Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2012, 08:12 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/120.8/115-120
WOE: JUDDD
PMS Cravings

I can't control myself. Since I started JUDD 2 weeks ago, I have added fruits (which I really missed on Atkins). I was on Atkins for 2 months prior to JUDD and had such delightful PMS (barely any cravings). Today- I have already eaten 1000 calories since 7 AM and it is only 11 AM What do I do. I don't want to gain what I lost on JUDD (I have lost 4 lb in 2 weeks) but I think I need to go low carb on JUDD (perhaps during TOM). The carbs I added are mainly from fruits and veggies. I first started with berries but once I added apples, my cravings sky-rocked. PMS food cravings have always been a problem for me and only on Atkins I had no issues. I don't want to quit JUDD. Please help
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2012, 08:16 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Several people here have remained low carb with JUDDD. That's absolutely doable. Others have remained low carb initially and added carbs back one at a time, spread out over several weeks to see what they did to their cravings. I know a few have said that if a food caused a craving, they stopped eating it, then tried again later on, after JUDDD had time to work its healing magic, and they were able to add it in with no problems.

A lot of women here also allow a little extra during TOM and Ovulation to help with the hunger. Just ask yourself if it's true hunger, or if it's head hunger. If it's head hunger, drink some water, go for a walk, have some broth, etc., until it passes. If it's true hunger, try to have something low calorie that will satisfy you until your next meal.

Good luck!

10/24/11 @ 277.6
January 2014 @ 145
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:26 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Dawn. I think you are right. I need to give myself a permission to have little more food during PMS. I am thinking that perhaps I can increase slightly my DD (I usually try to have 500-600 cal). Maybe if I have 700 cal on DD during PMS, I will not want to over-eat on my UD. This morning I was super hungry after yeasterday's DD and that's why I ate so much. It was a reall HUNGER (like if I have not eaten in days ) Oh, those darned hormones.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:55 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
I can identify. Six weeks in and I'm still careful with introducing carbs, because strong sugar has a Jecykll/Hyde effect on me. Sends me into Craveville. I'm now great with fruit and veggies and dark chocolate, which is lovely. Wee bits of cake and cookie are good. My beloved chocolate salt caramels are still dangerous, though. I try them every week and have faith that they'll be good before long. This is heaven, no?
Kristin
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:28 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Omg joy joy what are chocolate salt caramels? My weakness is sea salt caramel gelato with dark chocolate bits. It sounds like love. but I've never heard of those!
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 05:23 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
sea salt caramel gelato with dark chocolate bits

I have died and gone to heaven! Don't think that will be available in my little town...recipe hunting time.

Can you bathe in it?
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Oh Nancy you make me. I live in a small town of 4,000 and I can get it. It's called Talentis Gelato. It also comes in Belgiem Milk Chocolate, Vanilla Bean and Blood Orange. I didn't care for the vanilla and haven't tried the orange. The Carmel and milk chocolate are to die for Nancy. Most times I'd rather ave one quarter cup of that than an entire cup of Skinney Cow. You must see if you can find it. If they have it in my hole in the wall town thereis hope for you . And yes you may bathe in it but bring a spoon
Vanessa
Old 05-28-2012, 12:42 AM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SummerAnne
Stats: 254/247.6/No Specific Goal
WOE: NK
Start Date: 8/1/13
I have found I require more calories on the DD that falls on the first or second day of my period. I don't have any specific cravings, I just need more food. I don't go crazy with it, but I do eat more than I should, probably anywhere from 200 - 400 calories more, which technically makes it a MD.
SummerAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:39 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Muffabuff, chocolate salt caramels are dense caramel cubes covered in chocolate, then sprinkled with salt. They are divine. As is your gelato, by the sounds of it. I'll look for it, thanks,
Kristin
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Sounds like you need to cut out the apples for a bit longer. Go back to just berries. You are healing as well as losing, and sometimes, that healing can take longer than we'd like it to.

And yes, allow yourself a couple hundred extra calories to accommodate TOM hunger. Many of us need to do that. At least a good DD or 2 once TOM leaves takes care of whatever showed up that week.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:21 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
Sounds like you need to cut out the apples for a bit longer. Go back to just berries. You are healing as well as losing, and sometimes, that healing can take longer than we'd like it to.
Yes, you are right-the apple was the culprit. I did fine w/berries as the carb contant is lower.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:29 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Kristin I will google them and see where I can find some. I have now gotten my daughter addicted to the Talenti gelato, both the sea salt carmel and the milk chocolate. She is trying to gain ten pounds, that should do it for her, it did for me when I got carried away with it. Oh to be 23 years old again
Old 05-31-2012, 04:25 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Speaking of heaven, needing to gain 10 pounds by eating large quantities of gelato sounds like heaven. I think that will be in my dreams tonight
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote