Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2012, 06:00 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: nosugarforme
WOE: Atkins/LowCarb
Start Date: May09
Newbie Question about Progress

Hi everyone!

I am a long time LCF "lurker" and just started JUDDD on March 27th. I have lost approximately 8 pounds so far. I track my calories and follow the rotation. I have twice done a middle day to change it to accommodate special events, but not prior to the original 2 week commitment.

I have read the book and numerous threads and I understand the "bounce". The scale has not shown any appreciable loss for at least two weeks. I know I am probably being impatient, but I have some nagging concerns that the Arctic Zero ice cream and PB2 I have become addicted to (on both down and up days) is somehow affecting my ability to lose. Another carryover "vice" from my low carb days is (1) can of pumpkin with cinnamon, splenda and butter. I pretty much eat these 2 treats every single UP day.

I am fairly close to the goal I have set for myself and my current weight seems to be a sort of "set-point" from before JUDDD when I was simply low-carbing.

My calories are 336/1652.

I really appreciate ALL that I have learned over the years reading on the boards here. I welcome any insight any of you experts may have regarding my questions.

Thank you so much!

Nosugarforme
nosugarforme is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2012, 06:44 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
You didn't give us a lot of information to work with. No height, weight, age. I myself am not familiar with Artic Zero. And what are you doing with the Splenda and butter. Are you going over your UD calories with these as you call them "addictions"? You didn't mention whether or not ou are respecting your UD and DD calories. Can you fill in some of these blanks so we can get a better picture of what is going on with you?
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:47 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Oh I went and reread your post I get the two treats you are eating now. Are you eating them to excess and going over your calories.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:33 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Artificial sweeteners have been known to stall losses for some. For me, they cause hunger and sugar cravings that make it nearly impossible to stick to my numbers, and probably stall me as well.

Stevia does not seem to have the same effect for me.

I wonder if you cut out the treats that you've been relying so much on? It might help you pinpoint if they are the problem or not.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JanetTN
Stats: too much/getting there/just right!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Jan 2012
I would think that it is because you are so close to goal. I'm about 30 lbs. from goal and have noticed that sometimes I will go over a week at the same weight then will see a drop.

I think JUDDD is like anything else in that the closer you are to goal the slower the weight loss.
JanetTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:05 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Oh, sorry, I guess that info would be helpful if I want input, huh?

I am 5'3, 139 pounds and just turned the big 40. I am not going over my calories on up or down days. I am basically eating these things to get my calories in! I don't eat a lot during the day because I am busy at work and then come home, enjoy a nice dinner and then try to eat the rest of the calories before bedtime!

I am not really "addicted". I guess that was maybe the wrong word. I just REALLLLY like the stuff!

Artic Zero is a low calorie(150 cal/pint), low carb, gluten free, dairy free ice cream replacement. It's made with whey protein. I add PB2 to the vanilla flavor and it is delicious.

The pumpkin is like a lazy pumpkin pie-I heat it up and add cinnamon, davinci vanilla and butter. The butter is a lot of cals and I love butter. Miss it from the LC days...although I am still fairly LC with JUDDD.

Maybe I should cut out these and the artificial sweeteners as suggested. Ugh, that makes this WOE seem "diet-y" to me now though.

Thanks for all of your insight and help.

Last edited by nosugarforme; 05-30-2012 at 06:09 AM.. Reason: fix errors
Old 05-30-2012, 06:06 AM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I got the impression that the OP is respecting her calories and for someone near to goal the numbers sound about right unless she is very tall. So I think there is enough to work on there.

I, too, suspect that you are slowing down because you are so near to goal.

I do think that a lot of variety in what we give our bodies helps to keep it 'surprised' into losing sometimes. It might help if you try to drop your treats occasionally, but if you are within your calories it won't make that much difference.

As you say you have been reading here for a while you will know the sometimes people play with their numbers, but to be honest 2 weeks without much loss, although it seems forever to you, is not long at all.

Hang in there and I sure you will soon see a drop.

We are all different, but artificial sweeteners of any kind don't give me any issues. I am lucky I know.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:08 AM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Posting together. Don't rush to give up things you enjoy, we don't want this to feel too diety! Relax for a while and just try to vary your food to enjoy lots of things.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:10 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: 8/18/14
Glad you got input for your questions.

But, I'm curious about the recipe for your "pumpkin pie" .. care to share? As in specific amounts. Always interested in quick and easy recipes, especially for DD's!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:32 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Thanks everyone! It's so nice to get feedback from people who are actually familiar with the details of this lifestyle.

