Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2012, 06:08 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: wastednuffime
Stats: 330+ / 172.5 / ???
WOE: Healthy eating and T25 baby!!!!
So, ya know those "one minuts muffins", that....

A lot of people on LCF raves about?

Well, I guess I better back-track first. For my own personal reasons, i am no longer JUDDD-ing, that is, in the sense that many here know it to be. A Few months ago, I changed things up a tad, and am really happy and actually doing great!!
I think for me, JUDDD will be an excellent way to maintain, once I reach goal , so, i will definitely re-visit this WOE in the ( near , ) future... Ok, that being said, i wanted to share something I been doing regarding that infamous one-minute-muffin...

I had a really strong chocolate craving one day, but wanted to stay within a healthy parameter.. I remembered the OMM. Now, I've never made this before, but was intrigued by the raves its received both here on LCF and else-where...

Anyway, I'll get right to the point, cause once i get to yacking,..there;s NO stopping me ... And i certainly apologize if someone else here has already discovered or doing this exact version . Its *new* to me that's all and when i find a new thing, i like to share. So anyway, I took...

1/4 cup milled flax seed
2 egg whites
2 tsp unsweetened apple sauce
2 tsp unsweetened *Hershey's* cocoa
dash of cinnamon
4 packs of Splenda ***
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp of the sugar free cake mix ( only 2 tsp!!)

** I used the "Pillsbury SF Devils food brand.. One box will last you a very LONG time!!**

***( you can just use the sweetener of your choice. The *Stevia* I had, did not work well for me. It could have just been the brand . In any event, You may have to kinda *play* with it to get the sweetness of your liking)

OK, mix all in a big mug and throw in microwave for 2 -3 minutes. Yours may very, so try 1.5 minutes and then add more time if needed. For me though, it definitely took more than the "one" minute, possibly due to the apple sauce & cake mix... **This make a huge ( moist-not dry!!) muffin by the way**, so the average coffee mug may not be large enough..

Here are the *Numbers* as best as i could calculate them..

Flax = 120 calories per 1/4 cup ( carbs = 4, but fiber = 4, so *net* = O) * This is per the back of my "HODGSON MILL" milled flax seed* ( purchased at Walmart)
Cake mix = 40 calories ( 20 per tsp )
unsweetened coco = 20 calories ( 10 per tsp )
egg white = 34 calories ( 17 per white )
S.F. apple sauce = 26 calories ( per 1/4 cup )
cinnamon, aprox 5, splenda, aprox 12, baking powder = 5

Easy, simple, **Filling** and really delish!!! This is really chocolaty, not *flaxy* tasting and an excellent treat Oh and I'm sure some of you can tweak this to get the calories even lower Well worth what it is though!!!

Ask~~~.Believe~~~Receive....

*Look* *Speak* *Act* ...in the direction you want to go, be or do...
wastednuffime is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2012, 06:25 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: wastednuffime
Stats: 330+ / 172.5 / ???
WOE: Healthy eating and T25 baby!!!!
...back to add...

This will add another 41 calories ( depending on how sweet ya make it), but one time I took 1/4 of the *bakers unsweetened baking chocolate", ( = 35 calories) 3 -4 tsp water and 2 packs of Equal, but splenda will work just as well. Microwaved few seconds until melted. Poured over muffin and put in freezer for aprox 10 - 15 minutes, until well chilled. Made a great chocolate *glaze*
wastednuffime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:17 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
girl ya are making me hungry on a down day lol.. I have sure missed choclate.. i may buy some of these things just to try somthing that looks sinfull thanks hun
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:32 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
^^^
Kimberly, I have been making my clean cocoa mix up and having a mug of that with homemade marshmallow creme for a 32 calorie mug of heaven that really satisfies me. Got me through this round of pms.
I cannot afford OMM cals on my down at 260-300, but sometimes I need a chocolate comforter.

Last edited by b_lou_who; 05-18-2012 at 03:46 PM..
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:25 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
B Lou, your clean cocoa mix? Can you direct me to your recipe please? Sounds fantastic,
Kristin
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:35 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hockey_gal
Stats: 172/156/150 5'7.5 Goal met: Aug 19/11
WOE: Moderate LC
Start Date: Aug 2010
Yea, I was wonding how you get a cup of hot cocoa for 32 calories!!! Yum.

I really never found an OMM recipe that I liked. I found them dry or the smell of the flaxseed offensive (even tho I love flaxseed???). When I was LCing I just made up a batch of muffins every Sunday and froze them. My freezer was full of LC muffins of every kind bc I didn't eat them all in one week...this allowed me variety...for chocolate I used the black bean chocolate cake recipe and just put it in muffin tins...

Goal weight met: Aug 19/11

I played in the Longest Game for CF. We broke the Guinness record for longest hockey game.
hockey_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:27 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

I *think* I posted the cocoa recipe in down day recipes sticky, but I will add it again. I just mix it up in magic bullet and put in a jar.

.5 cup erythritol - powder in magic bullet before adding remainder ingredients

then add and powder together for a few seconds

.5 cup best cocoa powder you can find
.5 teaspoon glucomannan/konjac powder
1 tablespoon stevia with inulin powder (or two tbsp if you like sweeter)
1 teaspoon ground vanilla beans (ordered from amazon) - optional but adds YUM
6 tablespoons (weighed in grams as on package) organic non-instant dried milk powder
.5 teaspoon sea salt
.5 teaspoon instant espresso or a Via packet would work - it enhances the chocolate flavor. you could add more if you wanted.

this mimics the best clean non sugar cocoa mix out there only doesn't use guar gum (glu works better) because the guar settles out in clumps. I use two heaping teaspoonsful which I always weigh in grams at 18g per 12 oz mug of boiling water. 18g is 20 cal - I put everything into recipe maker in fat secret, double and triple checking ingredients.

I am now putting about a half cup of my clean marshmallow creme in the cup with the powdered cocoa mix for another 12 calories, then pouring in the hot water and stirring. the marshmallow melts into the chocolate and the honey richness adds so much. I love this stuff.

clean marshmallow creme

in saucepan off heat put 3 packets knox gelatin with .25 cup cold water to start dissolving for five minutes
place over medium heat and add 3-5 tablespoons erythritol (doesn't have to be powdered first), big dash sea salt, 1 tablespoon raw honey, half cup boiling water and bring to a boil whisking constantly to dissolve everything. turn off heat and stir in 1 Tablespoon vanilla and .25 teaspoon glucomannan powder (all the sugar free cremes on the market have guar gum but I didn't want to mess with it)
beat two egg whites with 2 teaspoons egg white powder (I think you could just use three egg whites, I was trying for stiffer creme and had the powder on hand) with .5 teaspoon cream of tartar just to stiff peaks. keep mixer on high and trickle in the hot liquid mixture until fully incorporated and store in two 1 quart mason jars in refrigerator. makes 8 cups at 12 cal per half cup.
if you don't want the honey flavor use agave or maple syrup. it really adds something lovely to the marshmallowy goodness.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:35 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

BTW, sorry about the thread hijack. I try not to do that. added recipes to down day sticky
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote