Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 11:07 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KathyL
Stats: 205/118-122/125 5'4" Age 53
WOE: low glycemic index in 2011 JUDDD in 2012
Start Date: January 2011
Anybody *not* feel hunger?

I can honestly say that 90% or more of the time I just don't feel hunger. I eat because I *want* to or it's time to, more than because I am hungry. And when I do feel hunger, if for some reason I can't eat right then, it usually passes quickly so that by the time I'm ready to eat I don't feel that hunger anymore. (I think it also makes it hard to know when I'm full.) I guess I shouldn't complain.....it really does make DDs easier. I wasn't always this way but it did start before JUDDD. But sometimes I miss that really hungry feeling and the satisfaction a good meal brings.
KathyL is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2012, 11:09 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
I am with you now. It took several weeks. Now, on DDs I still feel hunger. Mid morning and then I have something small, then about lunch time I feel a little hungry. UD are my big problem now. I fuel really good at breakfast, 425c worth and then the rest of the day, I am not hungry at all!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:33 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Judd has changed all together the way i veiw foods now.. and yes.. one of those things that i have gone now is.. real hungar.. I no longer veiw food as a treat, it has almost became a chore~ Not being hungry and yet looking at the clock and knowing i have sooo many calories to get in before 630 pm has became like a chore to eat.. no pleasure at all from foods.. it is mearly a means to an end.. (fyi,,630 pm for me, is a long standing time that i need to finsh eating before so i dont go to sleep on a full stomach for GURD issues).. But yah.. not hungry
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:35 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I get hungry. Sometimes ravenously so. I don't think that will ever change for me, but what has changed is the feeling of urgency--that "I have to eat right now" feeling. That has gone away.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:48 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
Although I do still get hungry, I've noticed a few things. I get satisfied quicker and on most UD's, it can be a challenge to eat enough (alert the press ). Food doesn't hold the "importance" that it once did. I don't panic if I know I'll be unable to eat for awhile. Ironically, if I know I'll be without food for awhile on an UD, I get panicky wondering how I'll get all my cals in!

The occasional tough DD still happens (yesterday was one) and I have to say I wondered what was up with that because I was really hungry. Typically on a DD, the hunger comes but is pretty much gone before I really even realize it was there.

But, overall, I have to say my hunger has greatly reduced. Not to 90% of time, but significantly.

vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
I am always hungry and have to talk my self out of eating things!! Dd are easier then uds. too many choices means trouble.
cuttie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:15 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Yep, I am usually not hungry. Probably not 90%, maybe 75%. I eat because it's time, or because I need to get the calories in.

I just had an almond butter/polaner sandwich on half of one of my grain free vegan rolls and am STUFFFED. I wasn't really hungry, but was short on calories. Now I feel like a glutton. It was only 1 tbsp of almond butter and a tsp of jam, on a bagel thin sized piece of 'bread'! But I feel like I had a 4 course meal.

And the appetite suppression happened before JUDDD for me too--eating paleo got me there. Which is why I was only eating ~1100 calories a day and my metabolism had slowed to a crawl.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:21 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimberino
Stats: 235/141 50 yo
WOE: Atkins/now JUDDD
Start Date: 3 '09 Atkins-3 '12 JUDDD
I'm one who is not usually hungry...but all I do is think about food! Gah! I am finding, however, that with JUDDD, I'm naturally making healthier choices, so there is that.
kimberino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:42 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
I used to eat so much and soften and for so many reasons that I almost never felt real hunger. So I'm happy to feel it now. The bit I'm still learning to deal with is the bouts of crazy, psychological, pseudo-hunger (I want to eat something NOW!) that I still get for maybe an hour on each UD and DD. This is the kind of "hunger" that drove me all the time before.
What I like is that I'm getting clearer with each week about the fact that these hour-long things pass. I see more clearly that I have always, always used food as an anaesthetic and an anti-anxiety/stress measure. I'm 50, and I feel like I'm only now just old enough to look myself straight in the eye about these things! Wild.
Thanks for all of your nutty thoughts about "I can hardly get my calories in over the day". I will faint the day I join you guys on that one,
Kristin
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:08 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/167/155 5' 8"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
I actually feel genuine hunger more now I'm doing JUDDD. When I "think" I'm hungry, I offer myself a choice between something "fun" like peanut butter and say, a tomato or cucumber or soup. If I only want the peanut butter, chances are it isn't physical hunger!

I followed the Normal Eating program a few years ago to identify the difference between my emotional and physical hunger and I've found it really compatible with JUDDD.
Alcestis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:20 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
I thought about this thread last night. It was an UD, so, ya know, I can eat! I get home from work, got started on a project. Next thing I know, 4 hours had passed and never thought about food. But, I'd gotten a few hunger pangs by then, so I made myself a good, calorie-filled salad not long before we went to bed, hoping I met my UD calories.
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:54 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I lost my hunger "signal" as well. According to Robin Phipps Woodall, "Weight Loss Apocalypse", it is very important to only eat when your hunger scale is between 3.5 and 4, with 5 being satisfied and of course anything higher being overly sated. This is causing me issues on UD and of course, now I am wondering what would happen if I only ate to satiety??? Some days that may not be up to my calories. I am experimenting some with my hunger scale and will report back with what I am finding.

Oh, and Dr. J may discuss this in depth, I am not finished with his book, so I am ashamed to admit that I got sidetracked with Robin's book after I started watching her videos. It is intriguing to me that we lose this signal during JUDDD, could this be due to the Sirt-1???

http://medweb.mit.edu/pdf/hunger_scale.pdf
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html

Last edited by sunday; 05-25-2012 at 11:55 AM..
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:18 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Thanks for the hunger scale. That was helpful!

It's a DD for me, and my dd wants to make fried catfish, ugh. IF I don't eat anything until dinner, I can make it work. But I'm hungry.

Looking at the scale, I realize I'm only between a 3-4 on the scale, so I can survive. I also realize it's the one time of day I actually feel hungry if I'm going to--3-4:30. Maybe a little broth to get me through.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:11 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KathyL
Stats: 205/118-122/125 5'4" Age 53
WOE: low glycemic index in 2011 JUDDD in 2012
Start Date: January 2011
Hmmm, the hunger scale is interesting.

I don't think I've honestly ever felt myself at 1 or 2. Even if I'd been fasting for several days (which I no longer do more than 1 day at a time since JUDDD).

#3 maybe, but without the coordination thing, and the strong urge to eat is not usually lasting which makes me question if it's true hunger (for me).

#4 yes. I do get that. But again, if I don't act on it soon, it passes. Which makes me question if I was really hungry or not in the first place. Maybe that's the signal for me....except it just doesn't stick around until I eat. It comes and goes whether I eat or not.
KathyL is offline   Reply With Quote