Kissa-I will try to switch it up a little and see what happens. AS have never really affected me either, so hopefully, I won't have to give them up just yet! Appreciate the encouragement.

Vanilla-when I say LAZY...it is really lazy with a capital "L". Doesn't even count as a pie, because it is literally a can of pumpkin(yes, I eat the entire can) with a liberal amount of cinnamon, and a few squirts of davinci SF vanilla. I mix it up and heat in the microwave, then add about 3 tbsp of butter and more cinnamon of course. It is a buttery conconction that tastes like pumpkin pie to me. I usually only eat it on UP days because the butter alone would basically wipe out my cals for the day! Let meknow if you decide to try it.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:29 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosugarforme View Post
Thanks everyone! It's so nice to get feedback from people who are actually familiar with the details of this lifestyle.

Kissa-I will try to switch it up a little and see what happens. AS have never really affected me either, so hopefully, I won't have to give them up just yet! Appreciate the encouragement.

Vanilla-when I say LAZY...it is really lazy with a capital "L". Doesn't even count as a pie, because it is literally a can of pumpkin(yes, I eat the entire can) with a liberal amount of cinnamon, and a few squirts of davinci SF vanilla. I mix it up and heat in the microwave, then add about 3 tbsp of butter and more cinnamon of course. It is a buttery conconction that tastes like pumpkin pie to me. I usually only eat it on UP days because the butter alone would basically wipe out my cals for the day! Let meknow if you decide to try it.
OMg i forgot how much i love to lick the bowl when i made punkin pies... OHHH i am sooo goin to buy some and eat this on Saturday!Thanks dear for the idea~
Oh yah.. one quesiton.. Will this actully firm up? or just stay loose? I mean cant ya add like an egg and turn it into the yummy custard concotion it is?? omy im so excited now ~

Last edited by sterlinggirl; 05-30-2012 at 11:31 AM..
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:30 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: 8/18/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosugarforme View Post
Oh my ... "LAZY" is my middle name. I'll be trying this, oh yes, I will.
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:37 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

The cookbook " In the kitchen with Rosie" has a fantastic low cal sweet potato pie recipe in it. She used to be Oprahs personal chef. It's sooo good. If you can't find it, I'll dig out the book and post it if anyone wants.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:28 PM   #14
Junior LCF Member

When I was LC-ing, I had an awesome Pumpkin Pie recipe that I think came from LCF, but cannot say for sure. I played around with it and made it my own way based on the recipe and have to say that it is in no way low calorie...well, at least not when you eat half a pie in one sitting!

15 oz can Libby's pumpkin
2 eggs
3/4 cup of liquid splenda(have used SF davinci vanilla, cinnamon vanilla, pumpkin pie and all variations of the 3)
1/2 cup HWC
1/2 pkg Philly cream cheese
1/2 tsp salt
A TON OF CINNAMON
couple shakes of Pumpkin Pie Spice

Mix it all up with an electric mixer and empty contents into a buttered pie plate.
Bake for approx. 1 hour at 350 degrees
Cool and chill well before attempting to cut otherwise it's kind of sloppy.

I made homemade WC to top it and sprinkled more cinnamon on top...can you tell I really dig cinnamon?

I have also made this with a "crust" of pecan pieces(1-1/2 cups) mixed with 2TBSP melted butter, 2TBSP granular splenda and of course, cinnamon. I mixed all of these and patted into the pie plate and then added the filling.

I never even liked pumpkin pie before LC...and then I had this for Thanksgiving so I wouldn't feel deprived...it was all over after that. You have been warned, LOL.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:11 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Thanks i bought my pumpkin yesterday and i too am a Cinnamon nut soo tonight i make your pie!! Thank you soo excited to eat half of it my self
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:26 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Nosugarforme,
This looks fantastic! Thanks.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:50 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: zeraspride
Stats: Highest 282.5 CW: 265 GW: 160
Start Date: 5/21/12
nosugarforme - the recipe sounds delish too bad I'm not a fan of pumpkin.

Muffabuff - Anything with sweet potato gets a vote from me! I would love the recipe if you can dig it up. Thanks!
zeraspride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:48 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CharlotteChick
Stats: 164/147/140
WOE: Post-hcg/high fat/low carbs
Start Date: JUDD: March 27, 2012 :-)
Nosugarforme, I am SO happy you started this thread. I'm at a stall and needed to hear all the words of encouragement all these wonderful people gave to YOU.

You all ROCK!
CharlotteChick is offline   Reply With Quote