Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2012, 02:24 PM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: minimonkey
Stats: 5'0" -- very small frame
WOE: Clean eating, whole foods
HCG to JUDDD question...

Has anyone tried jumping ship on an hcg round midway through (without doing the minimum days) and just transitioning to JUDDD right away?

I'm trying to stick it through the current p2, and I will give it my best effort, but I am struggling.

I do plan to do the first few weeks on JUDDD according to p3 rules (that is NO problem for me) and also add back questionable foods slowly -- but I am really struggling to keep this round rolling.

Just wondering if anyone has done this, and what the results were....
minimonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2012, 02:58 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RebeccaSimpson
Stats: 174 goal 140 5'10
WOE: juicing and juddd
Start Date: 01/24/2013
Hi, I truly believe you should stick it out. You will loose a great amount of weight, and with juddd you will be able to maintenance, without doing correction days. If you do decide to finish the round earlier, then please don't start judding after the 72hrs of keep doing the 500cals after your last injection or drops if you do homophatic.
Sorry for my english, it's not my mother's toungue and it's beyond sleeping time for me
RebeccaSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherrymyra
I can't really say what you should do Mini but perhaps it wouldn't make much of a difference. Maybe just jump ship and do it. I doubt you will gain any weight back. How far into this round are you?
sherrymyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: hcgnc
Stats: R4 LDW 139
WOE: HHCG
Start Date: 09/11 R1, 11/11 R2, 01/12 R3, 07/12 R4
Mini, this older thread may be of interest: REALLY want to start JUDDD! HCG is killing me!

I think you might have an initial bounce up, but it would be mostly water weight, and would come back off anyway.

Gotta do what's best for your bod, and still be able to enjoy life.
hcgnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:20 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: aarosali
Stats: 172.4/172.4/150's 5'9"
WOE: HCG/JUDDD
Start Date: 3/25/12
I have not done this yet. However, I have read posts on a different hcg forum where people have not completed the full complement of hcg days, have transitioned to JUDDD, and are doing very well. Based on thier posts, here is what has worked for them:

- make the first day an UD
- remain strictly to the rotations
- stick to no starch no sugar for at least 2 weeks before introducing carbs and sugars slowly
- never exceed the allotted UD calories

I hope this is helpful.
aarosali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:26 PM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks guys! I am waffling pretty badly here, though I am having an easier time today than I did yesterday, by quite a margin.

I am an hcg veteran (have done multiple rounds).... and generally, I do okay on a slightly-rogue p2 (though I don't lose gangbusters on it, as some do). I've done strict protocol, as well as rogue, and actually do a bit better going rogue.

I'm on vlc day 9 of the current p2 ...

I'll try to ride it out for the minimum round, and then transition -- I was mostly curious if anyone had done this, and how it worked out.

If I do hit a wall and decide to jump ship, I will definitely be doing the 72 hours of vlc before beginning JUDDD.

I am going to go check out the other thread, now -- thanks for the link!

8/28:128.6 .... 10/7 118.4 ....10/20: 115.8
Old 05-28-2012, 05:26 PM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

aarosali -- Just saw your post and am encouraged by it -- thanks! I know you can't post a link, but I will do some searching and see if I can find the forum you are mentioning.

I plan to do at LEAST a full three weeks on p3 foods, whether I stick the round out, or not. In fact, I will probably go much longer, and I doubt I will ever be adding in very many carbs, because I do much better in general when I keep the carbs low. I have been an lc-er since 2003, and the few times I have taken a break from that, my health has suffered for it ... so I am pretty much low carb for life, I think.

I may experiment with adding certain, select carbs later on with JUDDD -- sweet potatoes being top of the list -- and possibly the occasional non-wheat grain ... but that isn't a priority, and it is fine if that never happens. I've been low carb so long that I don't miss that stuff at all.

Last edited by minimonkey; 05-28-2012 at 05:31 PM..
Old 05-28-2012, 05:35 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Mini, I think you should just go for it. Honestly you have done enough HCG and since it isn't going that well for you this round, I don't think dropping out will cause much difference. Just head into JUDD and give it a good chance before thinking you have gone in the wrong direction. If nothing else, after giving it a chance you can always go back to "another" round of hcg.

I really hope this will work for you.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:36 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

At your height and weight, hcg can be a major drag. I'm also a veteran hcger and I can tell you for sure that your 'head' has to be in the game to continue with hcg. If you have any doubt that you can continue, it's best to stop before you do any damage. Hcg can be a major double edged sword. I know this and have been burned by it. You can quickly gain all that you lost.

JUDDD, from what I've been reading on this forum, is a great option for transition from hcg as you have the DDs to keep things in check rather than back to back to back correction days. If you feel like you may deviate with hcg, consider going straight into no starch no sugar JUDDD using the lowest DDs that you can handle.

Fingers and toes crossed for you!!!
Old 05-28-2012, 05:39 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

What she said.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:47 PM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks, folks --

I just checked the timeline, and it is actually vlcd 8 for me -- darn it!

I gained a ton in p3 this time... it was due to a number of factors (major physical and emotional stress, a bad flu that lasted two months) -- and I actually didn't weigh when I started this round, but I definitely am losing inches quickly -- most of the gain was inflammation, I think, and it is coming off fast.

I did eat only p3 foods, but I wasn't weighing and correcting -- the physical demands on me were so intense (multiple all nighters a week, tons of heavy lifting, a ton of mental stress) that I just decided to eat p3 to the point of satiety, and bully through what needed to be done.

So the round is working -- that isn't the problem -- but I am having one of those "hungry" rounds.

I think I will try to ride out the rest of the round slightly rogue -- rogue enough to make it bearable, at least -- and then transition. I hope I can get back to 110 this round, or better yet, back to my goal weight, which is 105.

After the minimum round, though, I am going to be mighty ready to start JUDDDing!
Old 05-28-2012, 05:51 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Here are a few things that have helped with hunger during hcg:

- l-glutamine - curbs carb cravings
- Yogi Healthy Fasting tea - seems to take away hunger, also great as an iced tea
- steamed red cabbage as the veggie with a meal. You can have a decent portion without exceeding your 500 cals and it's pretty filling
- slices of cucumber - these are great snacks if you get the hungries
- water with a bit of lemon juice - depending on how you're making up the 500 cals, a few drops of fresh lemon juice in your water helps you to drink more and helps keep you feeling full
Old 05-28-2012, 10:57 PM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks for the suggestions!

Thankfully, I don't crave carbs... I have been lc for so long, I lost my craving for them long, long ago! L Glutamine has a lot of health benefits to it, so still not a bad idea to take it.

I love me some cabbage, and also cucumbers. I think veggies are going to get me through the rest of the round, if anything does. Thankfully, I love them, so it isn't a problem to get me to eat them.

What I really, really miss is fat ... and dairy. I am going to try staying dairy free for a number of weeks, because I think I am sensitive to it .... at least there are some lovely dairy alternatives.