Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2012, 08:38 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IThinkICan
Stats: 218/142-144/145
WOE: HCG-R5P4 JUDDD
Might hcg "steak days" work for JUDDDers after Vacations?

I simultaneously followed JUDDD (with 500-600 cal DDs, only seeking minimal weight loss/stabilization) through my three weeks of HCG P3. I finished my three weeks (and a few days), then ran into Mother's Day, followed by two days of vacation in Disney. I didn't really count calories. I'm guessing Mother's Day was a high MD/close to UD, day 1 of vacation was probably a little over a typical UD, and day 2 of vacation was way up up up! Plus I had more carbs than normal at each vacation meal. Saturday I was 147.3 (didn't weigh Sun, Mon, Tues), went up to 149.0 for Wednesday's morning weigh-in. I was going to do a careful DD, but decided to go ahead and do a HCG P3/P4 Steak Day correction day (even though I wasn't technically out of my appropriate weight window for HCG) - drinking water all day, not eating til dinner, but having about 400 cal worth of lean steak (lean so I could eat more), plus an apple (about 80 cal, bringing total calories to less than 500). The next morning I was down to exactly 147.3 - where I was the morning before Mother's Day.

I was just wondering if a Steak Day would help JUDDDers who've never done HCG. Just a thought. Some say it takes a few DDs to get weight back down - HCGers often find the steak + apple is a miracle for losing quickly. (As I do, like instantly losing that 1.7 lbs gained over the course of three days.) I'm yet to try seeing how long it takes to get weight back down after a vacation if I simply follow the DD-UD-DD-UD rotation. Anyway, just putting this out there in case it helps JUDDD-ers who are not familiar with HCG methods.

(PS - No HCG drops/pellets/injections are required - that's only on P2. Phase 3 (stabilization) and P4 (maintenance) of HCG is without drops/pellets/injections.)
IThinkICan is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2012, 10:09 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
I am not familur with the whole HCG thing.. but am courious as to what you call the miracle for quick loss with an apple and steak? What do you feel the reason for this is?? Funny thing for me,, i hardly ever ever eat steak... i always do chicken for my protein and my hubby eats the steak.. So maybe i should consider eating steak?
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:25 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I don't know much about it.

The thing that I enjoy so much about JUDDD for myself is that once JUDDD kicks in, I can have special days and vacations, etc. and not pay much attention to my calories for a little while, and the metabolism boost I experience from JUDDDing still keeps me going well with little or no weight gain!

I will say, that a bit of weight gain from a special Holiday celebration or a little vacation would almost assuredly be almost all water weight gain, so an apple and lean steak would come in as a very low carb day... in other words, VLC to bring about water weight losses to combat the water weight gain.

This would probably be something that would be of interested to those who do JUDDD while still eating a quite low carb diet. Those are the folks who would probably experience water weight gain from the Holiday/vacation overdoing it a bit, and could get rid of the water weight by the low carb steak/apple correction day.

I'm one who is usually pretty fully carbed up and filled with the resulting water weight, so I have very few of those water weight fluctuations these days. I just walk around sloshing my water weight, I guess.

But I don't do any low carb correction days to counter the water weight. I eat a lot of steak and apples though. But they are usually along with baked potatoes and maybe some sharp cheddar with the apple! I'm far too casual about all of this these days!

Thanks for posting. I expect our low carbers may find this a delicious hint for any water weight they run into from overdoing.

Last edited by SoHappy; 05-18-2012 at 10:26 AM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:27 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Stats: HW 1/2011: 191 CW: 165 GW: 145, then we'll see
WOE: lost 23 lbs on Medi Weightloss '11, now JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD start: May 15, 2012
I did HCG for a bit and it wasnt for me at all, but I do agree that the whole steak day thing works for droping a lb or 2 overnight....I believe it simply helps shed excess water weight many of us build up when we eat "badly." Regardless, being form the midwest, I love a good steak on the grill and absolutely use this trick myself at least once a month.
practicemakeperfct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:03 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
Not for me. I love the freedom of up and down days with no restrictions to types of food. IF works for me because I don't ever enter the "diet" mentality of limited food choices, unless they are for my health concerns. The rotation works, if I want steak I have it. Only quantities vary by day
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:16 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<278/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Thanks for the suggestion!

I sometimes do a very simple, low-carb DD of mostly scrambled eggs if I feel like I have some extra water weight or I need to "get back on track" if I've been going over my calories or snacking too much. Limiting myself to one or two foods for a day--without a lot of sauces, condiments, etc--is very calming to me and helps me re-focus.
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:53 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherrymyra
I think it does really. I don't think it needs to be steak. Just eat high protein a day or so.
sherrymyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:19 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IThinkICan
Stats: 218/142-144/145
WOE: HCG-R5P4 JUDDD
There are other types of "correction days" on hcg p3 & p4 too...

Funny someone should mention eggs - that's one that many use too, although it's unofficial... it could actually be done for an UD too - an egg day would be 10-12 eggs throughout the day, plus butter, cream, and mayo as needed - so especially with those fats, the calories can go kinda high. I've done it like this - 3 scrambled eggs with butter and salt for breakfast, 2 eggs in egg salad made with mayo and onion powder for lunch, a shake made of heavy whipping cream and sf sweetener and vanilla and 2 raw eggs for snack, another 3 eggs scrambled in butter for dinner, and if I want it, another shake from hwc and 2 raw eggs for dessert (sometimes with cocoa). So even if it's mainly eggs, I still have a little variety - but this really helps to shed 2-4 pounds of water weight overnight.

If some people have bodies that work well with instantly losing after any sort of DD, consider yourself blessed. But for anyone who takes several DDs, I just thought I'd share some new options!

I am yet to find explanations regarding the steak days (just dinner of steak followed by an apple), but for some reason, they seem to work like magic about 95% of the time! A few have also just replaced their steak with a large portion of chicken followed by an apple because they don't eat much beef - read about some success with that too.

Other "correction days" HCG-ers have come up with are "Fat Fast" days, adapted from the Atkins fat fast, Greek Yogurt Days (I've never tried), and Chicken Days (roast a chicken and eat it, along with skin, throughout the day). I used to easily lose 2 lbs after Chicken Days, but the last two Chicken Days I did earlier this year suddenly didn't work for me any more. I never had luck with high protein days, though some people can just eat various meats and eggs all day and do pretty well too.

All our bodies are different, I guess... but those Steak Days are the days that seem to work best for most.
IThinkICan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 04:11 PM   #9
lavender and lace

Gallery: Violet_Dream
Stats: 178/167.8/135 ~5'10"~
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 4/18/2014
I'll chime in here about the post-hcg Phase 3 CDs (correction days). Recently, I put on a few pounds from poor choices, but lately have been doing protein days. I did the steak day once and while I was down the next morning, I don't like going all day without eating.

My protein days are usually either 8 chicken thighs throughout the day or 4 eggs in the morning and 3-4 chicken thighs for the rest of day. Also, cooked in coconut oil. I'm a fast loser on any plan, but the coconut oil gives me that boost. For the most part, I eat fairly low carb by choice and because I just feel better. Of the few carbs I do eat, I steer clear as much as possible from anything white (sugar, flour, etc.).

We're going on vacation in a little over week (we'll be in Vegas for a week) and decided to keep it mainly low carb. I just don't have the taste for the "carbage" anymore.

I protein.

Last edited by Violet_Dream; 05-20-2012 at 04:13 PM..
Violet_Dream is offline   Reply With Quote