Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2012, 10:45 AM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
I have gravitated toward eating lightly on up days, up until my evening meal. I am more satisfied when I approach the end of the day with lots of calories to eat before the day ends. I feel less restricted that way.

I've also noticed that I like to snack, rather than eat three square meals. So I snack on microwave popcorn, fruit, 100-calorie mini bagels, that sort of thing. I usually get up to dinner with 1000 calories left to eat for the day. Then I can have anything I please for dinner, often including dessert, and finish the day feeling sated and satisfied.

This is just what works for me. I hope you find what works for you.

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2012, 12:35 PM   #32

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I am rather like you Luna. The evening meal is the only one I share with DH properly. I love to be able to indulge when eating with him.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:10 AM   #33

Gallery: SummerAnne
Stats: 254/247.6/No Specific Goal
WOE: NK
Start Date: 8/1/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemom View Post
Overeating on UDs for me is partly psychological for me, I think. A part of me seems to think if I don't cram in LOTS of food, espec. late in the day, that I'll be STARVING on my DD and I won't make it thru the day. Anyone else feel that way?
I do this too, but the days I overeat on my UD I end up more hungry on my DD, so you would think I would learn my lesson!
SummerAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:34 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Luna, Kissa, this looks kinda key for me, too. When I eat early on UDs, I start to feel restricted by evening, which makes for way too much perceived restriction overall. My original problem was that my 300 cal DDs left me ferociously hungry on UD mornings, so I couldn't wait to eat a substantial meal. I've upped DD cals a bit and have found my way back to something that feels more sustainable. Holy work-in-progress, Batman. Makes me think of Nancy (?) saying you only fail at this if you quit.
Anyway, I'm grateful, as always, for everyone who posts so that the rest of us can learn,
Kristin
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:53 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/152.8/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickicaps View Post
Thanks pat and everyone for their responses, thoughts, and suggestions.

I have to add that despite all of these struggles, at last weigh in (I think sometime last week) I had dropped 11 pounds in about 5 weeks. This is sort of a miracle if you saw how much I have been eating on my UD.

Strangely, today is my first ever DD where I am totally struggling too!

I think I just need to get over myself and approach this WOE with the same kindness and compassion I feel for veganism/ahimsa.

It's funny/sad but I beat myself up a lot when I don't follow things consistently and perfectly when if I would just extend the same level of kindness to myself that I wish on others my life would probably be a whole lot more pleasant and peaceful.

I also like Kristin's idea of condensing mealtimes. I may just take all of my days and try to eat late afternoon to late evening- that doesn't mess anything up, right?
When I am reading your posts I can definitely relate to many of the things that you are saying! One thing that I wanted to mention that comes to mind is that I think that when this diet is working well it keeps your metabolism burning at a good rate while we still restrict calories through the DD and I wonder if that is why we sometimes have difficulty with UD hunger. I am not sure if I am saying this correctly but I guess I am suggesting that the hunger might be a good sign that this way of eating is working really well and is keeping your metabolism burning at a high rate. I tend to find that when I am not hungry (while on a diet) it usually means my metabolism has dropped and I maintain. I can stick to the diet perfectly because I'm not hungry but doesn't really help me achieve my goal because I stay the same weight.
I hope that this makes sence and that some of the strategies you are thinking of will help you feel like you have some less restricted eating time and that you continue to lose weight at such a great rate!
(Luna had a good post a while back that I follow on UD's to manage hunger. When I start the day I try to figure out if I need volume of food to fill up that day or if I am in the mood for higher calorie stuff. If I want the latter I save the bulk of my calories for the evening and enjoy! - Hope I sumerized this somewhat correctly here Luna and thanks for the great advice!)
Old 05-23-2012, 02:02 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Barb, these are excellent to remember. Thanks.
Kristin
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:31 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RebeccaSimpson
Stats: 174 goal 140 5'10
WOE: juicing and juddd
Start Date: 01/24/2013
@Mainemom: this is exactly how it goes for me. During my first week, I always nibbled on something on my ud, also late after dinner,which I usually never do. But just the thought of not being able to eat a lot the day after, made me keep eating. I still struggle a bit with that, I'm 3 week in now, dd's are going good, and I'm trying hard on my ud's. I haven't dared to get on the scale just yet, since TOM is approaching as well. I think we just need to focus that we can do it! Good luck to you!
RebeccaSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:12 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mainemom
Stats: 147/125/115 5' 1"
WOE: LC; Intermittent Fasting; Wheat Free
Start Date: January 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaSimpson View Post
@Mainemom: this is exactly how it goes for me. During my first week, I always nibbled on something on my ud, also late after dinner,which I usually never do. But just the thought of not being able to eat a lot the day after, made me keep eating. I still struggle a bit with that, I'm 3 week in now, dd's are going good, and I'm trying hard on my ud's. I haven't dared to get on the scale just yet, since TOM is approaching as well. I think we just need to focus that we can do it! Good luck to you!
Thanks for the support, Rebecca. Guess we're really NOT going to starve, huh?
mainemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:17 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thomasina838
WOE: JUDDD & paleo
Start Date: 16 Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickicaps View Post
I mean, it must be stress, right?

My DD are fine. I totally stay within my numbers and don't even feel hungry. MY UD however, are still crazy. I start out great but by evening can't stop eating until I have lost track of the calories completely.

I'm afraid to weight myself bc I know I haven't lost anything and I hear such great success stories on this board and think what is WRONG with me??

Sorry, just had to vent again...
no, it doesnt have to be any extraordinary stress. you are way overeating because all the foods that trigger your cravings are still alive and well in your diet. those things dont go away by themselves. i did the Kruse style leptin reset for 6 months. basically paleo eating. and my cravings are really gone. so as long as i dont start them up again by eating the wrong things i am fine. i know JUDDD doesnt limit any foods but it is a lot easier to keep cals where they should be when you are not craving anything. or that 'eat more' thing doesnt kick in all the time. once you are leptin sensitive that will all be gone.
thomasina838 is offline   Reply With Quote