Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2012, 05:24 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
Thanks Kim for clarifying the Md. I thought we should avoid Md at all costs. So we should avoid it only the first 2 weeks.
cuttie99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2012, 05:47 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BoysMom View Post
So, allow me to ask....if what you are doing now is resulting in steady losses and no bouncing....why would you go back to 20%?
Well you know what, you are right. My original idea when changing to 35% was that I would not lose, but would remain constant or at best not gain! I am going to keep at this because I can't enjoy my time off while worrying about fasting on DD, so I may as well keep going unless my weight loss stops! I have actually gone out to dinner on a DD with no stress and enjoyed my meal!!! I guess in my mind this is supposed to be slower than the 20%. Well, to be fair, when I began JUDDD, I lost the first 14 lbs pretty fast, in about 45 days, so maybe I will experiment when the time is right.

Thank you for posting this info, because I have been pondering about this and it has caused me to realize that knowing and using my range 20-45% while JUDDDing is a great idea. I have been pondering throwing in a 330 (20%) DD at least once a week and see if that may get things moving even better.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:52 PM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Also, my UD is supposed to be 2000 according to Dr. J, but I have never been able to consistently eat that and lose. I am 54 post meno and think that may be some of my issue. I also had blood test not too long ago and my doctor raised my dose of thyroid, because my thyroid was not making enough T4.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:35 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusrose63
Stats: 156/156/130 - 5'4", Age: 53
WOE: JUDDD 1900/800 or less if I can!
Start Date: JUDDD restart June 2014
2BoysMom...What a great post!

Funny, when I was first reading about JUDDD, I thought you just automatically started at 500 for the first two weeks, then went up from there on your DD, but just picked what % you wanted for weight loss depending on how fast you wanted to lose. Then I started seeing women having 350 cals or even less on their DD and I thought how I would never be able to do that every other day and stay sane. Well I just thought I would try this for a month and see how it goes--I would rather lose slowly and feel less stress than worry about going over a number so low.

I think that maybe being too strict with this WOE, like any other, is not good for your psyche or stress level. I personally am looking for something long term I can live with and personalize to my needs while still meeting and eventually maintaining my goals. I want to be able to enjoy the food aspect of my life, not dread it like I have basically since high school. What I am looking for is freedom. You have taken that wish to a whole new level of understanding for me. Thank you.

Lost 3 pounds from Jan 1 2012 til April 30 2012 by "eating healthy", LC, etc...
Lost 12 pounds from May 1 2012 til September 1 2012 with JUDDD

Down and Up 10-15# every year since 2000 with VLC, semi LC and Carb Cycling
Anticipating forever success with JUDDD!!
cactusrose63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:51 AM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Marianne, I think your plan is a positive real-life way to handle a LOT of the complexities life throws at us (that so frequently derails weight loss).

I am just back from a two week opulent, sometimes very high-calorie, vacation. On most DDs, I stuck close to maintenance levels and was amazed how much good, carefully chosen, food and wine that could entail.

I also believe that thinking "Well, I blew it. Might as well keep eating and make tomorrow a DD." is a very negative way we sometimes sabotage our relationship with food.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:04 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: aarosali
Stats: 172.4/172.4/150's 5'9"
WOE: HCG/JUDDD
Start Date: 3/25/12
Marianne, thank youfor this awesome post. I have a similar situation with travel and this approach to handling DDs on travel will be very helpful to me. I have travel coming up at the end of June to the middle of July. Separate trips, but little ability to control my food as I won't be able to cook for 3 of those weeks.

I think that I'll create my chart and put it in my phone too so that I'm less likely to freak out about the numbers and give myself a break. I'll also plan to exercise as much as I can during that time.

You're the best!!
aarosali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:05 PM   #37
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusrose63 View Post
2BoysMom...What a great post!

Funny, when I was first reading about JUDDD, I thought you just automatically started at 500 for the first two weeks, then went up from there on your DD, but just picked what % you wanted for weight loss depending on how fast you wanted to lose. Then I started seeing women having 350 cals or even less on their DD and I thought how I would never be able to do that every other day and stay sane. Well I just thought I would try this for a month and see how it goes--I would rather lose slowly and feel less stress than worry about going over a number so low.

I think that maybe being too strict with this WOE, like any other, is not good for your psyche or stress level. I personally am looking for something long term I can live with and personalize to my needs while still meeting and eventually maintaining my goals. I want to be able to enjoy the food aspect of my life, not dread it like I have basically since high school. What I am looking for is freedom. You have taken that wish to a whole new level of understanding for me. Thank you.
I love that quote, and I truly believe that JUDDD can help us find just this.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:06 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
totally with you!
I have kept a "sticky" on my phone since day one of percentage levels so that I am making an empowered choices. Easy reference any time right next to my ********* icon. If I need to do 35% today, I make the choice so food isn't ruling me or getting out of hand. If I need to do a maintenance level day I own it. Made a huge difference to me emotionally. Food cannot be the boss of me no matter how much I love it. And I do.
Camping season is here. On the up side I get more exercise camping. Down side, I want camping food.

Last edited by b_lou_who; 06-04-2012 at 10:07 AM..
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:15 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusrose63
Stats: 156/156/130 - 5'4", Age: 53
WOE: JUDDD 1900/800 or less if I can!
Start Date: JUDDD restart June 2014
B Lou,

Oooooh, I love that-- empowered choices!!

Another new favorite quote I think I am going to steal. "I own it". Haven't done that in a long while...

Thanks for this!
cactusrose63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:50 AM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Marianne: What a great thread! I've enjoyed reading all of it and realizing what great variety JUDD gives us. We can still be on plan so in Judd there truly is no cheating! Thanks for starting this discussion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_lou_who View Post
totally with you!
I have kept a "sticky" on my phone since day one of percentage levels so that I am making an empowered choices. Easy reference any time right next to my ********* icon. If I need to do 35% today, I make the choice so food isn't ruling me or getting out of hand. If I need to do a maintenance level day I own it. Made a huge difference to me emotionally. Food cannot be the boss of me no matter how much I love it. And I do.
Camping season is here. On the up side I get more exercise camping. Down side, I want camping food.
Lou! What a wise woman you are! I, too, love the "empowered choices" phrase. It's exactly how I feel. I am in control. Food is not. My scale is not. My tape measure is not! Me. I'm empowered. Love that thought.

Also love not having to say "I'm sorry" (remember the movie??)

After getting back from a two week vacation where I cherished every moment with my ailing siblings, I have no regrets about my food choices. And, they were choices! Even the pie and the chips! And, the white bread! (I feel like saying "Lions, tigers and bears, OH MY!" -- pies and chips and bread, OH MY!

I'm owning the vacation gain and actually proud I'm a JUDDer and that kept the gain from being even more I'm sure. I'm also proud that my first day home I had a successful and pleasurable DD and knocked off 2 pounds of the 6 I gained in just one day!! Woo-Hoo!

Gonna go try on my new swim suit right now and maybe go to the pool. An empowered choice!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:55 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhioGuy
Stats: 6'2'' 370 atkins to 355 then JUDDD
WOE: Good bye LC, Hello Juddd
Start Date: 3/5/2012 atkins intro JUDDD 3/29/12
everyone knows i like these threads. im big on eating more on DDs if you go through introduction correctly or better yet on the low side.

you're just not as STARVING on your UD. im not an endless pit, i have a lot more control on my UDs by eating more on DDs.

also, what REALLY helps ive found is sliding in one fast every week or two.
i usually drop a couple few pounds and they dont return

i was shocked looking at your numbers, i didnt realize the High number didnt change.
interesting
OhioGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:58 AM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 178/178/140...48 years old
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start date: 11/17/2014
Marianne, thank you for such a timely post, I am going to make a chart of my umbers and use the higher DD numbers while on vacation. You are going to make my DDs a whole lot easier!
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:17 AM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: 2BoysMom
Stats: Too pissed to talk about it
WOE: Keeping it simple- Hi Fat, Mod Protein and Lo Carb
Start Date: 1.26.2004 - 1st time. This time 1.1.2014
I allowed myself up to 850 on Saturday, and the relief was immense.

I was able to really enjoy a glass of wine while relaxing with my family. A few small snacks, etc....I was not at all stressed out about it.

Today, I am back to my normal DD limit, and not at all concerned about keeping it there.

I don't know that every weekend DD will be that high - but I don't know that it won't either. Just going to try and relax a bit, as this is all starting to feel a bit too "diety" sometimes for me, and that makes it frustrating.

But if I relax a bit, and realize it is a marathon not a sprint, well then, maybe I have a real chance at success.

Nope, I won't be at goal for my HS reunion in July - but, yes, I will be in much better shape than I was in January when I started and I do have a better handle over all on both food and my reactions to it.

If you want something badly enough, you'll find a way. If you don't you'll find an excuse.

Team in Trainining alumni - San Diego marathon 2005. Half marathon in San Francisco 2007! Working hard to wipe out blood cancers.
2BoysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:32 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhioGuy
Stats: 6'2'' 370 atkins to 355 then JUDDD
WOE: Good bye LC, Hello Juddd
Start Date: 3/5/2012 atkins intro JUDDD 3/29/12
Quote:

I was able to really enjoy a glass of wine while relaxing with my family. A few small snacks, etc....I was not at all stressed out about it.
yep yep
OhioGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:23 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:

Today, I am back to my normal DD limit, and not at all concerned about keeping it there.

I don't know that every weekend DD will be that high - but I don't know that it won't either. Just going to try and relax a bit, as this is all starting to feel a bit too "diety" sometimes for me, and that makes it frustrating.

But if I relax a bit, and realize it is a marathon not a sprint, well then, maybe I have a real chance at success.

Nope, I won't be at goal for my HS reunion in July - but, yes, I will be in much better shape than I was in January when I started and I do have a better handle over all on both food and my reactions to it.
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:38 PM   #46

You've got it cracked, well done.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:39 PM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: 2BoysMom
Stats: Too pissed to talk about it
WOE: Keeping it simple- Hi Fat, Mod Protein and Lo Carb
Start Date: 1.26.2004 - 1st time. This time 1.1.2014
And can I mention I finally broke through my body's fixation on the mid 170's this morning?

173.8 baby....finally that bad boy is moving again.

To OhioGuy's point, too - the UD's have been easier as well - more in control.
2BoysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:34 AM   #48

Wonderful news!

I have had a crazy few days of eating (and drinking) for the Queen's Jubilee and after a worrying 127+ yesterday things were back to a nice 125 today, I have got used to seeing numbers beneath my 126 'goal'.

Out to lunch again today but tomorrow the rotations will be back in full swing.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #49
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
GOOD for you, Marianne! Very thrilled for you!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:08 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Great thread. Thanks for all of the input.
I just returned from a vacation where choices were limited, but portion control was not. A chef was cooking for 7 guests on a yacht! Quite a treat, to put it mildly. I think I did fine and was all set to get the rest of my weight off by the end of summer.

Well, a car backed into me in Turkey right after we got off the yacht. Spent 5 days in the hospital there and flew back to US last Thursday. I have had to have more surgery on my elbow since returning. The wrist is badly smashed. I also have a broken leg. Therefore I am not able to move around at all except to get to restroom. Hubby is a dear, as well as friends when it comes to meals. It will be low carb as that is what hubby likes, but I was doing so well eating other things, too.

I have no idea how I did on the trip as the weight of arm cast seems heavy!

After reading your post I will not worry about the really low calories, but try to make a spread between days.

I will be fine, it will just take some rehab. When I read about Beeb's mother, I said nothing happened to me.

Keep up all of the great ideas and posts. This group is awesome as all of you know!

Thank goodness for iPads and stylus. The left hand is working!

Old 06-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #51

Seasbreezes, that is horrendous, what is going on here at the moment, Pirate Jenny had a lucky escape to.

I am hoping to go to Turkey in September, knew they weren't good drivers, but that was very, very nasty. Love your positive outlook.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:29 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Seabreezes, Oy! When Life Happens! Wonderful that you're alive and home and healing. Your attitude is inspiring and will influence your rehab beautifully.
All the best with rehab and temporary lefthandedness.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:51 AM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
Well, a car backed into me in Turkey right after we got off the yacht. Spent 5 days in the hospital there and flew back to US last Thursday. I have had to have more surgery on my elbow since returning. The wrist is badly smashed. I also have a broken leg.
Oh my goodness, I am so sorry about this!
I was in a car crash on Monday, and these are the exact kind of injuries I have spent every waking second since the accident amazed that I don't have!!!

I am glad that you have a sweet hubby & friends taking care of you...
all my best wishes for the speediest and most complete recovery possible!!!
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:01 PM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Love this old post, sort of reminds me of Chris & LCG's higher DD experiment that's going on now. Great to remember using the range of DD numbers with all the summer parties coming up! Nice to see lots of the older JBs thoughts here, too.
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:38 PM   #55
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Great thread!! I did enjoy doing the higher DDs, but I think I began going a bit too high, and also not reigning in my UDs. 1700 and 700 would be ideal for me, if I could keep my UD that low. Right now, it's tough to keep it at 2000. I think I will try just having a higher DD next week for a luncheon I have planned instead of switching rotations...
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:52 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AndyBFK
Stats: 321/309/220 (JUDDD 2013) 325/313/225 (JUDDD 2014)
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: JUDDD 04/01/13 & again on 03/24/14
Thanks so much for resurrecting this thread!!!

I travel every other week for work, and so far, so good. But, I'm not gonna lie, it is MUCH easier to stick to the numbers when your eating from home. I've toyed with the idea of total fasting DD's, or (more successfully) fasting till dinner DD's. But no matter what, it's hard to be on the road whether for work, or fun and stick to plan (eeek, I still can not imagine doing rotations on vacation!).

I think this helps me keep things in perspective too for when those harder times roll around. For me it's not the summer months, it's going to be football season. Season ticket holders and fanatical tailgaters, I know that the Fall is going to be really tough for me. Doesn't help that college football is on Sat and NFL on Sunday (not to mention Monday and Thursday, geeze they don't make this easy!) I've already started thinking about how I am going to deal with this. I thought I was going to have to do Sat/Sun UD's with like 2 DD's in a row or something similar. But, I forget just how many cal I can have on a DD without doing too much damage. Since we don't always blow it out on Saturdays, I could do a higher DD Sat and still have my beloved Sundays for total football debauchery!
AndyBFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:13 PM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sloppail
Start Date: JUDDD Restart May 20 2014
I'm so glad I got to see this post today Marianne... I am a newbie that came back 2 days ago because I fell off the wagon...knowing I had the ranges of DD calories would have made a difference in falling off the wagon and getting on again or staying off and getting run over by it...if I am on holidays or needing a higher DD, this is perfect for staying the course I have an all or nothing mentality ("I blew it by eating *** so I'll eat whatever now") and this WOE is going to help me with that, especially with the ranges of DD cals I can use IF I NEED TO. I will stay low mostly, but it's awesome to know there is a range if need be...thank you so much for this post!!!!!!

Kim
Old 06-11-2013, 07:33 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Never Too Late
Stats: HW 350/JUDDD 265/Goal 118 to 125
WOE: JUDDD, Flexitarian
Start Date: JUDDD 6/24/14
Lianora, I am going to try your method of starting at 60% and then going to the next lowest percentage on the next down day. Perhaps it will break this stall I have been on. I think it will be a pain free way to winnow myself down again to 20% on DDs.

It seems when I am bored, alone, or too glued to the computer I seem to hit 35% on most DDs. When I go out and stay out all day, I have no problem sticking to 20%.
Never Too Late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:09 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jdforshort
Stats: 221/176/140, 5'4", 61yrs
WOE: Atkins/PPower/Mod Carb/JUDDD
Start Date: LC 3/23/12, JUDDD 6/2/12
Malinda,Thanks a lot for bumping the thread!
Not just good but great post, Marianne. It was supposed to be my DD today which turned into MD and then just UD! Chucked it all in, so to speak! I also, had noticed the change only for DDs but somehow never saw it in that light. Now, I am going to put my %s on a sticky for future reference and not beat myself up with the guilt trip! Mind you, the "guilty feeling" did make me exercise a bit more today!
jdforshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:47 AM   #60
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
I'm not only putting my %s on a sticky but also DH's so that he can get accustomed to them before the next time that he needs to travel.

20% 1538/308
25% 1538/385
30% 1538/461
35% 1538/538

So, WLM has a range of 308-538 for me on DDs.

WLM maintenance range is 1538 UDs with DDs of 615-692.

Maintenance range is 1538 UDs with DDs of 769-923.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote