Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2012, 07:53 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stargazer
Stats: 190/166/147 5' 10"
WOE: Juddd/ Dukan
Start Date: March 2012
The Perfect Health Diet

In a tangential journey from the Wheat Belly book I came across this book and the diet sounds wonderful. I'm going to try eating this way instead of total low carb for the next month and see how it goes.

I love JUDDD and will always cycle my up days and down days but I've been eating a lot of carbs and sugar just because you can. I need a healthy guideline for up days in particular. This phd woe includes IF with coconut oil and is medium to low carb but not no carb. It cuts out wheat and beans and fructose and vegetable oil. These, they say, are too toxic. You can eat starchy veg and white rice, including the rice noodles. It's a pretty technical read but it seems based on proper science and does not puff any particular gimmick.

The instruction to get 60-70% of calories from healthy fats (butter, coconut oil, olive oil and fat from meat) takes some getting used to but sounds very yummy.

There is a good web site.

Perfect Health Diet - A diet for healing chronic disease, restoring youthful vitality, and achieving long life

I think they are planning a recipe book soon but really it's the way great granny used to cook minus the wheat so any proper cuisine will yield loads of recipes for meat/fat/starchy carb combos. Perfect fast food would be sushi.

Anyone else read this book?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2012, 08:02 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
You get to follow any diet you want to while doing JUDDD, or no plan at all. Your choice.

If you have been doing *free choice* and not making the wisest decisions about your diet, perhaps you will be happier for sure on a plan, and if this food plan is one you will enjoy, I say go for it.

JUDDD is not about the diet plan you follow, or the food choices of that diet plan, or any other... it's just about how you cycle the calories in the foods allowed you on your plan, if at all.

Good luck and let us know how you're doing. And post your foods for your days so we all get to see what foods you are eating. That's a part of the fun!
Old 05-20-2012, 08:56 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stargazer
Stats: 190/166/147 5' 10"
WOE: Juddd/ Dukan
Start Date: March 2012
Will do Pat.

It's going to be a learning curve to get the right proportions of fat to carb and protein. Lots of hard sums to start with.

DDs will be easy as coffee and the oil is what a lot of us do anyway.
stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote