Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2012, 03:47 PM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by icecreamjunkie View Post
I laughed so hard! thanks for that!!!

I do hope you find the owner (and they turn out to be a resonsiBULL owner! ) As someone who is very active in pit bull rescue (which, MOST dogs out there are not true american pit bull dogs, but rather an amalgamation of various bully breeds) I am grateful for people who do not buy into the stereotypical media portrayal. I will tell you that these dogs, really need to know that their human is in control and always has the situation under control. If not, they will assume the role of leader very quickly. They are faithful and loyal to their humans to the death. If for whatever reason the dog took up with your hubby first, he (the dog...and maybe the hubby too! ) needs to understand that YOU come before him in the pecking order. If he is getting along with your other dog....THAT is an EXCELLENT sign!!!
My two (the obviously ferocious ones in my photo! ) are not big dog fans, however, they have never met a strange human! They LOVE people!
His family never claimed him, but DH has a friend who met him last week, then had a playdate with his pit bull and this one, and they got along well. He asked to have him over the weekend for a "trial run" and it all went very well, so he now has a new family!! He's been with them for a week now.

This morning, my daughter and I took our boxer/mastiff mix to the biannual Bully Rescue walk. It's a BLAST! There are literally hundreds of dogs with their people who all get event t-shirts and then walk a circuitous two mile trail around the park. It's an amazingly well-managed event and all the proceeds go to our local bully rescue. I was shocked to learn boxers are considered a bully breed. For some reason, I thought they weren't, probably because they don't really have a bad reputation. Anywho--anything I can do to support animal causes and childrens' hospitals. Those are my passions.

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2012, 04:01 PM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: icecreamjunkie
Stats: 295/267/170
WOE: HCG Rx R2/P2 (6 week rounds)/JUDDD
Start Date: Jan 17, 2012 R1/ April 29th R2/ May 12 JUDDD
That would be my wish.....for no animal to be unloved, homeless, abused or suffer a fate brought on by the savages of mankind. But...especially my beloved pibbles! I just hate that they have been exploited and made out to be the "savage animal" when it clearly is a situation of nurtue vs. nature.

Oh, and to be 100lbs lighter by July 1st!
icecreamjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:17 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Showcats
Stats: 193/168.6/150 5'6" Age 48
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 4/1/12 (177.8)
I agree about the homeless animals. We foster abandoned kittens for the humane society. My avi is a kitten that was dropped off when she was about 4 weeks old. We fostered her until she was big enough to spay and ended up adopting her because she is just the sweetest kitten ever
Showcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:19 PM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: icecreamjunkie
Stats: 295/267/170
WOE: HCG Rx R2/P2 (6 week rounds)/JUDDD
Start Date: Jan 17, 2012 R1/ April 29th R2/ May 12 JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Showcats View Post
I agree about the homeless animals. We foster abandoned kittens for the humane society. My avi is a kitten that was dropped off when she was about 4 weeks old. We fostered her until she was big enough to spay and ended up adopting her because she is just the sweetest kitten ever
This makes my soul smile! Foster 'parents' do NOT realize how crucial they are!!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!!
icecreamjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:38 PM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I wish that my best friend would meet someone who would love and care for her as she deserves. She is amazing and has been through more in one life time than I can ever imagine.

I wish that my flowers would be planted and gardening done sans moi.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote