Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2012, 05:24 AM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Terilynn
Stats: back to LC 1/6/14, going to stick to & make it
WOE: LC
Vitamins - Minerals - Supplements

What do you take?

What is recommended?

I am feeling good about JUDDD except for being tired ALL THE TIME.

I am sleeping better though.
Terilynn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2012, 05:34 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I think a good multi-vitamin should be fine. I found I was low in Iron when I started JUDDD, so I take one with 100% of the recs for that.

I also take a calcium/vitamin d combo, biotin, and magnesium, but most of that's for my thyroid and thyroid symptoms (magnesium is for bernice).
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:21 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stargazer
Stats: 190/166/147 5' 10"
WOE: Juddd/ Dukan
Start Date: March 2012
C,D, Magnesium Citrate, Horsetail and MSM for hair nails and skin, Omega 3 capsules,Co- enzyme Q10

They seem to be recommended by a lot of diet experts. I don't take a multivitamin. The rest you should get from a good diet.

I think we need to remember that, fun though JUDDD is, it's still a diet. Cutting calories to below those you need to maintain weight is a stress to the body and will make you tired. It's ok to take it easy sometimes and cut back on the exercise in teh interests of weight loss.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:33 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

I am not currently exercising.... I know, I know..... I need too

I take a multi vitamin and reservatrol.... but I don't think I have been this "tired" on any diet I have ever been on ... including hHcg!

I know I am eating way healthier than I ever have before too. Maybe it's just me being lazy.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:49 AM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terilynn View Post

I take a multi vitamin and reservatrol.... but I don't think I have been this "tired" on any diet I have ever been on ... including hHcg!
I know I am eating way healthier than I ever have before too. Maybe it's just me being lazy.
Are you doing LC? The reason I ask is that I felt that way after about the first month. I was just dragging around. I asked the question to the board and it was suggested I add some carbs to DD's and after starting to eat whole oat groats or oat bran for breakfast, my energy level increased. Others do better on protein or fat but I apparently needed the carbs to survive this diet. I think I drag a bit mid morning on the days I just have eggs for B. If I add toast it makes a difference. And we are all different so might not have anything to do with your lack of energy.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:54 AM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh no - no low carb for me - - I am eating everything I want.
Mostly lean meat - veggies - whole grains.....but some deserts thrown in there too (and junk food)
Old 05-22-2012, 01:08 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
Even though I take a good multi-vitamin, I feel very draggy if I don't take a good B-complex vitamin every day, too. I've been like that for forever, though.
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:16 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/122.2/115-120
What a timely post, I was about to start one. I have been on JUDD for 2 weeks and I am extremely tired. My sleep has also been affected. I wake up every morning between 2-4 AM and can't go back to sleep (I am also during PMS- and that does not help). So I am realy tired during the day. I have recently stopped taking B complex and I think I need to go back to it. Sheridan thanks for pointingg that out. I hope B complex will help.
I am also starting to add more carbs (altough I still have mental issue with them, since I was on Atkins before JUDD, I am just afraid they will make me crave more carbs).
I am just adding more fruits since I don't eat grains anyway.

Is it normal to feel tired when you start JUDD?

Terilynn-sorry to hijack your thread.

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 05-22-2012 at 01:19 PM..
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:18 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
I too am lower in the energy area just like you.. i have found that i feel best after i exersize.. now mind you.. it take all i have to actually get my butt up to do it.. butu am so glad after i do.. due to i feel pretty dang good.. So when y feel the most tired.. seriously,, get moving.. and see how fast your feel energised!! imo
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:09 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
I take a multi vitamin, Calcium with D, 5000 units D3, B-complex, cod liver oil caps, resveratrol, chelated magnesium and chromium piccolinate along with my RX 50mg beta blocker Metoprolol for blood pressure.
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:56 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terilynn View Post

Fatigue can be due to so many factors, but you may be running low on magnesium or potassium. Even people who eat very well are often shown to be deficient.

When I started taking a few drops of liquid trace minerals, I started to gradually lose the fatigue. Plus I try to get enough potassium through avocado, banana, potatoes, raisins, carrot juice and beans. For magnesium I try to eat some almonds and brazil nuts every day.

Dieting tends to deplete these minerals easily, and it can cause that overall feeling of low energy and fatigue.
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:36 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
Start Date: March, 2009
I take Vitamin D, K, ubiquinol (CoQ-10), astaxanthin, evening primrose oil, along with a whole-food multi.

Food supplementation for me is garlic, alfalfa and fish oil. I use coconut oil instead of other oils whenever I can.

The B vitamins can be directly related to lack of energy, which is why so many people improve symptoms of low energy with B-12 shots. If you suspect you are not assimilating B-12 well, or simply don't have enough in your diet, you can find sublingual (under the tongue) meltaway tablets or sprays that will get the B-12 (or a complex of B vitamins) into the bloodstream without even going through the digestive system.

Be sure you are getting plenty of water because dehydration is common and can cause a lack of energy. So many times when we stop eating as much we forget to keep up our water consumption at the same level.

Best wishes.
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:00 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mamalaw
Stats: 291/260/140 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: May 1,2012
I take...
multi-vitamin,vit D, fish oil,osteo bi flex, hair skin and nail vit with biotin.
I noticed lot of you take magnesium. Why?
mamalaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:45 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalaw View Post
I take...
multi-vitamin,vit D, fish oil,osteo bi flex, hair skin and nail vit with biotin.
I noticed lot of you take magnesium. Why?
For me, I have IBD and it is one of the number one minerals we are deficient in. I used to get such severe spasms in my legs and toes whenever I got really low. Also, Bryon Richards, nutritionist, discussed a study shows that 500 mg per day of magnesium supplementation in overweight individuals for only four weeks favorably alters many genes in the direction of less inflammation and improved metabolism.

When you look at a lot of health issues, deficiency in magnesium seems to be present. The more you stress out, or alter your diet, or just get older, the more magnesium seems to get used up.

He said, Specifically, a lack of magnesium is associated with high blood pressure, stroke, hardening of the arteries, arrhythmias, insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes mellitus, endothelial dysfunction, elevated LDL cholesterol, sticky platelets, inflammation, oxidative stress, cardiovascular mortality, asthma, chronic fatigue, as well as depression and other neuropsychiatric disorders. Also associated with migraines and constipation.

Magnesium is vital to many enzymatic processes in your body, which are governed by gene-signaling instructions. The study documents that magnesium is needed for activation of genes and may be especially important to overweight individuals.*
Old 05-25-2012, 09:07 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: 2BoysMom
Stats: Too pissed to talk about it
WOE: Keeping it simple- Hi Fat, Mod Protein and Lo Carb
Start Date: 1.26.2004 - 1st time. This time 1.1.2014
I take a multi vitamin, biotin, magnesium and black cohosh as a matter of routine...

But lately started with a sublingual B-12 as I was feeling really tired, too, and I am really amazed at what a difference it makes. I will definitely be continuing with this!
2BoysMom is offline   Reply With Quote