Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2012, 08:29 AM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: momacat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
We had a lot of lunches in our Ag building for sure! I've been to lots of the Fed building cafeterias as well. The Flagship is certainly not what it used to be in it's hay day. They used to have white linen table cloths, napkins and the servers dressed up. It was what we call "fru-fru" Now they have a large buffet. You can still order from menus, but it's an old place and showing it's age (like me!).

The food is great! But, like I said, the atmosphere is not what it used to be.

We had a great time, though, and sitting out by the harbor was terrific.
Yes we all use to love to go to Flagship...it was always a call between Flagship and Hogates which was next door. We usually chose Flagship because of the rum buns. These days I don't know anyone who goes to Flagship anymore. Its seems to cater mostly to tourists these days.

Did you have chance to see what happed downtown on 7th street NW... near where the old Hechts Department store was. Talk about a radical transformation!
momacat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2012, 08:48 AM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by momacat View Post
Yes we all use to love to go to Flagship...it was always a call between Flagship and Hogates which was next door. We usually chose Flagship because of the rum buns. These days I don't know anyone who goes to Flagship anymore. Its seems to cater mostly to tourists these days.

Did you have chance to see what happed downtown on 7th street NW... near where the old Hechts Department store was. Talk about a radical transformation!
No, I didn't. Tell me about it, please!

Did you ever go to the Orlean's House in Arlington, VA back in the day? I lived walking distance from there. It's where DH took me for our first "serious" romantic date. We were able to take our kids there when they were teens and get some pictures. Unfortunately, it's gone now. The building was knocked down and demolished.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:38 AM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: momacat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
No, I didn't. Tell me about it, please!

Did you ever go to the Orlean's House in Arlington, VA back in the day? I lived walking distance from there. It's where DH took me for our first "serious" romantic date. We were able to take our kids there when they were teens and get some pictures. Unfortunately, it's gone now. The building was knocked down and demolished.
r
We also used to go to the Orlean's House. I didn't live far either. I was just across the bridge in Georgetown. The Orlean's house went the way of Flagship in the end. It just mainly catered to tourist. It was torn down just about a year ago I think.

7th Street- WOW! Actually its now called "Penn Quarter." The Department stores are long gone as is almost everything else that was ever there. The exception are the Smithsonian Portrait and American Art Galleries and they've even been redone. Chinatown hardly has any chinese restaurants in it anymore. There are now several well respect theaters, a multiplex movie theater, the Verizon center (large concerts, sports events and so on) and a large number of very fine restaurants. Actually the whole area from about
4th Street NW to 15 Street NW has gone through a major renovation. All of the Department stores are gone. The only Department store down there now is a Macy's.

Do you remember the Reeves Bakery downtown on F street between Woodies and Garfinkels? Its gone now also.

If you lived near the Orleans House you must have lived in Arlington. You should see what has happened on Wilson and Clareton Avenues between Courthouse and Balston. That area has become the "in" place. Its sort of like Georgetown now. There are all kinds of high rise apartments, townhouses, restaurants and small stores. I was just over there yesterday afternoon. There are several subway stops in the area. You'd be amazed.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:24 AM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Cheryl: I lived in a studio apartment in one of the buildings at Arlington Towers. DH lived in a Penthouse in one of the other buildings also at Arlington Towers. It was really an upscale place back then. Last time we popped in, the lobby was all boarded up. It used to have a luxury hotel feeling in the lobby and there were always attendants on duty. Now the lobby looks like, um, a slum? After we married we moved into DH's Penthouse together for a time. When we drive by, we can still pick out our balcony.

We bought a cute little house in Falls Church, VA. I still remember the address: 1833 Cherri Drive. It had a big, beautiful, green lush lot with lots of trees. We only lived there 3 months before getting the opportunity for DH to accept a job transfer to CA which we jumped at. We sold the house without even putting it on the market and moved to Sacramento.

Good memories.

Two years ago we went to Georgetown for dinner and just couldn't believe the transformation. Really beautiful and dinner was so great. Last year we went back, but it was a mess. Someone said it got flooded. All the restaurants were closed for renovation.

Anyway, it's fun talking to you about all this! Fun that you live there still!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote