Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2012, 07:16 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mamalaw
Stats: 291/260/140 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: May 1,2012
How low carb on a DD

Those of you that do JUDDD the low carb way....
How many carbs do you do?
Would you recommend starting as low as 0 carbs a day, 20 carbs a day or what? Low carb UD will be easy, done that before its the DD that has me worried.

~Lisa
mamalaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2012, 07:21 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Hi Lisa,

On a DD, I just go with the flow... I've had super low days, and 20g days... For me, I do 500cal DD, so getting a lot of meat and cheese is hard. I find that carbs can go up a bit, but regardless, as long as I stick to my numbers, it doesn't seem to matter much at this point in my loss.

HTH,
Soren
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:57 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Buttercup204
Stats: 204/197/165
WOE: NK/JUDDD
Since I do 90% protein shakes on my DDs, it makes it really easy to figure...about 8 grams plus whatever veggies or sweetener I added to the menu. :-) It can vary.

The lower I go, the better my weigh-in goes though! Oh and the more water, the better too.

-Michelle
Buttercup204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:18 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Hi there Lisa, I'm not doing JUDDD right now, but when I did, I had a two-egg shake with almond milk for breakfast, then either skipped lunch or had homemade veggie soup for lunch, and then a lean protein with a big salad and light dressing for dinner. And coffee with half n half in the morning and afternoon. It usually came in under 20 carbs (15 if I skipped lunch) and 500-600 calories.
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:42 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mamalaw
Stats: 291/260/140 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: May 1,2012
Soren,Michelle,Speck333,
Thank You Thank You Thank You!!! That is just what I wanted to know.
~Lisa
mamalaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:32 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You're very welcome Lisa

Just to give you a more concrete example: today is a DD, I'll be right at 500 cal but about 25g net carbs

On a recent past DD, also around 500cal, it was 17g net, and then on another one, 5.5g.

On that really low one, I had a OMM (one minute muffin-- look in the DD recipe thread(s) for it-- coconut flour, egg white powder, whey powder)... about 100cal and really low carb.
Dinner was radishes (boiled-- sort of like potatoes) and salmon, and a wee bit of butter on the radishes.

So, it varies, usually with the veggies I'm eating-- just lettuce vs other different veggies, and then how much meat.

Today is a DD, and dinner will be a bag of shredded coleslaw mix (whole bag ~ 100cal) and 8oz of lean pork tenderloin. So that's higher carb than if I just had lettuce...

Anyway-- stick to the calories counts, and if you want to avoid water weight, don't go too high on carbs on either DD or UD, and you should be good

S.

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
Old 05-30-2012, 08:59 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IThinkICan
Stats: 218/142-144/145
WOE: HCG-R5P4 JUDDD
I do low carb DDs... I usually am not hungry after an UD, so I'm fine skipping breakfast on DDs (I always have breakfast on UDs though). My lunches and dinners are generally a small portion of protein with a vegetable... maybe chicken with a side of mashed cauliflower, pork with a side of green beans, or a cabbage and ground beef mixture with a little tomato sauce, parmesan cheese, and garlic. Fill the plate with mainly veggies and it can be filling! I find cabbage fills me up the most. I also tend to avoid added fats like butter and cheese on DDs. I do use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray sometimes though - I do like buttery-tasting veggies. I usually try to save calories for an apple too... if not, at least a few berries or a mini coconut flour muffin. I generally like a snack between lunch and dinner or some time after dinner.

A gluc pudding made with almond milk or some shirataki noodles can help fill me up for few calories if I'm hungry. Sometimes something as simple as a warm broth or herb tea curbs hunger as well.
IThinkICan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:19 AM   #8
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
I find, unless I specifically plan for higher carb foods (pasta, bread, etc) I am pretty low carb(ish) most of the time on juddd.
On dd's, lean protein and lots of veggies (salads, steamed, in soup, etc) or shirataki noodles keep the carbs pretty low.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:24 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
On DDs I'm almost always exclusively vlc. I eat things like eggs, bacon, ham, sausages, chicken, fish, even beef or pork and cheese, etc. on DDs with the occasional addition of a bit of vlc veggies. Even though that may not be low in calories, it prevents carb-induced hunger. I also only eat one meal at dinnertime on DDs though, so it's not quite as hard for me to squeeze in a nice meal of fats and proteins.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:37 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
I have to have fattier stuff on DD's, so I have a pretty standard DD menu. Coffee w/cream and I wait until mid-afternoon to have any food. I make a "pudding" with strained Dannon yogurt (cheap Greek yogurt ) with some sweetener and dry jello and then either a OMM or my new , a lc blueberry cobbler for dinner. The cheesecake muffins are another yummy snack for a DD.

DD's are so much easier for me if I stick to a routine menu and keep the fats in since protein doesn't do it for me.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:14 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CharlotteChick
Stats: 164/147/140
WOE: Post-hcg/high fat/low carbs
Start Date: JUDD: March 27, 2012 :-)
I'm with Vanilla Latte -- got to eat the fattier stuff just to keep me hunger free and for energy.

I, too, drink two cups of coffee with HWC for breakfast. Will then have two eggs fried in CO for lunch and then a meat typically with salad, steamed cabbage and/or asparagus for dinner. VLC

I eat 600 calories and my weight loss is SLOW. I just find I am REALLY WIPED OUT on my down days. Wondering if I need to add more calories for my DDs and accept the fact my weight loss will be dead dog slow.

On my UDs, will eat frozen blueberries/strawberries topped with HWC and melted CO. Yum!
CharlotteChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:00 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi CharlotteChick!
not sure about your numbers (age, height, etc) but I notice you're at 147 now with a goal of 140? It's possible your loss will slow down as you get closer to goal weight.

You might want to try lowering your DD cals? and make sure you're on target with your UD cals too... just some ideas to shake it up, and there's also the shake it up thread (it might be a sticky now?)
Soren
Old 06-02-2012, 01:18 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CharlotteChick
Stats: 164/147/140
WOE: Post-hcg/high fat/low carbs
Start Date: JUDD: March 27, 2012 :-)
Thank you for the suggestion, Soren. I'll read the Shake It Up post. I'm holding at 144 now. Can't seem to get down any further! Really appreciate your support!
CharlotteChick is offline   Reply With Quote