Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2012, 11:17 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mitsa
Stats: start 118/ goal 100
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 05/26/12
Overwhelmed but ok now

Ok, I have to be honest and say I have been a little overwhelmed with all the great information and advice.

I have decided I will do the 1490 calories as per calculator but for dd I'm going to stick to 300 as per calculator and see what happens during the 2 weeks induction phase. If nothing changes I can revisit it then.
I have to be honest and say I was up till late obsessing over numbers and fretting about eating the least amount of calories to get the quickest loss but I think I will sabotage the process if I do that and probably stall.
One day at a time.

Ps. I think im worrying about failing as in the past without even dieting, I have often not eaten much and didn't lose weight. I barely ate 1200 cals daily for a long time and nothing happened. Just saying. I have faith though.

Last edited by Mitsa; 05-28-2012 at 11:19 PM..
Mitsa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2012, 11:42 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Buttercup204
Stats: 204/197/165
WOE: NK/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsa View Post
Ok, I have to be honest and say I have been a little overwhelmed with all the great information and advice.

I have decided I will do the 1490 calories as per calculator but for dd I'm going to stick to 300 as per calculator and see what happens during the 2 weeks induction phase. If nothing changes I can revisit it then.
I have to be honest and say I was up till late obsessing over numbers and fretting about eating the least amount of calories to get the quickest loss but I think I will sabotage the process if I do that and probably stall.
One day at a time.

Ps. I think im worrying about failing as in the past without even dieting, I have often not eaten much and didn't lose weight. I barely ate 1200 cals daily for a long time and nothing happened. Just saying. I have faith though.
Don't fret too much about the numbers or other diets with low calories. For some reason JUDDD seems to bypass that or maybe it's surpass...lol. If you're serious and follow it well you'll lose. Just keep on keepin' on and you'll go far. It's a very simple plan and that's both the advantage and the maddening thing about it if you're obsessive like I am haha. I have to have food to prep, calories to count (or carbs) and restrictions. I still think about my schedule ahead of time and try to make sure no DD falls on a holiday or on a certain day I'm having a party or something. I have to have something to obsess about and this plan only let's me half the time haha. J/k, I'm happy for the extra free time to focus on other things. My house is cleaner...my laundry is done...my work is getting caught up at work. I cant imagine a better side effect. Getting back all the extra time that I spent worrying about food is a great bonus. ;-) You will totally rock this WOE, you seem very dedicated. :-) Now sit back, make your plan and watch it and your body take the shape you want.
2nd Mini-goal: 190
3rd Mini-goal: 185
4th Mini-goal: 180
5th Mini-goal: 175
6th Mini -goal: 170
Goal: 155-165 & size 8/10 or whatever weight gets rid of my wobbly bits!
Buttercup204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:50 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Buttercup204
Stats: 204/197/165
WOE: NK/JUDDD
Btw, your plan looks great. Go with it! Word of advice, don't expect perfection. If you have a DD and eat more than you planned or wanted to (it happens) just make a plan and get right back where you were, don't torture yourself with a "do over" of your DD. just make your next DD better and plan better for those tough situations you'll face in the future the best you can. Also, don't get too upset if you totally blow past your UD cals either at least not too much at first. After a week or so your appetite tends to diminish on the UDs. I tend to eat low carb all the time and it helps my appetite on both UDs and DDs. Something about blood sugar stability that makes me get full fast on UDs. Or maybe my tummy shrinks a little on my DD??? Hmmm. Not sure. Either way I seem to stay within my upper limit no sweat.

Last edited by Buttercup204; 05-28-2012 at 11:51 PM..
Buttercup204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:07 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup204 View Post
Btw, your plan looks great. Go with it! Word of advice, don't expect perfection. If you have a DD and eat more than you planned or wanted to (it happens) just make a plan and get right back where you were, don't torture yourself with a "do over" of your DD. just make your next DD better and plan better for those tough situations you'll face in the future the best you can. Also, don't get too upset if you totally blow past your UD cals either at least not too much at first. After a week or so your appetite tends to diminish on the UDs. I tend to eat low carb all the time and it helps my appetite on both UDs and DDs. Something about blood sugar stability that makes me get full fast on UDs. Or maybe my tummy shrinks a little on my DD??? Hmmm. Not sure. Either way I seem to stay within my upper limit no sweat.
Thanks for the support. I guess sometimes we fear failure, and i have to get my mindset out of that thought.

I have counted calories on/off for 3 years now for clients so im confident with that. I use an Excel spreadsheet that once i type in cals, protein, fats and carbs, calculates it all for me and breaks down my macros so i know exactly how much protein im consuming as thats really important to me.
well one day at a time wins the race.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:46 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Wishing you the best on JUDDD! You have a great place here to bounce off your thoughgts & fears!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:15 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Wishing you the best on JUDDD! You have a great place here to bounce off your thoughgts & fears!
Thanks alot. Means alot.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:39 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsa View Post

One day at a time.

Do not fear eating UD calories. I was completely stalled on 1100-1200 calories/day before starting JUDDD. I lost 2 pounds fairly quickly, and then nothing really happened for 2-3 weeks. I had some metabolic healing that needed to happen in order for me to release more weight. My metabolism had slowed way down in response to holding to those low calories for so long. As an aside, I wasn't TRYING to stay that low. I follow a paleo woe, and eating to satiety just ended up being that. I didn't count calories as a rule. One week I was curious so logged everything for a week and found out what I was consuming.

Anyway, I was able to lose to goal and 5 pounds below (a total of about 8 pounds) and have maintained that now for 8 weeks or so.

I started in Jan, lost 3 pounds to my original goal mid Feb, maintained until end of March when I decided to go lower, and lost 4 pounds in 2 weeks, when I went back into maintenance. I'm actually considering going back to wlm to lose 2-3 more.

All that long-winded verbosity was really just to tell you to be patient, stick to the numbers on the calculator, and watch and see what happens. If you have been low cal for a while, it may (but not must) take a bit for your body to recover from that. It doesn't mean it isn't working, or you need to tweak, or whatever. It just means stuff is happening you can't see.

Oh, and take some measurements before you start, because even when the scale wasn't moving for me, my body was shrinking.

Welcome! And best of everything to you.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:00 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
Don't stress, just do it for at least two weeks, preferably a month. You will have bounces up and down, be prepared for them mentally.

Ask yourself whether you'd rather lose weight at supersonic speed only to constantly struggle every single day to stay there (most likely outcome) or whether you'd rather lose at a slower pace but not struggle at all to maintain.

Many of the maintainers here actually have to work at not losing. There are several who decided to take a break and just maintain for a while and they've continued to lose.

I think you'll do great once you get into this new routine. Give it a chance to work some magic.
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:48 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Great advice for all of us. Thanks everybody,
Kristin
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:38 AM   #10
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
It sounds to my as if you will do brilliantly with those numbers.

Obsessing never helps and we don't like the Guilt Fairy here.

See my siggie... the 4 R's of JUDDDing.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:31 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
everyone there's nothing to add except Mitsa you will do great. You don't have to fear food on Juddd.
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:43 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

All you ladies are just beautiful.

I feel strong this morning after reading all the very supportive and encouraging posts. Im on, look out everyone.

"I never said it was going to be easy, Im saying it will be worth it ".