Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2012, 01:04 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Wasn't going to post about my loss this week but...

I lost another pound this week and I started TOM today. Other than feeling a bit more hunger I wasn't entirely sure when to expect it as these days it can be a bit irregular. I have been trying to prepare myself to not see any losses on the scale for two weeks out of every month so I am thrilled.I did not allow myself any extra calorie but I did calorie plan to allow for my beloved sf chocolate. That really was a life saver.
I think even if you don't see any losses on the scale for those couple of weeks a month, you can still be losing fat. It is just not showing on the scale because of water retention. So there is still hope for women, we probably do lose every week our scale is just trying to trick us. But it's sure nice when the scale lets you see it
Another thing I have been experiencing is some frustration on UD. It was starting to feel like a diet day to me. Always basically eating the same foods. Also I will get to eat quite a bit more on UD days in maintence because I am going to keep my DD at 300. I can't wait. 1,500 doesn't feel very generous to me. Anyway my DH and I did something we did on days we weren't dieting and couldn't figure out what we wanted for dinner. We choose five frozen appetizer/ meals and eat a bit of each to make a really nice sized meal. My DH figure out how much each "portion" of some of each would be for me. I had a big yummy plate of five different non diet foods all for just 500 calories. It was very satisfying both physically and emotionally and I had calories left over for " dessert. Little by little the longer you practice this woe and play by the rules, the more you find different ways to customize it and make it work better and better for you. This forum is such a great place to swap what you have learned with your Buddds . Like a little gold mine of Juddd knowledge. As always I You all and come here first thing when I wake up..I owe much of my successes to my lovely Buddds
Vanessa
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2012, 01:07 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:32 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/115/110-114
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Isn't it wonderful when we see a loss!

I will have to look into the frozen stuff, what did you have to eat that you really liked and all for only 500 calories. Did you bake them all in the oven at the same time? Sounds ever so good! What a super idea!!
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:11 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
We had TGTF potato skins with bacon and cheddar cheese( one for me)Lean Cuisene pot stickers and rice ( two for me plus tiny bit of the rice), Marie Calenders smoky macaroni and cheese with bacon ( one quarter of the carton for me), TGTF honey BBQ chicken nuggets ( six for me). One other time I only had one pot sticker and had a mozzarella stick with maranara sauce instead of the second pot sticker. My portions filled up my plate and really I couldn't have eaten any more without getting uncomfortably full. I am planning on making this a once a week occasion, probably on the weekend. Of course you can choose from your own favorites, it really feels a bit like cheating but you aren't. It really helped take away the feeling of being a bit deprived. It did wonders for my spirit. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, it's not always a duck
Vanessa

Last edited by Muffabuff; 05-28-2012 at 03:12 PM.. Reason: My DH did the cooking in the oven and staggered the foods timing
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:42 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mitsa
Stats: start 118/ goal 100
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 05/26/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffabuff View Post
I lost another pound this week and I started TOM today. Other than feeling a bit more hunger I wasn't entirely sure when to expect it as these days it can be a bit irregular. I have been trying to prepare myself to not see any losses on the scale for two weeks out of every month so I am thrilled.I did not allow myself any extra calorie but I did calorie plan to allow for my beloved sf chocolate. That really was a life saver.
I think even if you don't see any losses on the scale for those couple of weeks a month, you can still be losing fat. It is just not showing on the scale because of water retention. So there is still hope for women, we probably do lose every week our scale is just trying to trick us. But it's sure nice when the scale lets you see it
Another thing I have been experiencing is some frustration on UD. It was starting to feel like a diet day to me. Always basically eating the same foods. Also I will get to eat quite a bit more on UD days in maintence because I am going to keep my DD at 300. I can't wait. 1,500 doesn't feel very generous to me. Anyway my DH and I did something we did on days we weren't dieting and couldn't figure out what we wanted for dinner. We choose five frozen appetizer/ meals and eat a bit of each to make a really nice sized meal. My DH figure out how much each "portion" of some of each would be for me. I had a big yummy plate of five different non diet foods all for just 500 calories. It was very satisfying both physically and emotionally and I had calories left over for " dessert. Little by little the longer you practice this woe and play by the rules, the more you find different ways to customize it and make it work better and better for you. This forum is such a great place to swap what you have learned with your Buddds . Like a little gold mine of Juddd knowledge. As always I You all and come here first thing when I wake up..I owe much of my successes to my lovely Buddds
Vanessa
excellent !! Well done. Im still a little confused now as to my DD. should i start them at 500 and work down and my UD, well 1490 cals is alot for me?
Mitsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:13 PM   #6

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
If you are comfortable with less than 500 that is fine. It is up to you Mitsa. Eat up the 1490 though, you need to enjoy the nutrients and freedom of your UDs, and that is why the JUDDD magic works.

Vanessa, I am delighted to see you dropping another pound. Brilliant job.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:10 PM   #7

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Awesome!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:12 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Wonderful to hear! I never have trouble finding yummy UD menus! It is my DD that sometimes gives me pause. I made a wonderful lean beef stew for tomorrow DD and it is full of lots of veggies to make up for the lack of calories.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:22 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
If you are comfortable with less than 500 that is fine. It is up to you Mitsa. Eat up the 1490 though, you need to enjoy the nutrients and freedom of your UDs, and that is why the JUDDD magic works.

Vanessa, I am delighted to see you dropping another pound. Brilliant job.
No, im not uncomfortable with dd cals, calculator says 297. But i read somewhere for induction, i should eat 500? So basically, the UD number seems to be the important one?

I have to apologize, but im sure ive had advice about this already but i cant find my posts
Old 05-28-2012, 09:22 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Mitsa, you should start your first 2 weeks with 500 cals and then work down. Or at least that is what Dr. J suggests. If you continue to lose at 500 then you can stay there and be none the worse!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:44 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Mitsa, you should start your first 2 weeks with 500 cals and then work down. Or at least that is what Dr. J suggests. If you continue to lose at 500 then you can stay there and be none the worse!
Good point
Old 05-29-2012, 02:08 AM   #12

Mitsa if you click on "User Control Panel" in the blue line at the top of the page you can keep track of all your posts and unsubscribe from some threads if you no longer need to keep them on hand.

Very, very useful tool.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:10 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Mitsa if you click on "User Control Panel" in the blue line at the top of the page you can keep track of all your posts and unsubscribe from some threads if you no longer need to keep them on hand.

Very, very useful tool.
Excellent, thank you
Old 05-29-2012, 03:59 AM   #14

Old 05-29-2012, 05:01 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JanetTN
Stats: too much/getting there/just right!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Jan 2012
Great idea Vanessa. It would be like having an appetizer sampler (sometimes I prefer that over a meal)
JanetTN is offline   Reply With Quote