Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2012, 08:40 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: 196/?(not looking for a while)/150
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Newbie here -how should I handle this?

Hi Everyone! I just joined the boards but I've been a lurker for weeks. I feel like I know you all already!

I gave a little bit of my frustrated back story on the intro thread (its not terribly interesting - the same old story of not losing any more). I've just started JUDDD and saw the first downward movement in WEEKS of one little pound but being a painfully slow loser, that pound is a lot to me. Since I started allowing carbs/sugar again, I saw the expected bounce up on the scale. SOOO frustrating but it is what it is.

Here is the dilemma: I have friends in town this weekend - my foodie and wino friends (I say this with much love and anticipation!) and I lost a day somewhere and didn't balance the UD/DD soon enough. They will be here tomorrow and today is UD. Here is what I am thinking and I am hoping for some advice... I had a great DD yesterday (although woke up at 2 am with grumbly belly and couldn't go back to sleep until I had a nut bar) and thought I could do UD until about 6 pm tonight then switch to MUDDD for the week... the reason for this is not only my visiting friends but I also have an interview later in the week I need to travel for (which includes meals with interviewers). If I am figuring this out correctly, that would allow me to balance dinner with friends, lunches with interviewers and back to "normal" when this busy week is over. Unfortunately just doing a regular rotation can't work with the schedule - I would have to really mess it up with UD/UD/DD/DD/UD/UD etc... and I just don't see that being successful.

So I'm wondering: am I derailing myself already? Am I correct with the "magic" being in the 24-36 hour DD? so is it the DD time I should most concern myself with? I've been SOOO frustrated with this weight and my goals that I really do not want to derail myself, even for this week. Especially since my chances for exercise are also reduced with traveling,etc.
Help? Advice? Thoughts? Comments? Recipes ?
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2012, 09:05 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
the same old story of not losing
I've just started JUDDD

Here is the dilemma…

I had a great DD yesterday…until I had a nut bar

…thought I could do UD until about 6 pm tonight

…Unfortunately…I would mess it up with UD/UD/DD/DD/UD/UD etc... and

…I just don't see that being successful.

Thoughts?
It seems you have answered your own questions.

The only thing now is do you WANT to?
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:11 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!

It's not recommended to do to DDs in a row, so I wouldn't advocate the UD/UD/DD/DD thing. I think where JUDDD's concerned, you are too new to be tweaking so very much. I would probably suggest just being mindful of what and how you're eating this week, then come back to JUDDD when you're able to give it a full 2 weeks to a month to do "as written" so you'll have the best chance of success.

This plan really does work, very nearly without exception, but only if you follow it carefully. Best of luck, and enjoy those foodie friends!

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:16 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Switching to MUDDD could be a good way to 'keep mindful' of what you eat. If YOUR foodie/wine friends are like MINE , being with them counts as a very special occasion. Worse case, do watch what you eat, have a great time, and get back on the serious rotation as quickly as you can!

Welcome and knock their socks off during the interviews!!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:16 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
Dawn put is so much better than I. When you are ready, this will work. Get through your events, enjoy your friends and do well on those interviews.
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:27 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

I am ready to do this but I wasn't expecting the interview to be scheduled this week (Thanks Nancy for your words of encouragement! They made me smile!!). I think I could have handled my friends visit with a little effort but both in one week just throws off the rotation.

I like thinking of it as MUDDD being helpful to be mindful of eating and is great advice!! I'll also try to get in as much exercise as I can manage. Walking in heels counts as exercise right?
Old 05-19-2012, 10:22 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Walking in heels counts as torture.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:30 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mainemom
Stats: 147/129/115 5' 1"
WOE: LC; Intermittent Fasting; Wheat Free
Start Date: January 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Walking in heels counts as torture.
Agreed! HATE heels!
mainemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:18 PM   #9
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Love heels, but yes, both torture and exercise, lol.

Whatever you decide to do it will be fine. Concentrate on the interview, (Bon Chance!) and on eating mindfully.

You have already learned how little you can eat and feel okay. So which ever route you choose try not to 'pig out'.

And if you do, JUDDD will be here waiting for you the minute you are ready. And it will work!

Ps, love your avatar.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:03 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
A little tough love here so please take it as such. Life goes on around us every day and every week. There is always some reason not to stick to our rotations and always a way to justify it to ourselves. You have to either make a commitment to this woe or not. I'm not saying that there aren't valid reasons for breaking the rotation but the key word here is valid. Why can't you go out to eat with you foodie friends on your down day and order steamed fish and a steamed veggie, eat a third of it and take the rest home in a doggie bag? The real point of the meal is not the food but to enjoy the company of your friends.
Yesterday was my DH birthday. I baked him a cake and watched him eat it all night long. It was a DD for me.It wasn't my birthday, I didn't eat any of the cake. And yes it was a bit more difficult of a DD for me, but so what. I was rewarded with a 3 1/2 lb loss this week, putting me one pound under my first goal weight. That was much more rewarding and longer lasting than any piece of cake. You can order the same kind of meal at your job interviews. Once you start letting the " life happens" thing be a valid reason to break your rotations you can end up off this woe more than on it. Because life is always happening. Like I said, of course there are real valid reasons for putting aside the rotations, but some are more valid than others. Especially during the first few weeks of this woe. I say this from the And only after weeks of reading many posts like yours. I want you to succeed and lose the weight, be happy.tough love is still love and I hope you receive my post in the spirit in which it was written
Vanessa
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Whoops mistake post
Old 05-19-2012, 04:29 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

I am ready to do this but I wasn't expecting the interview to be scheduled this week (Thanks Nancy for your words of encouragement! They made me smile!!). I think I could have handled my friends visit with a little effort but both in one week just throws off the rotation.

I like thinking of it as MUDDD being helpful to be mindful of eating and is great advice!! I'll also try to get in as much exercise as I can manage. Walking in heels counts as exercise right?
--------------------------------------------------------------
Phoenix, it was not your friends visit and the interview that threw off your rotation, it was your response to it that threw off your rotations. You are the one in control of your rotations, not destiny.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:41 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for everyone's response. Of course I get what everyone is saying with making the right choices - I wouldn't be here if I wasn't ready for that. And that is why I was asking for some advice in case there was a way to perhaps work with this that I was not seeing. In both cases of meals out, if I don't have the nutrition information available I just assume I will be over as I prefer to err on the side of caution.

I will do my best and be mindful and a week from now I hope to be down a bit .