Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2012, 08:15 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JanetTN
Stats: too much/getting there/just right!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Jan 2012
I'm ready to get back on schedule

I'm back after a 5 day camping / gorging on everything in site trip. I can't believe how much I ate and am really dreading the scale tomorrow but I need to see how much damage is done.

This is the first time I have gone off this WOE since starting in January and am really worried about getting back on my UD / DD rotation. I have had great success eating this way and I know it works but still have that nagging fear that stems from past diet failures. I'm sure several of us have that all or nothing mindset when it comes to dieting.

Wish me luck on a much needed DD tomorrow.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2012, 08:18 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Good luck on your next weigh in. The only way is forward. I'm sure any damage that you did will be undone quite quickly. Having been good since January is something to be very proud of. Concentrate on that.
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:56 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Muffabuff. I weighed this morning and cant believe I am only up 4.5 lbs. Hoping a few good DD will take care of that. Thanks goodness for JUDDD magic! It could have been a whole lot worse.
JanetTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:50 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
You might need 2 dd's, but it will come off quickly. Juddd magic is, well, magic. It's amazing how we can take a side trip and go completely off the rails, and yet get right back on when we get home and it ends up being just a blip up on the bouncy ball scale chart.

As long as we don't stay on the side trip forever.

Glad you had fun and enjoyed all that the trip had to offer, including the food. What's a camp out without s'mores?!
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:01 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Janet, all the best. We're all doing the best we can day to day, aren't we? I love the fact that this fun, funny, extremely human group of juddders is here encouraging us no matter how we're doing. Hope your day is wonderful,
Kristin
Joyjoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:53 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skuma
Stats: 220/213/120
WOE: Atkins/general low carb
Start Date: January 27, 2012
i feel your pain..i went for a small vaction may 18 and i am still trying to get back on track..today is my first dd of many many ud since then..i keep thinking what is wrong with me? why cant i just get back on track? but i am committed today and hopefully tomorrow i will be able to say i am back on track and i did it! i havent looked at the scale for the damage. i think it will just depress me!
skuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:00 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RebeccaSimpson
Stats: 174 goal 140 5'10
WOE: juicing and juddd
Start Date: 01/24/2013
Good luck, keep us in the loop about how fast those 4.5 are coming off!
RebeccaSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:10 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
Thank you for posting. Good luck losing the weight! I was just wondering... how much is too much cal on vacation? When people say I ate a lot do they mean they were eating like 3000 cals almost every day and only gained a few pounds. like will the amount of calories matter?

If I go on vaction and eat 2000 cal with no rotations for a week vs 3000 cals with no rotation for a week, will I gain less wt with fewer calories? If anyone can share there experience would love to know!

Last edited by cuttie99; 05-29-2012 at 09:13 AM..
cuttie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:26 AM   #9
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetTN View Post
I'm back after a 5 day camping / gorging on everything in site trip. I can't believe how much I ate and am really dreading the scale tomorrow but I need to see how much damage is done.

This is the first time I have gone off this WOE since starting in January and am really worried about getting back on my UD / DD rotation. I have had great success eating this way and I know it works but still have that nagging fear that stems from past diet failures. I'm sure several of us have that all or nothing mindset when it comes to dieting.

Wish me luck on a much needed DD tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetTN View Post
Thanks Muffabuff. I weighed this morning and cant believe I am only up 4.5 lbs. Hoping a few good DD will take care of that. Thanks goodness for JUDDD magic! It could have been a whole lot worse.
There you go, panic over. :jump joy: You had a wonderful vacation and now JUDDD is here waiting for you. Jump back of board and watch the scales drop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuma View Post
i feel your pain..i went for a small vaction may 18 and i am still trying to get back on track..today is my first dd of many many ud since then..i keep thinking what is wrong with me? why cant i just get back on track? but i am committed today and hopefully tomorrow i will be able to say i am back on track and i did it! i havent looked at the scale for the damage. i think it will just depress me!
Don't feel bad Skuma, there is no point in allowing the Guilt Fairy in to your life.

Vacations are there to be enjoyed and if you can just settle down now and do a little planning of your next few rotations I am sure you will see the rewards and feel proud instead of down. Post here often and we will be here to support you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttie99 View Post
Thank you for posting. Good luck losing the weight! I was just wondering... how much is too much cal on vacation? When people say I ate a lot do they mean they were eating like 3000 cals almost every day and only gained a few pounds. like will the amount of calories matter?

If I go on vaction and eat 2000 cal with no rotations for a week vs 3000 cals with no rotation for a week, will I gain less wt with fewer calories? If anyone can share there experience would love to know!
Ah now Cuttie, that is a question to which I fear we both know the answer to. I wish I could say, it wouldn't make any difference how many calories you ate, but we both know it would.

JUDDD is magic but ultimately we hold the wand.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:23 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Cut tie of course the number of calories you eat matter. The more calories you eat over what your body needs the more weight you will gain!
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:38 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

cuttie--I have no idea how many calories per day I ate....couldn't even begin to estimate. All I know is that it was several days of mindless eating. Eating when I wasn't hungry (which is stupid) and overeating when I was. Too much food availability and too little self control

On a positive note I had a great DD today that will be followed by a very closely monitored UD tomorrow. It was easier than I thought to get back on track
JanetTN is offline   Reply With Quote