Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2012, 03:45 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
I've read, "What your doctor may not tell you about pre-menopause" which is by the same author I think. Are you using the natural progesterone cream?

And I would say the improvements in TOM would be an indication that things are improving in there. I think the reasoning behind losing weight and shrinking the fibroid is that fat cells produce estrogen, which grows fibroids. So doing anything that reduces your estrogen load is going to be helpful, in theory.

I also think that if he sees the progress you've made, and you TOM is improving, he'll be willing to work with you and wait and see for a few more months.

Finally, I agree with upping the UD cals. If I drop below 1500, I gain. Upper 1600-1700, I maintain (which is my goal). If I wanted to lose, I'd drop my DD's back to 500 (right now 700ish). But without those UD cals, even with 500 cal DD's, I gain.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2012, 07:36 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
ok I got in 1750 calories today............It was a huge struggle but I did it!! I also didnt get a chance to run though. Son's band concert!

I sadly wouldnt of done it if I wouldnt of stopped and grabbed a cinnamin roll after the concert. Promised the kids we would stop for a snack!

catus- the clothes I have out grown are my summer clothes from last year. They are junior size 19's and 17's. I can actually get into a junior 13 at the moment!

Myteacher- Yes that is the same author, and no I dont use the cream. It has a stroke/blood clot side affect and I refuse to use it....thats why I refuse the pill also!! You are very right about the stored estrogen in our fats. Thats why he wanted the weightloss!!! That is also why I had to cut out animal fats, the hormones they use to make animals grow faster so they can hit grocery stores faster are stored in there fats too!! Then we eat those fats, which adds to our own fats and hormone stores..........its a huge circle I never realized until I read that book!!!! However, I love red meats and I can not nor will not give them up completely!!!! Cutting back hasnt been so bad. Instead of steaks once a week/2x a week, I have one once a month and it tastes better because I eat it slow and enjoy it much more!! I agree, I think he will see my progress and we can keep working on no hyster!! I have just been totally stressed out, and this whole freak out was prob nothing and I am sure he wont say "oh only 14 pounds........you dont listen to me"

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:30 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusrose63
Stats: 156/156/130 - 5'4", Age: 53
WOE: JUDDD 1900/800 or less if I can!
Start Date: JUDDD restart June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebubb View Post
ok I got in 1750 calories today............It was a huge struggle but I did it!! I also didnt get a chance to run though. Son's band concert!

I sadly wouldnt of done it if I wouldnt of stopped and grabbed a cinnamin roll after the concert. Promised the kids we would stop for a snack!

catus- the clothes I have out grown are my summer clothes from last year. They are junior size 19's and 17's. I can actually get into a junior 13 at the moment!
Woo hoo on size 13's, don't you think?? That is FANTASTIC I think, how far you have come!

On the up side about the cinnamon roll, do you remember how terribly guilty you would have felt in the past???? Freedom, sweet freedom!!

Looking forward to hearing more of you progress!
cactusrose63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:59 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinjob
Stats: 157/156/130
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: November 7, 2011 (Did Atkins first in 2001)
Tanya, I'm exactly where you are at, only FIVE MONTHS LATER. I haven't lost a single pound in five months. And I've tried everything. Just offering a hug because it's really depressing and totally sucks.
Skinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:02 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Tanya, lunaloca is correct your doctor works for you. He needs to meet your needs and standards, not the other way around. If not he can be fired and replaced just like any other employee. It breaks my heart to read that you feel your family is embarrassed by your weight. I'm sure that's not the case. To your kids your just mommy and you get up early to put the sun in the sky before they wake. And if you DH is anything like mine he thinks there's just more of you to enjoy. I would also get a second opinion. You just never know about even your own doctor. I went to the same gyn for 16 years and loved him. He retired. I later found out from someone I knew from the medical board of Oregon that he was given the choice to " retire" or have his license taken away. He had been molesting patients for years and finally been turned in by several patients. I couldn't believe it and felt blessed to have not been one of his victims. We must be our own advocates with our doctors and look out for our own best interests. Two of my other doctors had their liscences removed by the state and I testified against one of them for what he did to me. He was very abusive emotionally and he was a therapist. It took me months to recover. I hope things get easier for you soon . Sending you
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:41 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

I beleive the crying out pour was due to something in my personal life. Well work related. I got that out of my system and upped my calories and I actually dropped to 168!

I know my Doc works for me. I know everything he said. Like I said, I was having an issue and it poured into all aspects of my life. I figured out how to deal with it, and things just seemed to have lightened a bit on my shoulders!

I do thank everyone for the kind words and love!! It meant alot to me! It really did!!!!! My JUDDD BUDDD's love when it was most needed in my life!!
Old 05-27-2012, 05:40 AM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
TOTAL Congratulations on breaking 169, figuring out and dealing with the cause of your stress, and eating enough calories!!!! Welcome back to the happy path!!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:12 AM   #38
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I'm just getting caught up here, and was so happy to read that at long last your holding pattern broke and you weighed in at 168 pounds! Yay! Congrats!

I wish we truly knew more about WHY we can be physically shrinking and not seeing the loss reflected on the scale. I believe much of it has to do with the emptying fat cells being filled with water to serve as a place holder in case they are needed to store fat again, rather than simply being emptied out immediately and then flattened like an old envelope. So we can have lost fat but it's been replaced with water... and we weigh the same. Rats!
And then we get a little whoosh and *There it is!* Our true weight loss shows up on the scale at last.

Guess this just goes to show us how very little we can trust the scale on any given day. Its value is a lot more reliable over a period of time.. like weeks and months.

It looks like you're on your way again.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:32 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
Trying to catch up here too. Tanya, I am so happy things have gotten better for you. You are such a sweetie heart. I just "feel" that, and you deserve all success and happiness. Period.

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:48 AM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Me too! Katie, I admire your steadfast resolve with JUDDD! I know the frustration you speak of and I see you standing strong against the adversity! Congrats on the breakthrough!!!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:13 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
happy for you!
Jbinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:48 AM   #42
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I have only just seen this thread too Tanya, I am so sorry you had such a bad few days and that I wasn't around to help. You are always s kind and helpful to others.

Seems that you have things pretty much sorted and I am so thrill that you are down to 168.

That Gynie sound a little heavy handed to me. Just saying!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:44 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

You know I hit the first travel softball tournament of the season and something I wasnt looking forward to because I knew it would happen.........happened!

My whole weekend on JUDDD was so messed up. I have such trouble eating when its extremely hot. Sat and sun was in the 90's, high humidity, and no shade what so ever!!!

I got so sunburnt even with sunscreen. Like little blisters, sunburnt! I drank and drank and drank water..........but couldnt stomache food....Then monday which was a DD came, it was a little breezy and nicer and I ate like I hadnt ate in a week!!! Along with that and TOM, I am back at 171 again today!!!

I have to figure out how to work this. We have 6 more tourneys to go this summer!!! I am not a eat in the morning kinda gal, but I think I may have to force myself to eat then before it gets hot. Then force myself to eat when the sun goes down. <---this is not just for tourneys....this is summer in general!!!

I do love JUDDD though, so I will stick with it!!! I know I will find a pattern to work with for the summer!!!
Old 05-30-2012, 03:29 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tiva
Stats: 5"6", 157/136/135, 53 yo
WOE: Paleo/Whole30
Start Date: 12/02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebubb View Post
I got so sunburnt even with sunscreen. Like little blisters, sunburnt! I drank and drank and drank water..........but couldnt stomache food......

I have to figure out how to work this. We have 6 more tourneys to go this summer!!!
Umbrellas are part of the answer! I just got back from a sweltering week in Beijing, where all the women carry around umbrellas for the sun. I got one too, and what a huge difference they make. Try to find one with UV protection (google sun protection umbrella).

It's getting a lot easier to find meats and dairy that are raised without added hormones. Grass-fed meat, for example, sold at Trader Joe's, works well. Pastured butter and cheese are also free of added hormones (Kerrygold is an easy to find brand that does not allow any supplemental hormones).

Good luck! I waited on my hysterectomy until my fibroids had made my uterus the size of a 7 month pregnancy (but they weren't causing bleeding issues, so my doctors were happy to do watchful waiting, until they started causing hernias. Like lots of other women have said, getting rid of the uterus was fine.

I would ABSOLUTELY get a second opinion, if I were you, about the ovarian cancer issue. Even with a strong family history of ovarian cancer, some recent peer-reviewed research shows that women live LONGER if they keep their ovaries. There's a good discussion of this research in the New York Times (search for "women who keep ovaries live longer"). The research article itself is

Obstetrics & Gynecology:
May 2009 - Volume 113 - Issue 5 - pp 1027-1037
doi: 10.1097/AOG.0b013e3181a11c64

Ovarian Conservation at the Time of Hysterectomy and Long-Term Health Outcomes in the Nurses' Health Study

Ovarian Conservation at the Time of Hysterectomy and Long-Te... : Obstetrics & Gynecology

Here's a good review article discussing the issue: Should the ovaries be removed or retained at the time of hysterectomy for benign disease?

And here's a key detail from another research study:
"In healthy women with a family history of ovarian cancer, high risk for ovarian cancer was restricted to BRCA1/2 mutation carriers. A woman at risk for ovarian cancer according to her family history should have access to full BRCA1/2 mutation testing before deciding on prophylactic bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy." High Risk for Ovarian Cancer in a Prospective Series Is Restricted to BRCA1/2 Mutation Carriers

Last edited by tiva; 05-30-2012 at 03:47 AM..
tiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:26 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
I am so glad that i for one insisted that my OB do every thing she could to save mine.. So i only lost my uterus,tubes, and cervix..
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote