Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 04:04 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Balance101
Stats: 207/197/140
WOE: hHcg
Start Date: 10/7/13
Newbie question

Hi ladies! I've been doing JUDDD for about a week now and don't think I'll ever eat any other way. I did, however, eat way too much on my down day yesterday; 900 calories instead of 500. Should I deduct the 400 calories from my up day today? I had a gain of .8 this morning. The first time I've had a gain after a down day. Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Edit: I should clarify. That is a .8 gain from the weigh in after my last down day. I am still lower than the weigh in after my up day yesterday morning.

Last edited by Balance101; 05-24-2012 at 04:11 AM..
Balance101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2012, 04:13 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Have your regular UD today. You don't want to deduct from your UD or tomorrow's DD will be harder. Consider it a learning experience, have a good UD today, a good DD tomorrow, and it should work itself out just fine.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:13 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JanetTN
Stats: too much/getting there/just right!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Jan 2012
hey Corey. I would just continue with my regular rotation. Some people gain after a perfect DD so don't worry about the small jump on the scale. If you have been on these boards for a while I know you have seen many posts about scale bounces so you know that .8 will be gone in no time along with some of her friends.
JanetTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:20 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Keira, I definitely don't want tomorrow's DD to be hard. I haven't had much trouble with them thus far but yesterday I just got the notion in my head that I could borrow from the next day. I know that could be my downfall if I don't get that idea out of my head.

I guess that my idea for the holiday weekend of splitting the difference of an up and down for both Sat & Sun is a bad idea then? I would do a DD on Friday and an UP on Monday.

Thanks Janet! I do know how irrational the scale can be. I am trying to get to where I weigh just once a week, but it's hard not to weigh everyday.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:28 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
If you split the difference, you're losing out on the benefits of JUDDD and it just becomes another standard low-calorie diet. You won't be making the sirt1 enzymes which really, truly make this plan work, and give all the added health improvements. It would probably still keep you from gaining, but it's not JUDDD.

I really suggest to everyone starting out to give JUDDD a full month of rotations, following the numbers given to you by the calculator, with steady rotations, before you try to "tweak" anything.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:35 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
If you split the difference, you're losing out on the benefits of JUDDD and it just becomes another standard low-calorie diet. You won't be making the sirt1 enzymes which really, truly make this plan work, and give all the added health improvements. It would probably still keep you from gaining, but it's not JUDDD.

I really suggest to everyone starting out to give JUDDD a full month of rotations, following the numbers given to you by the calculator, with steady rotations, before you try to "tweak" anything.
Good advice. I'm the (former) queen of tweakers, which is why I'm fat! I do love this woe, and don't want to f it up! I really appreciate your comments KeirasMom!
Old 05-24-2012, 07:00 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Just popping in to agree with Dawn, and to say WELCOME!

Definitely follow the plan as written for at least a month. There is SO much you learn about your body and its reactions to different foods with this woe. That knowledge can get muddled if you aren't following the plan correctly.

It may help to know that in maintenance, you can do a lot more tweaking and have more flexibility with how you structure your days.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:47 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
Nothing to add to the great advice already given, so I'll just say !
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:47 AM   #9
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
YOU WILL BE FINE, LIFE HAPPENS!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:19 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

What a great bunch here! Thanks so much for the warm welcome. I think I'm going to like it here. *takes a bite of her pizza* Yep, definitely going to like it here.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:51 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
it cannot be overstated that for this woe to succeed you must respect your calories. We rotate calories but we do not swap them lol. Simply lose the mindset that DD have 900 calories in them. You have every opportunity to be very successful on Juddd as long as you do Juddd! Come here often for advice and encouragement and I'm sure you will be a smaller you before you know it.
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote