38 PM   #21
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: RenoMom
Start Date: 4/29/13
Connie, for your weight loss, and that BBQ
RenoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:43 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWeigh View Post
Okay, it's been a secret...but what the heck, have a look. I just had two days of barbecue bliss (both UDs). It was Pulled Pork on served on (OMG) WHITE buns drizzled with homemade bbq sauce, along with homemade baked beans (made with APPLE PIE FILLING ), cole slaw, and dessert was Apple Strudel over ice cream!!! Did I mention 2 Platinum Bud Lite beers?

I thought I would be in bounce mode for sure, instead I received a whoosh from the JUDD fairy and lost 4.5 pounds this week. Proof BBQ is good for you? Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

It's unfortunate that all those side dishes and the dessert were not also photographed!

What is in your BBQ Sauce? I was telling my hubby i would like to make my own but really have no clue where to start..???
Old 05-30-2012, 12:43 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

I did, I did, I DID eat those things AND lost 4.5 lbs. BUT...I also COUNTED my calories to the best of my ability and stayed within my numbers. Took it right to up to the limit, but managed it!
Old 05-30-2012, 12:57 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
What is in your BBQ Sauce? I was telling my hubby i would like to make my own but really have no clue where to start..???
Here's the one we used for this cook. It is best suited for pulled pork as it is a Western Carolina style sauce. It seems to me, that the general population are accustomed to Kansas City style sauces (the type that sit on top of meat). This one is thinner and tends to soak into the meat a little bit. Use fresh spices for a top quality outcome.

This is my favorite for pulled pork:

1 quart Cider Vinegar
12 ounces Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce (bought at Costco)
Juice From One Fresh Lemon
1/3 Cup Firmly Packed Dark Brown Sugar

2 T Non-Iodized Salt
1 T Onion Powder
1 T Chipolte Powder
1 T Red Pepper Flakes
2 T Worcestershire Sauce

1 t Dry Mustard
1 t Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1 t Celery Seeds (seeds, not salt)

Bring to boil, then simmer for 10 – 15 minutes. Let cool and bottle.

If you want a Kansas City Style sauce, which (I think) is best suited for grilled chicken, or garnishing burgers, this is a good one:

1 cup Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
¼ cup Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
¼ cup Cider Vinegar
1 clove Fresh Garlic, Finely Minced or Grated

½ t Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1 t Chili Powder
1 t Dry Mustard
1 t Cayenne Pepper

1 cup Chicken Broth (Made from Bouillon)
1 cup Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
1 quart Catsup (we often make sugar free catsup for this)

Prepare one cup of chicken bouillon.

In a stock pot, combine all ingredients. Bring to boil, then simmer gently for 15 -20 minutes. Let cool and bottle.

Hubby often uses SF DaVinci syrups in the KC style sauce, substituting the Root Beer flavor for the brown sugar. Haven't tried that idea in the first one.

I like a sweeter sauce for basteing ribs, but at the moment can't find my recipe for it.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:07 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWeigh View Post
Here's the one we used for this cook. It is best suited for pulled pork as it is a Western Carolina style sauce. It seems to me, that the general population are accustomed to Kansas City style sauces (the type that sit on top of meat). This one is thinner and tends to soak into the meat a little bit. Use fresh spices for a top quality outcome.

This is my favorite for pulled pork:

1 quart Cider Vinegar
12 ounces Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce (bought at Costco)
Juice From One Fresh Lemon
1/3 Cup Firmly Packed Dark Brown Sugar

2 T Non-Iodized Salt
1 T Onion Powder
1 T Chipolte Powder
1 T Red Pepper Flakes
2 T Worcestershire Sauce

1 t Dry Mustard
1 t Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1 t Celery Seeds (seeds, not salt)

Bring to boil, then simmer for 10 – 15 minutes. Let cool and bottle.

If you want a Kansas City Style sauce, which (I think) is best suited for grilled chicken, or garnishing burgers, this is a good one:

1 cup Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
¼ cup Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
¼ cup Cider Vinegar
1 clove Fresh Garlic, Finely Minced or Grated

½ t Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1 t Chili Powder
1 t Dry Mustard
1 t Cayenne Pepper

1 cup Chicken Broth (Made from Bouillon)
1 cup Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
1 quart Catsup (we often make sugar free catsup for this)

Prepare one cup of chicken bouillon.

In a stock pot, combine all ingredients. Bring to boil, then simmer gently for 15 -20 minutes. Let cool and bottle.

Hubby often uses SF DaVinci syrups in the KC style sauce, substituting the Root Beer flavor for the brown sugar. Haven't tried that idea in the first one.

I like a sweeter sauce for basteing ribs, but at the moment can't find my recipe for it.
Oh and i thought i was hungry before~ WOW lol thanks dear i will try to make my own.. just trying to make things that "I" control the sugar and such.. So cool beans thanks dear!
Old 05-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Sweetie pie, I think Juddd is not so much about how fast one loses the weight. It is more about how happy, healthy, and satisfied one can feel while losing the weight. And you really can't go by another persons losses because yours may be faster or slower as each of our bodies have different amounts of healing to accomplish. Juddd is not just about weight loss but also about healing some of the damage other diets have done to our metabolism. Healing other things as well. As has been said, you should try it or a month, no cheating, and see what happens for you. You will have all the support you need over here.
Vanessa
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:31 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffabuff View Post
Sweetie pie, I think Juddd is not so much about how fast one loses the weight. It is more about how happy, healthy, and satisfied one can feel while losing the weight.
Yes, you are so very right! I have done well & enjoyed Atkins so far, but after reading so much about JUDDD, I am really longing to be able to enjoy food to the fullest. Having a day to eat all the veggies I want sounds heavenly !!

Thanks for all your replies. I have learned so much just from reading about all of your experiences. I totally understand that weight loss is an individual thing - I guess I just wanted some reassurance that this WOE actually WORKS, on a consistent basis

I'm soooo hungry tonight I have been going to Weight Watchers (not doing their WOE, but using it for accountability). I have to weigh in tomorrow.. and then, I'm considering making it an 'UP' day, and giving this a go for a week!

I'm really trembling as I write that! I'm just so scared of undoing all the hard work I've done! But I'm gonna trust you all and jump in
Old 05-30-2012, 07:38 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimberino
Stats: 235/141 50 yo
WOE: Atkins/now JUDDD
Start Date: 3 '09 Atkins-3 '12 JUDDD
Jump on in - the water's fine! Don't freak out when you get a bounce at first (I did after adding in carbier veggies and, like I said, the occasional Big Mac and fries), but it came off rather quickly. I had been stalled on Atkins and decided to give this WOE a try - glad I did. I plan on swimming here a long time.
kimberino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:28 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Sweetie pie to be fair, give this woe more than just a one week try. One month would be a better indicater of how well this woe will work for you. Good luck!
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:52 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/192/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
I'll chime in as a recent convert I have been low carbing for over 4 years, not because I like it per say although it is very good for me, but mostly because I am a sugar ADDICT and spiral out of control with 1 bite. I'm the person standing next to the cake at a party that doesn't eat the whole thing only because I know others might notice when it was gone So for me, when I switched over, I had to promise myself I would not go hog wild even though I knew I could (but how nice is it to know its possible with no weight gain). So coming from egg fasting, blech, I am still low carbish but what I have found is you can focus much more on a healthy south beach style eating and still loose the same as atkins without the restrictions and pretty much eat as many veggies as you want. I eat lots of fresh vegetables and some fruit and also enjoy a few bites of whatever my kids are eating occasionally but for the most part I am not using this as an excuse to eat pie (although I did have a GF apple pie over memorial day and it was wonderful).

You're really going to have to weigh your motivation before you move over and make sure you aren't going to carb out and then quit. That's what I'm worried about and another reason I have been so vigilant. Good luck!