Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2012, 12:57 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Buttercup204
Stats: 204/197/165
WOE: NK/JUDDD
Finally Found My DD "Groove"

Ive been fumbling around for a while and I've always done well on JUDDD but had a heck of a time sticking to my DD's for a while. Too much hunger...

Well I read a little ebook about a short term diet and found out that it's pretty much exactly like JUDDD except the "diet" day consisted of all protein "waters". So I decided to try that method to see if it made my DD compliance better and it DID! I water down my lc whey protein shakes about half consistency of what the directions say and have about one every 2 hrs or so and stick with mostly water or tea other than the protein and have about 7-9 of them per day and it's worked! I felt very little desire to cheat on my DD and actually got through it (on PMS days too) with no gnawing hunger. I did have cravings but when I did it was time for more protein. I had iron resolve! New to me! I did one UD where I basically did a FD but I didn't lose much the next DD so I feel better overall if I stick to healthy protein and veggies and some fat and I don't restrict and have a treat on my UDs but nothing huge like a small dessert. I've been doing this method for a week now and I've lost 9 lbs!!! Holy cow! I'm so excited I can barely contain myself and my excitement. So this method combined with a mostly low carb UD w/occasional treats has really made me feel more in control and my measurements are already changing! I was getting up to size 16's but now I'm almost back in 14's in very little time and my ultimate goal is size 8/10. I was there in '07 and I have been battling to get back there but this for once does NOT feel like a battle! Yippee!!! I just wanted to gush about my scale victory lol. I haven't had any for a while. I was over 200lbs and getting very depressed about it and couldnt seem to lose at all on Atkins anymore (I think only upward movement on the scale after two years was just too much for me I needed SOMETHING to help me)! Now I'm finally feeling the success I would get a small taste of before from JUDDD. Oh and I haven't been exercising much because of an injury so I'm sort of waiting to do more heavy exercise until I get more of this weight off as I only really like running but it hurts my joints too much to do it now and I end up hurting myself. I'm tall so I'm always going to be heavy to some degree but I know when I'm over taxing my joints. I'm doing calisthenics and some walking still with some jogging for now. I really need to lose a good 20 more lbs before I can get seriously back to running.

I have a 5k to run the end of June so I may end up walk/jogging it but that's okay as long as its fun and I do it.

Okay, off my soapbox for now! Thanks for reading!

-Michelle
2nd Mini-goal: 190
3rd Mini-goal: 185
4th Mini-goal: 180
5th Mini-goal: 175
6th Mini -goal: 170
Goal: 155-165 & size 8/10 or whatever weight gets rid of my wobbly bits!
Buttercup204 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2012, 01:58 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
Glad you found your "groove"! That's what I call it, too.
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:38 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Excellent!! Wonderful!! It is a thrill when we find what works for us. Like you, I also do protein. On the DD's where I eat, I don't drink protein waters, but I only eat protein. It generally manages the hunger very well except for a few times when my body chooses to scream out more. But I found that if I ate carbs (including the "good ones like veges and fruits) on DD's, i couldn't handle the hunger that it would bring on. i am happy for you!!
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:06 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
you are doing great! I'm glad you found a way to make it work for you.
Jbinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:03 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
I am so very happy for you Michelle.

Phyl
gotitnow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:43 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/145.8/145
Start Date: March 2012
You are doing fantastic! Glad you have found what worksEnjoy run/walking your 5k 9 pounds lighter!
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:56 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Thanks everyone!!! :-) I appreciate the feedback and encouragement. I had some chicken Breast on my DD yesterday with the protein drinks and it didn't derail me at all. I normally don't have diet sodas on DDs but it was Friday so I had a diet Pepsi and it didn't make me hungrier or much of any harm so I might allow that more after I get beyond the first two weeks or so. I want to do this right! I also want to see much I lose this first month. :-)
Old 05-26-2012, 04:58 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Woohoo! Love to hear this! Have fun JUDDDing!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:06 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:13 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Thanks for sharing! I'm so happy for you!

Is your whey flavored--vanilla, chocolate, etc--or is it unflavored? Are you mixing it only with water?

I remember reading a similar hint/trick a few years ago, but the drink was supposed to be as flavorless as possible (maybe Shangri La Diet, maybe some other source).

Last edited by piratejenny; 05-26-2012 at 10:21 PM..
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:35 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Thanks for sharing! I'm so happy for you!

Is your whey flavored--vanilla, chocolate, etc--or is it unflavored? Are you mixing it only with water?

I remember reading a similar hint/trick a few years ago, but the drink was supposed to be as flavorless as possible (maybe Shangri La Diet, maybe some other source).
Hi Jenny! Mine is vanilla but I read you can use whatever flavor you want as long as carbs and fat were less than 5 gms per serving. Mine is two grams fat and two grams carbs per scoop and since the protein is supposed to be 10 grms per 1.5-2.5 hrs, I use a little less than half my scoop which says a rounded scoop is supposed to be 130 cals and 27 grms of protein so I make it half of a level scoop. I figure that's close to 10 grms protein or so. I actually thought the full strength stuff was too sweet so I'm happier with the half strength stuff. It's just right. I mix it with water but I could mix it with cold green tea too. No hot liquids as that breaks down the protein. If I used the flavorless stuff like AnyWhey it would be flavorless I suppose. I haven't tried that yet. ;-) plus its supposed to be heat stable and might mix better with warm drinks...something to consider.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:49 PM   #12
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I'm glad to hear you have found this way of taking in your nourishment on a DD that is also so low in calories and keeps you feeling fairly satisfied, all at the same time! Sounds like success to me. Yay!

Yup. You've found your groove.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:55 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Thanks again - I am happy to say I think you're right. Did I mention that TOM came today and I still didn't notice any bloat? That's totally unheard of for me! If I did have bloat then maybe I'll lose a couple lbs more (I'm not gonna even imagine that) lol. I'm ecstatic with my losses so far, not gonna jinx it!

(((Happy Dance)))

-Michelle
Old 05-28-2012, 07:16 AM   #14
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
This is great Michelle, I am delighted for you.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote