Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Terilynn inspired question...what days do you love as... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/772230-terilynn-inspired-question-what-days-do-you-love.html)

Becky 05-21-2012 08:11 AM

Terilynn inspired question...what days do you love as...

UDs and which days do you love as DDs?

She posted that she loves UD on Mondays and it got me thinking about which days I love as UD (T,W,TH,S and Sun), I like DD on Mondays and Fridays as they are my busiest days of the week and I don't think about food when I'm busy.

How about you? :)

KeirasMom 05-21-2012 08:21 AM

I'm probably going to be the weird one here. I have absolutely no preference. When I first started JUDDD, I was sure I would hate DDs on the weekends, and I was absolutely positive I would get through induction and then do a set schedule instead of a straight rotation. After a few cycles, I realized it makes no difference to me. :dunno:

practicemakeperfct 05-21-2012 08:27 AM

The only one I can say for sure is a UD on SUnday and DD on Monday. My Sundays are all about family and food, so Monday I am motivated! The rest I am pretty unconcerned.

Becky 05-21-2012 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 15669830)
I'm probably going to be the weird one here. I have absolutely no preference. When I first started JUDDD, I was sure I would hate DDs on the weekends, and I was absolutely positive I would get through induction and then do a set schedule instead of a straight rotation. After a few cycles, I realized it makes no difference to me. :dunno:

Not wierd, just lucky! :up: I wish it didn't affect me, but it seems to.

Terilynn 05-21-2012 08:34 AM

I like having UD's at work.... which is STUPID! I need to rethink and retrain my brain.
Currently like Mon/Wed/Fri UP
Week-ends.... I prefer Sunday to be my UP (as someone else stated... all about family)

adillenal 05-21-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 15669830)

Ditto. Makes no difference to me. I just follow the pattern.

vanilla_latte 05-21-2012 08:41 AM

My absolute favorite UD is Saturday because that's when we usually have breakfast or dinner out, cookouts, family get-togethers, etc.

I did the rotation as written for about the first 6 weeks, with the exception of a couple of off days. Now I'm doing it like I did when I did JUDDD a few years ago:

M/W/F - Down Days
T/T/S - Up Days because these are my favorite!! :up:
Sunday - Medium Day

Sonica 05-21-2012 08:49 AM

It doesn't matter to me either - but I will say I'm happy that this thursday is an UD since I"m going to Happy Hour with a friend :)

Sheridan 05-21-2012 09:23 AM

Makes no difference to me!

TryingJudd 05-21-2012 09:46 AM

I like UD Saturdays as that is usually dinner out. If I can start (and keep) losing I would ideally, eventually like to do the same rotation as Vanilla outlined.

b_lou_who 05-21-2012 09:47 AM

MWF down
T TH S up
Sun variable

Alcestis 05-21-2012 09:56 AM

I have varying weeks re: work, social schedule etc, so I prefer the usual rotation. If I'm having a tough DD on a Saturday, I like being able to think, "Next Saturday will be an UD!"

Luna Loca 05-21-2012 09:58 AM

I do like having Saturday be an up day, as DH and I usually do stuff together and on an up day that can include food. But if Saturday is a down day, it's no biggie, we just do other stuff.

I like to just do the rotations as written and not mess with the schedule.

zipp2play 05-21-2012 11:16 AM

I prefer MWF up days, then I only have 2 DD's at work. If I get too hungry at work I can't concentrate and that is NOT GOOD! That has already gotten easier (about 5 weeks on JUDDD) and I am hopefully it will continue to get easier.

Spank'd 05-21-2012 12:47 PM

It moves around. :) If it's a Saturday that's down, then I have Friday and Sunday as up days.

If it's not, then I have Saturday night to whoop it up!

Win/win!

Muffabuff 05-21-2012 05:11 PM

Usually one UD falls on a weekend so other than that I don't really care.

Maerow 05-21-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanilla_latte (Post 15669898)
My absolute favorite UD is Saturday because that's when we usually have breakfast or dinner out, cookouts, family get-togethers, etc.

I did the rotation as written for about the first 6 weeks, with the exception of a couple of off days. Now I'm doing it like I did when I did JUDDD a few years ago:

M/W/F - Down Days
T/T/S - Up Days because these are my favorite!! :up:
Sunday - Medium Day

This is my exact same rotation as well. Saturdays me and the hubby go grocery shopping and out to lunch together. I am struggling on the Sundays though, they tend to go from medium to up very easy.

sherrymyra 05-21-2012 07:33 PM

I don't care either way. It changes every week and I'm good with that.

kimberino 05-21-2012 08:05 PM

I keep my rotations, but I love DD on a Sunday. Busy day with church and then a looooong afternoon nap. Don't even think about food and don't have the time or inclination to fix anything if I did think about it.

laceylady 05-22-2012 06:57 AM

I don't really have a preference but Monday UDs are pretty detrimental to my WOE -- we went to a local restaurant known for their world famous margaritas(!), and Monday they have $3.50 margaritas and all you can eat tacos for about $3.50... oh, that was wonderful and I went WAY over my 1800!! SO, that being said, I LOVE Monday UDs but only because of the tacos and margaritas!! Saturday UDs are great, but most of the time it just doesn't matter. Today's a DD, and they're having birthday cake at work!!! I'll try to get a piece to save for tomorrow... we'll see how that goes!!

Scotty 05-22-2012 07:12 AM

Whilst I continue working, I like MWF UDs best, since, like Monica, my mind doesn't work as well on DDs.

What I'd really like is to have F, S, and S to be UDs, but I guess that can't be...

Luvmydoggies 05-24-2012 10:30 AM

Confused...

Hello everyone,

I am new to JUDDD and new to posting on forums of any kind...I do alot of lurking though :) I have been doing much reading on LCF and have just within the last few days become aware of JUDDD. I have done LC off and on for several years and lost some weight and have been able to keep most off. I have been reading here about which UD's or DD's most of you prefer and I am a bit confused....it sounds like some of you are having UD's in a row and not alternating every other day. Did I misunderstand something? How does it work best? I just started TODAY and am trying to decide which days are best for me too. Can anyone please clear up my confusion? :dunno:

KeirasMom 05-24-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luvmydoggies (Post 15677934)
Hello everyone,

I am new to JUDDD and new to posting on forums of any kind...I do alot of lurking though :) I have been doing much reading on LCF and have just within the last few days become aware of JUDDD. I have done LC off and on for several years and lost some weight and have been able to keep most off. I have been reading here about which UD's or DD's most of you prefer and I am a bit confused....it sounds like some of you are having UD's in a row and not alternating every other day. Did I misunderstand something? How does it work best? I just started TODAY and am trying to decide which days are best for me too. Can anyone please clear up my confusion? :dunno:

It's best to do every other day, at least for the first month. This thread is more about which days people LIKE their UDs to be on, not really them keeping them on those days, if you know what I mean. Some people do a set schedule, but it's not recommended until you've done straight rotations for long enough to build up the SIRT1 enzymes and really rock the plan.

:welcome:

Luvmydoggies 05-24-2012 11:28 AM

Thanks for the info!