Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 07:19 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mamalaw
Stats: 291/260/140 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: May 1,2012
I blew it!! What do I do???

I'm new and I messed up. Today was to be a DD and I blew it 1300 instead of 463. What do I do?? Should I make tomorrow a DD or just stick to the rotation? Sunday has to be an UD as we are going out to eat with our daughter and son in law.
mamalaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2012, 07:42 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: circusgirl
Stats: 219/185/140
WOE: primal/paleo-currently HCG
Start Date: August 1999 primal, HCG in 2010
I'm no authority, but I'd probably make tomorrow an UD. Those cals don't look high enough to be an UD so I'd consider it a medium day and make it so Sunday can be legitimately up.

Perhaps a more seasoned JUDDDster can chime in.

Don't worry, mistakes happen, JUDDD is forgiving. You'll be okay.
circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:06 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimberino
Stats: 235/141 50 yo
WOE: Atkins/now JUDDD
Start Date: 3 '09 Atkins-3 '12 JUDDD
I agree. Make today an MD, which is a combination of your DD and UD calories divided in half. Have your UD tomorrow and you'll be able to stick to your desired rotation.

It's best to go 2 weeks to a month on strict rotation, to get the full benefit of JUDDD going; however, JUDDD is forgiving and you'll be fine!
kimberino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:18 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

circusgirl & kimberino for the help. Believe me that is my plan. As of tomorrow. Went to the store to day for DD supplies. Should make things better.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:24 PM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: RenoMom
Start Date: 4/29/13
Never mind... I lost track of the days, LOL

Last edited by RenoMom; 05-24-2012 at 08:40 PM..
RenoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:29 PM   #6
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Just continue with your rotation and make tomorrow an UD, as planned so that Sunday stays an the UD that you need.

YOU WILL BE FINE, LIFE HAPPENS!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoMom View Post
Actually if you need Sunday to be an UD you should have tomorrow a DD to work into that rotation.
FYI... if she makes tomorrow a DD than that would turn Sunday into an DD not an UD...Friday DD, Saturday UD, Sunday DD. By keeping her rotation of tomorrow being an UD it gives her... Friday UD, Saturday DD, Sunday UD.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:15 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Keep tomarrow as the UD it is supposed to be. You are lucky as Sunday is an UD for you. However, if it was a DD there is no reason that you couldn't go out with your family and still respect your DD calories. You could have order steamed fish and veggies, ate one third and taken home the rest in a doggy bag. Going out for a meal with friends and family, esp in the induction phase, is not a valid reason to blow a DD. It's not the food, but the company of loved ones that makes the occasion special. If you look hard enough, you can always find a reason to blow a DD. I guess I just feel like it is a matter of priorities. It's always someone else's birthday or baby shower. Someone is always coming in from out of town whatever. This woe esp in the first several weeks, really requires a level of commitment and priority. I actually survived quite well on my DH birthday, I baked him his cake, watched him eat it throughout the whole day, on my DD and didn't consider it my free pass to mess up my DD. And I'm sure this is at least one of the reasons that I'm wearing my size 6 jeans as I'm texting. And that is way better than his cake could have ever tasted. A meal is about being with people you enjoy, the food is really secondary. You can be more flexible after doing this woe for a couple of months but even then it's about what your priorities are. Just a little bit of tough love, please take it as intended. I want you to succeed at this woe and meet your goals!
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffabuff View Post
Keep tomarrow as the UD it is supposed to be. You are lucky as Sunday is an UD for you. However, if it was a DD there is no reason that you couldn't go out with your family and still respect your DD calories. You could have order steamed fish and veggies, ate one third and taken home the rest in a doggy bag. Going out for a meal with friends and family, esp in the induction phase, is not a valid reason to blow a DD. It's not the food, but the company of loved ones that makes the occasion special. If you look hard enough, you can always find a reason to blow a DD. I guess I just feel like it is a matter of priorities. It's always someone else's birthday or baby shower. Someone is always coming in from out of town whatever. This woe esp in the first several weeks, really requires a level of commitment and priority. I actually survived quite well on my DH birthday, I baked him his cake, watched him eat it throughout the whole day, on my DD and didn't consider it my free pass to mess up my DD. And I'm sure this is at least one of the reasons that I'm wearing my size 6 jeans as I'm texting. And that is way better than his cake could have ever tasted. A meal is about being with people you enjoy, the food is really secondary. You can be more flexible after doing this woe for a couple of months but even then it's about what your priorities are. Just a little bit of tough love, please take it as intended. I want you to succeed at this woe and meet your goals!
Old 05-24-2012, 10:23 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Instead of Life happens you'll be ok, how about Life happens do it anyway?
Old 05-24-2012, 10:47 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/145.8/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffabuff View Post
great post! This is something I needed to read. Thank you!
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:51 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/145.8/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012
Mamalaw!! Enjoy you meal with your daughter and son-in-law! The DD's do get much easier.
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:25 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Beeb, Babsbabs, Muffabuff,
Thanks so much for the help and support.
Muffabuff tough love is what we all need sometime and you are right I just have to keep telling myself that.
~Lisa (mamalaw)
Old 05-26-2012, 03:29 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Mamalaw, I'm so glad you took my advice with all the love and support intended. DD can a good day to indulge yourself in a facial, mani/pedi, long bubble bath. Anything really that feels like a reward that isn't food. Sometimes I "window" shop online spending a couple of hours picking out great clothes and putting them in my cart. When I feel satisfied I delete my cart. Kind of like shopping bulimia, all the fun none of the expense. I already have too much clothing and no room for more. I'm just now fitting into my clothes again I'm really looking forward to watching your progress.
Vanessa