Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2012, 03:46 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gharkness
WOE: RNY Gastric Bypass 02-02-2007
Newspaper item concerning IF'ing.

Well, heck. I was going to put a link and then remembered I can't. Jeniffer Eloff's blog has a link to a story in the Bangdor Daily News, about "Nighttime Fast May Beat Counting Calories to Drop Pounds." Here's a small excerpt:
Quote:
The difference was astonishing. Even though they ate a high-fat diet, the mice who wrapped up their eating day early and were forced to fast for 16 hours were lean _ almost as lean as mice in a control group who ate regular chow. But the mice who noshed on high-fat chow around the clock became obese, even though they consumed the same amount of fat and calories as their counterparts on the time-restricted diet.

Extra weight wasn’t their only problem. The obese mice developed high cholesterol, high blood sugar, fatty liver disease and metabolic problems. The mice who ate fatty food but were forced to fast showed hardly any signs of inflammation or liver disease, and their cholesterol and blood sugar levels were virtually indistinguishable from those of mice who ate regular chow. When put on an exercise wheel, they showed the most endurance and the best motor control of all the animals in the study.
You might want to drop by Jennifer's blog, Splendid Low Carbing and take a look. Interesting stuff!
gharkness is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2012, 11:30 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Thanks for taking the time to post that!
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:40 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
Thank you for posting the excerpt. I've bookmarked the article.
oropendola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:00 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
My liver enzymes, which have been elevated for a few years, dropped significantly after following Dr Kruse's suggestions of
--waiting at least 5 hours between meals
--no snacking!

AST: 41.....21
ALT: 70.....32

It's a little harder not to snack on DDs, but since the calories and fat are low, I imagine that's not too hard on the liver. On UDs I usually only eat twice, in a 6-7 hour window.

Last edited by piratejenny; 05-19-2012 at 11:17 AM..
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:15 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mainemom
Stats: 147/129/115 5' 1"
WOE: LC; Intermittent Fasting; Wheat Free
Start Date: January 2011
I just read this article. Talks about 16-hour fasting periods. Study was done on mice showing not only weight loss and maintenance, but numerous other health benefits. Of course the naysayers were saying that mice are different from people (well, duh!) so "caution" is advised for humans. And some experts pointed out that this would be difficult for us poor humans inundated with late night fast food commercials, busy lifestyles, etc. Come on, people. No matter what method we choose to lose weight and/or improve health, doesn't it require SOME accountability/restraint on our parts? Everyone is still waiting for that magic pill...
"...had we been discussing disorders of growth - why some people grow to be more than seven feet tall and others never make it to four feet - the only subject of discussion would be the hormones and enzymes that regulate growth. And yet, when we're discussing a disorder in which the defining symptom is the abnormal growth of our fat tissue, the hormones and enzymes that regulate that growth are considered irrelevant."
- Gary Taubes, Why We Get Fat
mainemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:20 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Mainemom
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:30 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hockey_gal
Stats: 172/156/150 5'7.5 Goal met: Aug 19/11
WOE: Moderate LC
Start Date: Aug 2010
Hmmm...so every day could be an UD if it was wrapped up by 8pm??? (assuming I don't start eating until noon which is totally doable for me) That sounds almost like a magic pill to me, LOL.
hockey_gal is offline   Reply With Quote