Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2012, 09:02 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kbeth
Stats: 5'4" 43yo 161/148/125
WOE: Paleo-esque
Start Date: April 2002/Restart April 2012
Anyone with Autoimmune Disease helped by JUDDD

I have Sjogren's Syndrome and I feel a great deal better when I eat LC. I am still losing well and feeling good, so I plan to stay on LC for a while.
HOWEVER ....JUDDD sounds incredibly appealing for the long haul. I desperately want to lose that "all or nothing" mentality I get when I do LC. When I do screw up, it's HUGE and usually takes me a week or two of binging to get it out of my system. Like, I better really eat everything I want because TOMORROW I'm going back to LC. Soooo not healthy mentally or physically.
I understand that JUDDD can help with those feelings.
The thing I worry about is losing the benefits of a sugar-free, flour-free plan. I am going to break down and buy the book eventually , but I'm wondering if I can hear from some JUDDD peeps about helping AD symptoms while consuming UD/DD with non-LC items.
Thank you again! You people are EXTREMELY helpful!
<---Avatar Summer 2009. Soooo close to goal and then had a mad, passionate weekend with sugar. Let me be a lesson to you. Not sure you're strong enough to cheat and then get right back on plan?? Then don't do it!!
kbeth is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2012, 09:46 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
I also have Sjogren's so I am interested in the answers to this. I will say that IF in general seems to help with my inflammation, but the dry eye, mouth, etc has not changed one bit. My joint inflammation comes and goes and does not seem to have much rhyme or reason.
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:50 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
You sound similar to me. I suffer with the "all or nothing"mentality as well. I have to say that JUDDD has done wonders for me in that department.

I have a severe autoimmune disease, IBD, and JUDDD has helped me a great deal, however, I have to say that I eat gluten free, and most days I try to stay low carb. I still think that too much sugar, wheat, etc causes inflammation in a body that has autoimmune issues. That being said, I do allow myself some occasional treats without obsessing about it.

JUDDD is helping heal me and that is HUGE to me. I have arthritis associated with my IBD, and it has been debilitating at times. With JUDDD, the arthritis has greatly improved. I know it is from JUDDD as it was not healed with any other plan I was on.

JUDDD has also stopped my binge behavior. I rejoice that I can eat a portion of something with sugar in it without eating it all. I can have a small portion of ice cream and not eat the gallon. I can eat two squares of dark chocolate and not eat the entire bar. JUDDD is normalizing how I eat. I like feeling like a normal person! I like it a lot.

My recommendation is to do JUDDD and stay with your sugar free and flour free plan while doing it. It will maximize your healing. But if you do eat something upon occasion with sugar or flour in it, hopefully you will be able to manage it without binging like I have learned to do. JUDDD can help in healing the inflammation, but in my heart of hearts, I believe that for those of us with AD, the sugar and flour keeps those inflammation fires burning. Just my opinion.

Good luck!!

Last edited by sungoddess; 05-26-2012 at 09:56 AM..
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:08 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: circusgirl
Stats: 219/185/140
WOE: primal/paleo-currently HCG
Start Date: August 1999 primal, HCG in 2010
yup! I have celiac disease and psoriasis. clearly being gf takes care of the celiac, but not all the inflammation. That's what JUDDD does!
circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote