Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2012, 07:33 AM   #31
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetie_pie View Post
and then, I'm considering making it an 'UP' day, and giving this a go for a week!
I am going to agree with muffabuff on this. A week isn't enough time. I would commit to at least a month and then evaluate. I am a slow loser and if I had just tried it for a week I would have never continued. Now, I am down 22 pounds and happy with my diet.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2012, 08:09 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:11 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mitsa
Stats: start 118/ goal 100
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 05/26/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffabuff View Post
Sweetie pie to be fair, give this woe more than just a one week try. One month would be a better indicater of how well this woe will work for you. Good luck!
I totally agree with this. Our bodies need time to adjust.
Mitsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:18 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brehede
Stats: 283/264/140
WOE: LC JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
I would highly recommend - I find LC JUDDD very good and I am losing which I did not with straight LC.

Good luck!
brehede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:56 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetie_pie
Stats: 249.5/228/165
WOE: Atkins / low carb
Start Date: May 2010/re-start Feb 20. 2012
Thanks for all the input!

I have been losing really slowly the past few weeks. (Fought like crazy to lose just 0.1 of a pound last week!)

So I bit the bullet, and had my first 'up' day yesterday. Well, I went a little crazy. I actually felt obscene with how much 'bad' carby stuff that I ate
I definitely can't do that again. I was feeling bad about it, until I got on the scale this morning.

I was DOWN 2.6 pounds !!! What the ?!?!?

So, I continued with my first DD today, and it really wasn't that hard!

Now I am determined not to let my UP days be carb-fests, but take advantage to eat lots of good veggies and good fats.

I'll keep you posted. So far so good!

".. a year from now you will have wished you started today..."
sweetie_pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:58 PM   #36
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: RenoMom
Start Date: 4/29/13
Good start, just make sure you count your UD cals as well as your DD cals and you'll be just fine.

Quote:
Thanks for all the input!

I have been losing really slowly the past few weeks. (Fought like crazy to lose just 0.1 of a pound last week!)

So I bit the bullet, and had my first 'up' day yesterday. Well, I went a little crazy. I actually felt obscene with how much 'bad' carby stuff that I ate
I definitely can't do that again. I was feeling bad about it, until I got on the scale this morning.

I was DOWN 2.6 pounds !!! What the ?!?!?

So, I continued with my first DD today, and it really wasn't that hard!

Now I am determined not to let my UP days be carb-fests, but take advantage to eat lots of good veggies and good fats.

I'll keep you posted. So far so good!
RenoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:15 PM   #37
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Wow Steph, that is good way to kick off! Brilliant.

Can I persuade some of you Newbies to join the June Newbies post here thread?

It is great way to get info and support each other.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetie_pie
Stats: 249.5/228/165
WOE: Atkins / low carb
Start Date: May 2010/re-start Feb 20. 2012
Well, I'm afraid JUDDD did not continue to be so good to me

I found that I was obsessing about food again, worse than I ever have in months! The down days really were not that hard (physically). I really didn't find that I was very hungry. But I spent the whole day *dreaming* and planning what I was going to eat the next day!

And when the day came, I was just out of control !!! Binge city!

Even on an UP day, I couldn't control the night eating (eating between 7-11pm). I just ate & ate & ate, all day long, and I never felt satisfied. I was even trying to keep my choices LC, but it didn't seem to work.

I really wish that this WOE could work for me, but I'm afraid that I need to keep myself on a daily even-keel. Too many options just opens the floodgates of temptation. So, I think I need to go back to LC.

I think that I am going to go back to having one cheat day a week, though. Usually it would just end up being one meal, and even then I stayed away from the really sugary & carby stuff. That way I found it easy to get back on board the next day.
sweetie_pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:06 AM   #39
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Steph I do understand. That is not how you want to live your life. It sounds to me as if you are making the right decision, certainly at present.

JUDDD is a wonderful plan, but it is not right for everyone, indeed what is? You gave it a good go and if in the future you feel you want to try it again then it is there for you.

Perhaps this little foray will do some magic when you go back to strict LC, it can work that way, shaking your body up. Good luck with continued weight loss.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:21 AM   #40
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Well, I'm afraid JUDDD did not continue to be so good to me

I found that I was obsessing about food again, worse than I ever have in months! The down days really were not that hard (physically). I really didn't find that I was very hungry. But I spent the whole day *dreaming* and planning what I was going to eat the next day!

And when the day came, I was just out of control !!! Binge city!

Even on an UP day, I couldn't control the night eating (eating between 7-11pm). I just ate & ate & ate, all day long, and I never felt satisfied. I was even trying to keep my choices LC, but it didn't seem to work.

I really wish that this WOE could work for me, but I'm afraid that I need to keep myself on a daily even-keel. Too many options just opens the floodgates of temptation. So, I think I need to go back to LC.

I think that I am going to go back to having one cheat day a week, though. Usually it would just end up being one meal, and even then I stayed away from the really sugary & carby stuff. That way I found it easy to get back on board the next day.
You just wrote my expereince on JUDDD. BUT I stuck with it and now I am 25 pounds lighter. I am NOT saying I still don't go hog wild on some UD's but a DD or two takes care of it. I no longer enter every bite in ****** and I don't plan my menus down to the last gram. I am still losing and am MUCH better about UD's most of the time. I started January 8 and am still waiting for the magic appetite suppression on UD's. DD's are not a problem for me.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. I can only lose on LC LF and I love the freedom of JUDDD. BUT it is still really hard for me on UD's. I want everything I have denied myself for the past almost 10 years.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
158/152/139 JUDDD 10/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:24 AM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Take care of yourself!!!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:54 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Adi, thanks for saying that (can't figure out how to cut and paste your quote, yet). I go through short periods of compulsive eating on some UDs and I think, oh no, this ain't gonna work, because it reminds me of long stretches of feeling the same way during my life. Strangely, there's this other voice growing underneath, telling me this is what healing is. Feeling compulsive some UDs, not on other UDs, peaceful DDs, sometimes struggle on other DDs. I have this sense that I'm just getting to know myself, all the while being carried by these beautiful, kind, forgiving UD/DD waves. I don't know, something about the structure of this feels really, really good.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:36 AM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Strangely, there's this other voice growing underneath, telling me this is what healing is. Feeling compulsive some UDs, not on other UDs, peaceful DDs, sometimes struggle on other DDs. I have this sense that I'm just getting to know myself, all the while being carried by these beautiful, kind, forgiving UD/DD waves. I don't know, something about the structure of this feels really, really good.
Doesn't it feel good?
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote