Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2012, 10:46 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
Surgery (hyster) & JUDDD

I'm slated to have one soon. I've been reading up on all I can about this procedure (both pre-op and post-op), so I'm actually looking for more input with regards how to JUDDD once I come outa the fog.

I should be in the hospital just for overnight. My UD will be the day before, which I think will be a good thing! Once home, how should I eat? Maybe lower the UD cals/up the DD cals a bit for a few days? I know the first few days might be skewed because of the surgery, anesthesia, etc. and I'm typically slow to come out of that stuff. Maybe just listen to my body and eat when needed?

Thoughts appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2012, 11:06 AM   #2
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
I'm slated to have one soon. I've been reading up on all I can about this procedure (both pre-op and post-op), so I'm actually looking for more input with regards how to JUDDD once I come outa the fog.

I should be in the hospital just for overnight. My UD will be the day before, which I think will be a good thing! Once home, how should I eat? Maybe lower the UD cals/up the DD cals a bit for a few days? I know the first few days might be skewed because of the surgery, anesthesia, etc. and I'm typically slow to come out of that stuff. Maybe just listen to my body and eat when needed?

Thoughts appreciated!
Eat to heal!! Don't worry about JUDDD right now, it will be there when you feel better!!

And there is a great site called Hystersisters! It was my lifesaver before, during and after surgery!!

Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
I can't give you advice, but I can say, thinking of you during your surgery and for your recovery!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:28 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Eat to heal!! Don't worry about JUDDD right now, it will be there when you feel better!!

And there is a great site called Hystersisters! It was my lifesaver before, during and after surgery!!

KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:23 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Yes you need to heal first.. i found that when i had mine last aug 2011 i was inclined to eating the soft stuff, to make sure there was not a whole lot of bulk inside.. popsickles.. broth.. pudding.. well you get the picture.. Best thing you can do for yourself is to make sure as soon as you can.. get up and walk! Walk and keep moving,, mine was the "devinci method" Lapriscopic four lil incisions and wow was i bloated.. FUll of air.. But keep walking.. Diet later.. or JUDDD later.. Best of luck sweetheart..
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:16 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Absolutely, you should eat for healing first and foremost. That should be your priority. Let us know the date so we can send prayers.
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:26 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks so much, ladies! I've thought along those lines, too, which is basically eat to heal, with lots of fiber included . I joined the HS site when I scheduled the surgery - lots of great info over there! When I heard about the DaVinci type, I had to giggle - all my SF syrups, you know. She said mine would be done through the "v", no mention of the DaVinci. I had an ectopic pregnancy several years ago and have those teeny scars from the emergency surgery.

Anyway, thanks for the info and will let y'all know when the date gets closer - I welcome the prayers!!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:36 AM   #8

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Quote:
Thanks so much, ladies! I've thought along those lines, too, which is basically eat to heal, with lots of fiber included . I joined the HS site when I scheduled the surgery - lots of great info over there! When I heard about the DaVinci type, I had to giggle - all my SF syrups, you know. She said mine would be done through the "v", no mention of the DaVinci. I had an ectopic pregnancy several years ago and have those teeny scars from the emergency surgery.

Anyway, thanks for the info and will let y'all know when the date gets closer - I welcome the prayers!!
That's how mine was done. Three (or maybe four, I can't remember) tiny incisions.

Recovery is important and for me it took every bit of the six weeks to feel back to the way I did before even with the little tiny incisions. I was TIRED!!!! But it has made a huge difference in my quality of life. Hoping yours does the same.

I definitely recommend the hyster sisters site, lots and lots of good information and support there.

Let us know how we can support you through this.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:44 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

I got lucky with the Davinci my self, no pain.. and back to work in 7 days,, That was the part that appealed to me the most.. no more long recovery time. Plus it done on out patient basis.. in at noon homeby 6pm.. and there is 45 mintues of drive time in there Hope that is how yours goes hun
Old 05-22-2012, 10:48 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Started Judd on 3.26.12
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Heal first, diet later - as all the other ladies have said! Good luck!
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:48 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
I got lucky with the Davinci my self, no pain.. and back to work in 7 days,, That was the part that appealed to me the most.. no more long recovery time. Plus it done on out patient basis.. in at noon homeby 6pm.. and there is 45 mintues of drive time in there Hope that is how yours goes hun
Wow, seven days? When I had mine done, even the DaVinci girls were spending more time than that recovering. Do you have a really sedentary job?
Old 05-22-2012, 10:52 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
Wow, seven days? When I had mine done, even the DaVinci girls were spending more time than that recovering. Do you have a really sedentary job?
I do have a Sedentary job how ever.. The next day after surgery i was up cooking and cleaning the house for the masses who came to see me thinking i would require help lol.. I never had to take a single pain pill either.. I was soo blessed.. They claim that due to i have an extreemly high pain tolerance that was the reason i bounced back so fast.. I was oo happy to have it done.:
Old 05-22-2012, 11:00 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

I forgot - throw all the positives y'all can about this thing. Some of those post-op (aka love life) stories are a bit scary over on the HS site. I've talked to a couple of people IRL that said they noticed no difference.

I have a very sedentary job (hence me being on here during the day!), but she said no work for 2 weeks. Luckily, my kids are grown, so it's only me and DH so I can be a lazy butt!
Old 05-22-2012, 11:33 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Stats: 227/175/? 5'8"
Start Date: started JUDDD 3/22/2012
Quote:
I forgot - throw all the positives y'all can about this thing. Some of those post-op (aka love life) stories are a bit scary over on the HS site. I've talked to a couple of people IRL that said they noticed no difference.

I have a very sedentary job (hence me being on here during the day!), but she said no work for 2 weeks. Luckily, my kids are grown, so it's only me and DH so I can be a lazy butt!
I had mine done almost 20 years ago and it was the old abdominal incision kind. It took me longer to recover because I developed a nasty post op infection at the incision site, but after that was treated I felt great. My daughter (34) had the DaVinci done earlier this year and she was doing very well inside of a week.

There is no question that having the surgery improved the quality of my life by orders of magnitude, including my love life. Kept both ovaries because I was 38 and went through menopause about 6 years ago. I consider having the surgery and JUDDD the 2 best things I've done for myself, health-wise.
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:10 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Sheridan, love hearing the positives! I sometimes feel like I'm rushing into this because I have no problems - no pain, no bleeding, nada. But, this has been a few years in coming due to the bladder insisting on falling out of position, so it's gotta be done as that is getting annoying.

I've read where other women didn't realize how bad they felt until they had it done even with no other obvious problems. Now, if it'll clear up some other body aches and pains, I'll be a surprised happy camper!!

Thanks for the input!
Old 05-23-2012, 12:23 PM   #16

I'm also very happy about my decision to have the surgery. Kept my ovaries, as women in my family go through menopause very late (like 60 ). So I still have hormonal stuff going on, but without the monthly TOM. I don't miss him.

I didn't have a super-pressing issue, mine was a diagnosis that gave me a slightly increased chance of uterine (or cervical, can't remember) cancer. And since I was way done using my uterus, I opted to have it out rather than the schedule of biopsies that were the alternative.

Easy surgery, easy recovery, no problems or complications whatsoever. Love life is great. I was having a week-long period every three weeks, so this is a vaaaaast improvement.

One of the best decisions I ever made.

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:56 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Luna. I'm post-menopausal, but before that set it, I would have marathon TOM's lasting a couple of weeks. I'm hoping and anticipating my ovaries will stay put and I'm used to having those lovely mini tropical vacations (hot flashes) and see where those continue. The cervix will go buh-bye because of familial issues.

Thanks for the input, glad to hear another positive story!
Old 05-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tiva
Stats: 5"6", 157/134/135, 52 yo
WOE: LCHF Primal
Start Date: 12/02
Good luck! My hysterectomy 6 years ago went fine, and I recovered quickly.

But I wish I had known to have my husband stay over with me in the hospital. That first night, I really wanted someone there to run interference with the nurses, who weren't helpful at all. The hospital food was absolutely wretched and inedible, so it also would have been great to have him there to get me some decent food.
tiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:55 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Tiva, glad to hear about the successful surgery, but sorry about the hospital stay! I just had a family member stay in the hospital where I'll be and the staff was very friendly and helpful, thank goodness!!
Old 05-24-2012, 09:04 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiva View Post
Good luck! My hysterectomy 6 years ago went fine, and I recovered quickly.

But I wish I had known to have my husband stay over with me in the hospital. That first night, I really wanted someone there to run interference with the nurses, who weren't helpful at all. The hospital food was absolutely wretched and inedible, so it also would have been great to have him there to get me some decent food.
Oohh, good point! Mine was technically done outpatient, they kept me 23 hours and sent me home, but that one night having DH there was so helpful. Because I was in a room with one other woman, she had to okay it but she was fine with him being there. And he was a big comfort.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:12 PM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/114.8/128 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD - 1/1/12 + intermittent LCHF
Hey ladies! After being away for almost two weeks, I am wandering through old posts. Just thought I'd toss in, like Sheridan, I had my hysterectomy 20 years ago. The surgery went perfectly, I felt SOOOO much better after a brief & non-painful recovery, and my love-life - which was most excellent before - remained DH & my favorite happiness hobby.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:50 PM   #22

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Just finished reading here and want to add my wishes for an easy procedure and recovery and then you feeling even better than you dreamed! Let us know when you're going in. We'll all be sending positive thoughts and prayers.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:50 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Started Judd on 3.26.12
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Do you have a date? Best of luck!
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:27 PM   #24

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Holding you in my thoughts this week.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:35 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you all so much!! Love all of you chiming in with good things to report.

I do have a date on the books, but haven't heard from anyone yet (all those health history questions and such) as of yet and probably won't until about a week before surgery. It's scheduled towards the end of June. I will most certainly let you know as I welcome the thoughts and prayers!
Old 05-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #26

Well, you've got them.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:08 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!