Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Started again today - No more husband peer pressure! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/772196-started-again-today-no-more-husband-peer-pressure.html)

SummerAnne 05-20-2012 10:13 PM

Started again today - No more husband peer pressure!
 
My first attempt at JUDDD was destroyed by my husband being excited that I'm not carb restricting anymore, and pressuring me to eat out or over-drink BOTH his days off. As a result, I'm up 10 lbs. I've informed him he's welcome to wait a day until I can eat, or go without me, but this gain is unacceptable! I start my Wellness class June 26, I want to be thoroughly into the eating routine by then since one week I'll be expect to exercise on UD, the following on DD.

I hope I"m truly annoyed enough to stand up for myself this time around!

JanetTN 05-21-2012 04:53 AM

Before long your hubby will be asking if it is an UD or a DD. Good luck and don't give in to husband pressure. It gets easier as you go along to resist.

SummerAnne 05-21-2012 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanetTN (Post 15669297)
Before long your hubby will be asking if it is an UD or a DD. Good luck and don't give in to husband pressure. It gets easier as you go along to resist.

I'm going to write them on his calendar, since he says he can never remember what kind of day it is for me (um, whatever it was yesterday, it's the opposite today! :confused:)

This will also help me spot potential landmines of forgotten events and plan accordingly.

JanetTN 05-21-2012 05:37 AM

I think you will love this WOE (not sure how long you did it last time) and seeing that you live in FL, the DD shivers will be most pleasant on those hot, humid summer days. I'm hoping we will get to come down your way this summer.

SummerAnne 05-21-2012 05:43 AM

I did well for about 3 weeks before DH started messing me up (right when the appetite suppressant kicked in too, grrr!) and tried to stick with it for about another month before I just said screw it. Now my jeans are tight, and he's seeing the error of his ways. Funny how they have to 'see' the side effects sometimes to get it!

piratejenny 05-21-2012 07:09 AM

Boy, I would love to be able to point at my behind and yell at someone, "See what you did to me?!! SEE?!!!!"
:hyst:

KeirasMom 05-21-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piratejenny (Post 15669590)
Boy, I would love to be able to point at my behind and yell at someone, "See what you did to me?!! SEE?!!!!"
:hyst:

I gained most of my weight with my daughter. Believe me when I say, DH has heard the exact quote above on more than one occasion!

Becky 05-21-2012 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SummerAnne (Post 15669339)
I'm going to write them on his calendar, since he says he can never remember what kind of day it is for me (um, whatever it was yesterday, it's the opposite today! :confused:)

This will also help me spot potential landmines of forgotten events and plan accordingly.

Yes!! That is what I do with a big Purple magic marker! My kids don't have to ask me if it's an UD or DD now they see it on the calender. :up:

Husbands are a PITA (butt) sometimes arn't they...:laugh:

adillenal 05-21-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 15669759)
I gained most of my weight with my daughter. Believe me when I say, DH has heard the exact quote above on more than one occasion!

Ditto again but that was 22 years ago so I really have no one I can blame but myself at this stage of the game. I DID lose almost all of the baby fat about 10 years ago and let it slowly creep back up over the years. I keep a picture of me on the frig before DS was born so I can point out to him what I USED to look ike before his arrival.:p

vanilla_latte 05-21-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanetTN (Post 15669297)
Before long your hubby will be asking if it is an UD or a DD. Good luck and don't give in to husband pressure. It gets easier as you go along to resist.

:goodpost:

My husband always asks what day it is before we do anything. Except for Saturdays, because that is my "eat anything not nailed down" day. :hyst:

Sheridan 05-21-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SummerAnne (Post 15669079)
My first attempt at JUDDD was destroyed by my husband being excited that I'm not carb restricting anymore, and pressuring me to eat out or over-drink BOTH his days off. As a result, I'm up 10 lbs. I've informed him he's welcome to wait a day until I can eat, or go without me, but this gain is unacceptable! I start my Wellness class June 26, I want to be thoroughly into the eating routine by then since one week I'll be expect to exercise on UD, the following on DD.

I hope I"m truly annoyed enough to stand up for myself this time around!

GOOD for you. :welcome: back!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SummerAnne (Post 15669339)
I'm going to write them on his calendar, since he says he can never remember what kind of day it is for me (um, whatever it was yesterday, it's the opposite today! :confused:)

This will also help me spot potential landmines of forgotten events and plan accordingly.

Great plan! :up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SummerAnne (Post 15669406)
I did well for about 3 weeks before DH started messing me up (right when the appetite suppressant kicked in too, grrr!) and tried to stick with it for about another month before I just said screw it. Now my jeans are tight, and he's seeing the error of his ways. Funny how they have to 'see' the side effects sometimes to get it!

Oh yes.

Do this for YOU. He can learn to adapt. :)

All my best for your success!

b_lou_who 05-21-2012 09:20 AM

my hubby does it with me and is so agreeable about the whole rotation. besides, he loves that he is down three and a half belt notches in just a few months :) hope your hubby will be supportive and encouraging for you!

adillenal 05-21-2012 09:37 AM

As long as there is food available, DH does not question me. He is losing weight by simply reducing portion sizes.
We rarely go out to eat. I personally do not like to. Weird I know. My life does not revolve around food and I have plenty of other things I would rather do.
BUT he is supportive and compliments me on my new smaller self. He buys me GooGooClusters when he picks up feed at TSC but asks me if I can have it before giving it to me. If it is a DD it goes in the freezer for an UD. Love a helpful hubby.

b_lou_who 05-21-2012 10:07 AM

^^^^
I don't really care for eating out either. Partly control over what is in my food and the preparation, partly that I usually get sick from eating out (my own ongoing health issues), and generally because the fam all say my food is better :) We have adapted our lifestyle to what we prefer: picnicking, potluck, camping, and eating in.

Supportive people really make a difference. Once again, so grateful for the support in my life including this board. Stay happy people!

leonak 05-21-2012 05:30 PM

I have been on JUDD since the first of the year and this is the first WOE that DH is now getting use to!!! :hyst:

Many times this year he has said "is this the day you cannot eat" and for him to know I can eat but not alot is a biggie:jumpjoy:

I have heard that all men are alike as they are all related:dunno:

Enjoy JUDD and your dh will see the results!:heart::high5::heart:

Muffabuff 05-21-2012 05:49 PM

Gee I bet your DH would get with the program really fast if you said something like " gee Im really not in the mood for (fill in the blank) when I feel fat! :rofl:Maybe he needs some incentive to be supportive of your new woe.:hyst: I bet you'll be surprised!

shirlc 05-22-2012 01:38 PM

I don't like to eat out either...seems crazy, I know.

My DH is supportive because I am 10 lbs. lighter than I used to be. Most people don't even notice that I've lost weight...or at least don't mention it. My sis, asked me, though...said it looked like I'd lost about 10 lbs...right on the money! :jumpjoy:

monica1210 05-22-2012 01:54 PM

Welcome back! You will quickly get back into the swing of things. I move stuff around all the time to accommodate my UD and DD. In fact, we celebrated Mother's Day on Saturday. :)

He will get the hang of it and as long as you stay strong and resolute, he won't nag or coerce you to eat on your DDs.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:22 AM.